Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556610 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #3525 on: August 19, 2015, 10:42:05 AM »
i am reading now that he wants to leave on some newsnow titles , has he officialy come out and said this.
Have these people spreading rumours got it in for WBA
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3526 on: August 19, 2015, 10:44:14 AM »
Tell that to Mowbray. Who I loved by the way, still my favourite Albion manager, but we could have 70% possession in them days. I stand by it, that front 6 posted earlier would get relegated from the Premier League 9 seasons in every 10: a group of individuals not a team. Back to Berahino I believe Peace coming out in the press means you're looking north of John Stones money before a deal is done.
Imagine what 70% possession could do with a Lukaku,  Odemwhingy,  Berahino leading your line rather than Bednar, Miller, Beattie or Moore.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3527 on: August 19, 2015, 10:49:46 AM »
Imagine what 70% possession could do with a Lukaku,  Odemwhingy,  Berahino leading your line rather than Bednar, Miller, Beattie or Moore.
Agreed but, once you get to that kind of percentage, many start calling your playing style "tippy-tappy"!  ;D

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3528 on: August 19, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »
i am reading now that he wants to leave on some newsnow titles , has he officialy come out and said this.

Just poor online publications making things up, to my knowledge Saido has said absolutely nothing.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3531 on: August 19, 2015, 11:04:59 AM »
I think £25million is a fair price and would sell.

EDIT: I meant 25.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:04:55 PM by Legend »
the regime don't like it man

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3532 on: August 19, 2015, 11:09:22 AM »
His reaction at the end of the Watford game suggests he knows it's a distinct possibility.
Let's face it, while Tottenham offer little in terms of Europe or in fact winning anything, they are a bigger club and are not threatened with relegation, so he is bound to want to go.
Wish he was going to a top 4 club though, would love to see him really kick on.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3533 on: August 19, 2015, 11:25:11 AM »
To be fair if he does go i could understand the Spurs move.

He would go there, play most weeks rather than be a squad player at a City or United and if he has a good couple of seasons he will then go to a City, Arsenal or United as a first team player.

Spurs are a step up from us but still not a elite club but i am sure his wage packet will be a lot more healthy!

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3534 on: August 19, 2015, 11:50:30 AM »
The press are just guessing that Saido wants the move, it's a safe guess, I think I probably would if I were him too to be honest. I have no problem with him wanting to move as long as he doesn't push the subject. We are in the driving seat, if we don't get offered a good deal by anybody he stays here, if we get offered a good deal (£25,000,000 minimum in my opinion) then he will undoubtedly leave, and I wouldn't begrudge him that at all, he is already our best player by some distance and he will have a very bright future if he applies himself. Hope he stays, but I am very doubtful that he will.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3535 on: August 19, 2015, 11:54:45 AM »
If we sell for anything less than 30 million i'll be very disappointed. I'm resigned to see him leaving but it has to be for the right price and for the best of the club. Would we be able to reinvest that money in time though?
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3536 on: August 19, 2015, 11:57:10 AM »
Its definitely a safe guess he would want the move. Spurs are a step up there is no doubt, with that said I actually think he'll be selling himself short and he could do better but its unfortunate theirs is the only offer on the table as things stand.

I still believe we should be looking at much more than £25m though.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3537 on: August 19, 2015, 12:10:13 PM »
He will go but i believe we will get 25m for him.

A good deal all round. He will go with our best wishes, tottenham is a step up for him and a chance for European football not a relegation fight.

I just hope we replace him quickly, and with someone like austin, but i fear bigger fish will be in for him than us.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:38:43 PM by M666EYS »
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

amathews3416

• Newcomer

« Reply #3538 on: August 19, 2015, 12:29:55 PM »
Apparently Pochettino wants to play him as a Wide Forward on the left and sees him in the same mold as he used Jay Rodriguez at S'Hampton.  I imagine he would get a good amount of game time at that position and than would supplement Kane up top in Cup games.  I think he will get just as many games there as he would with us, if I'm being honest.  Pulis has already came out and said that he learned his lesson after the Man City game and will only play one Striker against the big clubs.  That striker will most likely be Lambert or Rondon, someone that can hold the ball up and allow others into play. 

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3539 on: August 19, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »
I know the £25million figure is being banded about but I actually think £30million should be the figure, young English striker who scored 20 goals last season, Spurs wouldn't let Kane go for anything less than £50million so why should we let Saido go for half that amount?
"This crack is really moreish."

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3540 on: August 19, 2015, 12:36:57 PM »
I think we need to be getting £30 + for him if he does go.

We are not a club that is in debt, and he has 2 years left on his contract.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3541 on: August 19, 2015, 12:50:41 PM »

Yes, 30 quid isn't much  ;D
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3542 on: August 19, 2015, 01:08:04 PM »

especially if chelsea end up paying £40m for Stones

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3543 on: August 19, 2015, 01:21:27 PM »
Yes, 30 quid isn't much  ;D

whoops  :)

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3544 on: August 19, 2015, 01:27:17 PM »
It was a seriously bad error to let Dorrans & Mulumbu go too. Gardner and Morrison are utter powder puff in comparison. I'm hanging all my hopes on Rondon and Gnabry now....but will he pick both? Saido's bound to go now, lets just pocket the cash and get it over with.

i agree. would hope for £25m + add ons

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3545 on: August 19, 2015, 01:46:49 PM »
With regards to his contract is it two years with a one year option?
If so I'd hold on to him for the season unless 30 mill plus is agreed

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3546 on: August 19, 2015, 01:56:00 PM »
It was a seriously bad error to let Dorrans & Mulumbu go too. Gardner and Morrison are utter powder puff in comparison. I'm hanging all my hopes on Rondon and Gnabry now....but will he pick both? Saido's bound to go now, lets just pocket the cash and get it over with.
A little off-topic and I agree that Mulumbu is far better than Gardner. However, Dorrans was/is nowhere near Morrison in terms of ability. For the past few seasons, Morrison has been a consistent performer, with various managers choosing him over Dorrans and for good reason. That's very unfair trying to lump Morrison in with Gardner...

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3547 on: August 19, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
If I understand it correctly, Saido's current contract is worth around £20k per week to him. It would be a massive statement of confidence in Saido to offer him a new contract which would cost the club around £1 million per year for every £20k per week increase, & additionally lose between £15million & £20million in transfer fees which they would recover if he were to be sold.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3548 on: August 19, 2015, 04:20:52 PM »
I think it is now a case of not if but when,and we should be looking to get the highest price and looking for a replacement.
Although he has great potential he also has a temperament that could see him become the next Lee Hughes or Jason Koumas.
No good keeping an unhappy player, his form will be affected and we won't get half the money for him in the future.

Football is a team game.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3549 on: August 19, 2015, 04:32:17 PM »
With regards to his contract is it two years with a one year option?
If so I'd hold on to him for the season unless 30 mill plus is agreed

No there isn't an option he's just got two years left. Not that I think that matters, we should be looking for £30m+ in my view.