Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556525 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #4725 on: September 02, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »
I would love that more than leaving him to rot in the stiffs!

I doubt there is enough there to do it legally unfortunately.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4726 on: September 02, 2015, 10:53:40 AM »
Needs to knuckle down otherwise he will end up at just a different club on the same level for 10 million or so in January.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4727 on: September 02, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »
Needs to knuckle down otherwise he will end up at just a different club on the same level for 10 million or so in January.

i would take 10 million now for him, the disruption this is going to cause. it could be our downfall
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4728 on: September 02, 2015, 10:56:14 AM »

Who is going to pay that kind of money for an unprofessional whiny little bitch like this? Even Spurs were only willing to put £5m down up front as they know all the issues he's had in the past so didn't want to risk much on him.

He's effectively worthless to us now.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4729 on: September 02, 2015, 10:56:18 AM »
Amazing how we're complaining about Berahino being childish but at the same time want to ruin his career or have him rot in the reserves for 2 years as some kind of retaliation\punishment.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4730 on: September 02, 2015, 10:57:25 AM »
Who is going to pay that kind of money for an unprofessional whiny little bitch like this? Even Spurs were only willing to put £5m down up front as they know all the issues he's had in the past so didn't want to risk much on him.
Spurs were still willing to pay £23m, the installments were spread out over 5 years.   The money was still getting paid unless you're saying the deal was £5m and the entire rest of it was based on his behaviour or how he plays?  You don't get a new iphone on contract and say your phone is only worth £39 because that's what you had to put down on it.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4731 on: September 02, 2015, 10:57:45 AM »
Amazing how we're complaining about Berahino being childish but at the same time want to ruin his career or have him rot in the reserves for 2 years as some kind of retaliation\punishment.

he knee jerked, so are the fans !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4732 on: September 02, 2015, 10:59:35 AM »

He's ruined his own career with that tweet. He needs to look in the mirror and realise that big clubs wont take the risk on him for big money because of his own reputation not anything the club have done and he's made that 10x worse yesterday. Pulis said he needed protection, like most young players he's been protected far too much from the real world.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4733 on: September 02, 2015, 11:00:16 AM »
put him in trainning with the kids till grows up .

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4734 on: September 02, 2015, 11:00:44 AM »
True, it's not surprising either.  We love the club and to have someone behave like Berahino is a bit like being slapped in the face and it's easy to take it personally.  He's an employee with no loyalty and wants only what's best for him.  The club needs to make the best of a bad situation here.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4735 on: September 02, 2015, 11:01:28 AM »

i wouldnt call it knee jerk on the fans part, hes consistant in causing trouble
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Red Socks

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4736 on: September 02, 2015, 11:02:54 AM »
"Not chase the money" what is this kid taking? From what I have seen of your team you have just as much potential as Spurs, and thats from a Wolves fan  8) Good footballer but no respect for a club who have made him into a decent player.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4737 on: September 02, 2015, 11:03:06 AM »
He's ruined his own career with that tweet. He needs to look in the mirror and realise that big clubs wont take the risk on him for big money because of his own reputation not anything the club have done and he's made that 10x worse yesterday. Pulis said he needed protection, like most young players he's been protected far too much from the real world.
He hasn't ruined anything though.  He's made a stupid tweet that will be completely ignored by any buying club.  Players have done far worse than that and moved to bigger clubs.  In a way it's just wishful thinking that'll he'll come unstuck and then we can say "ha, remember it was better at Albion!". 

He's young, he'll score goals, and come January he'll be off for £15m to a bigger club.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4738 on: September 02, 2015, 11:03:41 AM »
put him in trainning with the kids till grows up .

Wouldn't want him poisoning other youngsters minds.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4739 on: September 02, 2015, 11:05:12 AM »
Yeah i just used that figure as a rough idea, Maybe a six or so million pound move to Norwich or someone like that if he dont book hes ides up. I just wonder if he is going to burn all hes bridges with us before leaving.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4740 on: September 02, 2015, 11:07:16 AM »
For me its obvious what has happened.

Spurs turn his head with delusions of grandeur, they make him put in a transfer request, then when they think they have us over barrel they meet JP who flatly refuses and rightly so the derisory offer made. They then get him to tweet what he did effectively alienating him from the fans and the club and bringing his stock down so that come January they get him for 10-12 million less just to get him out of the club.

Levy has played well here.......
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4741 on: September 02, 2015, 11:08:24 AM »
Loan to Bujumbura rovers (capital of burundi) might be what is required here.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4742 on: September 02, 2015, 11:11:08 AM »
He hasn't ruined anything though.  He's made a stupid tweet that will be completely ignored by any buying club.  Players have done far worse than that and moved to bigger clubs.  In a way it's just wishful thinking that'll he'll come unstuck and then we can say "ha, remember it was better at Albion!". 

He's young, he'll score goals, and come January he'll be off for £15m to a bigger club.

His reaction to not getting his own way was childish and downright pathetic. He's now got a lot of fans against him, fans that have already done all they can to overlook his previous indiscretions of which there have been a fair few.

I've already said it there are no winners after all of this, we have a player who clearly won't give his all and even if he did a lot of supporters will be on his back from the off and that will have a negative affect on his game. Only Spurs made offers to our knowledge and they were absolutely pathetic, he needs to ask himself why Spurs were only willing to pay £5m up front for him. Spurs have not come out of this well either looking very amateur in their dealings.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4743 on: September 02, 2015, 11:11:58 AM »

Spurs turn his head with delusions of grandeur, they make him put in a transfer request, then when they think they have us over barrel they meet JP who flatly refuses and rightly so the derisory offer made. They then get him to tweet what he did effectively alienating him from the fans and the club and bringing his stock down so that come January they get him for 10-12 million less just to get him out of the club.

What will they do in January offer £1m up front and expect us to accept it? Will be the same situation again then in my opinion.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4744 on: September 02, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »

He's effectively worthless to us now.

Man City paid a lot more for Sterling
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4745 on: September 02, 2015, 11:13:25 AM »
Shame they didn't want Saido then.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4746 on: September 02, 2015, 11:28:14 AM »
His reaction to not getting his own way was childish and downright pathetic. He's now got a lot of fans against him, fans that have already done all they can to overlook his previous indiscretions of which there have been a fair few.

I've already said it there are no winners after all of this, we have a player who clearly won't give his all and even if he did a lot of supporters will be on his back from the off and that will have a negative affect on his game. Only Spurs made offers to our knowledge and they were absolutely pathetic, he needs to ask himself why Spurs were only willing to pay £5m up front for him. Spurs have not come out of this well either looking very amateur in their dealings.
I agree, he's been pathetic and childish, and that the bids were laughable, and that turning them down is the correct thing to do - Spurs have behaved appallingly.  I just don't see how being equally as childish with Berahino is going to do West Bromwich Albion any good.

Sticking him in the reserves or sacking him will do nothing but lower his value to the club.  Playing him, and getting him scoring goals will increase his value and help us survive.  If you put a logical hat on it's obvious what the best option for Albion is, no matter how distasteful it is.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4747 on: September 02, 2015, 11:30:11 AM »
I agree, he's been pathetic and childish, and that the bids were laughable, and that turning them down is the correct thing to do - Spurs have behaved appallingly.  I just don't see how being equally as childish with Berahino is going to do West Bromwich Albion any good.

Sticking him in the reserves or sacking him will do nothing but lower his value to the club.  Playing him, and getting him scoring goals will increase his value and help us survive.  If you put a logical hat on it's obvious what the best option for Albion is, no matter how distasteful it is.

what we need is for Spurs to really struggle to score goals now and have a terrible run upto the January window, that will put the pressure on Levy to get the deal done and JP will be in a better position.

if Spurs have a good run however and Saido is still in a strop we don't have much of a bargaining tool

johnwilliamso20

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4748 on: September 02, 2015, 11:36:17 AM »

I can't imagine Peace doing business with Spurs (unless the fee is what he wants) purely out of principle.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4749 on: September 02, 2015, 11:39:18 AM »
Pat Murphy has said we plan on fining him and he has a meeting with Pulis and other key figures on Friday to try and get him back on board.