Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556287 times)

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7900 on: July 11, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »
At the end of the day, 15m/ 20m , whatever is a lot of money. I don't think 5 m will make that much difference to us really. In today's football 15m it's not enough to buy a top, finished-article striker. Berahino is definitely not a top striker today. He's shown flashes of potential, of being a good finisher but his temperament and all round game is generally not that great from what I've seen. Good touch, not a lone frontman, good finisher, weak in the air, cannot hold up play well, doesn't work that hard for the team, is a little naïve at times in positioning and decision making. Yes, he has potential but he needs a lot of work and time and money to be near to a good, regular premier league striker. 

For 15m / 20m whatever, we can add a player who will add at least the same, if not more to the squad.  For all his 'fancy' touches, we could get someone who fits in better in the team.  I think it's time for us all to move on now. We basically nurtured him for probably a million (being generous) over the years and so a profit of 14-19m is fantastic! Imagine signing a player for 1m and then selling him for 14m.

Bye bye Berahino!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7901 on: July 11, 2016, 11:52:42 AM »
Odemwingie, Kamara and Megson were all quality assets too, but just like Berahino they all had attitude problems and threw strops, wanted to leave and failed on their next steps. Your examples only serve to prove the opposite point you want to make - those who think themselves worth more to the club than the club feels they are, in the cases you've made, the individuals were wrong and the club right.

Yes i agree their careers went down hill afterwards, but think of the message it sent to other players and their agents. Megson was sacked because he wasn't given the players he had on his list. We got Gera and Kanu, Dindane was reportedly next, i would have loved to have seen who the others were.
Kamara did the telephone thing after every goal he scored, telling them to phone is agent about more money or a move.
Odemwingie moaned he wasn't given what was promised to him and Berahino has made similar noises.
Yes, i would agree that Megson and Kamara were probably not the answer for premeirship football, but neither were the managers that followed Megson, or really the players that followed Kamara. We spent a lot of time yo yo ing because we never improved the quality of what we had, and the same is happening now. An old squad, we have re signed Morrison and spent 18 months signing Phillips.
Not good enough if we want to progress.
Don't forget these players talk to others at internationals and they can't honestly give us a good name when it comes to paying the going rate.
If just one said it fair enough,but when you have lot's of players saying it over the years people give you a bad name.
Gary Megson said there is more to being a successful football club than showing a profit every year. Kevin Phillips said in his column at the end of this season, if Albion want to progress in this league they need to show ambition in the transfer window. Johnny Giles said similar in his column.
These people are legends to me, are they all spouting rubbish?

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7902 on: July 11, 2016, 12:12:02 PM »
It's always easier to sit on the outside suggesting we spend more money. I know as a football club we make a profit. It's not like that profit would actually get us that much if we spent it rather than banked it. If the club gambled we could always go the wrong way and the costs could be far greater.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7903 on: July 11, 2016, 12:21:33 PM »
The people who said it though are on the inside, they know the Chairman and the running of the club first hand.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7904 on: July 11, 2016, 01:26:17 PM »
Contract rejected anyway, as you were
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7905 on: July 11, 2016, 01:29:07 PM »
Send him to the potters, he will love it up there
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7906 on: July 11, 2016, 01:40:42 PM »
Just get rid of him already, as usual the club will wait and wait and we will end up selling him and not getting a replacement
Baggie Terra

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7907 on: July 11, 2016, 01:44:23 PM »
This is an easy one for everyone involved. We want £20m and he wants to go, as the months go by his price lowers but we are less likely to sell. He signs a new deal with a bigger salary and a £20m buy out clause. Someone pays that and us and Saido both get what they want.

Not really worked out has it? Not that easy after all
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7908 on: July 11, 2016, 01:48:02 PM »
If rumours are true that he has rejected a new contract then its time to ensure he is sold...

Im pretty confident he will never get to play for a top top team as his attitude will see that he doesnt, he may get a move to a big club but only to fulfill the quota of English players much like Delph...the odd game here and there and he will fade into obscurity
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7909 on: July 11, 2016, 02:24:19 PM »
One negative to this contract offer has to be the effect on the dressing room, doesn't it?
SB is hardly likely to be Mr popular and to be offered a deal better than most would surely rankle. I can imagine TP having a queue at the office door soon.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7910 on: July 11, 2016, 02:30:30 PM »
If rumours are true that he has rejected a new contract then its time to ensure he is sold...

Im pretty confident he will never get to play for a top top team as his attitude will see that he doesnt, he may get a move to a big club but only to fulfill the quota of English players much like Delph...the odd game here and there and he will fade into obscurity

Bang on. He's too stupid to see that he's going to wreck his own career. I guess it depends how much he values ££££££££££. Yes he can get paid more elsewhere but his legacy is going nowhere.

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7911 on: July 11, 2016, 02:55:48 PM »
He's rejected a new deal, no surprise there.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7912 on: July 11, 2016, 02:59:28 PM »
Shock horror.

Please get this odious little pooh out of our club. I am beyond sick of him and his arrogance. £15m is fine, just get him gone.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7913 on: July 11, 2016, 03:45:59 PM »
Future career path... Stoke... Palace... Hull...

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7914 on: July 11, 2016, 04:13:01 PM »
Future career path... Stoke... Palace... Hull...

he must like stripes then

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7915 on: July 11, 2016, 06:05:34 PM »
Is he playing mind games ?
Been Tweeting again ...................

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/839376293?-11200:789:0

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7916 on: July 11, 2016, 06:18:26 PM »
Now you see, I saw that and took it to mean he may be staying.

There's alot of WBA imagry on this banner and profile pic and all that. If i was training, but very much had my eyes open to move, I wouldn't be posting lots of images of me in the kit, I'd be putting up stuff of me in generic working kit working hard and trying to sell myself?

But maybe Saido doesn't put that much thought into it?
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7917 on: July 11, 2016, 06:38:41 PM »
Does this look like a player who wants to leave?

https://twitter.com/SBerahino?lang=en-gb
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7918 on: July 11, 2016, 06:43:59 PM »
Is this kid clever or stupid?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7919 on: July 11, 2016, 07:01:29 PM »
getting beyond a joke now, get rid or i am fast loosing interest in football
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:06:35 PM by WBAinDEVON »

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7920 on: July 11, 2016, 07:04:59 PM »
Surely JP has to sell him now. Or risk losing him next summer for nothing.

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7921 on: July 11, 2016, 07:17:00 PM »
Surely JP has to sell him now. Or risk losing him next summer for nothing.
It wouldn't be for nothing unless he joined a foreign side because of the tribunal fee, but it would probably be a reduced amount.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7922 on: July 11, 2016, 07:23:56 PM »
any proof that he has refused a new deal? saw it alot today but no actual proof... unfortunately for us he is a target for sh*t journos to make an easy story cause everyone seems to hate the kid lol

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7923 on: July 11, 2016, 07:26:10 PM »
Is this kid clever or stupid?

Probably thinks he can run his contract down. So basically he's stupid :)

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7924 on: July 11, 2016, 07:30:18 PM »
cant see what hes done wrong, theres no solid proof YET that he as refused a new contract.... yet your all quick to slate him for updating his twitter with west broms badge over it

shocking