Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556645 times)

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7475 on: April 17, 2016, 01:05:37 PM »
Have to blame coach for not getting the best out of saido, even his antics at start of season should have been dealt better. Club should of fined him and drew a line under it and coach has to keep him fit for season a head or get rid of strength and conditioning coaches who with the weight he's carrying around haven't done their jobs. This is after all our main asset.
There's only so much coaches can do - if you offer him a good diet, do the right training etc then he goes off on a friday and gets drunk, then what is the club meant to do?

Remember, this is a player who has fell out with various coaches before and has a history of bad behaviour under various managers/coaches so it's more to do with him as an individual rather than the handling done by the club.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7476 on: April 17, 2016, 01:09:00 PM »
He should never have taken the ball from Gardner. Gardner takes a cracking penalty and team is far more important than that odious little pooh looking to grab the headlines.

Not sure why we continue to play him when he has been dreadful since his 'reintegration' into the side. No one will sign him in the summer as we will want £20m for him and he is worth around £5m.

Still fuming that we didn't get rid of him in January. The lad is a busted flush and his attitude absolutely stinks, the team would be far better without him. All the things i said in January and continue to be proven right about.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7477 on: April 17, 2016, 01:12:40 PM »
Billy big. Boots like Lewis Hamilton , get rid Asap
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:39:14 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #7478 on: April 17, 2016, 04:03:43 PM »
Never looked comfortable taking either penalty which was very strange for someone so calm usually in those situations.

He looks and plays as someone who doesn't want to be here. His dawdling about is becoming annoying and all those traits which made him such a superb striker last season are deserting him.

Personally, it will be better for everyone when he buggers off but there will be very little chance of us getting north of £20million for him in my view. We'll be lucky to scrape up to £20mil!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7479 on: April 17, 2016, 04:17:46 PM »
I reckon we will be lucky to get 12m now,the more he plays the more his value seems to drop ,worst forward in the air ever,he cant beat a man either

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7480 on: April 17, 2016, 07:42:05 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saido_Berahino
Read 15/16 season regarding his comments towards the chairman
Only if you confirm that Wikipedia can't be tampered with?, didn't we sign messi on there before?
You won't find evidence of what you say he said.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7481 on: April 17, 2016, 07:52:49 PM »
Saido said " sad I can't say exactly how the club has treated me but i can officially say I will never play Jeremy Peace" ... And credit to him he's stuck to his words.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #7482 on: April 17, 2016, 08:52:28 PM »
Hindsight is wonderful isn't it? Had Saido scored the second penalty we would all be saying fair play for having the bottle to step up again and rescue a point.

What if Fletcher had stepped in, given the ball to Gardner and he'd missed? Who are we blaming then?

Penalties are a lottery, the first one was poorly struck and the second was a fantastic save in my opinion - but if Gomes dives the wrong way they both go in. Luck of the draw.

I was much more frustrated with the general performance from one of the most boring, one dimensional, technically inept teams I've ever seen at this level than I was at the penalties.

Its not about hindsight its actually part of the managers and captains job as the games progresses Saidos body language and instinct were poor throughout.  If he hadnt of let Saido take it and Gardner had missed then id say there wouldnt be as many asking why Saido wasnt allowed to take a second one as those asking why Gardner hadnt taken the second.  My biggest point proberbly wasnt shown in my previous post as I missed a word out, its the fact only Saido and Gardner stood up the plate to take that second penalty which I agree was a fantastic save.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7483 on: April 17, 2016, 09:49:30 PM »
Its not about hindsight its actually part of the managers and captains job as the games progresses Saidos body language and instinct were poor throughout.  If he hadnt of let Saido take it and Gardner had missed then id say there wouldnt be as many asking why Saido wasnt allowed to take a second one as those asking why Gardner hadnt taken the second.  My biggest point proberbly wasnt shown in my previous post as I missed a word out, its the fact only Saido and Gardner stood up the plate to take that second penalty which I agree was a fantastic save.
Is this the first pen Saido has missed? (I know he took 2) Up to now he has done well with them?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

Peachofacross

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #7484 on: April 18, 2016, 07:56:21 AM »

The second was a great save but in hindsight it should have gone to Gardner. There was more pressure on that second penalty for Saido because of the first miss. The mind games were evident and it needn't have been an issue. Letting Gardner take it IMO would have given us a better chance of scoring. Also Gardner tends to go high and hard which, if on target, are always much harder to save. All Saido's are low penalties.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7485 on: April 18, 2016, 08:58:21 AM »
The second was a great save but in hindsight it should have gone to Gardner. There was more pressure on that second penalty for Saido because of the first miss. The mind games were evident and it needn't have been an issue. Letting Gardner take it IMO would have given us a better chance of scoring. Also Gardner tends to go high and hard which, if on target, are always much harder to save. All Saido's are low penalties.

Saido is inexperienced. He's just learnt a valuable lesson. If that happened again, he'd probably smack the second penalty low and as hard as he could. I don't think we can crucify him for it - he just had a very bad day!

I was at the Hawthorns (I think the season we went down) after missing two pens in one game v Port Vale when we drew 1-1 (one was Don Goodman I think, can't recall the other 'misser'). At least Saturday wasn't important in order for us to stay up.

Saido needs a change of scenery as much as we need to make some money off him and reinvest in maybe two attacking players who can add something to the first team.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7486 on: April 18, 2016, 09:47:03 AM »
Saido is inexperienced. He's just learnt a valuable lesson. If that happened again, he'd probably smack the second penalty low and as hard as he could. I don't think we can crucify him for it - he just had a very bad day!

I was at the Hawthorns (I think the season we went down) after missing two pens in one game v Port Vale when we drew 1-1 (one was Don Goodman I think, can't recall the other 'misser'). At least Saturday wasn't important in order for us to stay up.

Saido needs a change of scenery as much as we need to make some money off him and reinvest in maybe two attacking players who can add something to the first team.

I shudder to think what the next excuse for him will be.
He's almost 23, he's been involved with a professional football club since he was 11 years old.
He's been involved in the England set up from U16 to Full squad how much more experience does he need to be able to put the ball away, against a keeper on his line, from 12 yards.
No good blaming Pulis we had two gilt edged chances to come away with 3 points on Saturday and we blew it
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7487 on: April 18, 2016, 11:11:14 AM »
I shudder to think what the next excuse for him will be.
He's almost 23, he's been involved with a professional football club since he was 11 years old.
He's been involved in the England set up from U16 to Full squad how much more experience does he need to be able to put the ball away, against a keeper on his line, from 12 yards.
No good blaming Pulis we had two gilt edged chances to come away with 3 points on Saturday and we blew it

He's never been in the situation of taking a second penalty in a premier league game after having missed the first. So he was inexperienced. It was for the older heads (Fletcher, Gardner) to grab him and no - someone else will have the second one. They play as a team .

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7488 on: April 18, 2016, 12:59:35 PM »
He's never been in the situation of taking a second penalty in a premier league game after having missed the first. So he was inexperienced. It was for the older heads (Fletcher, Gardner) to grab him and no - someone else will have the second one. They play as a team .

By your logic if a striker has never scored a hat trick but has scored 2 in a game and has a chance for a third you would expect him to miss it ?

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7489 on: April 18, 2016, 01:25:05 PM »
He should never have taken the ball from Gardner. Gardner takes a cracking penalty and team is far more important than that odious little pooh looking to grab the headlines.

Not sure why we continue to play him when he has been dreadful since his 'reintegration' into the side. No one will sign him in the summer as we will want £20m for him and he is worth around £5m.

Still fuming that we didn't get rid of him in January. The lad is a busted flush and his attitude absolutely stinks, the team would be far better without him. All the things i said in January and continue to be proven right about.

I couldn't agree more with that, he should be nowhere near the team. He couldn't give a toss about our great club and he has been a unwelcome distraction all of this season

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7490 on: April 18, 2016, 01:39:52 PM »
I agree too. The penalty arrogance is just around straw number 65 in his antics for the last few years.

The drink driving, the laughing gas, the instagram antics, the twitter meltdown, the lack of effort to get himself fit back in the team, lack of effort to try in games he has played, lack of respect for his team mates, the fans and don't forget the company that pays him more in a week than most of us earn in a year in a contract he happily signed not very long ago.

All in all  he sums up everything wrong with a modern day footballer.
The club are not responsible for his actions or not 'getting the best out of him' or him 'being inexperienced'

Hes a 22 year old fully grown adult he's not 12. The only person who is responsible is Saido Berahino himself.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7491 on: April 18, 2016, 01:40:44 PM »
the similarity to Luke Moore is stark, I remember going to pre-season game at Histon Town,
Luke took 2 pens and scored ............  you got it, zero.

Its quite possible that Luke Moore will have a more successful career than Saido the way SB is regressing at the moment.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7492 on: April 18, 2016, 01:43:37 PM »
the similarity to Luke Moore is stark, I remember going to pre-season game at Histon Town,
Luke took 2 pens and scored ............  you got it, zero.

Its quite possible that Luke Moore will have a more successful career than Saido the way SB is regressing at the moment.
I know it's a little off topic but didn't Simon Cox take one of the pens?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7493 on: April 18, 2016, 01:55:42 PM »
There's a great solution here, re-sign the legendary Igor Balis!

Best penalty you'll ever see in my view.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7494 on: April 18, 2016, 01:57:59 PM »
never been so bored with a thread before. i hear you cry dont look at it then :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7495 on: April 18, 2016, 02:01:21 PM »
never been so bored with a thread before. i hear you cry dont look at it then :)

People love to slate the guy. You could feel most of the stadium on Saturday silently praying for him to miss again so they could shout more bile at him.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7496 on: April 18, 2016, 02:29:28 PM »
People love to slate the guy. You could feel most of the stadium on Saturday silently praying for him to miss again so they could shout more bile at him.

What nonsense.
I can't stand the little git but if, after he'd missed those two penalties, he'd have shinned one in and another came off the corner of his head I think we'd have all been happy.
The fact is the kids got a very high opinion of himself and believes he's above criticism.
It's not only here where he's had run ins ask Pertboro and and Brentford.
I'm open minded but when reports come in of problems else where you need to ask where the problem is. Is it Berahino or everyone else?
He needs to stand in front of a mirror and have a word with himself.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7497 on: April 18, 2016, 02:36:30 PM »
By your logic if a striker has never scored a hat trick but has scored 2 in a game and has a chance for a third you would expect him to miss it ?

Sorry I don't follow 'my' logic? Not the first or last time mind ?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7498 on: April 18, 2016, 06:13:42 PM »
From the Sun........
Stoke manager Mark Hughes has hinted Tottenham are in front of the Potters in the race to sign West Brom striker Saido Berahino.

Edit...
From the Telegraph.....
Stoke are ready to rival Tottenham in £20m chase for West Brom striker Saido Berahino.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7499 on: April 18, 2016, 06:46:42 PM »
From the Sun........
Stoke manager Mark Hughes has hinted Tottenham are in front of the Potters in the race to sign West Brom striker Saido Berahino.

Edit...
From the Telegraph.....
Stoke are ready to rival Tottenham in £20m chase for West Brom striker Saido Berahino.
"Nottingham Pork Butchers"Would be ideal...Mr Clough. 8)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP