Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556491 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #4700 on: September 02, 2015, 10:07:13 AM »
If he's good enough it wont make one iota of difference, somebody will sign him, maybe a big club.
Man City signed Sterling after his out burst
Balotelli had a scrap with Mancini and ended up at Liverpool
Rooney's had his outburst at Man U

Sterling just wanted to go but I dont remember him throwing his toys out of the pram and tweeting the chairman of Liverpool directly telling them he can officially say he will not play, nor do I remember Rooney doing that either. No they have got on with their games and got their heads down.

Balotelli on his day is better than anything Berahino can produce but he also has a bad attitude, bombed out of every club for being an idiot now probably earning less money than he has been and lets face it on his last chance at a decent club again and in need of growing up, Berahino could do with realising that if he hadnt made those tweets, accepted the fact that Spurs were not really after him or rated him highly enough to match our valuation of him and instead got his head down and produced another 20 goal season he would most definitely get a move too a top top club and not Spurs who are in the same bracket as we are as in they wont finish top4 and are as likely as winning something as us.

Somebody will sign him but it wont be a big club and lets say for one minute he is signed by a big club like I said he will become a 4th choice striker who will be brought in not for talent or persona but for quota's and then loaned out to several clubs and becoming their problem for the season.

The lad has ruined himself here and he will have no support from me

Id let him rot, he hasnt cost us anything as he came through the academy so we are not in theory losing anything by not selling him.

Yes this may seem harsh on the lad but its about time some players were taught lessons the hard way, if he doesnt want to play then he doesnt want to get paid, he cant do any other job whilst contracted to us or sign for anyone else so he will be destroying his own career.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4701 on: September 02, 2015, 10:10:42 AM »
I have just read this on another site.

Do you know his Mother even went to the club to discuss it?  :o :o

what waiving and pointing her brolley
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4702 on: September 02, 2015, 10:10:59 AM »
fully agree dont want to see him in an albion shirt again
While I understand where you are both coming from all that will do is make the club look bad and lower his value which goes against the very reason JP wouldn't let him go.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4703 on: September 02, 2015, 10:12:38 AM »
As the window has closed and this is the Transfer Forum the Saido debate on his actions has been moved to the main board

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=2906.0

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4704 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:33 AM »
I genuinely thought he had grown up under Pulis, a few told me I was misguided (WorcsWBA mainly!).How right you all were.
None of us could have known how he would react but, once he'd asked for a transfer, his previous childish and disruptive behaviour made me suspicious that he might not be capable of being adult and professional enough to handle the transfer not going through. That's proven to be the case so far and now the club has a difficult task on its hands.

Ultimately, however, what happens going forward is primarily up to Berahino. He needs to learn, quickly, that childish tantrums, in addition to inhaling dodgy substances and speeding convictions, can only harm his standing in football and could potentially prevent bigger clubs coming in for him one day. He needs to get his act together quickly, otherwise it'll be him who loses out in the long run, as well as us.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4705 on: September 02, 2015, 10:15:20 AM »
I'm just waiting for PFA Chiwf Exec Gordon Taylor to stick his nose in and back SB...

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4706 on: September 02, 2015, 10:21:04 AM »
Different sport obviously but Roger Federer was known to a petulant angry kid on court before he became a class act. How many of us can say we haven't said or done things we ought to regret. Shame it's all so public with Twitter.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4707 on: September 02, 2015, 10:27:30 AM »
Different sport obviously but Roger Federer was known to a petulant angry kid on court before he became a class act. How many of us can say we haven't said or done things we ought to regret. Shame it's all so public with Twitter.
I certainly have , but then I learnt from it and didn't do it again...and again ..and again.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4708 on: September 02, 2015, 10:30:22 AM »

Its right in the balance for me mate, On one hand the kid has high potential excuse the pun who is the last to leave the training ground most days and constantly wants to improve. The other side is he is racking up quite a rap sheet in terms of ill discipline and poor attitude and has the ability to alienate a dressing room very sharpish indeed.

Will follow hes career with interest just out of curiosity but if i had to make a call at this moment in time i think he will reach the levels of a mid table team for how long im unsure but very few if any England caps as they just wont want to entertain hes sort of character.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4709 on: September 02, 2015, 10:32:57 AM »
Some of us learn by our mistakes. Others never will.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 01:11:28 PM by costa blanca baggie »
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4710 on: September 02, 2015, 10:35:42 AM »
For me, the kid will never make it as a top class striker.

He has had more than enough chances to learn from his mistakes, messed up on all his loan moves, took a beating from Mozza, drink driving, hippie crack, then the whole transfer and twitter malarky.

There is a right way to go about things and he hasnt done it. Look at Austin for a prime example, kept his mouth shut when people were questioning his fitness and just got on with his football.

This is the exact reason he never got a chance with the England team whilst there, his attitude is that of a spoilt little brat who expects to get his own way.

He has an arogance about him which is disgusting, I would happily watch him rot in the reserves just to waste a year of his career, the boy thinks he deserves the world, but hasnt got the attitude to get anywhere near were he should be.

He will always be a short trip away from his next episode.

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4711 on: September 02, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
You could put a different spin on the tweet he could be saying he's not going to play peace like he played levy....I doubt it though  ::)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4712 on: September 02, 2015, 10:38:11 AM »
For me, the kid will never make it as a top class striker.

He has had more than enough chances to learn from his mistakes, messed up on all his loan moves, took a beating from Mozza, drink driving, hippie crack, then the whole transfer and twitter malarky.

There is a right way to go about things and he hasnt done it. Look at Austin for a prime example, kept his mouth shut when people were questioning his fitness and just got on with his football.

This is the exact reason he never got a chance with the England team whilst there, his attitude is that of a spoilt little brat who expects to get his own way.

He has an arogance about him which is disgusting, I would happily watch him rot in the reserves just to waste a year of his career, the boy thinks he deserves the world, but hasnt got the attitude to get anywhere near were he should be.

He will always be a short trip away from his next episode.

Well said, Them last two paragraphs are hard hitting for anyone who has ability but not the correct attitude.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4713 on: September 02, 2015, 10:39:38 AM »
I can't excuse anything he did but Albion are a better team with him in.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4714 on: September 02, 2015, 10:41:54 AM »
 fully support peace , everton had a similar situation the difference being their player stones is a grown up and not a  spoiled brat.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4715 on: September 02, 2015, 10:42:18 AM »
I'm just waiting for PFA Chiwf Exec Gordon Taylor to stick his nose in and back SB...

is he the only one so far to back him because lets face it hes pretty much going too anyway

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4716 on: September 02, 2015, 10:44:26 AM »
I can't excuse anything he did but Albion are a better team with him in.

Team is the key word here,

I reckon this could galvanise our team (minus SB !), the professionals and longer term players will not like this one bit and will want to prove a point IMO (I hope)

TP can go 1 of 2 ways with this,
a) I've tried you clearly don't respect the club, colleagues, me, so see you later, or
b) silly boy, you need loving i get it, we will make it all ok for you,

I know which one my money is on !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4717 on: September 02, 2015, 10:45:53 AM »
The game is littered with former " superstars ", who can't get a game for love nor money, Adebayour and Balotelli to name but two. I hope he goes the same way. JP has put his principles ahead of his wallet and has my full respect for it.
However much this little nark earns or wherever he plays, he will always be a bitter, arrogant, self pitying, bell-end.

Come on Rickie and Ronnie, show the little no-mark how real professionals behave and condemn him to what he deserves to be - tomorrow's chip paper!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4718 on: September 02, 2015, 10:46:24 AM »
As far as I'm concerned because of that tweet he's worthless to us now. He's alienated the fans and even if he does manage to get back into the side he won't be the same player as most of the fans will be on his back straight away. With that in mind I personally hope the club look into the legality of it all and look at potential breach of contract so that we can sack him and withhold his registration so he's effectively unemployed for two years and make a real statement to the ungrateful young footballers out there that have their heads turned. Can't see it happening though in reality.

Its a shame as I truly believe our whole transfer window relied on us selling him. It would have allowed Pulis to make another couple of moves in the market but Spurs decided they thought they could do what we often do and try to get him on the cheap but employed some very underhand tactics and they should be embarrassed.

There are no winners here, without that tweet the situation could have potentially been salvaged but not now.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:49:17 AM by B_H_Baggie »

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4719 on: September 02, 2015, 10:47:14 AM »
what's this about his mum going to the club to try and get the move happening

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4720 on: September 02, 2015, 10:48:59 AM »
I am torn. On one level I would be quite happy for him to rot in our reserves for two years just to prove the point that no player is bigger than the club. However that doesn't really help us, the reason why I wanted to keep him remains the same he is our best finisher and with a decent season will be worth a substantial fee even if he has just one year left on his contract.

The question is having thrown his toys out of the pram will his focus return? It has to if he want's that big move then he has to play and play well. The reality is he is he is here at least until January so he needs to get on with things as best as he can.

Finally he does need to ask why Spurs were so keen to pay the bulk of the fee in add-on's. The answer is that he has a reputation for being unprofessional and Spurs were rightly trying to hedge their bets in case the whole thing fell apart because of his billy big balls attitude.

As an aside I would say that the next time that Spurs tap up a player via the media they really do need to be prepared to pay the asking price like City did with Sterling otherwise it leaves the player in a somewhat awkward position.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4721 on: September 02, 2015, 10:49:24 AM »
As far as I'm concerned because of that tweet he's worthless to us now. He's alienated the fans and even if he does manage to get back into the side he won't be the same player as most of the fans will be on his back straight away. With that in mind I personally hope the club look into the legality of it all and look at potential breach of contract so that we can sack him and withhold his registration so he's effectively unemployed for two years and make a real statement to the ungrateful young footballers out there that have their heads turned.

Its a shame as I truly believe our whole transfer window relied on us selling him. It would have allowed Pulis to make another couple of moves in the market but Spurs decided they thought they could do what we often do and try to get him on the cheap but employed some very underhand tactics and they should be embarrassed.

There are no winners here, without that tweet the situation could have potentially been salvaged but not now.

I would love that more than leaving him to rot in the stiffs!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4722 on: September 02, 2015, 10:49:44 AM »

What a tit!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4723 on: September 02, 2015, 10:50:39 AM »
waiving her brolley no doubt

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4724 on: September 02, 2015, 10:51:42 AM »
Just a thing I saw from another site. Don't know how true but the chap who posted it is usually reliable with his comments.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE