Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556621 times)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2875 on: July 08, 2015, 11:24:32 PM »
This is a positive development Ward seems to be an entirely malignant influence. Hopefully he will sign with someone who goes about their business in a low key manner. Obviously any agent has to get the best deal for his client but to engineer a move in the way Sterling has is bad for all concerned.     
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2876 on: July 08, 2015, 11:27:03 PM »
This is a positive development Ward seems to be an entirely malignant influence. Hopefully he will sign with someone who goes about their business in a low key manner. Obviously any agent has to get the best deal for his client but to engineer a move in the way Sterling has is bad for all concerned.   

Yes hopefully. An interesting point I seen on Twitter was it could now open up a move to Liverpool.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2877 on: July 08, 2015, 11:29:05 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3154081/Saido-Berahino-splits-Raheem-Sterling-s-controversial-agent-Aidy-Ward-West-Brom-star-becoms-disillusioned.html

Berahino parts ways with agent Aidy Ward. Good lad. Wonder if Pulis had any influence on it? He spoke a few times about the people surrounding Berahino in press conferences.

interesting....  I was told this about two weeks ago by someone I thought was just "talking to impress" at the pub.

Basically he said that there is a "gentleman's agreement" by the Owners/Chairman of most of the Top Premier clubs, to just not talk to Ward (or any of his players).
It isn't a permanent thing but a demonstration that he doesn't actually hold all the cards....
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2878 on: July 08, 2015, 11:29:28 PM »
Not being involved with this guy can surely only be a good thing for Saido looking at the way this agent has gone about the Sterling stuff. Berahino will get his move all in good time.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2879 on: July 09, 2015, 05:01:27 AM »
Well done son.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2880 on: July 09, 2015, 06:25:20 AM »
Well done son.

It could be a smart move on his side if he wants to engineer a move to Liverpool.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2881 on: July 09, 2015, 08:45:05 AM »
haven't we reopened contract talks with Saido ?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2882 on: July 09, 2015, 09:03:08 AM »
A good move by Berahino. Perhaps Regis could be his agent?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

ABaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2883 on: July 09, 2015, 11:05:31 AM »
interesting....  I was told this about two weeks ago by someone I thought was just "talking to impress" at the pub.

Basically he said that there is a "gentleman's agreement" by the Owners/Chairman of most of the Top Premier clubs, to just not talk to Ward (or any of his players).
It isn't a permanent thing but a demonstration that he doesn't actually hold all the cards....

That explains it then. Saido has simply realised that he won't get the move he wants if no one will talk to his agent.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2884 on: July 09, 2015, 11:32:09 AM »
I hope its a good thing, the downside is the liverpool angle.  :(
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2885 on: July 09, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »
He is so smart, I think he will sign a new deal with the club very soon. 
The PRIDE of midlands

Watton...!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2886 on: July 09, 2015, 12:23:33 PM »
I dont think anyone on here would begrudge him a move to a top 6 club, i just dont want him to leave us with no replacement. he will get his move, just hope we get another season out of him
Neil Clement: 300 Appearances spanning over a decade, a true Albion legend

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2887 on: July 09, 2015, 01:38:10 PM »
I thought he'd be gone in Jan to be honest. Think another season at B71 is on the cards. Besides, what top 6 club would want him for that much money?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2888 on: July 09, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »
Great move by Saido. The quicker we stand up to 'vermin' like Ward the better.

Some agents [not all] are everything that is rotten in this game..........

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.
MAGA!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2889 on: July 09, 2015, 01:57:22 PM »

hes still learning his trade, hopfully pulis can point this out, his career will be better served bagging another 50-100 goals and maturing as a player with us rather then stunting his development.
O Albion we love you

ABaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2890 on: July 09, 2015, 02:05:48 PM »

A bit naive if you think he won't appoint another agent. The agent is employed to get him the best deal he can. All that has happened is that Saido has realised that the best move he can get is to Liverpool. But he won't get a move to Liverpool by having a agent that Liverpool will not talk to. His new agent is probably in discussion with Liverpool as we speak.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2891 on: July 09, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »
Not naive at all. There is no doubt he will get another agent and there is no doubt he will eventually get a move to another club....the majority of agents do have a 'moral compass' - some [like Ward] don't.

My comment was not about Saido, it was referring to aggressive agents who hold clubs to ransom and then walk away trousering a big fat payment at the clubs [and fans] expense. It borders on criminality.     
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:19:52 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2892 on: July 09, 2015, 06:34:35 PM »
Good lad, I've liked Berahino's attitude in recent times, and think that Tony Pulis has managed him very well. I think Berahino needs people like Pulis who can support him and be genuine, it's a good move.
If Berahino does want to move, and does it in a respectful manner then you can't really criticise him. I hope he doesn't tarnish his name if he does leave, and hope he continues to mature.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2893 on: July 09, 2015, 08:40:50 PM »
Sorry to rain on the parade, but agents take a % yes.
So the quickest way for his new agent to earn some cash is.....
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2894 on: July 09, 2015, 08:58:40 PM »
Sorry to rain on the parade, but agents take a % yes.
So the quickest way for his new agent to earn some cash is.....

Yes, I think we are all well aware of that buddy. The point people are making is that some agents behave in a more honourable way than others and we believe that Berahino has removed himself from one of the less reputable ones.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2895 on: July 09, 2015, 11:14:19 PM »
Just a couple of things....

How much of the transfer away from us "reports/media speculation" was generated by Ward and NOT from Saido.

The only interview I remember with direct quotes, from Saido, were not that specific on when he wanted to move to a "Big Club"...

But that interview (and ones like it)  seem to be a Ward tactic...

Also it was reported that Saido's contract with Ward runs out in November... so regardless of their "working relationship" now, Ward is entitled to a cut of any transfer/contract Saido might sign on his own BEFORE the notice to terminate period (which would should have been a clause in the Agent contract)

So that probably means we will not see anything new on Saido for a few weeks at least.
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2896 on: July 09, 2015, 11:22:44 PM »
John Percy ‏@John__Percy  39m39 minutes ago
@thejonreeve Saido is expected to sign a new deal before start of the season. He's a changed man ;)

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2897 on: July 09, 2015, 11:53:06 PM »
John Percy ‏@John__Percy  39m39 minutes ago
@thejonreeve Saido is expected to sign a new deal before start of the season. He's a changed man ;)

As I was resigned to losing him that would be a great bit of "business" if true!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2898 on: July 10, 2015, 12:58:09 AM »
Personally, I think Tony Pulis deserves credit in no short measure for the positive influence he is having on Saido.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

ABaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2899 on: July 10, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »
Just a couple of things....

How much of the transfer away from us "reports/media speculation" was generated by Ward and NOT from Saido.

The only interview I remember with direct quotes, from Saido, were not that specific on when he wanted to move to a "Big Club"...

But that interview (and ones like it)  seem to be a Ward tactic...

Also it was reported that Saido's contract with Ward runs out in November... so regardless of their "working relationship" now, Ward is entitled to a cut of any transfer/contract Saido might sign on his own BEFORE the notice to terminate period (which would should have been a clause in the Agent contract)

So that probably means we will not see anything new on Saido for a few weeks at least.

The agent is employed by the player not the other way around. The player is the one in charge. So if the agent was saying things that Saido didn't agree with then surely he would've corrected them? Which he didn't.