Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556497 times)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5350 on: September 13, 2015, 05:00:45 PM »
Any one see him rolling up the leg of his shorts to hide the badge? Also did he lift his shirt up at full time to obscure the badge? Both being reported/suggested elsewhere
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5351 on: September 13, 2015, 05:02:34 PM »
Because that worked out so well?  :-\

Think it's football supporters that need to get the message. This is a job, they don't care about the clubs, stop getting misty eyed about the past when it wasn't a business and get on with supporting the shirt, whoever is in it. I'll bawl the likes of Gardner out on here, but when he comes down my corner of the Brummie to take a corner he gets full support.
Not often I say this about your posts Jacko but this one is a excellent post. :o Footballers and loyalty are a rare commodity.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5352 on: September 13, 2015, 08:18:41 PM »
For someone who had a few days off and during that time had apparently learnt some 'respect' it was lovely to see him sprint straight off the pitch and down the tunnel with no acknowledgment to the supporters who, on the whole, had given him a warm welcome.
I dont think him clapping the crowd would help?
I think everyone has an opinion , but it is all based on what people THINK they know and what they have been told.
for me i still dont actually see what he has done that his so bad although I am clever enough to understand that some fans dont like .

If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5353 on: September 13, 2015, 08:21:44 PM »
I can't believe our fans reaction to him. Anybody who applauded him yesterday, congratulations, you've completely sold your soul to the Premier League devil.

Who is probably Fred the Red.
its about time that our fans accepted the fact that once we get a good player especially a goal scorer if he is wanted by bigger club he is going,thats the way the satanic premier league works,just ask southanpton,i for one will never boo an albion player,yes berahino is a bell end but just wants to better himself[there cant be many forwards who would relish playing behind the ball,feeding off scraps all season],I applauded him purely to encourage him to score a goal,his first few touches were the only decent bit of football I witnessed all afternoon from our team,and our best chance of getting anything in any game we play,lets leave him out then play achibe or lambert instead and by next may we will all get salvation in the championship

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5354 on: September 14, 2015, 09:09:53 AM »
its about time that our fans accepted the fact that once we get a good player especially a goal scorer if he is wanted by bigger club he is going,thats the way the satanic premier league works,just ask southanpton,i for one will never boo an albion player,yes berahino is a bell end but just wants to better himself[there cant be many forwards who would relish playing behind the ball,feeding off scraps all season],I applauded him purely to encourage him to score a goal,his first few touches were the only decent bit of football I witnessed all afternoon from our team,and our best chance of getting anything in any game we play,lets leave him out then play achibe or lambert instead and by next may we will all get salvation in the championship
No problem with him wanting to better himself, its the way he as gone about it thats the problem, Also if he had have gone lambert or anichebe wouldhave had to play, his first few touches were the only decent bit of football all afternoon? Did you not see johnny evans? he was different class to anyone else on the pitch!

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5355 on: September 14, 2015, 12:15:50 PM »
Couldn't understand the amount of cheering and clapping. I just stood there, flicked the v's. I'm not one to boo but came close.

It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5356 on: September 14, 2015, 01:14:42 PM »
Because that worked out so well?  :-\

Think it's football supporters that need to get the message. This is a job, they don't care about the clubs, stop getting misty eyed about the past when it wasn't a business and get on with supporting the shirt, whoever is in it. I'll bawl the likes of Gardner out on here, but when he comes down my corner of the Brummie to take a corner he gets full support.

It might be a job. They might not care about the clubs. I'm not getting misty-eyed about people kissing the badge; Paul Robinson did that and look how that ended up.

All I ask is that they show a bit of respect, or at least restraint, when representing our club. I don't think that's too much to ask; Brunt, Morrison, et al manage it. Act with dignity and class. And if you don't, then you should be pulled up on that.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5357 on: September 14, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »
Did he even get fined for he's tweet ?.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5358 on: September 17, 2015, 12:42:52 PM »
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned already but the guy's face on the team photo is quite the picture. Reminiscent of a kid who has just been told he isn't allowed a bag of Haribo.  ::)

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5359 on: September 17, 2015, 01:00:40 PM »
Surprised it hasn't been mentioned already but the guy's face on the team photo is quite the picture. Reminiscent of a kid who has just been told he isn't allowed a bag of Haribo.  ::)

There is a few players who hardly look happy, rondon for example. Plus there were a few pictures Saido posted of him messing around during the photo session, I'm not reading anything into this picture, there were likely a number of pictures taken and I reckon he pulled a different face in each one and this one just happened to be the best picture of the 'team'
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5360 on: September 18, 2015, 02:23:24 PM »
Yes, definitely. I think only a few booed, which is their choice. But singing his name? It only fuels the ego. He disrespected the club, so why did he get a heroes welcome?!

For me, I support the Albion and everything in the interests of the Albion cause. Anything that helps Albion I will support. If we needed V*lla to win to keep us up, I would cheer for V*lla.  If supporting Berahino means that we get a few goals from him and a better price when we sell, I will support him.  Mine is a blind love for the club and perhaps that makes me a sucker but for 90 mins each week, I suspend all reason.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5361 on: September 19, 2015, 12:07:35 PM »
For me, I support the Albion and everything in the interests of the Albion cause. Anything that helps Albion I will support. If we needed V*lla to win to keep us up, I would cheer for V*lla.  If supporting Berahino means that we get a few goals from him and a better price when we sell, I will support him.  Mine is a blind love for the club and perhaps that makes me a sucker but for 90 mins each week, I suspend all reason.

and you my friend... is the reason i believe we do still have a few decent supporters! if only everyone could think the same, people are too busy caring about footballers personal lives, bad mouth the players on the pitch, then wonder why the players don't applaud our support after a game -- who in the right mind would put up with immature fans hurling abuse at them for 90 mins then go and applaud them for it at the end of the game?!

if saido is employed by west bromwich albion, im backing him and cheering him on all the way. regardless of his actions off the field.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5362 on: September 19, 2015, 12:24:30 PM »
I dont think because people didnt like the fact a bloke on £15k a week who turns round and says how badly he is treated and wont play again (then doesnt apologise) means they arent decent supporters.

I dont really care about what players do off the pitch that much, with Saido he has had many off the field discretions but i dont remember fans booing him or hurling abuse, i dont think the fans love him like say a Astle, Regis, Taylor, etc but i think thats because he doesnt come across as a particulary likeable person (what we see) and its hard to idolise modern day footballers in general.

Personally i didnt boo him but didnt applaud him when he came on, but doesnt mean i dont support the Albion, i will cheer any goals he scores the same as i would any player but i wont give too much respect to a bloke who shows such little respect in return.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 12:26:11 PM by Albion79 »

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5363 on: September 19, 2015, 02:12:06 PM »
and you my friend... is the reason i believe we do still have a few decent supporters! if only everyone could think the same, people are too busy caring about footballers personal lives, bad mouth the players on the pitch, then wonder why the players don't applaud our support after a game -- who in the right mind would put up with immature fans hurling abuse at them for 90 mins then go and applaud them for it at the end of the game?!

if saido is employed by west bromwich albion, im backing him and cheering him on all the way. regardless of his actions off the field.

THAT. He is Albion til he leaves, that's it. And he gets my full backing as they all do regardless of whether he is a total kn8b or not, until he leaves. He probably won't get the continued admiration from me that I have for Lukaku, but that's more about their respective attitudes and professionalism.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5364 on: September 19, 2015, 02:13:13 PM »
I dont think because people didnt like the fact a bloke on £15k a week who turns round and says how badly he is treated and wont play again (then doesnt apologise) means they arent decent supporters.

I dont really care about what players do off the pitch that much, with Saido he has had many off the field discretions but i dont remember fans booing him or hurling abuse, i dont think the fans love him like say a Astle, Regis, Taylor, etc but i think thats because he doesnt come across as a particulary likeable person (what we see) and its hard to idolise modern day footballers in general.

Personally i didnt boo him but didnt applaud him when he came on, but doesnt mean i dont support the Albion, i will cheer any goals he scores the same as i would any player but i wont give too much respect to a bloke who shows such little respect in return.

Great post.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5365 on: September 19, 2015, 02:15:35 PM »
Time for him to become a fan favourite again by sticking it to the villa today, come on lad
Baggie Terra

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5366 on: September 19, 2015, 05:09:14 PM »
Good lad
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5367 on: September 19, 2015, 05:39:06 PM »
Diego Costa utter cnut. Chelsea fans love him.

Viva Saido!!
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5368 on: September 19, 2015, 05:53:27 PM »
He certainly seemed pleased to score.

What did he do at full time? It looked like he was heading over to the fans with his shirt?

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5369 on: September 19, 2015, 07:09:04 PM »
He certainly seemed pleased to score.

What did he do at full time? It looked like he was heading over to the fans with his shirt?
He lobbed his shirt in as did Fletcher, nicest thing to see was Saido's big grin as he did it
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5370 on: September 19, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »
He lobbed his shirt in as did Fletcher, nicest thing to see was Saido's big grin as he did it

That's good to hear. Little gestures like that will really help for the time that he remains with us.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5371 on: September 19, 2015, 10:21:22 PM »
Did I hear the crowd singing his name after he scored?

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5372 on: September 19, 2015, 10:28:24 PM »
Did I hear the crowd singing his name after he scored?

They was singing it last week mate when he came on.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5373 on: September 19, 2015, 10:32:44 PM »
Sounded louder and better then.
Worth it when he scores.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5374 on: September 20, 2015, 08:20:57 AM »
I still think he's a King Cnut. Still no apology.