Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556477 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #6250 on: January 21, 2016, 02:42:58 PM »
I argue if we let him rot it costs us close to £20m in transfer fee

No it doesn't, as we get substantial compensation as he's an Academy product.

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #6251 on: January 21, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »
No it doesn't, as we get substantial compensation as he's an Academy product.

Is there a figure we can pluck from the air?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6252 on: January 21, 2016, 02:47:23 PM »
Ok so he wants to go! . Everybody and his dog knows that.
So what does he do sulk like a kid that cant have his sweets and stomps off......Well i say tough Sh**.
If i were TP i would say to him " well your really doing your best to balls up your career".
To think just over 12 months ago he was on the Brink of the full England squad, Wheres he gone from there ....Down hill very very quickly.
Remember this  pillock cost the club nothing so i say let him rot in the reserves till is contract expires.
We are never going to lose  money on some thing that didnt cost anything are we.
Let him get on with his career people say, what career? he dont want to play his putting on the pounds. teams  above us are losing intrest in him ,And do we really want to sell to 1 of our main rivals for premiership status?
If i were JP i would say Ok Saido you want to get a big move go out and do your stuff..........................in the reserves score a hat full of goals  get in the 1st team do the same  your value goes up  you get your big move  and we get rid of you!

SORTED! :o :o :o :o :o

Do you really think TP hasn't already told him that? Of course he has and SB has flagrantly ignored it, in fact SB has (reportedly) rubbed TP's face in it by turning up late etc,
The kids a moron and TP has failed to get through to him, so be it, we need him out ASAP and get as much as we can, he must be cancerous in the dressing room.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6253 on: January 21, 2016, 02:49:42 PM »
Is there a figure we can pluck from the air?

No there isn't, as it is decided at tribunal, but JP believes it's £10m to £15m and he's generally right on such matters.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6254 on: January 21, 2016, 02:53:10 PM »
Hes only ruining his own career.

Spurs have basically come out and said they arent really interested anymore, his attitude and the way he has conducted himself in the summer will have put a lot of teams off buying him.

The best he can now hope for is a 'sidewards' move to a team like Newcastle etc all just to earn a few more pennies.

wbatillidie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6255 on: January 21, 2016, 03:26:26 PM »
No there isn't, as it is decided at tribunal, but JP believes it's £10m to £15m and he's generally right on such matters.

He hasn't started a match since October. If we carry on doing that there's no way we would get £15 million at tribunal.
"You'll never get past Claudio"

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6256 on: January 21, 2016, 03:31:54 PM »
He hasn't started a match since October. If we carry on doing that there's no way we would get £15 million at tribunal.
Hes only ruining his own career.

Spurs have basically come out and said they arent really interested anymore, his attitude and the way he has conducted himself in the summer will have put a lot of teams off buying him.

The best he can now hope for is a 'sidewards' move to a team like Newcastle etc all just to earn a few more pennies.

I suspect Leicester now more likely than Newcastle

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6257 on: January 21, 2016, 03:34:39 PM »

Depends on whether a Tribunal accepts that he damaged his own value.

It's clearly not likely to ever get that far, although I can see him still being here in 2 weeks time.  Leicester now looks most likely destination if they come up with around £20m in this window

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6258 on: January 21, 2016, 03:41:35 PM »
Depends on whether a Tribunal accepts that he damaged his own value.

It's clearly not likely to ever get that far, although I can see him still being here in 2 weeks time.  Leicester now looks most likely destination if they come up with around £20m in this window

Surely the tribunal is there to establish the real "value" of the player when 2 parties cannot agree. If that premise is correct the player having "damaged his own value" is immaterial to the judgement? The panel can only "judge" on actual value not prior value surely (not shirley)
Albion Family !!!

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6259 on: January 21, 2016, 03:50:18 PM »
Come on Saido you prize pillock, score the winner against villa and double your value! :D

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6260 on: January 21, 2016, 03:54:34 PM »
Leicester would be a terrible move for him.

Cannot see them reproducing this seasons form next season.

They are having a great season but all that will happen is people will cherry pick their best players next season and they are not big enough to attract top top players to replace them

But as ive said in the other Berahino thread I couldnt careless where he goes, if someone stumps up the money they can have him
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6261 on: January 21, 2016, 03:56:30 PM »

They are having a great season but all that will happen is people will cherry pick their best players next season and they are not big enough to attract top top players to replace them

But as ive said in the other Berahino thread I couldnt careless where he goes, if someone stumps up the money they can have him
Surely the tribunal is there to establish the real "value" of the player when 2 parties cannot agree. If that premise is correct the player having "damaged his own value" is immaterial to the judgement? The panel can only "judge" on actual value not prior value surely (not shirley)

True value?  Home grown player who was on verge of England squad, scored 20 goals in a PL season, no injury issues.  I think Ings was £6m but was older, had achieved less (mostly outside PL) and JP believes these Academy tribunal fees have since risen.  Only time will tell.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6262 on: January 21, 2016, 03:57:46 PM »

All the more reason to hope he goes there, the little scrote!!!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6263 on: January 21, 2016, 04:04:20 PM »

If they get Champions League they will retain and attract players

Lillwalls left foot

• Newcomer

« Reply #6264 on: January 21, 2016, 04:15:30 PM »
Saido is the closest thing to a guarantee of goals out there on the market at the moment.  The fact he is not playing is irrelevant, anybody who knows football can see what a talent he potentially is.  After Saido the next level of strikers are top internationals who will cost best part of £30million plus -remember Lukaku went for £36m???  If we went out and took a punt on an inform 20 goal a season Championship stiker (not that there are many) they would want best part of £12 million at least! Saido is a different beast - so i reckon £20 million is minimum!  don't forget Austin went for £4 million with 6 months of his contract left, a dodgy knee and £110k a week contract!!

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6265 on: January 21, 2016, 04:19:45 PM »
He lost the Odemwingie one and will lose this one too IMO. If Berahino doesn't go he'll be worthless come the summer. He may get one over Saido but ultimately the club will lose out.
.......and I would argue, he didn't lose the Odemwingie one either. Given what Odemwingie has done since he was transferred (or not done), I think we got rid at the right time, which wasn't when he was sitting in his car outside QPR. And even though the QPR fiasco was embarrassing for Odemwingie, he was nowhere near the prat that Saido is, and much more likeable, and kept himself fit........

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6266 on: January 21, 2016, 04:22:30 PM »
Rubbish.  Berahino will not be "worthless" in the summer.  Even a year later when his contract expires we will get £12m to £15m under the Academy compensation scheme.

£12-15m is still down on what we could have had back in the summer though so we will have lost out. It doesn't matter though as long as JP thinks he's got one over on someone then all is OK.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6267 on: January 21, 2016, 04:24:06 PM »
.......and I would argue, he didn't lose the Odemwingie one either. Given what Odemwingie has done since he was transferred (or not done), I think we got rid at the right time, which wasn't when he was sitting in his car outside QPR. And even though the QPR fiasco was embarrassing for Odemwingie, he was nowhere near the prat that Saido is, and much more likeable, and kept himself fit........

A deal was agreed in January at £4m but JP moved the goalposts and it fell through. Odemwingie was then sold in the summer for £1.5m. Again we lost out.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6268 on: January 21, 2016, 04:25:27 PM »
True value?  Home grown player who was on verge of England squad, scored 20 goals in a PL season, no injury issues.  I think Ings was £6m but was older, had achieved less (mostly outside PL) and JP believes these Academy tribunal fees have since risen.  Only time will tell.

The key thing is that Ings was a regular starter for Burnley in the Premier League the season prior to his move to Liverpool but the things you are saying about Berahino are entirely true but two years out of date by the time we get to a tribunal. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6269 on: January 21, 2016, 04:27:51 PM »
A deal was agreed in January at £4m but JP moved the goalposts and it fell through. Odemwingie was then sold in the summer for £1.5m. Again we lost out.
You don't know that for sure. Anyway, to date, we have not received a single bid for Saido, so it's all academic. The Telegraph are now reporting that Newcastle have now pulled out, which seems to leave, errrr, no suitors as far as I can see

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6270 on: January 21, 2016, 04:30:13 PM »

Wrong.  The finer detail is important.  The bit you've left out and which Odemwingie overlooked was that it was dependent on us signing a replacement.  If I recall correctly, it was Junior Hoillet who declined a move to us (I think on loan), but Odemwingie tried to force the deal through regardless.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6271 on: January 21, 2016, 04:32:51 PM »
Saido is the closest thing to a guarantee of goals out there on the market at the moment.  The fact he is not playing is irrelevant, anybody who knows football can see what a talent he potentially is.  After Saido the next level of strikers are top internationals who will cost best part of £30million plus -remember Lukaku went for £36m???  If we went out and took a punt on an inform 20 goal a season Championship stiker (not that there are many) they would want best part of £12 million at least! Saido is a different beast - so i reckon £20 million is minimum!  don't forget Austin went for £4 million with 6 months of his contract left, a dodgy knee and £110k a week contract!!

I'm reliably informed by an insider at St Mary's that Austin is getting nowhere near £110k a week.  Try 50% of that and you'd be a lot closer.  Might have got a  very chunky signing-on fee though because of the low transfer fee.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6272 on: January 21, 2016, 04:32:59 PM »
The key thing is that Ings was a regular starter for Burnley in the Premier League the season prior to his move to Liverpool but the things you are saying about Berahino are entirely true but two years out of date by the time we get to a tribunal.

And that is the key IMO
Albion Family !!!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6273 on: January 21, 2016, 04:33:34 PM »
You don't know that for sure. Anyway, to date, we have not received a single bid for Saido, so it's all academic. The Telegraph are now reporting that Newcastle have now pulled out, which seems to leave, errrr, no suitors as far as I can see

From the horses mouth.

I agree with regards Berahino. I can't see anyone taking a punt now. It will be down to the man management skills of Pulis and Berahino himself to knuckle down and get back in the side. He's our best striker by a mile IMO.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6274 on: January 21, 2016, 04:34:55 PM »

Ings had only had one season in the PL and didn't exactly set the world on fire with 20 goals as far as I recall.

It will never get as far as a tribunal, but I'm with JP on this one, and at the end of its (indirectly) his money to risk, not yours and not mine.