Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556212 times)

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7450 on: April 16, 2016, 08:48:07 PM »
Oh dear.
Don't be late for school on Monday you obviously have some catching up to do!

Meaning what exactly? lets not beat around the bush

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7451 on: April 16, 2016, 09:01:04 PM »
He was very cack today and has been pretty much so since his 'comeback'
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7452 on: April 16, 2016, 09:14:11 PM »
Meaning what exactly? lets not beat around the bush
Indeed I need to cut the old bush out and re-plant. On topic I think Bero needs to pull his socks up! In my day missing 2 pen's would have ment getting the cane!! In his he is just not up to replacing the Kane  :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7453 on: April 16, 2016, 09:26:30 PM »
LOL good old west brom 'fans' ay.

you'll all be licking his frigging backside when he scores a winner for us again like the majority were after the whole transfer saga then he got himself back in the squad and scored. LOL

JOKE MANAGER, JOKE PLAYERS, JOKE FANS.

The way some of you know he's not going to be here next season or know what we will and wont get for him if he does go... why are you on this forum and not managers yourself? idiots.

Cant wait til he does go because we will have nobody to score goals cause ther all useless and end up following the villa... but with shitter fans than them (afterall, they do SUPPORT there club and players - or atleast the majority do).
didn't you call all the players a bag of shyte in the after match debate?

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7454 on: April 16, 2016, 09:33:14 PM »
didn't you call all the players a bag of shyte in the after match debate?

yes, i did.. i agree saido and everyone else PLAYED like a bag of pooh TODAY... that still dont take away having the balls to step up and take a peno straight after missing one

i couldnt care if he stays or goes, hes a natural goal scorer, yes he had a really bad game today but that dont take away his talent what some are trying to ignore

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7455 on: April 16, 2016, 09:39:59 PM »
yes, i did.. i agree saido and everyone else PLAYED like a bag of pooh TODAY... that still dont take away having the balls to step up and take a peno straight after missing one

i couldnt care if he stays or goes, hes a natural goal scorer, yes he had a really bad game today but that dont take away his talent what some are trying to ignore
fair enough mate but there's no need to call fellow supporters IDIOTS, just a difference of opinion right or wrong.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7456 on: April 16, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »
fair enough mate but there's no need to call fellow supporters IDIOTS, just a difference of opinion right or wrong.

Supporters dont constantly slate certain players regardless if they play good or bad

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7457 on: April 16, 2016, 09:52:30 PM »
Cut the childish stuff or start seeing posts removed, this is Westbrom.com not Facebook.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7458 on: April 16, 2016, 09:59:54 PM »
Saido said in the summer that he would never play for the chairman again
He may well be back on the pitch but he has certainly kept his promise
Either he is not trying or he truly is not as good as he thinks he is
We should have taken the 23 million from Newcastle because we will be lucky to get 5 million now

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7459 on: April 16, 2016, 10:06:47 PM »
We should have taken the 23 million from Newcastle because we will be lucky to get 5 million now
but we know he's much better than what we are seeing now because we've seen it last season, based on the last 6/7 matches I think he's lucky to get a place in the team. he plays like a player who knows he's off at the end of the season.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7460 on: April 16, 2016, 10:11:18 PM »
No he didn't , he said "I'm not playing your game"
He will still fetch top dollar, name someone his age with his prem goals for less than 25 mill?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7461 on: April 16, 2016, 10:24:35 PM »
No he didn't , he said "I'm not playing your game"
He will still fetch top dollar, name someone his age with his prem goals for less than 25 mill?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saido_Berahino
Read 15/16 season regarding his comments towards the chairman

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7462 on: April 16, 2016, 10:28:43 PM »
Berahino progression (and value) has gone backwards under Pulis. Undoubtedly that is partly down to his own behaviour and initially I thought Pulis was bringing more to his game with his requirement to track back but, like attacking in general, it doesn't work under Pulis. I still think another Premier League club will take a punt on him and in a different environment he may thrive again.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7463 on: April 16, 2016, 10:45:15 PM »
He's in a slump at the moment all strikers go through one and he's not as bad as he was today (considering he's never missed a penalty for us until today).

Saying that iv always said the only thing he has to his game is scoring goals, sounds silly but he offers absolutely bugger all to the team in terms of anything else (even when he was considered a 25 million pound player), his hold up play is terrible, couldn't pass wind and often goes through games doing absolutely naff all before popping up with a goal whilst been wildly inconsistent. I don't think playing under Pulis is doing him much good but you'd certainly have to say he's well behind the likes of Kane, Rashford, Sturridge, Defoe, Vardy in terms of been a premiership player. I think turning down £21 million for him will turn out to be an awfull mistake as he will turn out to be a pretty mediocre premiership player.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7464 on: April 16, 2016, 10:46:05 PM »
Berahino progression (and value) has gone backwards under Pulis. Undoubtedly that is partly down to his own behaviour and initially I thought Pulis was bringing more to his game with his requirement to track back but, like attacking in general, it doesn't work under Pulis. I still think another Premier League club will take a punt on him and in a different environment he may thrive again.

His best run of goalscoring was under Pulis 2nd half of last season...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7465 on: April 16, 2016, 10:46:49 PM »
Like so many of our players, Pulis doesnt play Berahino in his position. He is a striker, not a midfielder

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7466 on: April 16, 2016, 11:56:15 PM »
Not defending him but their goalkeeper was off the line for both. Why are the officials so inconsistent on something easy to administer by having a linesman on the line?

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7467 on: April 17, 2016, 08:36:45 AM »
His best run of goalscoring was under Pulis 2nd half of last season...
To be fair I was giving Pulis some credit but now you question it, he scored 7 Premier League goals in the first 19 games under Irvine, 1 in the West Ham game which is debatable whether Pulis is responsible for and then 6 Premier League goals in the remaining 18 games. I'd say that is pretty similar but I suppose you want to count his goals against Gateshead  ::)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #7468 on: April 17, 2016, 09:13:00 AM »
Pulis and Fletcher yesterday should of taken the responsibility off  Saido for the second penalty but both seemed to buckle however I maintain my stance other than Gardner (who was the nearest to the ball when the referee gave the penalty) stood up and offered to take it.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7469 on: April 17, 2016, 09:13:25 AM »
To be fair I was giving Pulis some credit but now you question it, he scored 7 Premier League goals in the first 19 games under Irvine, 1 in the West Ham game which is debatable whether Pulis is responsible for and then 6 Premier League goals in the remaining 18 games. I'd say that is pretty similar but I suppose you want to count his goals against Gateshead  ::)

Don't they count?  I must've missed us progressing to the next round.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7470 on: April 17, 2016, 09:19:05 AM »
Pulis and Fletcher yesterday should of taken the responsibility off  Saido for the second penalty but both seemed to buckle however I maintain my stance other than Gardner (who was the nearest to the ball when the referee gave the penalty) stood up and offered to take it.

Hindsight is wonderful isn't it? Had Saido scored the second penalty we would all be saying fair play for having the bottle to step up again and rescue a point.

What if Fletcher had stepped in, given the ball to Gardner and he'd missed? Who are we blaming then?

Penalties are a lottery, the first one was poorly struck and the second was a fantastic save in my opinion - but if Gomes dives the wrong way they both go in. Luck of the draw.

I was much more frustrated with the general performance from one of the most boring, one dimensional, technically inept teams I've ever seen at this level than I was at the penalties.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7471 on: April 17, 2016, 09:26:50 AM »
Berahino has had one good season and one bad season, I don't know what we've got on our hands to be honest, maybe a one season wonder.
Whatever his future hold I hope its not here, whatever anyone says he did say that he would not play for JP again.
So far he's kept his word.
As far as a replacement we could have Kane and Vardy as our two up front but with the quality of our crosses and creativity I doubt if they could fashion up any more goals than we have this season
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7472 on: April 17, 2016, 09:40:10 AM »
Have to blame coach for not getting the best out of saido, even his antics at start of season should have been dealt better. Club should of fined him and drew a line under it and coach has to keep him fit for season a head or get rid of strength and conditioning coaches who with the weight he's carrying around haven't done their jobs. This is after all our main asset.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7473 on: April 17, 2016, 09:47:29 AM »
Have to blame coach for not getting the best out of saido, even his antics at start of season should have been dealt better. Club should of fined him and drew a line under it and coach has to keep him fit for season a head or get rid of strength and conditioning coaches who with the weight he's carrying around haven't done their jobs. This is after all our main asset.

Some of it is down to personal accountability. We aren't in possession of all the facts but Im 42 with a full time job , a wife , daughter , and dog to look after but still manage to look after myself so why can't a guy who is paid for the privilege take the time to sort himself out .

I said on the way home last night there might have been a few private chuckles amongst themselves in the changing room after the game .

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7474 on: April 17, 2016, 12:58:30 PM »
Hindsight is wonderful isn't it? Had Saido scored the second penalty we would all be saying fair play for having the bottle to step up again and rescue a point.

What if Fletcher had stepped in, given the ball to Gardner and he'd missed? Who are we blaming then?

Penalties are a lottery, the first one was poorly struck and the second was a fantastic save in my opinion - but if Gomes dives the wrong way they both go in. Luck of the draw.

I was much more frustrated with the general performance from one of the most boring, one dimensional, technically inept teams I've ever seen at this level than I was at the penalties.

I'm not going to criticise him for taking it, showed some balls to have a go, wouldn't have a problem with him taking the next one we get either, even the Superstar Messi  misses a few.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill