Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556211 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5925 on: December 30, 2015, 08:13:57 AM »
I like him Cads Ap, and I really wish that he was a part of our set up. I wish him well and hope that he goes to the right club. He wasn't on for long against Newcastle but you could immediately see that he was a threat..........just a pity that we are no longer what he wants.
MAGA!

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5926 on: December 30, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »
Berahino earned his 'lucky to be on the bench' comment from TP because he has been regularly late for training and team meetings, according to The Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-bromwich-albion/12073400/Saido-Berahino-warned-over-timekeeping-by-Tony-Pulis-but-clock-could-be-ticking-on-forwards-West-Brom-career.html

After reading that its obvious that the kid is too much hard work and as TP states not a team player
He is a great talent but needs to find pastures new
Problem is the more stories like this appear the harder it is to get good cash for such a talented numpty

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5927 on: December 30, 2015, 10:23:55 AM »
i doubt the top clubs will touch him now knowing his attitude, sell him to the dogheads as punishment
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5928 on: December 30, 2015, 10:35:34 AM »
As I said the other day he's a fool to himself if he thinks he's going to get the move he wants by behaving this way. He may have it in his head that he will be lowering the asking price but who will take a risk on someone playing silly buggers all the time. Lets face it if his timekeeping is poor he'll keep getting fined, he's not earning much in relation to other players at the club so I genuinely believe we wouldn't think twice as a club to let him essentially rot if we can't get the price we want for him.

If he does end up staying here until at least the summer then his stock will have fallen so low in the game that the only move he will get will see him earn a lot less than he's expecting for a much smaller club than he wants to go to. He is an absolute moron who should have got his head down and put in the performances to convince a decent side to go all out for him in January.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5929 on: December 30, 2015, 10:48:17 AM »
I like him Cads Ap, and I really wish that he was a part of our set up. I wish him well and hope that he goes to the right club. He wasn't on for long against Newcastle but you could immediately see that he was a threat..........just a pity that we are no longer what he wants.

I really don't understand what is likeable about him. Ever since he broke onto the scene, there has been one thing after another with him...he has shown the club absolutely no respect at any point and from the sounds of it, has continued to act like a tool behind the scenes, even after Pulis attempted to bring him back into the fold after his summer tittybabby fit!

I couldn't care less how good a player he is (I think if he had the right application and attitude, he would be a top player), I don't want him here and look forward to the day he leaves! There's ways of going about getting a move - he has gone about it completely the wrong way!

He should have left the Albion a hero - we have waited for years for a kid to come out the academy and make an impact and be one of our own. Sadly, his actions mean this won't be the case!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5930 on: December 30, 2015, 11:03:08 AM »
Wouldnt it be nice if we had harmony in the camp just for once. maybe petes to blame for all of this
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5931 on: December 30, 2015, 11:17:44 AM »
I think the biggest insult to Saido is that Harry Redknapp has urged Spurs not to sign him! Redknapp loved buying people, he would of signed Hitler if he was available so for him to advise Spurs not to buy him he must have a bad reputation!

For what its worth, i think as with everything there are two sides to every story, however with Berahino there are so many things that have cropped up it does just seem he is a bad egg.

When Pulis first came in he made all the right noises about wanting to work with him, get him on the straight and narrow, etc but it does almost seem even he has gave up on him, shame as i dont think his talent is in question but he just seems to have no respect as his actions have shown over previous seasons.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5932 on: December 30, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
Berahino earned his 'lucky to be on the bench' comment from TP because he has been regularly late for training and team meetings, according to The Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-bromwich-albion/12073400/Saido-Berahino-warned-over-timekeeping-by-Tony-Pulis-but-clock-could-be-ticking-on-forwards-West-Brom-career.html
From John Percy.....close to Pulis so id say theres truth in that.
Just not acceptable , earphones ? .......dear oh dear .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5933 on: December 30, 2015, 01:25:20 PM »
It's sad that it's turned out this way for Saido, but his attitude simply isn't professional enough. I imagine you could get away with this kind of behaviour 10-15 years ago but these days you have to be very commited, and for the money they earn it's clear why.

Without sounding bitter, I think he will always carry his problems with him throughout his career, which is why it's sad, because he could have been a top player. I don't really know of many players with discipline problems who have dramatically turned it round in their careers, usually it just doesn't go away.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5934 on: December 30, 2015, 01:28:46 PM »
The kid is an idiot. Never learns, never grows up. Born with a natural talent which he will ultimately go on to waste. By mentality he's a loser. Get rid. Enough is enough. Time to let him be somebody else's problem.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5935 on: December 30, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »
He can go anywhere but Tottingham, they are the route cause of all this

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5936 on: December 30, 2015, 01:34:42 PM »
He can go anywhere but Tottingham, they are the route cause of all this

If it had not of been Spurs, it would have been someone else, time to get rid, he was trouble to his loan clubs, he will always be trouble, we need the money more than him.
Baggie in Southampton

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5937 on: December 30, 2015, 03:47:36 PM »
Potentially keeps up his price if we circulate we're desperate to keep him - it's just a case of U.S. Getting the best deal for him now......

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5938 on: December 30, 2015, 03:54:54 PM »
If it had not of been Spurs, it would have been someone else, time to get rid, he was trouble to his loan clubs, he will always be trouble, we need the money more than him.

and england. Yes indeed hes trouble

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5939 on: December 30, 2015, 05:16:41 PM »
This isn't sour grapes but if I was a Liverpool or Spurs fan and we were being linked with him for 20 or 25 million I don't think I would be overly impressed. Let's be honest he's massively overhyped for what he's done, he's the same age as Lukaku not a kid anymore.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5940 on: December 30, 2015, 09:15:26 PM »
Liverpool?

I'd say Sturridge, Benteke, and Origi were all better players, and they could afford better.

Probably just paper talk.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5941 on: December 30, 2015, 09:23:44 PM »
When is the window open?
And...
When can we throw him through it?

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5942 on: December 30, 2015, 11:15:36 PM »
don't think we have missed him,the way we set up he will hardly get a game anyway,just hope whatever we get for him is not wasted ie mac and chester

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5943 on: December 30, 2015, 11:47:58 PM »
            Pete.    saido
Sess.                        McLean

Lambert.      Vic
Brunt.                              Gardner

One group are considered quite naughty, one group almost squeak, I know which ones I'd have..
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5944 on: December 31, 2015, 12:01:29 AM »
What's the song?
I see that trouble's ahead....
A lovely tune, ....but.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5945 on: January 01, 2016, 01:44:16 PM »
Interesting response from the Secret Footballer to a tweet asking if he had sympathy for Berahino who in earlier piece labelled "big time"

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/29876/west-bromwich-albions-saido-berahino-in-spot-of-bother/

Sympathy? A modicum. After all, he is big time and annoys the other pros.

But Pulis is a manager who goes over the top of the ball when dealing with players who don’t play ball as he likes. There will be only one winner here and it will be Pulis.

He wants to sell Berahino and spend the cash and isn’t interested in him staying because he knows that the player is open about wanting to play for a bigger club.

What Pulis is frightened of is that a player will leave and do really well. He feels that would then reflect badly on his own management.

If you look when he was at Stoke City, he didn’t let many of his top player leave – Asmir Begovic, Ryan Shawcross, James Beattie, etc.

Pulis was scared to death that they would talk about his management and that they’d improve as players.

To that end, Berahino is in a tough spot.

Read more at http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/29876/west-bromwich-albions-saido-berahino-in-spot-of-bother/#rIoWA6RlEzAiVDDJ.99
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5946 on: January 01, 2016, 02:47:26 PM »
Interesting response from the Secret Footballer to a tweet asking if he had sympathy for Berahino who in earlier piece labelled "big time"

http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/29876/west-bromwich-albions-saido-berahino-in-spot-of-bother/

But Pulis is a manager who goes over the top of the ball when dealing with players who don’t play ball as he likes. There will be only one winner here and it will be Pulis.

He wants to sell Berahino and spend the cash and isn’t interested in him staying because he knows that the player is open about wanting to play for a bigger club.

What Pulis is frightened of is that a player will leave and do really well. He feels that would then reflect badly on his own management.

If you look when he was at Stoke City, he didn’t let many of his top player leave – Asmir Begovic, Ryan Shawcross, James Beattie, etc.

Pulis was scared to death that they would talk about his management and that they’d improve as players.

Read more at http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/tsf-diary/29876/west-bromwich-albions-saido-berahino-in-spot-of-bother/#rIoWA6RlEzAiVDDJ.99

Interesting article. Isn't the secret footballer rumoured to be Dave Kitson? He would know all about Pulis from his time at Stoke.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5947 on: January 01, 2016, 02:53:49 PM »

Its a bit like on here except the secret footballer has more knowledge of inside the game though. Its all his opinion.

Begovic has left Stoke and is sitting on the bench at Chelsea when he could have gone elsewhere to become a regular. Beattie was over-rated before at after his Stoke time and Shawcross he took from the United reserves and made him into a Premier League regular on the outskirts of the England squad.

Of course he wants to sell Saido but he's not going to go blabbing to the press saying that is he so others can try and get a few million knocked off the price. Saido is the only member of our squad that will bring in significant finance to allow us to do a few things which if Spurs hadn't tried to get a Waitrose player on Aldi finance would have happened in the Summer.

I think Saido can go far in the game but he needs to look at Harry Kane as a role model instead of his mate Raheem Sterling and get his head down before he becomes another Francis Jeffers.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5948 on: January 01, 2016, 03:32:51 PM »
Berahino has the wrong attitude to do well in the game, he will always have attitude problems and consequently under achieve. 8)
Baggie in Southampton

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5949 on: January 01, 2016, 04:13:45 PM »
Saido will go and he will go to a bigger club, but as with all these players he will sit on the bench and not get any game time, he will then end up elsewhere or if his attitude continues as is then he will end up dropping down the leagues.

At his age in his development he needs continuous games and he has wasted an entire season really of his career as he won't be upto any match standard when he does leave us especially not for a the type of club he wants to join.

I actually hope he goes to Spurs where he will find himself playing second fiddle to Kane and then everyone can see what a plonker this lad is

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts