Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556536 times)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7100 on: February 02, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »
No club came near JPs valuation this drivel from journo's is typical, blokes an idiot

How realistic is JP's valuation? Has he inflated this to price him out of a move? It's obviously that JP wanted to keep him and rightly so as he's our best striker.

Let's hope we see a lot more of him between now and the end of the season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7101 on: February 02, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »
How realistic is JP's valuation? Has he inflated this to price him out of a move? It's obviously that JP wanted to keep him and rightly so as he's our best striker.

bangs in the goals from here till summer he's worth over 100 million to club

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7102 on: February 02, 2016, 10:34:13 AM »

But did he want to keep him just so Tony Putin couldn't get his hands on the money?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 10:39:09 AM by BB74 »

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7103 on: February 02, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »
But did he want to keep him just so Tony Putin can't get his hands on the money?
This is the kind of nonsense I'm talking about.  Peace can just veto any transfer he likes.  It's not like the money goes into a suitcase and straight into the boot of Pulis' car.  Another example of people throwing around rumours like they're facts.  This kind of stuff is going to harm the club more than the standard of football Pulis is playing.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7104 on: February 02, 2016, 10:45:06 AM »
I think that article is 100% spot on, couldn't agree more. Especially the bit about the manager looking foolish for not picking him when the team is struggling for goals.

I'm convinced all is not well at the club, I believe the Berahino saga will have caused big damage to the relationship between Pulis and Peace.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7105 on: February 02, 2016, 10:55:35 AM »
Time for everyone to pull together now for the good of the club...as long as he scores goals and keeps us safe this season I couldn't care less what he thinks of anyone at WBA...move at the end of the season..job done...and maybe he will leave with a Cup Winners medal..!!!!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7106 on: February 02, 2016, 10:59:49 AM »
I think theres problems at the club, not all exactly new ones either.

Saido has to now get his head down and justify his position in the side when he gets chance, at times he's done himself no favours, when he has come onto the pitch he's looked totally uninterested, if he goes into training with that attitude its understandable why he doesn't play. Pulis played him enough last year so shows that something has changed. Don't excuse Pulis from any blame but it takes two to tango.

From this point until the end of the season whatever has gone on there needs to be a line drawn, put it all behind them and start from scratch but the player has to do his part just as much as anyone else. Eyes will be on him between now and the end of the season and clubs will be watching to see if they want to make another go in the Summer.

I can perfectly understand Peace refusing to sell to the clubs who made bids over the last couple of days, no bigger, no better than us.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7107 on: February 02, 2016, 10:59:54 AM »
I'm struggling with this one, someone help me.

This is now the second transfer window whereby Berahino will feel hard done by.

Berahino hasn't really featured since this season due to the major hissy fit at the end of August.

Why, after another window where he hasn't got his 'dream move', will he now decide to pull his socks up and score us some goals?

We know he's not the brightest and his behaviour will always let him down and it will only be a matter of time before he spits that dummy out again.

I would like him to come in score the goals, win us the cup or whatever but his personality tells me he will do the opposite.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7108 on: February 02, 2016, 11:09:48 AM »
Please just start him Tony, he is our best striker.

Stop cutting your nose off to spite your face.

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7109 on: February 02, 2016, 11:28:52 AM »
I'm struggling with this one, someone help me.

This is now the second transfer window whereby Berahino will feel hard done by.

Berahino hasn't really featured since this season due to the major hissy fit at the end of August.

Why, after another window where he hasn't got his 'dream move', will he now decide to pull his socks up and score us some goals?

We know he's not the brightest and his behaviour will always let him down and it will only be a matter of time before he spits that dummy out again.

I would like him to come in score the goals, win us the cup or whatever but his personality tells me he will do the opposite.
I may be wrong but he'd have played every game if selected, his lack of fitness is down to not being played. That's partly down to himself with his indiscipline regarding time keeping and the like. If picked I'm sure he'll score enough goals to get Spurs interested again. Everyone wins then.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7110 on: February 02, 2016, 11:35:53 AM »
I may be wrong but he'd have played every game if selected, his lack of fitness is down to not being played. That's partly down to himself with his indiscipline regarding time keeping and the like. If picked I'm sure he'll score enough goals to get Spurs interested again. Everyone wins then.

Apart from Spurs who have a scrote bag on their hands but that wouldn't be our problem  :P

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7111 on: February 02, 2016, 11:36:36 AM »
He is a goalscorer, we need one of them at the moment. The Euros are coming up and that could be motivation for him.
the regime don't like it man

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7112 on: February 02, 2016, 11:38:20 AM »
Many are assuming that he would be happy with a move to Newcastle/Stoke and I suspect that is not the case especially if he thinks he is good enough to play at the international level, and spurs or Liverpool are probably his best route to do that. There is no denying that a move to spurs would of been a good career move.

If he had scored ten goals and carried on his form from last season then any of the top 6 could have come in for him instead of only relegation rivals making a bid, and their is no way they they would have paid enough to let him go.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7113 on: February 02, 2016, 11:49:57 AM »
If he trained and did the job he was paid to do he wouldn't be a fat git now, i still cant stand him and can't wait till he does one!! I haven't celebrated non of his goals this season and still won't be celebrating any he scores now!!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7114 on: February 02, 2016, 11:51:54 AM »
He is a goalscorer, we need one of them at the moment. The Euros are coming up and that could be motivation for him.

But would Hodgson want to upset the apple cart at such an important time? Who needs Billy Big Balls strutting around like he owns the place while we are trying to work out how to beat the Welsh.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7115 on: February 02, 2016, 12:58:25 PM »

The Euros should have been the only motivation he needed for the entire season, if he was bothered about them he would have sorted himself out instead of wasting nearly half a season. It will take a monumental effort to force himself into the England side now.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7116 on: February 02, 2016, 01:10:31 PM »
The sheer ignorance of several of the country's "leading" soccer journalists and pundits is astonishing.  They have absolutely no idea of why Berahino has not been starting games, and they have no idea why we simply haven't sold him to Spurs.

Did Spurs ever even come close to submitting a reasonable offer ?  I don't recall seeing one in this window.  We can hardly sell him to Spurs if Spurs didn't make an offer!

Did he want to go to Stoke?  It would suggest not.

Did he want to go to Newcastle?  Maybe, but only as a last resort of Spurs did not make a late bid for him, which they didn't.  Ok, so we weren't keen to sell to Newcastle but in any event by that stage it was all far too late anyway for us to get a replacement.

All this nonsense in the media about how we are harming his career and should just let him go is ridiculous. He's under contract, is our player, and has a value to the club.  It is not the player's call. He willingly signed a 4 year contract 2.5 years ago.

Does anyone seriously think that we would not be selecting a top quality goalscorer just on pure footballing grounds?  Do they seriously think that we are doing it just to spite him?  Do they think we should just overlook his lateness and poor attitude just because he wants to be playing elsewhere?  They are completely deluded.

Maybe this just hate Tony Pulis and see this as a way to drive him out.  Maybe they just hate little old West Brom who have no right to have a star player like Berahino (in their eyes).

They are welcome to make their views known, but it would have far more credibility if they even bothered to check the facts first.  Lazy journalism.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7117 on: February 02, 2016, 02:37:15 PM »
The sheer ignorance of several of the country's "leading" soccer journalists and pundits is astonishing.  They have absolutely no idea of why Berahino has not been starting games, and they have no idea why we simply haven't sold him to Spurs.

Did Spurs ever even come close to submitting a reasonable offer ?  I don't recall seeing one in this window.  We can hardly sell him to Spurs if Spurs didn't make an offer!

Did he want to go to Stoke?  It would suggest not.

Did he want to go to Newcastle?  Maybe, but only as a last resort of Spurs did not make a late bid for him, which they didn't.  Ok, so we weren't keen to sell to Newcastle but in any event by that stage it was all far too late anyway for us to get a replacement.

All this nonsense in the media about how we are harming his career and should just let him go is ridiculous. He's under contract, is our player, and has a value to the club.  It is not the player's call. He willingly signed a 4 year contract 2.5 years ago.

Does anyone seriously think that we would not be selecting a top quality goalscorer just on pure footballing grounds?  Do they seriously think that we are doing it just to spite him?  Do they think we should just overlook his lateness and poor attitude just because he wants to be playing elsewhere?  They are completely deluded.

Maybe this just hate Tony Pulis and see this as a way to drive him out.  Maybe they just hate little old West Brom who have no right to have a star player like Berahino (in their eyes).

They are welcome to make their views known, but it would have far more credibility if they even bothered to check the facts first.  Lazy journalism.
are you serious to lay in to the national media who are in no way biased towards the SO CALLED BIG CLUBS. ;)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7118 on: February 02, 2016, 03:06:37 PM »
adrian durham on air at 4 today oouch :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:08:48 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #7119 on: February 02, 2016, 03:07:44 PM »
adrain durham on air at 4 today oouch :)

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than listen to another anti-West Brom rant from him and his cronies designed to get people talking and calling in.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7120 on: February 02, 2016, 04:49:00 PM »
If he trained and did the job he was paid to do he wouldn't be a fat git now, i still cant stand him and can't wait till he does one!! I haven't celebrated non of his goals this season and still won't be celebrating any he scores now!!

Even so he's still our best striker. Doesn't say much for the others does it?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7121 on: February 02, 2016, 05:01:39 PM »
if you want your blood to boil Durham is about to discuss us
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7122 on: February 02, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »
There's a lot to dislike about Saido's attitude (or what we believe we know about his attitude).  However,  his current wages do somewhat fly against the basic principle of paying a person based on what they bring to the business they work for.  At the end of last season he probably had a good case to argue "Why are you paying Vic more than me when I scored 10x more goals? Why are you paying Fletcher, Brunt et al SO much can more when I am probably as least as good and as least as important?"

Who knows what deals were or weren't offered but had he been offered £50k per week and a release clause of a big club comes in with a massive cheque,  we might have seen a different Saido.  None of us likes to feel that we are carrying work mates who are earning more than us,  regardless of the actual sums earned.

A

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7123 on: February 02, 2016, 06:29:07 PM »
There's a lot to dislike about Saido's attitude (or what we believe we know about his attitude).  However,  his current wages do somewhat fly against the basic principle of paying a person based on what they bring to the business they work for.  At the end of last season he probably had a good case to argue "Why are you paying Vic more than me when I scored 10x more goals? Why are you paying Fletcher, Brunt et al SO much can more when I am probably as least as good and as least as important?"

Who knows what deals were or weren't offered but had he been offered £50k per week and a release clause of a big club comes in with a massive cheque,  we might have seen a different Saido.  None of us likes to feel that we are carrying work mates who are earning more than us,  regardless of the actual sums earned.

A

We were in talks with him. Then he lied about drink driving then the summer happened. He's made his own bed.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7124 on: February 03, 2016, 03:36:28 AM »
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/10153945/saido-berahino-has-long-term-future-at-west-brom-says-tony-pulis?

a quote from TP

"They can do nothing about it. He has got 18 months to two years left on his contract, we've got an option on that as well."

that is the first I have heard of an option on extending past the 18 months left....  may explain a couple of things
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.