Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556561 times)

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #4000 on: August 25, 2015, 07:46:19 PM »
Thats your opinion, BERAHINO scored more goals in a poorer side and IMO is more technical than Stirling. Whilst Stirling has blistering pace he is not as clinical as Saido.He has played in a better team so will get more chances, more of the ball & more support. Berahino is a player that is flying in a "Relatively" poor squad that is fighting relegation.

How much would Spuds sell Kane for? 

Just wandering because they are "similar"

It is my opinion that Sterling is a much better player and perhaps also the opinion of Pellegrini who has decided to buy him and not Berahino. I don't see Berahino going to a top 4 side whereas Stirling already is.

As for price Spurs are going to try and get him as cheap as possible. I don't see anything wrong with that. We try it all the time when buying players.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4001 on: August 25, 2015, 07:56:55 PM »
It is my opinion that Sterling is a much better player and perhaps also the opinion of Pellegrini who has decided to buy him and not Berahino. I don't see Berahino going to a top 4 side whereas Stirling already is.

As for price Spurs are going to try and get him as cheap as possible. I don't see anything wrong with that. We try it all the time when buying players.
Would KANE get into the top 4 sides?

I understand that they are trying to get him as cheap as possible but we are not under any rush to sell & I for one believe he is worth more.

Again just my opinion.
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4002 on: August 25, 2015, 08:03:25 PM »
Would KANE get into the top 4 sides?

I understand that they are trying to get him as cheap as possible but we are not under any rush to sell & I for one believe he is worth more.

Again just my opinion.

I would think Kane is a more attractive proposition at the moment than Berahino. We may not be in a rush to sell but I think we have to now. If not we end up with an unhappy player on our books. I hope we get it done ASAP to give us chance to reinvest the money.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

pete

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4003 on: August 25, 2015, 08:16:28 PM »
I would think Kane is a more attractive proposition at the moment than Berahino. We may not be in a rush to sell but I think we have to now. If not we end up with an unhappy player on our books. I hope we get it done ASAP to give us chance to reinvest the money.
Fair play but we cant let him go too cheap especially in todays market!
Kiss and make up sex is the best around, after all its better than no sex!

spyro

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4004 on: August 25, 2015, 08:37:43 PM »
You can't even compare sterling and berahino completely different players

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4005 on: August 25, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »
We' ll done the West Brom board and JP. English goalscorers with Prem experience are at a Premium. Only let him go, if a daft offer come in.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4006 on: August 25, 2015, 10:50:41 PM »
He might do well there and get snapped up by a proper "Big Club" like Arsenal. :D
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4007 on: August 25, 2015, 10:59:27 PM »
He might do well there and get snapped up by a proper "Big Club" like Arsenal. :D

I'm not sure I trust Rondon and Lambert to get the goals to keep us up...

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4008 on: August 25, 2015, 11:02:41 PM »
Well yes there is that.
Not wishing him to leave it is his choice unfortunately that is today's football.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4009 on: August 25, 2015, 11:14:50 PM »
You can't even compare sterling and berahino completely different players
But the value to the selling clubs is.
You can only sell them once.

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4010 on: August 25, 2015, 11:29:20 PM »

Lambert has shown he can score more than Ideye at this level. And Rondon had been a 1 in 2 striker in other top level leagues. Pulis got Palace to 11th in the league with Cameron Jerome up front who scored 2 goals in the whole season.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4011 on: August 25, 2015, 11:38:30 PM »
Not sure goals are a big part of the plan - not conceding seems to be the target. 10 or so narrow wins and the odd draw will achieve the ambition of the club. Not going to be an attractive season but I guess that's what you get from TP. He certainly saved us from the alternative of Championship football last season but the price is watching a team of central defenders and wingers playing at being full backs.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4012 on: August 25, 2015, 11:44:55 PM »
Lambert has shown he can score more than Ideye at this level. And Rondon had been a 1 in 2 striker in other top level leagues. Pulis got Palace to 11th in the league with Cameron Jerome up front who scored 2 goals in the whole season.

Lambert scored more than Ideye playing with better players, I don't see him getting the goals for us.

In fact I would say he is very poor,  I don't know how he managed to stay on the pitch tonight.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

apple

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4013 on: August 26, 2015, 12:54:05 AM »
I think its clear hes going to go, its just a question of how much we can screw spurs for. the spurs fans are that worked up, levys going to a look a right prick if he doesnt meet Jezzas demands

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4014 on: August 26, 2015, 01:14:44 AM »
Pretty much reconciled to the fact that he will more than likely be on his bike but surely we all want him to go to Arsenal if he does go just to destroy the whining Spurs melts and their #FreeBerahino nonsense. 

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4015 on: August 26, 2015, 01:35:58 AM »
Lambert scored more than Ideye playing with better players, I don't see him getting the goals for us.

In fact I would say he is very poor,  I don't know how he managed to stay on the pitch tonight.

Lambert needs minutes in his legs there was a dig at his preseason involvement with Liverpool in a recent press conference, and tonight he was played in the no. 10 role when he is plainly a no. 9, his role will be back-up to Rondon I would imagine this year.  As for Saido, I hope he stays whether it's against his will or not. Same as I always hoped Odemwingie could resolve his issues with the club.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4016 on: August 26, 2015, 01:38:30 AM »
Few points on the deal.

1. £25m asking price, no idea where that has come from the press have speculated that is what we are asking but why would we  put a price on an asset that we don't want to sell? Better to let Spurs just keep bidding rather give them any indication that are getting close.

2. Levy is as hard boiled negotiator Peace both will want to drive a hard bargain so don't expect this to happen quickly unless Peace gets a price he likes.

3. The Spurs press briefings were running for at least a month before a low bid was received this has no doubt inebriated off the club and now it is out in public Albion are quite happy to comment on it in public. We might have gone in with a low bid for Phillips but we have not been actively briefing the media in an attempt to unsettle the player.

4. Ultimately I think the club is prepared to risk having a sulking Saido because otherwise they would have cut a deal by now.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4017 on: August 26, 2015, 06:23:26 AM »
Few points on the deal.

1. £25m asking price, no idea where that has come from the press have speculated that is what we are asking but why would we  put a price on an asset that we don't want to sell? Better to let Spurs just keep bidding rather give them any indication that are getting close.

2. Levy is as hard boiled negotiator Peace both will want to drive a hard bargain so don't expect this to happen quickly unless Peace gets a price he likes.

3. The Spurs press briefings were running for at least a month before a low bid was received this has no doubt inebriated off the club and now it is out in public Albion are quite happy to comment on it in public. We might have gone in with a low bid for Phillips but we have not been actively briefing the media in an attempt to unsettle the player.

4. Ultimately I think the club is prepared to risk having a sulking Saido because otherwise they would have cut a deal by now.

Levy and JP are poker players, the first one to blink will lose

Poor little might appears to be a little disgruntled because he hasn't got his own way

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/26/report-saido-berahino-angry-over-blocked-tottenham-transfer-spur/?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 06:40:38 AM by tuamigos »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Vassassin

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4018 on: August 26, 2015, 07:09:39 AM »
I think Berahino is a brilliant footballer and is also a very good athlete, whereas Sterling is a brilliant athlete and also a very good footballer. IMHO Berahino is worth more than Sterling will ever be worth, BUT he is not in the shop front of the big 4 as they will only sign big name/ticket strikers, which to me is a fairly safe managerial bet. Wingers on the other hand do not really affect the reputation of the manager as much, and usually they are paying crazy prices, for quite a few of them, with no real risk to the manager's reputation (eg Di Maria scenario).
Return our Parthenon Marbles, we're going nuts without them!

wabooz

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #4019 on: August 26, 2015, 07:29:10 AM »
I honestly believe Berahino offers nothing beyond finishing ability, which even then he can have a nightmare from close range e.g. Watford

Ironically sterling offers everything but finishing, which he is shocking at.

Think about it, does saido get on the ball a lot? No. Does he hold it up? No. Does he provide chances via potential assists? No. Does he defend from the front? No. Does he dribble well? No. Does he pass well? No. Does he have good vision? No. Can he take free kicks? Possibly. Is he lightning quick? No, not slow but not rapid. Is his movement anything special like aguero? No.

He's overrated and over hyped, has a long way to go if he's going to become a top player, and without a strong manager to keep him in line he has an attitude problem too!

Don't get me wrong, he's valuable because he knows where the net is if given chances, but he's not top class overall in ability or attitude. Defoe is a finisher, he was always overlooked when it mattered.

Ukar1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #4020 on: August 26, 2015, 07:57:28 AM »
I honestly believe Berahino offers nothing beyond finishing ability, which even then he can have a nightmare from close range e.g. Watford

Think about it, does saido get on the ball a lot? No. Does he hold it up? No. Does he provide chances via potential assists? No. Does he defend from the front? No. Does he dribble well? No. Does he pass well? No. Does he have good vision? No. Can he take free kicks? Possibly. Is he lightning quick? No, not slow but not rapid. Is his movement anything special like aguero? No.

He's overrated and over hyped, has a long way to go if he's going to become a top player, and without a strong manager to keep him in line he has an attitude problem too!

Don't get me wrong, he's valuable because he knows where the net is if given chances, but he's not top class overall in ability or attitude. Defoe is a finisher, he was always overlooked when it mattered.

Good post..spot on.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4021 on: August 26, 2015, 08:00:52 AM »

Absolutely this.

I can't understand the 'Berahino was the best player on the pitch' lines that get thrown about. He can score but very rarely have I seen him do anything else that has made me think, wow he's good. But hey he scored a few for us, could score more elsewhere but he has tendencies to be completely anonymous for long periods.

Vassassin

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4022 on: August 26, 2015, 08:09:44 AM »
Finishers = goals, goals = wins. Sterling is a headless chook, even has the hairstyle to match, also dare I say it is one footed.
Berahino wins teams games, just like Defoe would have if ......
End of the day, IMHO Sterling is an unbelievably good athlete that was nurtured into a footballer because of his speed, Berahino was only ever going to become a footballer because of his ability to read the game, be in the right place, finish on either side of his body, or his head, take responsibility for penalties/free kicks and convert them. It is not practical to compare out and out strikers, but if we were to then Zlatan only does what Berahino does, difference is he is doing it a lot better and has been doing it for a lot longer. Berahino to me is the spring lamb the farmer is looking to sell, not realizing that it may become the prized bull in a couple of years. Sterling will only get s l o w e r as the years go by and his value to the lower division team he will find himself at will come into question. The Championship and League 1 are full of Sterlings of the past.
Return our Parthenon Marbles, we're going nuts without them!

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4023 on: August 26, 2015, 08:22:36 AM »
I have to agree with Vassassin. At the beginning of last season Berahino used to properly annoy me with his attitude towards the game and the team but clearly had the talent to score goals. West Brom could not afford an individual not pulling his weight and to be fair that side of his game has improved under Pulis (no surprise) but average players can be taught that . He has a  talent you can not teach you need to exploit. That comes at a premium.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4024 on: August 26, 2015, 08:32:42 AM »
I still don't think we'll miss him as much as some people are making out
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'