Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556532 times)

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #8275 on: July 31, 2016, 07:58:30 PM »
Think Palace will be back in - Keith Millen was stating yesterday how short of options they are up front especially given a couple of injuries they've got.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8276 on: July 31, 2016, 08:04:28 PM »
Saido may dig his heels in, if it is the Stoke offer.
He would want to go "darn sarf" to Crystal Palace.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8277 on: July 31, 2016, 08:47:46 PM »
So far in his career he's miles away from Harry Kane in performance, achievements and attitude . Why is Harry Kane playing champions league and international football whilst Saido might join Stoke if he's lucky. The football world can't be fooled by someone who thinks he's good (most of the time) . He has potential to be good but he also also has potential to drop down the leagues too if his head isn't right longer term so his career is in the balance now whereas Harry Kane is already the finished article and would get into most if not all top six teams.

Now he is but before spurs fu-ked his head up no i would have sad Sadio was a better allround forward than him.
P/s And still has the ability to do it again the question is will he not can he.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8278 on: July 31, 2016, 09:01:42 PM »
But he has a long history of being a problem child at Albion and loan clubs - he had issues at Brentford and Petrrborough I recall?

Roy wasn't fond of his big time Charlie attitude apparently , he was done drink driving , inhaling gas on video , gave some stupid interviews , produced some stupid tweets. All this was whilst he was a hot and cold player on the pitch. He always had a flurry of goals including penalties and then long barren spells .

Whilst this has been going on , Harry Kane was working hard, settled, getting better, regularly scoring and developing his all round game year after year.

Maybe I've got a blind spot,  but I think some fans are really over-rating Saido so much it's untrue . He's shown flashes of great , cool finishing very seldomly and usually against lesser opposition (Gateshead in the cup) but his all round game for me is naive , weak and he can't make things happen like top players do. He has some pretty touches without making kings happen in important areas.

Good luck to him but I think we might get a good deal at 20m plus for him?

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8279 on: July 31, 2016, 09:10:07 PM »
darbolina it's all about opinions ;)
Both young lads let's see how much both are worth in 4/5 years ha

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8280 on: July 31, 2016, 10:52:56 PM »
Now he is but before spurs fu-ked his head up no i would have sad Sadio was a better allround forward than him.
P/s And still has the ability to do it again the question is will he not can he.

completely agree with you

swap them around, put kane in our team and saido in spurs.... watch how good he looks then

the service kane gets compared to saido is 100x better, been saying this for ages!

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8281 on: July 31, 2016, 10:59:53 PM »
Very debatable...not enough evidence to sway either way.

as much as i really like rondon... work out his goals to game ratio compared to rondons (for us), takes away the debate tbh.. only one clear winner

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8282 on: July 31, 2016, 11:25:24 PM »
darbolina it's all about opinions ;)
Both young lads let's see how much both are worth in 4/5 years ha

Absolutely , what do i know being a fan! Time will tell with Saido , like I said he's certainly got potential but there are other strikers like Kane who are the finished article already . Otherwise why didn't Spurs or a big club want him if he really is that good ?

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8283 on: July 31, 2016, 11:26:36 PM »

as much as i really like rondon... work out his goals to game ratio compared to rondons (for us), takes away the debate tbh.. only one clear winner
if we are going premier league goals rondon has 9 in 34 games, Saido has 23 in 100 games, making rondon's ratio 1 in 3.77 games and saido's 1 in 4.34 games
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8284 on: July 31, 2016, 11:27:41 PM »
Played in the right position he would outscore Rondon every time.
rubbish,he cant head a ball for a start

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8285 on: July 31, 2016, 11:29:19 PM »
He scored from penalties a lot of times.
Recently though he missed two.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #8286 on: July 31, 2016, 11:34:55 PM »

Christ, too true. If he had 50p for every time he's had the chance to win a game with a simple header, he'd use said 50p to head the ball out for a throw-in. In our half.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8287 on: August 01, 2016, 12:16:50 AM »
Personally, i think it is for the best that he goes now. 20 + million would pay for the academy for the next 5-6 years and would be our first big home grown sale in the modern era.

He isn't worth what is being offered and he is a petulant kid.
Boing Boing

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8288 on: August 01, 2016, 12:58:01 AM »
if we are going premier league goals rondon has 9 in 34 games, Saido has 23 in 100 games, making rondon's ratio 1 in 3.77 games and saido's 1 in 4.34 games

not just premier league goals, regardless if its premier league or cup... saido has a better goal scoring record than rondon (for us)

saido has 113 apps 36 goals which is a goal every 3.13 games
rondon has 40 apps 10 goals which is a goal every 4 games

which im sure saido would have improved that last season having not been so unsettled and distracted

not trying to put rondon down or anything cause as a player and person i do like the guy, but if its goals were after (as it stands) saido is our better option

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8289 on: August 01, 2016, 01:01:25 AM »
Christ, too true. If he had 50p for every time he's had the chance to win a game with a simple header, he'd use said 50p to head the ball out for a throw-in. In our half.

That's the best quote on here in my ten or so years. Well done
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8290 on: August 01, 2016, 05:11:24 AM »

And yet heading is one of the only attributes that Rondon is better than Saido.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8291 on: August 01, 2016, 07:10:16 AM »
In the Rondon v Berahino argument, we bought Rondon for £12M last season and are on the verge of selling Berahino, despite his troubled history, for almost double that. Speaks volumes?
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8292 on: August 01, 2016, 07:36:41 AM »
In the Rondon v Berahino argument, we bought Rondon for £12M last season and are on the verge of selling Berahino, despite his troubled history, for almost double that. Speaks volumes?

Not really, English player premium, massively inflated fees after tv deal, etc, etc. Goal scoring records are a more pertinent indicator and if we take away penalties and 8 goals against Gateshead and Yeovil then there isn't much in it at all.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8293 on: August 01, 2016, 07:39:54 AM »
and the fact that zenit had to sell due to new rules around foreign players in Russia.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:41:36 AM by NathWBA »
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8294 on: August 01, 2016, 09:24:55 AM »
And the fact the English market is hyper inflated as always ! Sterling and John Stones 50m!!

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8295 on: August 01, 2016, 10:09:39 AM »
Not really, English player premium, massively inflated fees after tv deal, etc, etc. Goal scoring records are a more pertinent indicator and if we take away penalties and 8 goals against Gateshead and Yeovil then there isn't much in it at all.

yes 8 goals against gateshead and yeovil, but still 8 more than any of our other players could score

i know it was lower opposition, but none of our other players scored that many against those teams so regardless of how good/poor people may think saido is, he's still our best goalscorer ATM

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8296 on: August 01, 2016, 10:11:09 AM »

Thierry Henry couldn't head a ball. He didn't do too badly for goals.  :D

Rondon struggles to control a ball and will only score goals from chances laid on a plate in and around the 6 yard box. Saido has the ability to create out of nothing.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8297 on: August 01, 2016, 10:22:07 AM »
Thierry Henry couldn't head a ball. He didn't do too badly for goals.  :D

Rondon struggles to control a ball and will only score goals from chances laid on a plate in and around the 6 yard box. Saido has the ability to create out of nothing.

doesn't matter how good he is or isn't
He doesn't want to be here and it shows

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8298 on: August 01, 2016, 10:25:12 AM »
Theres also a lot more to a good striker than just scoring goals.

For example Rondon is far better at holding the ball up and creating openings for other players than Saido is imo

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8299 on: August 01, 2016, 01:10:54 PM »
If the ITK post elsewhere about him being Stoke-bound is true, he may not feature for us tonight, although that might depend on how far advanced things are with Sakho. If he plays tonight, it would suggest to me that a deal with Stoke isn't yet agreed.