Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556481 times)

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #6225 on: January 20, 2016, 10:09:40 PM »
I support the baggies, but if I was there on 15k a week and tranmere came in at 50k I'd be off, can't get why people don't understand it?
It's not crowd size, it doesn't matter if it's sideways, it is purely £ and most of us would do it.
Also to this saying "make him stay,run his contract down"wait till its your investment..

I can't begrudge the lad wanting move, Better team, London and more money no one can begrudge him that, however he also needs to understand the clubs position and that Tottenham were playing silly buggers and offering a stupid price.

The guys genuinely thick though as had he got on with it knuckled down there's no reason to say he could have scored say between 5-10 goals for us by now and if that happens he's looking at moving to one of the top 4 clubs this window, instead he threw his toys out of the pram, can't get into our team and no-one will touch him with a barge pole all of which is his own doing.

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6226 on: January 20, 2016, 10:37:06 PM »
And that my friends is the truth of it. Simple as that.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6227 on: January 21, 2016, 01:18:06 AM »
Peace is playing hard ball, looking for 30 million for Mr blobby

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6228 on: January 21, 2016, 02:34:35 AM »
Peace is playing hard ball, looking for 30 million for Mr blobby

If that's the case he'll be with us at least until the summer, so let's start finding out how good he actually is by playing him regularly again.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6229 on: January 21, 2016, 02:39:15 AM »
I'm sure 30 mil is just papertalk. If its true then JP is off his f ing rocker!
Why keep someone that doesnt want to be here , rarely plays and looks unfit when he does get on the pitch? I'd take 18 mil and  pay for a cab.
We are in need of fresh blood and this is bloody ridiculous holding everything up in a p*ssing match with teams wanting to buy. He has 18 months on his contract. In the summer he'll be worth even less!

what happens if he stays? does that mean no one new or just some sh*tty loan players that will rarely play?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6230 on: January 21, 2016, 02:43:45 AM »
I'm sure 30 mil is just papertalk. If its true then JP is off his f ing rocker!
Why keep someone that doesnt want to be here , rarely plays and looks unfit when he does get on the pitch? I'd take 18 mil and  pay for a cab.
We are in need of fresh blood and this is bloody ridiculous holding everything up in a p*ssing match with teams wanting to buy. He has 18 months on his contract. In the summer he'll be worth even less!

what happens if he stays? does that mean no one new or just some sh*tty loan players that will rarely play?

We don't need to sell and January is a strange time to sign players, Everton have slapped a £65 million price tag on Rom. Saido is worth the £30 mill in this market.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6231 on: January 21, 2016, 04:59:44 AM »
I'm convinced that Peace believes he will get £15m+ at tribunal if his contract runs out and that is why he won't be bullied into selling on the cheap And it's the reason I don't see him leaving in this window. I'm certain talk of £30m is just a figure plucked out of thin air by a journalist to sensationalise the story but I would personally still be demanding over £20m+ for him at this stage.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6232 on: January 21, 2016, 06:29:02 AM »
If that's the case he'll be with us at least until the summer, so let's start finding out how good he actually is by playing him regularly again.

Ever thought his heart might not be in it?
He's obviously a complex piece of kit and looks as if he's prepared to cut his nose off to spite his face.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6233 on: January 21, 2016, 06:49:06 AM »
Ever thought his heart might not be in it?
He's obviously a complex piece of kit and looks as if he's prepared to cut his nose off to spite his face.
Is it not the manager's job to work out the problem and work to getting him on side, not just bomb players he doesn't like into the nether regions. 

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6234 on: January 21, 2016, 07:22:07 AM »
Is it not the manager's job to work out the problem and work to getting him on side, not just bomb players he doesn't like into the nether regions.

You can only help people that want to be helped.
I would have thought it was obvious that Berahino doesn't want to be here.
He said he wouldn't play for Peace again and I think its fair to say he's been true to his word in that respect.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6235 on: January 21, 2016, 08:18:40 AM »
Pulis can't or won't work with Berahino as a central striker nor have the attempts to fit him into the team as a wide player or as a number 10 worked particularly well. There is an issue over his fitness and attitude even aside from the post window outburst which would have been quickly forgotten if Berahino had knuckled down and produced the goods however that was never going to happen.

Tp's solution to "problem" players is bomb them out and in the case of Berahino his sale was central to TP's plans during the summer. The football world knows this and that is why the big bid is not coming in. The longer this runs the worse it is going to get because Berahino is not going to get a run of games to show his worth and prompt a club to make a bid to secure his services. If this carries on for another season and a half we will be lucky to get £4m at tribunal and that is a monumental balls up all round.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6236 on: January 21, 2016, 08:55:06 AM »
I can't begrudge the lad wanting move, Better team, London and more money no one can begrudge him that, however he also needs to understand the clubs position and that Tottenham were playing silly buggers and offering a stupid price.

The guys genuinely thick though as had he got on with it knuckled down there's no reason to say he could have scored say between 5-10 goals for us by now and if that happens he's looking at moving to one of the top 4 clubs this window, instead he threw his toys out of the pram, can't get into our team and no-one will touch him with a barge pole all of which is his own doing.

Bang on...great post!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6237 on: January 21, 2016, 11:04:17 AM »
If the plank had an number of brain cells (I did say if) he would have got himself into peak condition, enamored himself to his fellow team mates, banged in a few goals then bigger teams than spuds would have thrown big big contracts at him.
As it is now the whole footballing world see him as a petulant kid whose simply not worth the risk.
His momentary spat could cost him a lot more than losing his place in our team.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6238 on: January 21, 2016, 11:17:50 AM »
past caring to be honest, I just want him gone so we can sign players who benefit the club. its all a bit petty really from all involved. 

jim68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6239 on: January 21, 2016, 11:20:46 AM »
Selling him to Newcastle would be a very negative move from the club, they're below us in the league!
quite agree madness if he goes there they might be in the bottom 3 but only 2 wins adrift of us surely jp wont allow it  :-X

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6240 on: January 21, 2016, 11:35:04 AM »
past caring to be honest, I just want him gone so we can sign players who benefit the club. its all a bit petty really from all involved.
I fair play to JP he is trying to get the best price for our one and only asset who wants to leave club

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6241 on: January 21, 2016, 11:51:42 AM »
Jeremy is in charge in these situations, as Pulis correctly pointed out. After the summer fiasco, with Saido refusing to play again, he was pretty much declaring war on Jeremy, Jeremy doesn't lose wars. He will demand an unrealistic price for Saido, which no-one will be willing to match. Saido will probably still be here after January. I honestly believe that, in this instance, Jeremy doesn't really care that much about the money, which isn't significant in the bigger scheme of things. I think that it is the principle that he will not be bullied or manipulated that is his prime consideration, and the only ultimate loser will be Saido.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6242 on: January 21, 2016, 12:14:59 PM »
There is not a chance in hell he will goto a top 4 club, if he did it would be purely to warm the bench.

This is the entire reason our national team is suffering because good players get stockpiled by the big clubs and turn their heads with ridiculous wage offers and then stick them on the bench and as a result they never improve and never do anything significant on the international stage.

Even if he went to Spurs who are not a perennial top 4 side he would be backup striker to Kane and wouldnt fit their style anyway as they play 1 upfront.

I dont get the lad, he could earn the same riches here yet play, score goals and improve year on year and get himself in the international side and a move to a top club but instead he just wants to be able to waltz around like he is billy big bo!!&x (as he did when called up to the England side) claiming to play for a big team and think he is some sort of messiah.

You know what I dont even care who he goes too, below us above us...doesnt make a difference to me anymore I just want him out of this club.....if he goes to Newcastle and scores goals for them and has other clubs looking at him he will only do the same to them as he will to Spurs should a bigger club than them come calling.

If he comes back and scores against us so what, happens all the time with former players.

I really dont care
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6243 on: January 21, 2016, 12:15:05 PM »
I see some of the Geordies have him in their team selection already :D
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6244 on: January 21, 2016, 12:42:22 PM »

I agree get rid the whole saga is getting boring and irritating now

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6245 on: January 21, 2016, 01:07:47 PM »
Jeremy is in charge in these situations, as Pulis correctly pointed out. After the summer fiasco, with Saido refusing to play again, he was pretty much declaring war on Jeremy, Jeremy doesn't lose wars. He will demand an unrealistic price for Saido, which no-one will be willing to match. Saido will probably still be here after January. I honestly believe that, in this instance, Jeremy doesn't really care that much about the money, which isn't significant in the bigger scheme of things. I think that it is the principle that he will not be bullied or manipulated that is his prime consideration, and the only ultimate loser will be Saido.

He lost the Odemwingie one and will lose this one too IMO. If Berahino doesn't go he'll be worthless come the summer. He may get one over Saido but ultimately the club will lose out.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6246 on: January 21, 2016, 01:16:13 PM »
Jacobs on Talksport having a go again, Chelsea this week Berahino this. the bloke wants to go he said(berahino).Whats west brom doing not letting him get on in his career, holding him back. you idiot jacobs
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6247 on: January 21, 2016, 01:31:03 PM »
He lost the Odemwingie one and will lose this one too IMO. If Berahino doesn't go he'll be worthless come the summer. He may get one over Saido but ultimately the club will lose out.

Rubbish.  Berahino will not be "worthless" in the summer.  Even a year later when his contract expires we will get £12m to £15m under the Academy compensation scheme.

baggybazza

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #6248 on: January 21, 2016, 01:48:31 PM »
Ok so he wants to go! . Everybody and his dog knows that.
So what does he do sulk like a kid that cant have his sweets and stomps off......Well i say tough Sh**.
If i were TP i would say to him " well your really doing your best to balls up your career".
To think just over 12 months ago he was on the Brink of the full England squad, Wheres he gone from there ....Down hill very very quickly.
Remember this  pillock cost the club nothing so i say let him rot in the reserves till is contract expires.
We are never going to lose  money on some thing that didnt cost anything are we.
Let him get on with his career people say, what career? he dont want to play his putting on the pounds. teams  above us are losing intrest in him ,And do we really want to sell to 1 of our main rivals for premiership status?
If i were JP i would say Ok Saido you want to get a big move go out and do your stuff..........................in the reserves score a hat full of goals  get in the 1st team do the same  your value goes up  you get your big move  and we get rid of you!

SORTED! :o :o :o :o :o

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #6249 on: January 21, 2016, 02:29:53 PM »
Ok so he wants to go! . Everybody and his dog knows that.
So what does he do sulk like a kid that cant have his sweets and stomps off......Well i say tough Sh**.
If i were TP i would say to him " well your really doing your best to balls up your career".
To think just over 12 months ago he was on the Brink of the full England squad, Wheres he gone from there ....Down hill very very quickly.
Remember this  pillock cost the club nothing so i say let him rot in the reserves till is contract expires.
We are never going to lose  money on some thing that didnt cost anything are we.
Let him get on with his career people say, what career? he dont want to play his putting on the pounds. teams  above us are losing intrest in him ,And do we really want to sell to 1 of our main rivals for premiership status?
If i were JP i would say Ok Saido you want to get a big move go out and do your stuff..........................in the reserves score a hat full of goals  get in the 1st team do the same  your value goes up  you get your big move  and we get rid of you!

SORTED! :o :o :o :o :o

I argue if we let him rot it costs us close to £20m in transfer fee