Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556499 times)

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2600 on: April 20, 2015, 12:13:38 PM »
Don't judge him!! He was only blowing up balloons for Roman Benars coke and canapé party

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2601 on: April 20, 2015, 12:27:23 PM »
The only thing for me which is worth a rollocking is the drink driving, no excuse for that at all although there probably isn't many people who can say they haven't done it.

The rest is all petty stuff that people who have an agenda against him try and use when they are nothing stories in my opinion

i work for a gas company, its dangerous sniffing any gas.Hes an idiot
the sooner these legal highs get banned the better
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:30:55 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2602 on: April 20, 2015, 12:41:05 PM »

i work for a gas company, its dangerous sniffing any gas.Hes an idiot
the sooner these legal highs get banned the better

21 year old being a bit stupid with his mate. SHOCK!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2603 on: April 20, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »

Not really a shock is it?
The kids brainless
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2604 on: April 20, 2015, 12:55:11 PM »
Not really a shock is it?
The kids brainless

Not doing too bad for 'brainless' especially with the life he has. A lot of people would have gone off the rails with everything he has had to put up with.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2605 on: April 20, 2015, 01:09:49 PM »
Not doing too bad for 'brainless' especially with the life he has. A lot of people would have gone off the rails with everything he has had to put up with.
He may not be off the rails yet, but he's headed in that direction. It doesn't take much for a pro footballer to scupper his career.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2606 on: April 20, 2015, 01:09:54 PM »

He had a rough start to life granted, but so do lots of other people and don't use it as an excuse whenever it suits them.
Like I said hes a kid, and a very privledged one at that with the world at his feet.
So far hes:
Lost his driving licence for D & D
Filmed twice using drugs
Needed bitch slapping by a senior pro
Turns up late for 3 games this season
Been sent back early when sent out on loan because of attitude problems.

Poor little mite

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2607 on: April 20, 2015, 01:14:17 PM »

He had a rough start to life granted, but so do lots of other people and don't use it as an excuse whenever it suits them.
Like I said hes a kid, and a very privledged one at that with the world at his feet.
So far hes:
Filmed twice using drugs

Poor little mite

Yet without him we'd probably be bottom of the table by now. I try to concentrate on what players do on the pitch rather than off it.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2608 on: April 20, 2015, 01:19:16 PM »
Yet without him we'd probably be bottom of the table by now. I try to concentrate on what players do on the pitch rather than off it.

So his behaviour should be excused at all costs?

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2609 on: April 20, 2015, 01:27:15 PM »

So far hes:
Filmed twice using drugs

Poor little mite

D & D I agree, very stupid thing to do and hopefully learnt from it but as I mentioned early not many people havent although that is no excuse.

Doing drugs? Have a day off mate, a glass of wine is probably more harmful.

Slapped in the dressing room which happens up and down the country every Saturday in a lot of dressing rooms just a shame that we had a snake in ours who made it public.

Other two I don't really know much about but Pulis says his attitude has been spot on recently so it looks like he is growing up which all you can ask, he is only human afterall not his fault the ridiculous wages players get offered

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2610 on: April 20, 2015, 01:55:32 PM »
D & D I agree, very stupid thing to do and hopefully learnt from it but as I mentioned early not many people havent although that is no excuse.

Doing drugs? Have a day off mate, a glass of wine is probably more harmful.

Slapped in the dressing room which happens up and down the country every Saturday in a lot of dressing rooms just a shame that we had a snake in ours who made it public.

Other two I don't really know much about but Pulis says his attitude has been spot on recently so it looks like he is growing up which all you can ask, he is only human afterall not his fault the ridiculous wages players get offered

suggest you do a bit more research before coming out with daft comments like that. Mate.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2611 on: April 20, 2015, 02:07:22 PM »
It is the lack of thought is more worrying than the act it itself.

"I got filmed smoking hippy crack, it rained stones on my head and I had to apologise, I know lets do it again that's a good idea"

While I do think the off field stuff is a bit of a sideshow but obviously you would worry about his capacity to do something really stupid from which there is no way back. The only way we are realistically going to keep him is by putting a £40-£50k a week contract on the table and that is a big investment in a kid who we know to be a little bit flakey with the capacity to mess things up big time.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2612 on: April 20, 2015, 02:45:11 PM »
suggest you do a bit more research before coming out with daft comments like that. Mate.

I stand by the comment that one balloon of nitrous oxide isn't dangerous. Stil used in dentists isn't it?

If you're going to stand next to a can all night and keep going and going then it could be different obviously but thats the same with any legal highs i.e. alcohol

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2613 on: April 20, 2015, 02:47:41 PM »
As no-one off here was there then who knows how long he was doing it and how often he does.

He's a professional sportsman with a reponsilibity to look after himself and gets rewarded handsomely for it whether its legal or not.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2614 on: April 20, 2015, 03:38:08 PM »
Don't care what he does off the pitch as long as he does something on the pitch. Which he isn't. Watched him very carefully last few games and he's offered next to nothing. Bar one battle for the ball he won very well at Palace and a bit of physicality to get through on goal, we may as well have not played a number 9 for the Astle Day game he offered so little.

You can say 'oh everyone played badly then' or 'he's not getting the service' but if you're truly a gifted player you work your balls off regardless of goal/assist contributions. Christ knows how many yards Morrison covered on Saturday. The bloke was like the Duracell bunny. Bera was like he was running on the batteries at the bottom of a drawer you put there seven years ago because you weren't sure whether the remote was buggered or not.

CovBaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2615 on: April 20, 2015, 04:08:48 PM »
It's media hype and ove-rreporting as usual. Laughing gas is administered at a dentist for crying out loud, so it's not as dangerous as the media like you to think. For it to be called a 'legal high' is quite frankly pathetic.

And the guy is 20/21 years old? Tell me what person that age hasn't done something like that - I'm 23 and have done so called legals highs many a time.

I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, and yes, he needs to be careful if he partakes in such activity as we have all found out, someone with a camera in that situation is rather lethal. But who are we to question/ridicule him? Yes, he represents our club, but if you're a parent of a younger teen or whatever age, you cannot stop your child from doing something like this - if they want to do it, they will do it. It's all about education, and in my opinion children are educated very incorrectly on this sort of topic.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2616 on: April 20, 2015, 05:07:14 PM »
It's media hype and ove-rreporting as usual. Laughing gas is administered at a dentist for crying out loud, so it's not as dangerous as the media like you to think. For it to be called a 'legal high' is quite frankly pathetic.

And the guy is 20/21 years old? Tell me what person that age hasn't done something like that - I'm 23 and have done so called legals highs many a time.

I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, and yes, he needs to be careful if he partakes in such activity as we have all found out, someone with a camera in that situation is rather lethal. But who are we to question/ridicule him? Yes, he represents our club, but if you're a parent of a younger teen or whatever age, you cannot stop your child from doing something like this - if they want to do it, they will do it. It's all about education, and in my opinion children are educated very incorrectly on this sort of topic.
A dentist is a medical professional who is trained in the use of anaesthetics and there is a reason for that.

I am past caring about Sadio's off the field antics lets just get him playing football as best as he can and then let the future take care of itself.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2617 on: April 20, 2015, 05:27:30 PM »

Laughing gas replaces the oxygen in your body, therefore common sense tells you.. the more you take in, the more oxygen you lose... do the math

on the other hand.. i agree about the 'media hype'....

he could score 100 goals a season but until he does a stupid thing, the media wont care.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2618 on: April 20, 2015, 05:32:20 PM »
Laughing gas replaces the oxygen in your body, therefore common sense tells you.. the more you take in, the more oxygen you lose... do the math

on the other hand.. i agree about the 'media hype'....

he could score 100 goals a season but until he does a stupid thing, the media wont care.
I believe NO2 is dangerous because there is TOO much oxygen compared to natural air (which is 70% nitrogen, 20% oxygen.)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2619 on: April 20, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »
i think this thread amply shows that "we" know very little about NO2 and legal highs and just that in itself makes them them "potentially" dangerous.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2620 on: April 21, 2015, 06:16:47 AM »

Its very true  :D and i agree with this point i mean take sterling recently smoking shisha if ever i have had more of an anti climax it was smoking this for show rubbish its basically a flavored e cigarette thing that people are using nowadays, Then there was Wilshere smoking a fag at an open pool in Vegas caught up in the moment maybe more stupidity than anything but again im sure its not an everyday kind of thing. I would put money on footballers at a very high level being on some much more serious stuff but there just smart about it when they want to do it.

My problem lies more with humanity how many people are willing and so quick to get there phones out film it and then sell it on rather than enjoying themselves and concentrating on there own business.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2621 on: April 21, 2015, 07:58:02 AM »
This short piece is from the FRANK web site who offer advice on drugs and the effects of using drugs.

What is nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide is a gas with several legitimate uses, but when inhaled it can make people feel euphoric and relaxed. This happy feeling has led to it being nicknamed ‘laughing gas’. Some people also experience hallucinations.

However, there is a risk of death as a lack of oxygen can occur when using nitrous oxide. This risk is likely to be greater if the gas is consumed in an enclosed space or if a substantial amount is rapidly used.

There are three main legitimate uses of nitrous oxide:

To numb pain during medical procedures such as dental work.
In engines to increase their power output.
In catering, in whipped cream aerosol cans to prevent the cream going ‘bad’and in food packaging to prevent the food from rotting.

Nitrous oxide is a colourless gas. Some people say that it has a slightly sweet smell and taste.

It is normally bought in pressured canisters, varying in size and depending on what it will be used for. The gas is commonly transferred to a container, e.g. a balloon, from which the gas is inhaled.

Nitrous oxide is most commonly inhaled through the mouth. Because nitrous oxide is a pressurised gas in the canister, there is a risk of harming yourself if you inhale nitrous oxide straight from the canister. This method can lead to sudden death due to a lack of oxygen and is one reason why nitrous oxide is sold to people in balloons.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2622 on: April 21, 2015, 08:45:42 AM »
This short piece is from the FRANK web site who offer advice on drugs and the effects of using drugs.

What is nitrous oxide?
Nitrous oxide is a gas with several legitimate uses, but when inhaled it can make people feel euphoric and relaxed. This happy feeling has led to it being nicknamed ‘laughing gas’. Some people also experience hallucinations.

However, there is a risk of death as a lack of oxygen can occur when using nitrous oxide. This risk is likely to be greater if the gas is consumed in an enclosed space or if a substantial amount is rapidly used.

There are three main legitimate uses of nitrous oxide:

To numb pain during medical procedures such as dental work.
In engines to increase their power output.
In catering, in whipped cream aerosol cans to prevent the cream going ‘bad’and in food packaging to prevent the food from rotting.

Nitrous oxide is a colourless gas. Some people say that it has a slightly sweet smell and taste.

It is normally bought in pressured canisters, varying in size and depending on what it will be used for. The gas is commonly transferred to a container, e.g. a balloon, from which the gas is inhaled.

Nitrous oxide is most commonly inhaled through the mouth. Because nitrous oxide is a pressurised gas in the canister, there is a risk of harming yourself if you inhale nitrous oxide straight from the canister. This method can lead to sudden death due to a lack of oxygen and is one reason why nitrous oxide is sold to people in balloons.

working for a gas company for 30 years who manufactures this gas. That is the key, lack of oxygen
during my time with this company i have known of over 20 fatalities on the back of people abusing this gas
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:48:04 AM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2623 on: April 21, 2015, 09:20:37 AM »
The thing with Berahino now is, the hype has gone.

Our best chance of getting 'stupid' money for him was in January, when to be honest we would have been silly to sell, unless a ridiculous fee came in.

He hasnt really hit the heights of late, and to be honest I couldnt see a club coming in for him in the summer for anything more than 8-10 million.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2624 on: April 21, 2015, 07:30:07 PM »

Not shocked at all i mean if it was the 1st time i would call it STUPID but its the 2nd time after the club have spoken to him about it i'd call that defiant or at the very least sticking his 2 fingers up to the club. He shows no signs of growing up.
 :-[ A great talent who is on the verge of throwing it all away.