Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556370 times)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5275 on: September 11, 2015, 05:16:02 PM »
I bet James mcLean think's it's the best thing that could have happened.  ;)

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5276 on: September 11, 2015, 06:27:03 PM »
I'm not going to be there, but if I were, and he scored...well I wouldn't celebrate out of respect to his desire to be playing for someone else.
I wouldn't care who scored to be honest as long as we win. one question though..... , if he scores the 90th min winner against villa next week will you celebrate????  ;)

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5277 on: September 11, 2015, 06:39:37 PM »
Am I the only one who hasn't taken this personally? As far as I'm concerned as soon as he plays again this saga is over and he's back to being the best Albion player I've seen in my lifetime (24 years old)

I've said much worse things on social media about my work, as I imagine a few on here have
mate I aint being funny here but if he is the best Albion player you have ever seen I really do feel sorry for you. And I am saying that because of all the truly great Albion players I have seen over the 50 years I have been going to the games. He doesn't deserve to mentioned in the same breath!!!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5278 on: September 11, 2015, 06:51:34 PM »
mate I aint being funny here but if he is the best Albion player you have ever seen I really do feel sorry for you. And I am saying that because of all the truly great Albion players I have seen over the 50 years I have been going to the games. He doesn't deserve to mentioned in the same breath!!!

Was thinking the same thing myself, surely we've had more accomplished players in the last 14 or so years; Phillips, Kanu, Odemwingie etc.  Don't get me wrong, Berahino is a quality footballer and has the potential to carve himself a fantastic career but we've had far superior players in the last decade or so.
"This crack is really moreish."

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5279 on: September 11, 2015, 06:54:58 PM »
Am I the only one who hasn't taken this personally? As far as I'm concerned as soon as he plays again this saga is over and he's back to being the best Albion player I've seen in my lifetime (24 years old)

I've said much worse things on social media about my work, as I imagine a few on here have
I agree with you mate. Perhaps to all those on Berahino's case he should have been a bit smarter and said all the things Delph did I love the club blah blah. If he didn't get the move no one would have been the wiser if he did he wouldn't care a jot. Perhaps he should just apologize with his fingers crossed behind his back then bugger off in January.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5280 on: September 11, 2015, 07:16:49 PM »

I couldn't agree more. Berahino has the potential to be a good player, but that's all it is at the moment.
In the last few years Odemwingie was streets ahead of Berahino, and going back a bit further Kevin Phillips was a far superior finisher, and also contributed more outside the box.  At 24 years of age surely you must remember those two.

It's such a shame that people who think the likes of Berahino are top players can't go back to see the likes of Cunningham, Regis, Bomber, the King, Chippy Clark etc etc, and not just short youtube clips, but seeing them live in full flow, on a muddy pitch, when the likes of Norman Hunter and Chopper Harris were after them
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5281 on: September 11, 2015, 07:51:30 PM »
I couldn't agree more. Berahino has the potential to be a good player, but that's all it is at the moment.
In the last few years Odemwingie was streets ahead of Berahino, and going back a bit further Kevin Phillips was a far superior finisher, and also contributed more outside the box.  At 24 years of age surely you must remember those two.

It's such a shame that people who think the likes of Berahino are top players can't go back to see the likes of Cunningham, Regis, Bomber, the King, Chippy Clark etc etc, and not just short youtube clips, but seeing them live in full flow, on a muddy pitch, when the likes of Norman Hunter and Chopper Harris were after them

add willie Johnston to that .....

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5282 on: September 11, 2015, 08:11:12 PM »

At 24 surely you must remember the likes of Lukaku, Super Kev and Odemwingie all Three of those were streets ahead of Berahinio.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #5283 on: September 11, 2015, 08:29:51 PM »
Needs to put up or shut up now...only one full season at the top level and still an awful lot to prove until he has actually made it!

At the moment he is only as good as his last game and all I can remenber is THAT miss at Vicarage Road...even Mother Berahino could have tucked that one away... :-X

Just do it and then do one... ::)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:33:18 PM by Hong Kong Phooey »
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5284 on: September 11, 2015, 08:32:05 PM »
Has the little scrote issued a formal appology yet or is that seen as being beneath him, and as for those of you saying 'he's the best Albion player you've ever seen'  ;D ;D ;D
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5285 on: September 11, 2015, 10:41:11 PM »
hes the best player ive seen in the last 2 years,fantastic finisher 2 major flaws he has at the moment he is rubbish in the air,and cant really beat a man,not as good as odenwingie was

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5286 on: September 11, 2015, 11:00:09 PM »
I've never got this 'best player I've ever seen play for Albion' come from people my age. He's nothing special at all, and he's certainly not likeable.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5287 on: September 11, 2015, 11:56:32 PM »
hes the best player ive seen in the last 2 years,fantastic finisher 2 major flaws he has at the moment he is rubbish in the air,and cant really beat a man,not as good as odenwingie was
So what you're saying is he's rubbish at everything apart from finishing. Might explain the lack of interest this summer. :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5288 on: September 12, 2015, 12:08:37 AM »
I think it's a bit petty saying Odemwingie was far better than Berahino, as how I remember it, he was of a similar quality. In their best seasons, Odemwingie got 15 goals, Berahino got 14...not really much in it.

What I can remember however is that when Odemwingie was played on the wing, he did not defend and was lazy, whereas Berahino is a fairly useful, hard-working winger.

I find it a bit laughable that some people are saying how Berahino hasn't been one of our better players in the past 20+ years. In my lifetime the only players who I can think of on his level for us have been Odemwingie, Phillips and Lukaku. It's a pretty good bracket to be in with, and we do still need him, or at least the money. Making out that he's borderline average is wrong, he's a very good player hence the money that is associated with him.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5289 on: September 12, 2015, 07:49:03 AM »
 >:(
So what you're saying is he's rubbish at everything apart from finishing. Might explain the lack of interest this summer. :D

I'd question his finishing as well tbh, I can think of two 'sitters' he's missed so far this season.
A true £25m striker would have scored the header against Watford and slammed the one he flunked against City.
I think we're just desperate for a hero, hopefully Rondon can fill that void
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5290 on: September 12, 2015, 08:01:18 AM »
I'd question his finishing as well tbh, I can think of two 'sitters' he's missed so far this season.
A true £25m striker would have scored the header against Watford and slammed the one he flunked against City.
All strikers miss chances even sitters....Lakaku £28m doesn't bury every chance that comes his way and he's missed some sitters in his time.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5291 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:23 AM »

If Rondon has a good season this year he will be pushing to move to a "big" club next summer, wonder what his release clause is?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5292 on: September 12, 2015, 10:45:36 AM »
All strikers miss chances even sitters....Lakaku £28m doesn't bury every chance that comes his way and he's missed some sitters in his time.

Correct. I've seen Messi miss from about two yards out more than once and no-one can tell me he doesn't score enough goals.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5293 on: September 12, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
Interesting that he has not been picked to start today. Perhaps his attitude is still not right and no apology, so perhaps not too surprising

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5294 on: September 12, 2015, 11:06:10 AM »
Interesting that he has not been picked to start today. Perhaps his attitude is still not right and no apology, so perhaps not too surprising

Is he definitely not starting today?

When it comes to the lack of an apology he probably doesn't even think he has anything to apologise for.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #5295 on: September 12, 2015, 11:11:46 AM »

How do you know he's not starting?

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5296 on: September 12, 2015, 11:59:39 AM »
I think it's a bit petty saying Odemwingie was far better than Berahino, as how I remember it, he was of a similar quality. In their best seasons, Odemwingie got 15 goals, Berahino got 14...not really much in it.

What I can remember however is that when Odemwingie was played on the wing, he did not defend and was lazy, whereas Berahino is a fairly useful, hard-working winger.

I find it a bit laughable that some people are saying how Berahino hasn't been one of our better players in the past 20+ years. In my lifetime the only players who I can think of on his level for us have been Odemwingie, Phillips and Lukaku. It's a pretty good bracket to be in with, and we do still need him, or at least the money. Making out that he's borderline average is wrong, he's a very good player hence the money that is associated with him.

Odemwingie could change games and frighten teams all on his own, I don't ever get the sense Saido does or ever could do that.

I hope he comes out and apologies, then gets his head down and starts again. I can't see our fans letting him now though.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:04:36 PM by wbasoprano »
Allllllll aboard

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #5297 on: September 12, 2015, 12:16:32 PM »
Odemwingie could change games and frighten teams all on his own, I don't ever get the sense Saido does or ever could do that.

I hope he comes out and apologies, then gets his head down and starts again. I can't see our fans letting him now though.

He should have apologised by now, but the fact the he hasn't doesn't suprise me

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5298 on: September 12, 2015, 12:25:56 PM »
What's the general consensus as to how we treat the little ball bag?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5299 on: September 12, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
What's the general consensus as to how we treat the little ball bag?

He's bound to get some stick from supporters. Personally I'll be ignoring him and I hope that any stick he does get it happens before kick off just for people to get it out of their system, getting on his back during the game and for a while wont be helping the team.