Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556489 times)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5400 on: September 21, 2015, 07:46:07 PM »
I have moved on at the time I would have gone for him if I saw him but a winner against them fookers has just about done the job  :D.

Baggieblood

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5401 on: September 21, 2015, 10:15:54 PM »
In my eyes Saido Berahino has redeemed himself with the winner at the villa, until the next time he throws his toys out of the pram.

It was the first win i've seen at that s@ithole despite man visits.

We were in the witton upper and loved seeing our fans celebrate when we scored and at the end when our players went over to our fans.

I particulary liked mcClean cup his ear at the vile fans.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:20:18 PM by OldburyWBA »

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5402 on: September 22, 2015, 11:14:14 AM »
Berahino's delivery is as good as Brunts, so for me it makes sense for him to take corners.

He isn't an imposing aerial threat, and it means brunt isn't utterly out of position if the opposition break. Whilst you want your strikers sniffing around in the box for any knock downs, you'd like to trust in the ability of most Premier League players to be able to score from 6 yards out with out being a designated striker.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5403 on: September 22, 2015, 01:31:28 PM »
Berahino's delivery is as good as Brunts, so for me it makes sense for him to take corners.

He isn't an imposing aerial threat, and it means brunt isn't utterly out of position if the opposition break. Whilst you want your strikers sniffing around in the box for any knock downs, you'd like to trust in the ability of most Premier League players to be able to score from 6 yards out with out being a designated striker.

Exactly. Look at Russell Martin's goal vs Liverpool - chest control and a nice finish from a Premier League centre half. You'd hope Evans could do that.

The other benefit of having Saido on corners is Brunt can either patrol the edge of the area and use his decent long shot on any balls that are headed out. Or he could come short to cross. Or he could go into the box and use his height to get on the end of the corner; he's a fairly useful header-er of the ball - we used to (and still do a bit) use his height vs opposition full backs to win headers.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5404 on: September 22, 2015, 02:35:31 PM »
Exactly. Look at Russell Martin's goal vs Liverpool - chest control and a nice finish from a Premier League centre half. You'd hope Evans could do that.

The other benefit of having Saido on corners is Brunt can either patrol the edge of the area and use his decent long shot on any balls that are headed out. Or he could come short to cross. Or he could go into the box and use his height to get on the end of the corner; he's a fairly useful header-er of the ball - we used to (and still do a bit) use his height vs opposition full backs to win headers.
I've been surprised at how good Brunty is in the air, there have been a number of times when he has cleared well at the back stick with a good header.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5405 on: September 22, 2015, 05:13:17 PM »
I've been surprised at how good Brunty is in the air, there have been a number of times when he has cleared well at the back stick with a good header.

Watch all four of our defenders warm up against Everton. I've made a habit of it to see who's ready to play and every warm up they line up and are dealt high balls to head away while everyone drifts up and back with whoever goes for the header. Brunt always leads that line when I've watched them and he does very well in the air.

tipton baggie 80

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5406 on: September 24, 2015, 05:05:33 PM »
Off topic, but seeing as the last 2 posters mentioned it, Brunt has been good in the air since he's been here. When on the wing he was always the outlet from goal kicks.
West Bromwich Albion, finishing above Staffordshire's finest when in the same league over the last 12 years

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5407 on: September 24, 2015, 08:45:51 PM »
Pulis really does love him don't he, Was saying again today how sorry he feels for him and how bad he's life's been.

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5408 on: September 25, 2015, 03:11:14 PM »
Has he ever scored from a corner, his heading is not good. I though his delivery was good.
the only decent corners we have had all season we have enough players who can score from corners if the delivery is decent , I hope he carries on taking them

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5409 on: September 25, 2015, 05:34:00 PM »
Pulis really does love him don't he, Was saying again today how sorry he feels for him and how bad he's life's been.

But not all tactics are played out on the pitch....
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5410 on: September 26, 2015, 10:16:52 AM »
See old dim tim rates Jack the lad at 60 million what is saido Worth

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5411 on: September 29, 2015, 02:20:06 PM »
I genuinely feel so sorry for him and don't blame him for being angry at not getting a move.

Surrounded by frankly a load of pooh when he is miles better than the rest of the team who get paid more than him!
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5412 on: September 29, 2015, 03:39:26 PM »
I genuinely feel so sorry for him and don't blame him for being angry at not getting a move.

Surrounded by frankly a load of rubbish when he is miles better than the rest of the team who get paid more than him!

You can tell he looks a class above
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5413 on: September 29, 2015, 03:58:05 PM »
You can tell he looks a class above

Yep! He might be a bit of a bell-end but we're going to miss him when he goes.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5414 on: September 29, 2015, 04:31:26 PM »
Its going to be interesting seeing him in a top side, he may well turn out to be a very good player.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5415 on: September 30, 2015, 07:00:13 AM »
He is already a very good player , a true natural finisher and should aim higher than Spurs. Without him, you really wonder where we'd consistently score from without him. Rondon is a good leader of the line but doesn't look prolific, Lambert is past premier league standard and pace by the looks of it, Anichebe is just useless and our midfield aren't allowed to break the rigid line to get forward much.

Keeping Saido scoring is the key, still , in spite of three windows of knowing we needed width, pace and goals .....arggh

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5416 on: October 03, 2015, 11:49:42 PM »
didn't watch the game today ,why was he taken off,injury or not tracking back,or to defend a nil nil with 30 mins to go?

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5417 on: October 04, 2015, 12:10:07 AM »
didn't watch the game today ,why was he taken off,injury or not tracking back,or to defend a nil nil with 30 mins to go?

That is the question we would all like to know the answer too! Took off at half time with no explanation. Even the commentary team were dumbfounded by it. Saido is the only player on the pitch who we can use as an outlet when under the cosh, it was scandalous to take him off. Someone had to make way for golden boy Gardner though didn't they! As soon as that substitution was made I knew it was game over. If we can all see that why oh why can't Pulis? 

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5418 on: October 04, 2015, 01:48:23 AM »
He is already a very good player , a true natural finisher and should aim higher than Spurs. Without him, you really wonder where we'd consistently score from without him. Rondon is a good leader of the line but doesn't look prolific, Lambert is past premier league standard and pace by the looks of it, Anichebe is just useless and our midfield aren't allowed to break the rigid line to get forward much.

Keeping Saido scoring is the key, still , in spite of three windows of knowing we needed width, pace and goals .....arggh

Incorrect. Obviously the key is to play for 0-0 which is why you substitute Saido for Gardner. There is no need for width, pace or goals when you play for 0-0.

smudger 2007

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5419 on: October 04, 2015, 01:58:31 AM »
That is the question we would all like to know the answer too! Took off at half time with no explanation. Even the commentary team were dumbfounded by it. Saido is the only player on the pitch who we can use as an outlet when under the cosh, it was scandalous to take him off. Someone had to make way for golden boy Gardner though didn't they! As soon as that substitution was made I knew it was game over. If we can all see that why oh why can't Pulis?

smudger 2007

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5420 on: October 04, 2015, 01:59:37 AM »
Must admit I felt exactly the same when saw the change. Game over surrender

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5421 on: October 04, 2015, 08:33:02 AM »
Dont agree with how he went about it but i really Saido gets himself a move away in January if Pulis is in charge.

Berahino is a d**khead off the pitch but he can change, he also is young, english and scores goals, the longer he stays with us that will be coached out of him and so for the sake of his career hope he goes because we will eventually grind him down to our level, ie - works ard but lacks quality.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5422 on: October 04, 2015, 08:41:45 AM »
Dont agree with how he went about it but i really Saido gets himself a move away in January if Pulis is in charge.

Berahino is a d**khead off the pitch but he can change, he also is young, english and scores goals, the longer he stays with us that will be coached out of him and so for the sake of his career hope he goes because we will eventually grind him down to our level, ie - works ard but lacks quality.

I dont i personally hope he amounts to nothing when he leaves us but then its up to him to prove haters like me wrong.

From a career perspective and i say this taking off my Albion goggles he needs a move, This current set up is no good for him and hes game.

Same goes with Gnabry and chester really like that Hull fan said on here, Under Pulis and playing around poor players there game wont develop or mature it will just stay the same or probably move backwards.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5423 on: October 04, 2015, 10:21:35 AM »
I dont i personally hope he amounts to nothing when he leaves us but then its up to him to prove haters like me wrong.

From a career perspective and i say this taking off my Albion goggles he needs a move, This current set up is no good for him and hes game.

Same goes with Gnabry and chester really like that Hull fan said on here, Under Pulis and playing around poor players there game wont develop or mature it will just stay the same or probably move backwards.

In short anyone with any flair or talent get out before they are crushed by Pulisball. Fair enough.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5424 on: October 04, 2015, 10:55:33 AM »
Favorited Ian Wrights comments from last night about him leaving and that he should want to leave  :D what a prat he gets anyway with murder with us, Doesnt realize he is putting off other clubs though.