Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556286 times)

slugga1

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #5000 on: September 04, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »
Am I the only one to feel sorry for poor Saido and all the stick he's getting?  :(

We need to support him I feel, this is a tough time for the kid. He's been excellent for us the past year, let's not forget that. Pulis will sit him down and get him back on board.

I felt sorry for him,  when he first had a strop but after 20 seconds realised he is an ungrateful little what's name..  Then after the plane pic he became from a little what's name, to an arrogant,  little $hit.

The thing is the first tweet was instinctive and hot headed, the pic was a conscious decision to wind up the club and fans.  He can F right off now in my eyes. 
I'm sure he will play again and will get his move but I can't forgive his behaviour now. I hope we get loads for him then he goes down the pan somewhere else. Karma.
Tony Pulis is ...The Equaliser

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5001 on: September 04, 2015, 03:23:45 PM »
Am I the only one to feel sorry for poor Saido and all the stick he's getting?  :(
Yes.
"This crack is really moreish."

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5002 on: September 04, 2015, 03:26:33 PM »

We need to support him I feel, this is a tough time for the kid. He's been excellent for us the past year, let's not forget that. Pulis will sit him down and get him back on board.

He can go and join your mate Alan in the garden :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5003 on: September 04, 2015, 03:33:51 PM »
Odemwingie thought he was bigger than 'little ole' West Brom' this creep feels the same.
He'll end up in a similar situation to Pete, sideways move then obscurity.

Odemwingie from what I remember wanted a longer contract, we didn't offer it him so he wanted to go somewhere that would offer him that which happened to be QPR. He was talented enough to find a club even after his contract expired but got drunk and tweeted garbage. SB just decided he's too big for us and wanted more money.

AshD

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5004 on: September 04, 2015, 03:52:29 PM »

A tough time is struggling to find a job whilst having bills to pay and mouths to feed...or families trying to flee war torn countries.

Berahino has a life most of us could only dream of...professional footballer, earns more in a year than many do in a lifetime, the glamour, the lifestyle...yet at the age of 22 hes thrown his toys out the pram and shown complete disrespect to the club who have helped get him to this stage, and to the supporters who have chanted his name week in week out!

He deserves every ounce of stick that he gets!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5005 on: September 04, 2015, 03:53:20 PM »
Snake on a plane, he may well be regretting his actions now, especially when he has got so much criticism from the professional ranks, but, who knows, to be honest, he is such an arrogant little tw@t, he may just be doing what he thinks is best for him.

If he comes out and apologises and gives 100%, I will tolerate him until he is sold.
Baggie in Southampton

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5006 on: September 04, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »
remember even his fellow pros at west brom took the pee out of him by tweeting their own picture on a plane
If anything he must realize everyone is against him

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5007 on: September 04, 2015, 04:00:07 PM »
remember even his fellow pros at west brom took the pee out of him by tweeting their own picture on a plane
If anything he must realize everyone is against him

Apart from his Mum and agent
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

The Stroller

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5008 on: September 04, 2015, 04:09:45 PM »
He [Berahino] left long-time agent Aidy Ward, who hit notoriety for his role in Raheem Sterling's £49million move to Manchester City this summer, to join the Stellar Group - a firm fronted by agents David Manasseh and Jonathan Barnett, who were at the centre of Gareth Bale's world-record transfer to Real Madrid.

The split with Ward was amicable but Berahino felt the change was necessary to facilitate his wish to leave the Hawthorns.

Indeed, Stellar are known to have close links with Tottenham, in particular Daniel Levy - seemingly paving the way for a move to north London.
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3220144/Saido-Berahino-blame-failed-West-Brom-Tottenham.html
According to the article, Aidy Ward had lined up bids from Man City and Newcastle, and would probably have got the deal across the line. Sounds like Stellar cocked it up, for whatever reason, by failing to engineer the situation to everyone's satisfaction.

No wonder Saido got frustrated when the move collapsed! He should have stayed with Ward. Now he's stuck with agents that are too close to Spurs, which may narrow his options. If Levy goes cold on dealing with Albion, then Saido is in a corner.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5009 on: September 04, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »

Can I ask why you feel sorry for him?

Not on a wind-up, just interested in trying to see the other side of the coin.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5010 on: September 04, 2015, 04:22:11 PM »

And me.
He's an asset to the club and like any other player will be backed on the pitch by me.
When he leaves which he will like all other players I move on and give support to who ever takes his place

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5011 on: September 04, 2015, 04:31:48 PM »
One thing I did notice from the Snake on a Plane pic, Saido is loosing his hair very quickly, he may not want to play Peace, but he will soon be competing on the baldy stakes!
Baggie in Southampton

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5012 on: September 04, 2015, 04:40:57 PM »

I think this is quite telling and it is a pity if he hasn't anyone who understands his needs and that he can turn to and trust with his professional issues.

When it comes to tantrums I find some of the responses to his behaviour a little hypocritical.

Just an opinion.
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5013 on: September 04, 2015, 04:45:53 PM »
Look at how Odemwingie was treated by the fans after his outburst. It was detrimental to the side as results proved. The best we can do as fans is support the side regardless of whether he plays or not. Booing isn't going to help anyone.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Northfield-Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5014 on: September 04, 2015, 05:43:25 PM »
In regards to the plane pic, Berahino may aswell as held an Albion shirt up and set it on fire.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5015 on: September 04, 2015, 06:59:45 PM »
He's not as stupid as he clearly tries to make out. The picture he posted yesterday was looks as though it was intended to alienate himself from the supporters even further although it was hardly necessary, him subsequently removing the pictures will have been done after being told to by his advisors as it made him look bad personally.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #5016 on: September 04, 2015, 07:00:21 PM »

Don't forget God  :-*
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5017 on: September 04, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »
Look at how Odemwingie was treated by the fans after his outburst. It was detrimental to the side as results proved. The best we can do as fans is support the side regardless of whether he plays or not. Booing isn't going to help anyone.

Its just a shame he had to make that tweet essentially threatening to strike. If it hadn't been for that the situation was fairly easily retrievable with regards to getting him back in the team and playing but as you point out now him being in the squad will be detrimental to the team at least for an initial period.

I personally think the best action from a supporter standpoint is to completely ignore him personally if you can and just get fully behind the team.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5018 on: September 04, 2015, 08:03:31 PM »
In regards to the plane pic, Berahino may aswell as held an Albion shirt up and set it on fire.
Please. Explain how a pic of someone on a plane can possibly be the same as setting fire to a shirt?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5019 on: September 04, 2015, 08:21:43 PM »
Can I ask why you feel sorry for him?

Not on a wind-up, just interested in trying to see the other side of the coin.

I feel he had his heart set on playing for Spurs and had his dream disappear so he reacted badly but he is still a kid and he will learn from this. Pulis will get him to play.
the regime don't like it man

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5020 on: September 04, 2015, 08:34:10 PM »
I feel he had his heart set on playing for Spurs and had his dream disappear so he reacted badly but he is still a kid and he will learn from this. Pulis will get him to play.

He's not a kid, he's a 22 year old man

Northfield-Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5021 on: September 04, 2015, 08:56:39 PM »
Please. Explain how a pic of someone on a plane can possibly be the same as setting fire to a shirt?

It's not someone. It's Saido 'Ballotelli' Berahino. I think most people see the absolute disregard and arrogance that picture expressess and disrespect to Albion fans everywhere after his infant performance.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5022 on: September 04, 2015, 09:01:47 PM »
He's not a kid, he's a 22 year old man

I'd argue that point, he's a 22 year old kid
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #5023 on: September 04, 2015, 09:03:47 PM »
I'd argue that point, he's a 22 year old kid

Fair point but i'd argue he's just a spoilt brat who happens to be 22, came to this country with nothing and so should be happy with what he's got.

Its a pity that footballers don't want to move to win trophies anymore, money seems more important to them.