Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556500 times)

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7575 on: May 01, 2016, 01:13:55 PM »
Yes he was a bit of a nob,  most footballers are but TP has managed to mismanage the situation so badly we have a shadow of the player we had before.

Saying that Spurs and whoever was dealing with the transfer b®ll©x messed it all up.

Should have stuck him in the team though and used his anger to motivate performance.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7576 on: May 01, 2016, 04:45:20 PM »
but if he wasn't properly match fit (through his own fault) why should he be picked ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7577 on: May 01, 2016, 05:00:02 PM »
Very poor again and, like Rondon, has looked generally poor the past 7/8 games hence no cutting edge to our game at all.

PS - No one who actually attended yesterday's game could say that we didn't attack them from the off and put plenty of balks into the box.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7578 on: May 01, 2016, 08:22:18 PM »
He's average at best and he's very lucky to be getting a game in the prem...not a one season wonder but a ten game wonder.

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7579 on: May 01, 2016, 08:50:50 PM »
He's average at best and he's very lucky to be getting a game in the prem...not a one season wonder but a ten game wonder.

Agreed, Palace reportedly interested now. A top four club will not touch him with a bargepole.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7580 on: May 01, 2016, 09:59:44 PM »
Agreed, Palace reportedly interested now. A top four club will not touch him with a bargepole.

Not a chance will he get a top4 club

He has blown his chances

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7581 on: May 02, 2016, 09:02:20 PM »

Not particularly bothered where he goes so long as we get a decent wedge and we buy a decent striker rather than 3 centre halfs with the money
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7582 on: May 03, 2016, 09:53:52 AM »
would he do well at Palace, i wonder. cant wait until he is off our books. hes trouble
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7583 on: May 03, 2016, 10:19:48 AM »
Yes he was a bit of a nob,  most footballers are but TP has managed to mismanage the situation so badly we have a shadow of the player we had before.

Saying that Spurs and whoever was dealing with the transfer b®ll©x messed it all up.

Should have stuck him in the team though and used his anger to motivate performance.

but his anger was towards the club for the perceived injustice that was done to him (in his head). If his anger had been aimed at Spurs then I can see your point but it wasn't. Hence his never playing comment.

He looks like he just isn't bothered. Last season he would have buried at least one of the chances he had against man City, most likely both penalties against Watford and the good chance he had against West ham on Saturday but he looks to me like he doesn't care if he scores or not.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7584 on: May 03, 2016, 10:26:36 AM »
but his anger was towards the club for the perceived injustice that was done to him (in his head). If his anger had been aimed at Spurs then I can see your point but it wasn't. Hence his never playing comment.

He looks like he just isn't bothered. Last season he would have buried at least one of the chances he had against man City, most likely both penalties against Watford and the good chance he had against West ham on Saturday but he looks to me like he doesn't care if he scores or not.
which sums up what kind of person he is, where's his professional pride? He's like a lot of the youngsters now who play for the money and not for the love of the game. I can't stand him and never have overly and can't wait to see the back of him. For all Odemwingie's faults he's five times the player and person Berahino is imo.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7585 on: May 03, 2016, 10:34:31 AM »
I think it was fairly obvious that he was going to decline this season. We may be lucky to get £10m at this rate but it doesn't really matter as long as JP gets one up on someone.

He needs to go ASAP but I can see this dragging on until late in the window.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7586 on: May 03, 2016, 11:04:54 AM »
I think it was fairly obvious that he was going to decline this season. We may be lucky to get £10m at this rate but it doesn't really matter as long as JP gets one up on someone.

He needs to go ASAP but I can see this dragging on until late in the window.

I agree but I hope that we already have a deal in place with someone to take him off our hands
His value has declined dramatically over the last 9 months

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7587 on: May 03, 2016, 12:02:37 PM »
JP is normally the master negotiator but is going to lose out big time over this transfer. Saido's heart is not in it anymore and the sooner he goes the better. There is an exellent forward in there somewere but it wont be for us.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7588 on: May 03, 2016, 12:15:10 PM »
god help him when he comes back to visit
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7589 on: May 03, 2016, 06:29:51 PM »

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7590 on: May 03, 2016, 06:44:27 PM »
Is he still here?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7591 on: May 07, 2016, 08:51:50 PM »

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7592 on: May 08, 2016, 10:46:29 AM »
Linked with a move to Watford.
Oh how have the mighty fallen.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/live/match-reaction/341548/pulis-berahino-wont-come-cheap

"Before the season started we'd have bitten off arms, legs, whatever was available to be in this position that we're in now." - TP

REALLY? 15th is great now is it????
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7593 on: May 08, 2016, 05:56:17 PM »
ee Pulis is hinting he may stay. Hope to hell it's just mind games to get in decent bids. Really want to see the back of him. Don't think he will ever be a top class player

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7594 on: May 08, 2016, 06:55:33 PM »
"Before the season started we'd have bitten off arms, legs, whatever was available to be in this position that we're in now." - TP

In all fairness between 11 and 15 there is 6 points.If our penalty takers had done the job we would be there.Fact is job done.Now move on?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7595 on: May 08, 2016, 10:20:27 PM »
The bitten off arms and legs to be in this position quote was actually said by Eddie Howe, not Pulis. The comments about Peace made me chuckle

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7596 on: May 10, 2016, 12:21:55 AM »
Iv'e said it before IF he signs a new contract BEFORE the end of the season I would hope the fans would get behind him next season IF he hasn't the sell him ASP.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7597 on: May 10, 2016, 09:11:54 AM »

You need to read the report again it's clearly Eddie Howe that says that not Pulis.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7598 on: May 10, 2016, 09:45:23 AM »
You need to read the report again it's clearly Eddie Howe that says that not Pulis.

Correct sir.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7599 on: May 10, 2016, 10:33:31 AM »
Iv'e said it before IF he signs a new contract BEFORE the end of the season I would hope the fans would get behind him next season IF he hasn't the sell him ASP.

Not sure just signing a contract on improved wages is enough to justify us giving the lad our unequivocal support?

If he has a change in his stinking attitude then perhaps he will start to get people back on board, but currently we have a player who is purportedly worth in excess of £20m who displays no effort or desire to play for us and we should get behind him? No thanks Geoff.