Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556497 times)

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5525 on: November 08, 2015, 09:29:20 PM »
This isn't football manager mate, Adebayor is a player Albion wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

I will clarify my point, Pulis thought he needed 3 players to account for the loss of Saido, everything was in place to sign these players hence Pulis remaining at the training ground all day. Then Peace rejected Spurs derisory offer and Pulis went home. It makes it pretty obvious that the funds were not in place for Pulis to do the business he felt we needed to do if we were to lose Saido Berahino.

That's three players though. I'd be willing to bet there was money there for one, which my original point I put across to someone else.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5526 on: November 08, 2015, 10:45:41 PM »
That's three players though. I'd be willing to bet there was money there for one, which my original point I put across to someone else.

But the one might have not been a striker, and we needed a striker if Saido was to be sold.   There would have been uproar if we had sold Saido and spent money on just a midfielder, and understandably so.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5527 on: November 09, 2015, 04:06:08 AM »
But the one might have not been a striker, and we needed a striker if Saido was to be sold.   There would have been uproar if we had sold Saido and spent money on just a midfielder, and understandably so.

If you look back to the original point it was regarding a replacement for Berainho. You've skewed it into three players, now one who might not even be a striker...

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5528 on: November 09, 2015, 07:37:57 AM »
If you look back to the original point it was regarding a replacement for Berainho. You've skewed it into three players, now one who might not even be a striker...

I've reached the conclusion that you don't seem to understand how the football money world works, or how this club operates within it to stay solvent.

We know that TP had 3 players lined up to buy if the Saido sale money came through.  It didn't, because the Spurs "offer" only contained a tiny amount up front, which was not enough to enable us to cash flow the up front payment on his intended replacement.  My point is that the amount of up front cash from Spurs may only have been enough to buy one of the other two targeted players, who probably weren't strikers, leaving us without Saido and without a striker replacement.

Really not sure what's so hard to grasp about that.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5529 on: November 09, 2015, 07:53:33 AM »
I've reached the conclusion that you don't seem to understand how the football money world works, or how this club operates within it to stay solvent.

We know that TP had 3 players lined up to buy if the Saido sale money came through.  It didn't, because the Spurs "offer" only contained a tiny amount up front, which was not enough to enable us to cash flow the up front payment on his intended replacement.  My point is that the amount of up front cash from Spurs may only have been enough to buy one of the other two targeted players, who probably weren't strikers, leaving us without Saido and without a striker replacement.

Really not sure what's so hard to grasp about that.

And you believe Peace would allow a first team squad of 25 fully fledged professionals? 3 players were never going to replace one. Even if Spurs gave us £25m up front. Clearly we both are lacking in certain areas.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5530 on: November 09, 2015, 10:26:05 AM »
I have always felt that Pulis wanted to sell Saido but for obvious and well documented reasons it didn't happen. I also think he would have liked to unload Gamboa, Pocognoli and Sessegnon. Had all those players had gone I think we might have seen 3/4 bought it in one of whom would have been a striker.

There is no point in giving Pulis a 25 man squad we have a 23 man squad at least 4 of whom have barely kicked a ball in anger  this season we really don't need to paying another couple of people to watch from the stands.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5532 on: November 11, 2015, 03:37:38 PM »
Rehashed article all about nothing to fill type.
Nothing new whatsoever.
The only here we go again in this instance is that started by horny handed, itchy fingered 6 toed journo's.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5533 on: November 11, 2015, 03:58:07 PM »
you who buy these rags keep them in a job
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5534 on: November 11, 2015, 04:42:23 PM »
Well you share the views of Shearer and Ian Wright who should know a bit about heading a ball but in my opinion are not great analysts of the game. Each to his own but for me he just overran it a shade and adjusted awkwardly at the last moment.....a better header of the ball would have timed it/adjusted that bit better. I guess this is why Rondon is always going to be preferred to Saido as the main focal point with his added height and better heading ability.

I saw it yesterday for the first time. IMO he tried to place the ball, if he'd just ran on, it would have gone in. When I heard the Shearer comment, I thought he was close to a clash of heads, but there was no-one near him. No way did Saido bottle that, it was an error of judgement that's all.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5535 on: November 12, 2015, 05:26:09 AM »
So SB stalling on new contract - hardly a surprise - every Albion fan and his dog knew that would happen.  Need to get rid and let Pulis get the players he wants in Jan. If the entertainment value does not then improve then the door revolves again!

fentbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5536 on: November 12, 2015, 10:56:43 AM »
Just have to say - As much as us Baggies have had a go at Saido Berahino recently, I've just posted this on my Facebook page but think everyone on here should have a read too...

I work for a charity called Kids 'n' Cancer and we are currently desperately raising funds to send 2 year old Alexander Vinson, who has developed a rare form of brain tumour, to the US for Proton Therapy treatment (this is what our charity does).

I tweeted Alex's picture and JustGiving link out to hundreds of influential and celebrity Twitter accounts during yesterday evening - from Prince Harry and President Obama to Ant & Dec - and the ONLY one so far to have retweeted and liked it (within an hour of tweeting) was our Saido!

Credit where credits due - good on you Saido, you're still a kid yourself, but you're also a true gent.

Incidentally - and not sure if Admin will allow this link or not - but if any of my fellow Baggies here can please follow Saido's lead - Alex's JustGiving page is at http://tinyurl.com/q8gbrd4
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:00:57 AM by fentbaggie »
The Black Country (and Birmingham) is ours.....

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5537 on: November 12, 2015, 11:11:36 AM »
Well done Saido and well done you Fentbaggie, really hope we can help this family win the biggest fight they will ever face.
Cannot begin to imagine what they are going through.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 06:00:51 PM by kris_boing »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5538 on: November 12, 2015, 02:41:08 PM »
So SB stalling on new contract - hardly a surprise - every Albion fan and his dog knew that would happen.  Need to get rid and let Pulis get the players he wants in Jan. If the entertainment value does not then improve then the door revolves again!

a non story according to Brummie Mail.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/saido-berahino-real-story-west-10432042
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5539 on: November 13, 2015, 02:12:53 PM »
Simple question, very tricky to answer, is his head in it?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5540 on: November 15, 2015, 09:57:16 AM »
Newcastle reportedly interested as well.
That's what we need, a few teams interested so that we can get the price up.
Not sure why he'd want to go to Newcastle though.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5541 on: November 15, 2015, 07:03:57 PM »
Newcastle reportedly interested as well.
That's what we need, a few teams interested so that we can get the price up.
Not sure why he'd want to go to Newcastle though.

broon ale, chips and slags.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5542 on: November 15, 2015, 08:27:10 PM »
Jesse Lingard called into the England Squad.  Saido well down the pecking order now.  All down to attitude and application.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5543 on: November 15, 2015, 09:20:23 PM »
Newcastle 20m?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5544 on: November 15, 2015, 11:40:30 PM »
15 tops.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5545 on: November 15, 2015, 11:46:51 PM »
15 tops.

I think we will get at least £20m in January for him. 

FLETCH

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5546 on: November 16, 2015, 08:03:01 AM »
need to get him out ASAP now.... he will just pull other people down.... id rather see someone put in 100% effort even if not as good over all as saido than him being a bellend about it.
yea i have done your mom..........so what!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5547 on: November 16, 2015, 08:06:24 AM »
Another footballer who wont be welcome back
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5548 on: November 16, 2015, 09:43:04 AM »
need to get him out ASAP now.... he will just pull other people down.... id rather see someone put in 100% effort even if not as good over all as saido than him being a bellend about it.

Though i hate what he did on on facebook & in the media over his transfer i can now understand why if he's only on £15.000?  a week (bet big rons on more than that)  but he could have handled it far better.
I would surgest to him that He buckles down in training & concentrate on his football.
I would also suggest to the club that they offer the lad a proper contract with a weekly wage to match, i would hope he would sign & then "Maybe" his England career might be resurrected. 

Just because we brought him through from the age of 11 till doesn't mean we don't have to pay him the going rate. 

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5549 on: November 16, 2015, 11:54:06 AM »
whatever we get I just hope it's used for some creativity.

I do think his value will have dropped since August but January is usually the silly season as far as transfers go.