Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556544 times)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5975 on: January 04, 2016, 02:27:27 PM »
linked with Norwich i hear

Can't see Norwich spending £15m, let alone £20m

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5976 on: January 04, 2016, 03:11:57 PM »
As much as I'd love him to sign for the Toon or the Canaries it's unlikely either of those would meet our valuation of Bertie Big Bollox expectations.

We could take Dozza and Mulla as a deposit though,

Seriously though Kyle lafferty is seriously out of favour at Naarwich, big, quick, Northern irish, would be going cheap and a better alternative than Lambert IMO.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5977 on: January 04, 2016, 03:52:16 PM »
As much as I'd love him to sign for the Toon or the Canaries it's unlikely either of those would meet our valuation or Bertie Big Bollox expectations.
He's painted himself into a corner though. His position is almost untenable due to his antics and, because we are doing ok without him, he has no real option but to go. If the only bids that come are from Toon and Norwich, then he will have little option.
6 months lumping his fat backside and petulant face round St. James', then relegated to the Championship. Wonder who's fault that would be??

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5978 on: January 04, 2016, 03:54:51 PM »
it's true his options seem to be diminishing - clubs aren't silly and can see he's seriously put on weight and has acted petulantly. That's a big no no for a Man U or similar sized clubs meaning his best bet is likely to be a second or third tier premier league team i.e. us!

What a fool he is...........

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5979 on: January 04, 2016, 03:58:50 PM »
Has he been driven down to the spuds car park yet?  :P :o

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5980 on: January 04, 2016, 04:17:46 PM »
He's painted himself into a corner though. His position is almost untenable due to his antics and, because we are doing ok without him, he has no real option but to go. If the only bids that come are from Toon and Norwich, then he will have little option.
6 months lumping his fat backside and petulant face round St. James', then relegated to the Championship. Wonder who's fault that would be??

He could stay here, knuckle down and get himself back in the side. We are hardly blessed with many forward options. I agree we are doing OK without him starting but he's still played some part in all this. Imagine where we could be with him in the side scoring goals.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5981 on: January 04, 2016, 04:20:51 PM »
He could stay here, knuckle down and get himself back in the side. We are hardly blessed with many forward options. I agree we are doing OK without him starting but he's still played some part in all this. Imagine where we could be with him in the side scoring goals.

I think he's finished here as a central striker irrespective of an improvement in attitude.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5982 on: January 04, 2016, 04:24:39 PM »
He's never been able to play effectively as a lone striker and this is becoming by far the most used system in the game these days............if he was bothered - as a two up front, he would work very well with Harry Kane mind............provided he could get some much needed attention..........

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5983 on: January 04, 2016, 04:55:19 PM »
I still think that he will end up at a Chelsea but again as a squad filler, he wont get the game time he would have gotten here had he not thrown his toys out of the pram.

Either way I think his career could be over before it has begun

Players like Fletcher and Evans will more than likely warn off Utd about his attitude.

Its his attitude that has ruined him.

I wont lose any sleep over such an idiot anyway, we are doing more than ok without him.

It would be just desserts if he did end up at Newcastle and got relegated.....in the words of KK "I would love it"
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5984 on: January 04, 2016, 10:40:04 PM »
His ego would not cope moving to naarwich.  Might as well stay with us.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5985 on: January 04, 2016, 10:51:21 PM »
Certainly doesn't seem to be any sign of all the "big" clubs fighting over him so far. I wonder why?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5986 on: January 04, 2016, 10:57:33 PM »
My prediction is that he will still be here on 1 February with no acceptable offer received (acceptable neither to us or to him), and that he will up going out on loan after another tantrum.

Either that or we will get an acceptable offer from Newcastle or Norwich which he will then reject.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5987 on: January 04, 2016, 10:58:33 PM »
Certainly doesn't seem to be any sign of all the "big" clubs fighting over him so far. I wonder why?

A less than professional attitude and insufficient talent to compensate for it. 

There is no doubt he has to go, and while the Norwich rumour might be fanciful I am not sure he won't move to one of the lesser lights in the Premier League for a fee well below £20m. The option of letting his contract run down for the next 18 months if he is not playing runs the risk of him going for a real knock down price.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5988 on: January 05, 2016, 06:34:37 AM »
Goal scorer yes all round ability no, not worth figures being quoted and Ian Wrights quote he loves his mum sums him up a treat.

Has to grow up and improve his game, you get to the top by proving your ability son and his head and feet dont match up at the moment.

Big club in for him I doubt it, the only way he would of got that is if he had knuckled down and kept on scoring any scouting on him by a club would have to have been in Greggs by the size of him at the moment.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5989 on: January 05, 2016, 06:53:28 AM »
My prediction is that he will still be here on 1 February with no acceptable offer received (acceptable neither to us or to him), and that he will up going out on loan after another tantrum.

Either that or we will get an acceptable offer from Newcastle or Norwich which he will then reject.

I hope your wrong.
Pulis has been trying to get him through the door since last season.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5990 on: January 05, 2016, 07:44:48 AM »
I know. Its still early days I've seen his progress in the last two years. Very level headed lad well done to his mom and baggies backroom staff. Remember that Roy knows him and with work cup coming up?as a surprise pick like wallcott.regarding big Vic my mate is an everton fan up in lpool and he said that Vic was highly respected and didn't wat him to go.saido will sign and I think he could become a legend for us like Laurie.

I have just taken another look through the early posts in this thread.  The loans at Northampton, getting picked for U19s,  saying that Albion is all he has ever known and well done to everyone for making him feel at home.  Such a shame the way it's turned out...

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5991 on: January 05, 2016, 10:07:52 AM »
I have always said there are two sides to every story, i have no doubt Albion somewhere along the line got something wrong.

However similar to Odemwingie, the club didnt need to defend themselves because the players antics have made sure the player is the one who looks the idiot so even if the club did something wrong, nobody knows!

Fans and the general public dont have too much sympathy for young lads earning money we can only dream of for doing the best job in the world and when at times these players do stupid petulant things it dont help.

A lot of the stuff with Saido is rumour but there cant be that much smoke without fire, somewhere down the line he is making bad decisions. I think fans forgive that a bit if the player performs on the pitch but okay he scored a couple of goals earlier this season, but mainly this season since the spurs fiasco, he has done nothing for the team.

Now whether that is Pulis just wont pick him, or Saido is going through the motions, or more than likely a bit of both it means we have a potentially very good goalscorer sat on our bench doing nothing and losing value. Its a shame as he has shown he can score goals but i dont think he fits in with Pulis style so even if things were sorted, he would never get the chance to be the goalscorer he can be, he would have to do a wide role or something like he did when he took over last season, thats not having a pop at Pulis, its the way we play and everyone has to do their role else they dont play.

I think there is that much water under the bridge now, its best for both parties he moves on, think he will either become a last minute panic buy to be a bench filler for a big boy but end up being a Scott Sinclair type or end up at a Newcastle type, no top club will buy him as their main man at the moment.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5992 on: January 05, 2016, 11:25:06 AM »
I could still see him going to Spurs as an understudy/ bit part player. Initially, he might do ok too but I can't help thinking he'd have problems after the first year or so. He seems (I don't know him so it's just perception of course) very immature even for a 22 year old. For his sake, I think he needs to end up at a club he can feel he belongs to a group. I'm not sure a big club, especially one in the bright lights of London would be his best choice longer term. If I was advising him, I'd suggest he joins a mid-table premier club where he can play every week and be a star there - well he had that chance with us and messed it up but I'm sure others would still give him a shot at the moment. I don't feel sorry for him at all by the way. In spite of his horrendous early years, he has been blessed with talent and the opportunity to use that talent positively. It's now his choice how it goes from here. Perhaps the next two years will make or break him as a potentially top half premier league player........? Just hope, his transfer is concluded quickly so we can get one or two in quickly.........

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5993 on: January 05, 2016, 11:42:18 AM »
I hope your wrong.
Pulis has been trying to get him through the door since last season.

Pulis hasn't helped in that respect by making it public the other week that he was lucky to be on the bench for disciplinary reasons. I know any interested clubs can see it all for themselves and would be very careful about deciding if he's worth taking a risk on or not but our manager has gone from saying he's a good lad that needs protecting to hanging him out to dry and gone back to saying he's a young lad and everything is alright between them now when it clearly isn't.

I personally don't see a club being willing to offer what we would want for him now, I expect someone to make offers late on like Spurs did and leave us with no time to use any of the money if it were to be accepted. I hope I'm wrong but I can see him being noting but a bit part player for the remainder of his contract before he leaves when his contract ends with a fee decided by tribunal.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5994 on: January 05, 2016, 12:18:55 PM »
Suspect we may get a clue this weekend. I wouldnt expect to see him in the squad if he is on the move.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5995 on: January 05, 2016, 01:53:06 PM »
Pulis hasn't helped in that respect by making it public the other week that he was lucky to be on the bench for disciplinary reasons. I know any interested clubs can see it all for themselves and would be very careful about deciding if he's worth taking a risk on or not but our manager has gone from saying he's a good lad that needs protecting to hanging him out to dry and gone back to saying he's a young lad and everything is alright between them now when it clearly isn't.

I personally don't see a club being willing to offer what we would want for him now, I expect someone to make offers late on like Spurs did and leave us with no time to use any of the money if it were to be accepted. I hope I'm wrong but I can see him being noting but a bit part player for the remainder of his contract before he leaves when his contract ends with a fee decided by tribunal.

I would imagine we will have to accept a low up front payment and the rest of the money liked to future club and country appearances and goals scored.
Pretty much the same payment terms that we refused at the start of the season.
I can't realistically see anybody offering big bucks for this Championship based on his recent behavior.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5996 on: January 05, 2016, 01:58:25 PM »
I would imagine we will have to accept a low up front payment and the rest of the money liked to future club and country appearances and goals scored.
I can't realistically see anybody offering big bucks for this Championship based on his recent behavior.

I understand why you say that, but, desperation drives irrational behaviour and their will be a number of desperate chairman around this month !
I can see him going to Palace TBH.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5997 on: January 05, 2016, 02:03:05 PM »

If that is the case then I can see the club being relatively happy to let his contract run down given he is earning peanuts compared to what he probably should be at this stage in his career. Him throwing his dummy out of the pram really could have seen him cost himself what could have been a great career as he could easily go down as one of the nearly men.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:04:45 PM by B_H_Baggie »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5998 on: January 05, 2016, 02:35:15 PM »
If that is the case then I can see the club being relatively happy to let his contract run down given he is earning peanuts compared to what he probably should be at this stage in his career. Him throwing his dummy out of the pram really could have seen him cost himself what could have been a great career as he could easily go down as one of the nearly men.

Aren't we still entitled to compensation given his age at the end of his deal ? Liverpool had to fork out something ike £9m for Danny Ings I think last Summer even though he was out of contract.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5999 on: January 05, 2016, 02:50:24 PM »
Yes mate mentioned it in the post before that it would go to tribunal once his contract ends. Not sure how they would work out the fee for him though.