Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556486 times)

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5025 on: September 04, 2015, 09:38:20 PM »
Here's what Gareth Southgate had to say http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3222374/Gareth-Southgate-trusts-Manchester-United-develop-James-Wilson-England-21s-boss-hails-Saido-Berahino-potential.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I.e, not a lot!

Berahino appeared to suggest via social media he would not play for the club again after the Baggies denied him a deadline-day move to Tottenham.

'You speak as you find people and Saido was super for us,' he added.

'We enjoyed his personality and his football for us. He has a lot of potential.

'I'm sure he will sort things out with West Brom, I'm sure he will play for Tony and get on with him.'
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

macc_baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5026 on: September 04, 2015, 10:41:57 PM »
were on here as anyone said he owes us more than any other of our kids who have come through the ranks? i havent seen it. he is an ungrateful little git and i would feel the same about any other player coming through the ranks if they behaved the way he has. he as a privileged lifestyle and just abuses the people who have given him that lifestyle.

There were  few comments that related that with his unbringing in Burundi and escape from the civil war there, that suggested that because of that he owes us more than usual.

I don't disagree for a second that he's behaviour is a big middle finger up at a club that have supported him from a young age. I just feel it shouldn't be related to anything other than him being a bit of a n*b, rather than his background.

I think everyone on here can agree that his actions are reprehensible.

some of us don't see it like that .lets go to basics . This lad has been at the Albion 11 years . This is his 3rd full seasonin the first team so his career is in its enfancy . For the first 8 years of being with us I would say a lot of time and input has gone in from the club . Since he has made the big time his antics have been of a spoilt brat . There were problems when he was loaned out , we had the stupid laughing gas incident and then of course his drink driving conviction . He's been on the naughty step last year and there are rumours that he ain't all that well liked in the dressing room , particularly from the senior players there . So all in all this spoiled brat does owe the club , because in any other profession he would have had the sack .

I agree in any other profession he would have (or at least should have) had the sack by now. Sadly professional football is a different kettle of fish - the value of players as liquid assets is too high to be able to sack them and treat them like you or I would be in the workplace (Anelka is a bit of an exception for being mind bendingly stupid).

Sadly it's a business now, players are treated like assets, and thus a lot of them probably have less attachments to the club as they might have 15-20 years ago. Changing times changing attitudes, and not really for the better.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 10:46:54 PM by macc_baggie »

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5027 on: September 04, 2015, 10:58:03 PM »
Odemwingie, Anelka and Berahino - we are masters of signing prats of the first order. Poor JP has had a lot of sh.t. to sort out. No wonder he spends so much time abroad.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5028 on: September 04, 2015, 11:15:58 PM »
Odemwingie, Anelka and Berahino - we are masters of signing prats of the first order. Poor JP has had a lot of sh.t. to sort out. No wonder he spends so much time abroad.
Pete got three against the dingles and represented a great return on what we paid
Anelka was world class
Said one cost nowt, scored loads and will return a min of 15-20m profit

We ain't done to bad
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5029 on: September 05, 2015, 12:03:07 AM »
I would let Pulis try and reason with him. He is too valuable to throw into the reserves etc. We can sort him out without some of the suggestions mentioned. He will know how stupid he has been a d hopefully will buckle down and continue with WBA. There is no point in throwing a good player on the scrapheap, so let's get his mind back on track so that he can be the player we know he can be. When he returns to 1st team duty please don't  treat him like someone who has killed someone. He is human after all. Has anyone found out when he was pictured in that plane, if it was a plane?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5030 on: September 05, 2015, 12:18:19 AM »
Pete got three against the dingles and represented a great return on what we paid
Anelka was world class
Said one cost nowt, scored loads and will return a min of 15-20m profit

We ain't done to bad
Anelka world class? was he?

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5031 on: September 05, 2015, 12:22:05 AM »
I would let Pulis try and reason with him. He is too valuable to throw into the reserves etc. We can sort him out without some of the suggestions mentioned. He will know how stupid he has been a d hopefully will buckle down and continue with WBA. There is no point in throwing a good player on the scrapheap, so let's get his mind back on track so that he can be the player we know he can be. When he returns to 1st team duty please don't  treat him like someone who has killed someone. He is human after all. Has anyone found out when he was pictured in that plane, if it was a plane?
doesn't deserve to be sorted out he is a tw!t end of! well he does deserve to be sorted out but not the way you mean!!!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5032 on: September 05, 2015, 12:25:44 AM »
Too much vitriol.
Let the process through management sort him out.
If, as we all can see he is too far up himself, he should be made aware that he is only worth 5 million a year according to his "hero" Levy.
Then he will be sent down the road of "past it" footballers.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5033 on: September 05, 2015, 01:59:42 AM »
I think the real thing that separates Saido from the aforementioned players is....I believe that his antics have cut deeper into the flesh of Albion supporters that any other. We all bought into his 'story' and the struggles both he and family have faced, and were (to some extent) proud that the 'Albion family' have nurtured him and evolved his talents and were proud to call him 'one of us'. His plane photo just finally hit home just what a little prick he is. I'm certainly not in the deluded bracket - and appreciate we may well get a substantial sum when he leaves....it's just such a shame it will be with a sour taste in our mouths. I don't think it is unfair to say that his actions (understandably) will be regarded as treacherous towards the fans that spent so much energy and time in supporting him. I just think he's a jumped up little crunt, and the sooner we get a few goals out of him, smile and patronise him, then get shot in the Jan window the better.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5034 on: September 05, 2015, 06:09:42 AM »
Anelka world class? was he?

Not when he was here he wasn't.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5035 on: September 05, 2015, 07:15:44 AM »
What do these three have in common in their backgrounds that made them turn into first class, classless, ars*holes?
Just asking like
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5036 on: September 05, 2015, 08:16:33 AM »
Too much vitriol.
Let the process through management sort him out.
If, as we all can see he is too far up himself, he should be made aware that he is only worth 5 million a year according to his "hero" Levy.
Then he will be sent down the road of "past it" footballers.

Spurs were willing to pay Berahino £100k a weeek? No wonder he went balistic.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5037 on: September 05, 2015, 08:38:27 AM »
Spurs were willing to pay Berahino £100k a weeek? No wonder he went balistic.

What's that got to do with it?
He signed a contract at the Albion for whatever he was on a week.
If he or his advisers were unhappy with the contract they shouldn't have signed it.
About time somebody stood up to these primadonas, there's rules in life for them as well as us mortals.

apple

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5038 on: September 05, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
   This whole fiasco has been underhandedly conducted by spurs from the start. lt was common knowledge that they were after him about 2mths ago,yet a bid was not recieved until 10days before the window was shutting
   As he is under contract to us, and the bids were turned down, it is surely illegal for them to have offered him anything, tottenham should be bought to book if that is the case, yet l doubt they will.
   Personally, l think it is going to be impossible to sort this mess out amicably, as l cant see the supporters ever forgiving him, l think he has to go ASAP.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5039 on: September 05, 2015, 09:02:08 AM »
I still don't think he is going to play. He might be a great finisher and is working hard on his all round game but where does he fit into the way (we suspect) Pulis is going to play? In my opinion, we are likely to set up defensively with Rondon a lone striker, Lambert will feed off him if he chooses to play two up front and we have Gnarby/McManaman/McClean wide. Pulis doesn't suffer idiots lightly, preferring disciplined professionals and a good team ethic. Berahino might find himself lucky to make appearances off the bench.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5040 on: September 05, 2015, 09:16:01 AM »
What's that got to do with it?
He signed a contract at the Albion for whatever he was on a week.
If he or his advisers were unhappy with the contract they shouldn't have signed it.
About time somebody stood up to these primadonas, there's rules in life for them as well as us mortals.

I was being flippant, but........

FC's put players on contracts not only to give the player some security, but also to give the player a value. Berahino's current contract is allegedly £14,000 per week until July 1st 2017. As someone else has said, the players are considered assets of the FC, & it appears that WBAFC capitalize the players wages, and then write down the value over the period of the contract, For example if we give a player a contract worth £40k per week over a 4 year period, the player is worth £8million the first year, £6million the second year and so on.
Based on Berahino's current contract, his value is about £1.4million, however, we were allegedly about to offer him an improved contract, which would probably been equivalant to the Spurs offer, which I understood was around £50k per week & I guess they would have offered him a 4 year deal. So that would have put his value at around £10million. Obviously, these figures only represent the values a buying club would have to pay to buy out the contract, the selling club would add additional values to the transfer fee, depending on "market forces".
Sorry it's a bit long winded, but I just wanted to demonstrate that your argument of a player seeing out his contract just doesn't hold water, if it suits the club to sell it will. It just didn't suit WBAFC to sell at this time, wether, it was the correct decision remains to be seen.

As far as Berahino is concerned, he's not going to be bothered about how much his transfer fee is, but if he can see an increase in wages from £14k per week to £50k per week he's going to want a piece of the action, & I can see why he went into a strop. Personally, I think he went about it totally the wrong way, & caused himself and the FC more problems that it solved.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5041 on: September 05, 2015, 09:21:08 AM »
I still don't think he is going to play. He might be a great finisher and is working hard on his all round game but where does he fit into the way (we suspect) Pulis is going to play? In my opinion, we are likely to set up defensively with Rondon a lone striker, Lambert will feed off him if he chooses to play two up front and we have Gnarby/McManaman/McClean wide. Pulis doesn't suffer idiots lightly, preferring disciplined professionals and a good team ethic. Berahino might find himself lucky to make appearances off the bench.

Take all that on board, but if WBA freeze him out, we're not going to sell him. It's my bet that WBA will do everything they can to protect the integrity of the Chairman.
I can't see us getting £25million for him now anyway, but we have to get a deal that's seen as a win for the Chairman

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5042 on: September 05, 2015, 09:39:19 AM »
Am I the only one to feel sorry for poor Saido and all the stick he's getting?  :(

We need to support him I feel, this is a tough time for the kid. He's been excellent for us the past year, let's not forget that. Pulis will sit him down and get him back on board.

This must be a wind up surely ?

I didn't like Berahino the person anyway now I cannot bear to look at him. Can't think of too many players I can say that about in going up there for 30 years.

This has nothing to do with money for me now it's the principle. I will take a very dim view of it if we integrate him back into the squad.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5043 on: September 05, 2015, 09:56:48 AM »
What are the odds of him signing a new and improved contract in a few weeks /months time?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5044 on: September 05, 2015, 09:57:44 AM »
I can't see him ever playing for us again, how must the players feel?

I was saying yesterday i fear for his safety if he is seen out and about.
Ok he had set his heart on a move, but everyone has disappointments in life and they get over them. His move will come eventually.
But to do what he did in the first instance was totally naive and unjustified, he behave like a small child who dropped an ice cream.
What he did after on the jet was nasty and  calculated to alienate him from the club and fans even more. What does he think it is going to achieve? If he doesn't play for us he doesn't play for anyone.

He wasn't at the front of the queue when they gave the brains out.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5045 on: September 05, 2015, 09:59:33 AM »

Maybe Pulis can be good cop to Peace's bad cop, but I really hope we can manage without him.  Having said that, even if its off the bench he can help get us points, but we really do need to sell him in Jan.  Unforunately, Spurs/whoever will be aware of this.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5046 on: September 05, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »
I think we all know that if we are going to get real money for SB then he needs to play again, and give it a week or two there will be a big love in, a few carefully worded statements from both the club and his mum, and he will play for us again..........

Personally I am surprised he didn't do an Odemwonga and drive down to White Tart lane on deadline day...... oh wait a minute, he's banned for drink driving!

Silly me.
MAGA!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5047 on: September 05, 2015, 10:43:19 AM »

Personally I am surprised he didn't do an Odemwonga and drive down to White Tart lane on deadline day...... oh wait a minute, he's banned for drink driving!

He really is a prat of a person isn't he? It's not like my vitriol against him is revenge for "hurting" Albion, he's done about 5 things that make him a prat and he's only just turned 22.

We really do need rid of him, it's a huge shame Spurs didn't offer £30mill max, full of incentives and £10m upfront. Then we'd have saved face and sold him, everyone wins.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5048 on: September 05, 2015, 10:55:12 AM »
He really is a prat of a person isn't he? It's not like my vitriol against him is revenge for "hurting" Albion, he's done about 5 things that make him a prat and he's only just turned 22.

We really do need rid of him, it's a huge shame Spurs didn't offer £30mill max, full of incentives and £10m upfront. Then we'd have saved face and sold him, everyone wins.

Agreed

I suspect the fact that he is banned is the only thing that stopped him driving down there TBH......his mum could have taken him I guess  ;D
MAGA!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5049 on: September 05, 2015, 11:23:02 AM »
Am I the only one to feel sorry for poor Saido and all the stick he's getting?  :(

We need to support him I feel, this is a tough time for the kid. He's been excellent for us the past year, let's not forget that. Pulis will sit him down and get him back on board.

Defo a wind up or a touch of insanity  8)