Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556659 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #6725 on: January 31, 2016, 08:47:59 PM »
We are in no danger whatsoever according to some on here.

I for one do not think we are anywhere close to safe yet.  This time next week we could easily be looking very worried

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6726 on: January 31, 2016, 08:58:05 PM »
I for one do not think we are anywhere close to safe yet.  This time next week we could easily be looking very worried

I agree totally. However there seems to be a lot of complacency at the moment from a lot of people.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6727 on: January 31, 2016, 09:01:03 PM »
Looks like Newcastle have come back with a bid of £24m - in cash - surely it's time to sell. We can then bring in some fresh players who will hopefully freshen up the squad. Imagine the mood he'll have if we don't let him move this time around - he'll be next to useless between now and May anyway.

I have zero confidence in any players that TP may bring in with the money, even if we have time to get anyone in.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6728 on: January 31, 2016, 09:05:34 PM »
I agree totally. However there seems to be a lot of complacency at the moment from a lot of people.

Complacency is our biggest risk right at this moment.   

We have to approach the next two games as if they were cup ties.  On second thoughts, that's not such a good idea.   4 points minimum needed v Swansea and Newcastle.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6729 on: January 31, 2016, 09:08:56 PM »
Complacency is our biggest risk right at this moment.   

We have to approach the next two games as if they were cup ties.  On second thoughts, that's not such a good idea.   4 points minimum needed v Swansea and Newcastle.

2 points would be fine. Key not to lose to the teams below us.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6730 on: January 31, 2016, 09:14:56 PM »

Would prefer 4.  I don't mind losing at Newcastle if we beat Swansea at home, so 3 would be acceptable.   We need to bury Swansea as they look the most vulnerable

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6731 on: January 31, 2016, 09:15:50 PM »
Anichebe just turned down a loan move to Derby surely  this would indicate we have a striker lined up to come in?

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6732 on: January 31, 2016, 09:17:23 PM »
Newcastle fans confused & upset that JP has turned down £21m cash for SB. Wait until he turns down £25m  :P

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6733 on: January 31, 2016, 09:24:31 PM »

The key is indeed to accumulate more points than those below us, a task made more achieveable and enjoyable if we were to beat them  :).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6734 on: January 31, 2016, 09:32:39 PM »
Paul warhurst?
Maybe his fans thought he was an average CB, but he went on to be a good CF..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6735 on: January 31, 2016, 09:33:54 PM »
I agree that JP considers the club more valuable in the summer if SB is still on the books. He cant have been impressed with TP spending in the summer and so not keen on giving him another £20 m to spend!  Come the summer if we survive a new owner and possibly new owners would have a hugh sum of money for transfers after the new sky money plus sale of SB, enough to attract a top manager I would hope.

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6736 on: January 31, 2016, 09:40:56 PM »
I thought the spending in the summer was down to terry burton and his mates, which is I think is why they are not with us any more.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:46:59 PM by baggyman68 »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6737 on: January 31, 2016, 09:42:29 PM »
Paul warhurst?
Maybe his fans thought he was an average CB, but he went on to be a good CF..

Hardly? He got 18 goals one year when Bright and Hirst were injured but only 6 of them were in the Premier League. He then reverted back to centre back before eventually finishing his career as a holding midfielder.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6738 on: January 31, 2016, 09:43:59 PM »
Sorry no.  Rondon played at a much higher level than the Championship and was a proven goal scorer at that level.  £12m for him was a sensible risk.  £11m for Rhodes who can be scouted every week and just isn't good enough would be plain reckless.

At around £5m he would be worth a punt, but no more

Rhodes would cost £9m. If it doesn't work he'll hold his value and we'll be able to get that back from a Championship side in the summer. Let's not forget he's an out and out striker unlike Phillips. Can understand people being underwhelmed but it's a punt I wouldn't think twice about.

The Saido Berainho saga is overshadowing the club and I think it's in our own interests to sell a troubled player.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6739 on: January 31, 2016, 09:49:01 PM »
There are a few options

Sell to a rival, don't give pullis the cash, hope we survive
Sell to a rival, let pullis spend but he might not play them anyway

Give berahino an elevated goal bonus, backside or not, if he gets 125k every time he hits the net, you would think that we would be safe by the time he's rich?

Sell him, get Pete back, sign Matt Phillips and Monterey from Swansea

Do nothing..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6740 on: January 31, 2016, 09:52:07 PM »
I agree that JP considers the club more valuable in the summer if SB is still on the books. He cant have been impressed with TP spending in the summer and so not keen on giving him another £20 m to spend!  Come the summer if we survive a new owner and possibly new owners would have a hugh sum of money for transfers after the new sky money plus sale of SB, enough to attract a top manager I would hope.

Everyone else will also have new Sky money though!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6741 on: January 31, 2016, 09:55:29 PM »
Odemwingie has played around half as many games in the 3 years he's been gone than during the 3 years he was here and has been in and out of sides with injuries, he's now 34 years old. Leave the past in the past and move on.

If Saido goes (he who the topic is about !!) then it needs to be done with time for us to get a replacement in. For all the "lets not trust Pulis with money" there's also the fact we need players in regardless.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6742 on: January 31, 2016, 09:55:47 PM »
Rhodes would cost £9m. If it doesn't work he'll hold his value and we'll be able to get that back from a Championship side in the summer. Let's not forget he's an out and out striker unlike Phillips. Can understand people being underwhelmed but it's a punt I wouldn't think twice about.

The Saido Berainho saga is overshadowing the club and I think it's in our own interests to sell a troubled player.

How would we get rid of him on a PL salary package to a Championship club?  He apparently wanted £80k a week to go to Middlesborough!  If we bought him and he turns out to be not good enough (which he certainly isn't), then we'd be stuck with him while he rides out that contract.

Categorically nowhere near good enough.

Ask yourself why no PL club has bid for him over the past 4-5 seasons when he's been knocking in 20-25 goals a season in the Championship.  His game is just not good enough.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6743 on: January 31, 2016, 09:57:57 PM »
Odemwingie has played around half as many games in the 3 years he's been gone than during the 3 years he was here and has been in and out of sides with injuries, he's now 34 years old. Leave the past in the past and move on.

If Saido goes (he who the topic is about !!) then it needs to be done with time for us to get a replacement in. For all the "lets not trust Pulis with money" there's also the fact we need players in regardless.
Pete or vic
Pete or Lambert
Pete or rondon

I'm with Pete every time , by all accounts was quite lively for the stories yesterday

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6744 on: January 31, 2016, 10:00:05 PM »
Pete or vic
Pete or Lambert
Pete or rondon

I'm with Pete every time , by all accounts was quite lively for the stories yesterday

Pete's shot - ask any Stoke fan and the injuries have clearly taken their toll.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6745 on: January 31, 2016, 10:00:19 PM »
Pete or vic
Pete or Lambert
Pete or rondon

He's not as good as Rondon, not any more, but he'd be better than Sessegnon or McClean out wide and better than Lambert and Anichebe as a back up striker.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6746 on: January 31, 2016, 10:00:51 PM »
Pete or vic
Pete or Lambert
Pete or rondon

Vic just  ;)
No comment  :o
Rondon  8)

At a time when the fanbase is split and the gap getting wider i'd rather steer clear, thats one reason, the other is I think his best days are behind him and we need to move on.

And now you've started filling the BERAHINO - TRANSFER thread with Pete  so maybe time to move a few posts :o

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6747 on: January 31, 2016, 10:01:23 PM »
Pete's shot - ask any Stoke fan and the injuries have clearly taken their toll.
But that wasn't the question?

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6748 on: January 31, 2016, 10:02:08 PM »
How would we get rid of him on a PL salary package to a Championship club?  He apparently wanted £80k a week to go to Middlesborough!  If we bought him and he turns out to be not good enough (which he certainly isn't), then we'd be stuck with him while he rides out that contract.

Categorically nowhere near good enough.

Ask yourself why no PL club has bid for him over the past 4-5 seasons when he's been knocking in 20-25 goals a season in the Championship.  His game is just not good enough.

If that is true he's not worth a risk with those wage demands. Where's that figure been bandied about?

With respect to your last statement, a certain Rickie Lambert smashes that arguement out of the park.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6749 on: January 31, 2016, 10:02:22 PM »
Vic just  ;)
No comment  :o
Rondon  8)

At a time when the fanbase is split and the gap getting wider i'd rather steer clear, thats one reason, the other is I think his best days are behind him and we need to move on.

Agree with this.

Water uunder the bridge. The memories are great please keep them that way
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred