Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556484 times)

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5175 on: September 07, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »
Pulis playing politics in public won't help his position in the long term, subtle yet repeated digs at JP won't be going unnoticed either, especially after he was backed to the tune of £32million this summer (5th highest net spend in the league) and given more autonomy in the transfer market than any other Albion manager in the last decade.

Hopefully the beginning of the end - wishful thinking.

I think when JP appointed TP, he knew he was not getting a yes man, I can not see this affecting their working relationship, fortunately ;D, I think their is an honesty between the two men, differences in thought are accepted.
Baggie in Southampton

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5176 on: September 07, 2015, 01:45:24 PM »
Pulis and Peace ar eboth clever enough to have come up with this plan to get Berahino back on side, even if it means Pulis playing against Peace in this manner. TP makes Saido think that its all Peace's fault and he is on his side, play well for me and you will get your move in January.

Have to say this is what I thought too

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5177 on: September 07, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »
I see Tone's taking him and his mum out for dinner

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2015/09/07/tony-pulis-to-take-saido-berahino-and-his-mum-out-to-dinner-for-a-good-chat/?

Do they still do the toys with the 'Happy Meals'?

been seen outside Mcs carrying his box
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5178 on: September 07, 2015, 03:02:27 PM »
I see Tone's taking him and his mum out for dinner

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2015/09/07/tony-pulis-to-take-saido-berahino-and-his-mum-out-to-dinner-for-a-good-chat/?

Do they still do the toys with the 'Happy Meals'?

;D ;D That would be a waste of time, he'd throw them out of his pram. We should forget all this molly coddling with Berahino. He is a well paid 'professional'. We should fine him and warn him that unless he grows up and acts like a grown adult he will be demoted to the reserves for the rest of his contract . We will still get a fee for him because of his age once his contract runs out. Alternatively, we could  invite  him to buy out his contract out for £25m.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:04:47 PM by royhan »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5179 on: September 07, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »
I think when JP appointed TP, he knew he was not getting a yes man, I can not see this affecting their working relationship, fortunately ;D, I think their is an honesty between the two men, differences in thought are accepted.

So long as Pulis keep us in this league and JP doesn't sense that that position is in any danger Pulis will remain as manager as long as he wants to.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5180 on: September 07, 2015, 03:15:35 PM »
I've been thinking about this and given
a) he has been raised solely by his Mom and no doubt spoilt rotten by her,
b) he has had an exceptionally fortunate youth and no doubt again had everything he wants provided to him on a plate,

Its not that surprising that he is a egocentric, spoilt brat and whenever things do not go his way he throws a strop, I said after the drink driving incident that a Big Dave / Cyrille type of character should have been ear-marked to mentor him. Maybe TP is that mentor lets hope so because if not the next strop is not going to be far away.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5181 on: September 07, 2015, 03:31:10 PM »
Took part in the full training session today according to Sky, started at 2pm and ended just before 3.30pm.

Nice full days work there for the lads not on international duty
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5182 on: September 07, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »
I would imagine TP will take a firm line with Berahino, tell him in no uncertain terms that behaving like he has, makes it less likely to get a move than more likely, as his behaviour will put off certain suitors and JP will dig his heels in and demand top dollar, knowing he will get a tribunal fee after two years anyway.

Some of that of course is bluff, but, Berahino is clearly impatient, rotting in the stiffs for two years is not what wants.

The only real solution for both sides is for Berahino to keep his head down and play for a move, anything else makes little sense for all parties.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 03:36:37 PM by The Black Pearl »
Baggie in Southampton

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5183 on: September 07, 2015, 04:17:40 PM »
Took part in the full training session today according to Sky, started at 2pm and ended just before 3.30pm.

Nice full days work there for the lads not on international duty

Amazing stuff mate, Off on a 12 hour hour shift for peanuts.Crazy world some people live in and the money they earn.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5184 on: September 07, 2015, 04:31:03 PM »
Hope Pulis wears a suit tonight and not he's tracksuit and cap.

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5185 on: September 07, 2015, 04:44:32 PM »
I would have thought most of us on here would like to say more than allowed . I bring it down to spoiled brat that wants a kick up the derrière.

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #5186 on: September 07, 2015, 05:23:34 PM »
I would imagine TP will take a firm line with Berahino, tell him in no uncertain terms that behaving like he has, makes it less likely to get a move than more likely, as his behaviour will put off certain suitors and JP will dig his heels in and demand top dollar, knowing he will get a tribunal fee after two years anyway.

Some of that of course is bluff, but, Berahino is clearly impatient, rotting in the stiffs for two years is not what wants.

The only real solution for both sides is for Berahino to keep his head down and play for a move, anything else makes little sense for all parties.
Surely if Saido's contract was run down he would then be a free agent & we would not be eligible for any "tribunas fee"?

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5187 on: September 07, 2015, 05:29:05 PM »
Surely if Saido's contract was run down he would then be a free agent & we would not be eligible for any "tribunas fee"?

Due to his age we would. Same thing happened to Danny Ings when he left Burnley for Liverpool
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5188 on: September 07, 2015, 06:29:37 PM »
My heart bleeds for saido having to work for two hours today.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5189 on: September 07, 2015, 06:33:52 PM »
My heart bleeds for saido having to work for two hours today.

You don't know the half of it, he's on overtime as he's out with the boss tonight as well, hardly life 'enit
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5190 on: September 07, 2015, 07:40:53 PM »
Some of the quotes from tonight:

"Please sir, before entering you must take your cap off"

"Saido, you can only have a pudding if you finish your greens"

"Mrs Berahino, you have to understand that your son needs to work really aaaard to get back in the team"

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5191 on: September 07, 2015, 07:42:10 PM »
whats on the menu
Starters
Green Peace soup
Main
Hot Spuds
Desert
Humble Pie

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5192 on: September 07, 2015, 07:45:26 PM »
Has he had the back of his legs slapped yet?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5193 on: September 07, 2015, 08:35:51 PM »
I think TP is doing the right thing, and has the best chance of getting Saido back to doing what he does best. Of course it was stupid what he did, but it was done on the spur (sorry bout that!) of the moment after a disappointment, and how many people can say they always react to disappointments in a controlled and correct way. Once Saido gets this out of his system, he will be the most prolific scorer at the club. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5194 on: September 07, 2015, 08:38:03 PM »
As an alternative view, Saido just might have an argument or two in his favour:

He is our best player. In many jobs, the best person gets paid the most. If I looked around the dressing room and saw Lescott, Fletcher etc earning not saw more than me but tens of thousands more than me every week I might be annoyed. They only seem to be paid more because they have played at the top for years. When judged objectively on contribution over the last season (rather than over their time at Utd, City etc), Saido did as much or more and should be paid as much or more. Should he have been behind Brunt, Morrison, etc? Chances are that he earned less than Ideye, Sess or Vic despite contributing more than all of them. If we carried more bricks, stacked more shelves or sold more cars than our work mates, we would be upset if we earned less than them. He would also look at the U21s and see the likes of Harry Kane on £45k per week and wonder why he earns a third of that just because he is at Albion. His league and U21 record is as good as Kane so why earn a third of what Kane earns?

Also, we hear rumours that TP had sanctioned a move for him. Maybe he felt let down; even betrayed.

I know this isn't a popular view. He earns a fantastic salary by the standards of most Albion fans but maybe some will take it as food for thought. Also, money is all relative. If you told someone in Chad or Mozambique that you were quiting your £15k per year job because a fellow worker was earning £25k a year for doing the same job, they would be astonished as £15k is more than many will see in a life time. Whether it is £15k per week or £15k per year, if you feel cheated you feel cheated...

Awaiting abuse....

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5195 on: September 07, 2015, 08:45:26 PM »

He is our best player. In many jobs, the best person gets paid the most. If I looked around the dressing room and saw Lescott, Fletcher etc earning not saw more than me but tens of thousands more than me every week I might be annoyed. They only seem to be paid more because they have played at the top for years. When judged objectively on contribution over the last season (rather than over their time at Utd, City etc), Saido did as much or more and should be paid as much or more. Should he have been behind Brunt, Morrison, etc? Chances are that he earned less than Ideye, Sess or Vic despite contributing more than all of them. If we carried more bricks, stacked more shelves or sold more cars than our work mates, we would be upset if we earned less than them. He would also look at the U21s and see the likes of Harry Kane on £45k per week and wonder why he earns a third of that just because he is at Albion. His league and U21 record is as good as Kane so why earn a third of what Kane earns?

Also, we hear rumours that TP had sanctioned a move for him. Maybe he felt let down; even betrayed.

I know this isn't a popular view. He earns a fantastic salary by the standards of most Albion fans but maybe some will take it as food for thought. Also, money is all relative. If you told someone in Chad or Mozambique that you were quiting your £15k per year job because a fellow worker was earning £25k a year for doing the same job, they would be astonished as £15k is more than many will see in a life time. Whether it is £15k per week or £15k per year, if you feel cheated you feel cheated...

Awaiting abuse....
Well said, key word here is 'relative' - applies in all works of life.
We all need to get over this quickly and get behind the team and Saido so he gets us the goals again.

Sum it up - Ideye Sess and Anichebe all paid a lot more, but Saido kept us up so they can still earn top dollar.

BewdleyBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5196 on: September 07, 2015, 10:33:18 PM »
Does anyone believe that Spurs threw in Townsend and Fazio as part of the deal on the last day? First i have heard of it. Fazio didn't come over terms so how could they "throw" him in?

The media always like to show the big clubs in a favourable light.

This guy has the two players as a loan only.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/07/report-west-brom-missed-out-on-fazio-and-townsend-pulis-left-fru/?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5197 on: September 07, 2015, 11:14:18 PM »

Awaiting abuse....
Your logic is based on "In many jobs" and football is anything but a typical job, as seen by the potential pay-rise and holiday rather than getting the sack which would be a standard response for such behaviour.
By the same token, the reason why he doesn't get paid more is because he is in the footballing industry, which allows for unusual wages at the same time.

For instance, right now there will be a wonder-kid in the Dutch 3rd division or something on £1k p/w, who would be a top championship player - but he is on 10 X less than the average championship player. The main two reasons why he's underpaid would be due to A) A bad agent. B) His age.

I believe the reason Berahino is on £14k p/w is because he signed that deal at a young age and possibly bad negotiating with Peace.
In short, I agree with you; in terms of his performance last year, he should be on more money. However as pointed out, he is in an industry when talent doesn't always get paid most.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5198 on: September 08, 2015, 12:01:51 AM »
I'm sure he was more than chuffed when his weekly wage jumped from hundreds of pounds a week to 14,000. He just wasn't patient enough to wait for his deserved reward from OUR club.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5199 on: September 08, 2015, 09:18:21 AM »
Morrison will have a few words i hear :)