Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556605 times)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5900 on: December 29, 2015, 06:00:37 PM »
How people still defend this kid is beyond me.

Do people ever notice he still takes prt in no/very little of the half-time warm ups? He still kicks a ball from side to side on his own (i noted this last year so its obvious he has not changed his ways). People would say this is petty, however yesterday a full England international, an FA Cup winner, a World Cup representative all took part in the warm and all did what they were told. Berahino has this "im better than anyone and everyone at WBA so i dont need to anything i dont want to because I have scored little over 20 Premier League goals".

He also never claps the fans, never acknowledges us, even the ones who still sing his name and still love him.

That, is inexcusable. How anybody still praises him is beyond me. And i guarantee you who still sing his name will be the first to boo him when he returns with another club.

The kid scores goals. Surely that is all that should matter to us? I couldn't give a monkeys about the baggage. We are never going to have top players here that perform week in week out and cause no bother.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5901 on: December 29, 2015, 06:08:36 PM »
The kid scores goals. Surely that is all that should matter to us? I couldn't give a monkeys about the baggage. We are never going to have top players here that perform week in week out and cause no bother.

The problem is that some of us have principles.  Just like with Odemwingie.

It's like Liverpool fans who blindly supported Suarez and only cared about his goals.  Sometimes the blinkers need to be taken off.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5902 on: December 29, 2015, 06:16:50 PM »

It's like Liverpool fans who blindly supported Suarez and only cared about his goals.  Sometimes the blinkers need to be taken off.

Interesting analogy given that many feel Saido has bitten the hand that feeds him  :) ;).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5903 on: December 29, 2015, 06:20:58 PM »
Interesting analogy given that many feel Saido has bitten the hand that feeds him  :) ;).

It was unintentional but very apt!

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5904 on: December 29, 2015, 06:27:59 PM »

Do people ever notice he still takes prt in no/very little of the half-time warm ups? He still kicks a ball from side to side on his own (i noted this last year so its obvious he has not changed his ways). People would say this is petty, however yesterday a full England international, an FA Cup winner, a World Cup representative all took part in the warm and all did what they were told. Berahino has this "im better than anyone and everyone at WBA so i dont need to anything i dont want to because I have scored little over 20 Premier League goals".

He also never claps the fans, never acknowledges us, even the ones who still sing his name and still love him.

That, is inexcusable. How anybody still praises him is beyond me. And i guarantee you who still sing his name will be the first to boo him when he returns with another club.

Except that he was warming up with James Chester at half time, and was laughing and joking with Lambert and many of the players.

I find it strange that many on here are keen to see the back of him yet lambast Pulis for playing work hard merchants. A player with genuine talent and we want rid because of off the field issues, yet people are unhappy that the likes of Gardner get selected. We can't have it both ways - we aren't a large enough club for that.

Even the best players have unsavoury characteristics - Gerrard punch a man in a nightclub, Giggs had an affair with his brothers' wife, John Terry has too many to list, even Messi has been accused of tax fraud! If we got rid of every player who ever rocked the boat then we'd be left with a squad devoid of talent and life would be a bit more boring for it!

And just to add my own opinion, he's an idiot for wasting the many chances this club has given him, but if he leaves and we can reinvest that money, then I will thank him for his goals. Maybe not wish him well, because of what could have been, but acknowledge a talented player.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5905 on: December 29, 2015, 06:45:35 PM »
If somebody was trying to be malicious it could be said that a year under Pulis and he has gone from top goalscorer, future England International, our greatest asset and prospect to naughty boy trying desperately to get out of the club.  :-X

Could be a roller coaster January, expect plenty of Berahino headlines.

I don't think they would be malicious.

I think they would be bloody stupid to even attempt to shift the blame.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5906 on: December 29, 2015, 07:15:23 PM »
In the Express & Star tonight, Pulis says that everyone at the club pulls together,but it appears that recently Saido took a different line. A real mystery.

socalbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5907 on: December 29, 2015, 07:30:33 PM »
I agree with you to an extent! Personally, there is only two things that a player could do that would bother or anger me enough to want them gone. First and most obvious would be if one were to play with a clear and obvious lack of effort and desire and secondly if a player becomes a cancer within the locker room spreading negativity that destroys a teams chemistry. If a player when asked to play gives 100% and contributes then I could care less about anything else.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5908 on: December 29, 2015, 08:49:48 PM »
And so it begins. Saido seems to have been linked with every other club in the Premier League but only ever been subject to one serious offer. Now that it is January he is one of the few players who is almost certainly available and half the league could be argued looking for a striker we are about to be engulfed in another tidal wave of speculation.

Frankly I won't believe any of it until someone shows us the money and the quicker they do the better.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

ukitr

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5909 on: December 29, 2015, 09:02:42 PM »
In the Express & Star tonight, Pulis says that everyone at the club pulls together,but it appears that recently Saido took a different line. A real mystery.
All players stayed in a hotel the night before the Newcastle game -  did Saido refuse?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5910 on: December 29, 2015, 09:28:12 PM »

Warm ups ?.really? So you would shoot le tissier for not looking bothered?

Clapping?, I don't care.....but he clearly clapped the halfords on Monday when leaving the pitch

I'd never boo him, I think he has saved/earned/will earn us millions
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5911 on: December 29, 2015, 10:16:32 PM »
More insight from the Telegraph re latest bust up with Saido

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-bromwich-albion/12073400/Saido-Berahino-warned-over-timekeeping-by-Tony-Pulis-but-clock-could-be-ticking-on-forwards-West-Brom-career.html

Saido Berahino has been warned over his timekeeping by Tony Pulis but the clock could be ticking on the forward’s career at West Bromwich Albion.

The Telegraph can reveal that Berahino was punished by Pulis for persistent lateness and he was only included on the Albion substitutes' bench for the game against Newcastle United due to a lack of alternatives.
Berahino is alleged to have turned up late a number of times for training and team meetings and Pulis was left with no option but to issue another warning to the 22-year-old.

Saido Berahino was 'lucky to be on the bench' according to West Brom's Tony Pulis
It is the latest controversy to test the patience of the Albion coaching staff and players, following an incident in October at Crystal Palace when he listened to music through his headphones in the dressing room at half-time after being taken off.

This recent brush with the Albion head coach has ensured Berahino's future with the club appears increasingly uncertain ahead of the January transfer window. Tottenham Hotspur are considering whether to reignite their interest after four bids were rejected by West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace over the summer.
Spurs offered a final deal worth a potential £23 million but Berahino’s transfer value is diminishing rapidly due to his lack of first-team opportunities and he has only 18 months left on his current contract.

Now a parting of the way seems inevitable if a deal can be agreed with Peace in the next four weeks. Andros Townsend, the Spurs midfielder, could be included as part of a swap deal after being targeted by Pulis.
Darren Fletcher, the West Brom captain, admitted that Berahino can prove a frustration. "He's a really talented player - that's the biggest frustration how good a player he is and how talented he is and he does things that are a little bit petulant at times, but he's young as well and I think everyone's got to remember that,” he said.
"He has had a difficult time. I have spoken to Saido and you know a lot of people have. We'll see what happens in January but he's always welcome here because we think highly of him and we want him to do well in the game.”
West Brom are preparing their strategy for the January window, with Peace to return this weekend after a short holiday in Barbados.

Another player facing an uncertain future is Arsenal winger Serge Gnabry, whose loan move to the Hawthorns has not worked out.
Gnabry, 20, has not made a league start since signing a season’s loan in August and West Brom and Arsenal are set to have talks in the next few days.
Arsenal will have to agree to scrap the deal but with Gnabry having not played any first-team football since September it could suit them to exercise a recall option and then find him another club.

Nothing major just low level indiscipline week in week out, nothing to be done but ship him out and wish the buyer the best of luck because they are going to need it.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5912 on: December 29, 2015, 10:19:04 PM »

Best player in the world currently  ???
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5913 on: December 29, 2015, 10:22:58 PM »
Best player in the world currently  ???

I don't care. A total pr*ck.  Would you have been happy to sign and worship a player like that?  There was a time when were allegedly interested in signing El Hadj Djouf, a disgusting face-spitting specimen if ever there was. I honestly don't care how good they are. There has to be a line of principle drawn somewhere.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5914 on: December 29, 2015, 10:29:22 PM »
I don't care. A total pr*ck.  Would you have been happy to sign and worship a player like that?  There was a time when were allegedly interested in signing El Hadj Djouf, a disgusting face-spitting specimen if ever there was. I honestly don't care how good they are. There has to be a line of principle drawn somewhere.

I think comapring Suarez to Diouf is a little far fetched, and also football wise completely stupid.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5915 on: December 29, 2015, 10:36:17 PM »
I think comapring Suarez to Diouf is a little far fetched, and also football wise completely stupid.

In what way?  The point I was making was that there are players with certain moral standards who I wouldn't like to see anywhere near this club, no matter how good they are. 

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5916 on: December 29, 2015, 10:59:26 PM »
Really Berahino has clearly done what he has said he would do, go on strike. Take the money Albion and get him out of the club.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5917 on: December 29, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »
In what way?  The point I was making was that there are players with certain moral standards who I wouldn't like to see anywhere near this club, no matter how good they are.

Because I'd like to think 99.9 percent of Albion fans would want Luis Suarez in the stripes.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5918 on: December 29, 2015, 11:26:46 PM »
The article says he has netted 8 times this season and we are desperate to hang onto him. What a load of carp!!!
Obviously very reliable

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5919 on: December 29, 2015, 11:37:50 PM »
Because I'd like to think 99.9 percent of Albion fans would want Luis Suarez in the stripes.

I'd like to think that there are more than 0.1% who possess a compass which actually points northwards

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5920 on: December 29, 2015, 11:47:19 PM »
Fortunately Suarez would never be here.
He is not tall enough for a Pulis team.   ???

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5921 on: December 30, 2015, 03:51:45 AM »
Berahino earned his 'lucky to be on the bench' comment from TP because he has been regularly late for training and team meetings, according to The Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-bromwich-albion/12073400/Saido-Berahino-warned-over-timekeeping-by-Tony-Pulis-but-clock-could-be-ticking-on-forwards-West-Brom-career.html

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5922 on: December 30, 2015, 06:32:05 AM »
Berahino earned his 'lucky to be on the bench' comment from TP because he has been regularly late for training and team meetings, according to The Telegraph.

If true I think it only goes to confirm that he has little respect for the club that employs him.
No matter how good people think he is I think he's toxic and has to go.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5923 on: December 30, 2015, 07:47:39 AM »
If true I think it only goes to confirm that he has little respect for the club that employs him.
No matter how good people think he is I think he's toxic and has to go.

Agree with that. We are never going to get anything out of him now so he has to go.
MAGA!

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5924 on: December 30, 2015, 07:59:31 AM »
In his defence he was celebrating happily when we scored on Monday.

Shame it will end like this - he's been immature but could have been a legend here and achieved cult status as the new Regis.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son