Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556517 times)

collins101

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2575 on: April 17, 2015, 01:24:45 PM »
He is a natural goalscorer but is that enough? What does he really offer now the goals have dried up? He doesn't close down very often and his decision making can be poor, another one who runs into crowds of players..a bit like Sess in that respect.

Berahino needs to work harder for me when we don't have the ball.

I'd prefer him to stay but we need to play to his (and Ideye's) strengths which we're not doing at the minute.

What exactly are Ideye's strengths ?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2576 on: April 17, 2015, 01:35:31 PM »

What exactly are Ideye's strengths ?

Ball played into his feet so he can run onto it, decent crosses into the box for headers like against Stoke and Burnley. He closes players down too. He does miss a few but at least he gets into those positions.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

robbo_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2577 on: April 17, 2015, 01:38:13 PM »
Ball played into his feet so he can run onto it, decent crosses into the box for headers like against Stoke and Burnley. He closes players down too. He does miss a few but at least he gets into those positions.

To be fair, that does take some skill  :P

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2578 on: April 17, 2015, 01:41:38 PM »
To be fair, that does take some skill  :P

Yeah my bad, but you know what I mean!

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2579 on: April 17, 2015, 02:06:08 PM »
I feel if we played to Saido's strengths, we'd score more than if we played to Brown's.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2580 on: April 17, 2015, 02:10:51 PM »
I feel if we played to Saido's strengths, we'd score more than if we played to Brown's.

Lets just play to someone's strengths, I'm not fussy who!
"This crack is really moreish."

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2581 on: April 17, 2015, 02:14:30 PM »
Lets just play to someone's strengths, I'm not fussy who!

Preferably someone in Stripes, that'd make a nice change.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2582 on: April 17, 2015, 02:36:27 PM »
Preferably someone in Stripes, that'd make a nice change.

Just putting the ball through into the box for anyone to run on to would be good... we can't even do that!
MAGA!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2583 on: April 17, 2015, 02:40:42 PM »
I thinks their strengths are fairly similar, hence why Irvine believed they couldn't play together since they were similar it made us one dimensional in our approach.

Pulis on the other hand refuses to play to either...

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2584 on: April 17, 2015, 10:15:59 PM »
Irvine got the best out of him earlier in the season. Doesn't look the same player to me.
the regime don't like it man

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2586 on: April 19, 2015, 07:38:12 PM »
Sensationalism at its finest. I really fail to see the big deal here, its not illegal and as much as that article tries to make it out, its not really dangerous either - certainly no more than say alcohol is. Obviously its preferable he keeps on the straight and narrow but the fact the Daily Star's the only one running with this says it all.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:40:07 PM by Dan »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2587 on: April 19, 2015, 07:41:23 PM »
Seems it was three months ago, not that its an excuse for him as he is a total backside but only in the news as his mate Raheem has been seen doing the same and anything to get Raheem out of the spotlight is great for his club. Amazing they share the same agent really.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2588 on: April 19, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »
Sensationalism at its finest. I really fail to see the big deal here, its not illegal and as much as that article tries to make it out, its not really dangerous either - certainly no more than say alcohol is. Obviously its preferable he keeps on the straight and narrow but the fact the Daily Star's the only one running with this says it all.
I agree, but it doesn't bode well either?
My issue is that he's done something which he knew would get a media backlash over, and then he's repeated it which acknowledges he doesn't really care.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2589 on: April 19, 2015, 11:11:35 PM »
I agree, but it doesn't bode well either?
My issue is that he's done something which he knew would get a media backlash over, and then he's repeated it which acknowledges he doesn't really care.
should he care about what the media says?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2590 on: April 19, 2015, 11:16:30 PM »
should he care about what the media says?
Perhaps I worded it badly.

Berahino does care what people think; if you read some of his tweets then he's often defending his behaviour and he's also said that the media often pick at his weaknesses and build them into stories.

Personally I think this is a non-story and agree that it's harmless. I understand that it's sensationalism at it's best. However, I do find it hypocritical from Berahino that he's quick to moan about the media picking on him, and then he does something like this...again. Sure, it's pretty harmless but he knows fully well that it will cause him negativity.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2591 on: April 19, 2015, 11:19:59 PM »
Giving an unnamed source as saying, this is disappointing for a professional and International football had me laughing. Rubbish article. A mild anaesthetic that as was mentioned is no more harmful than a couple of pints.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2592 on: April 19, 2015, 11:34:27 PM »
Perhaps I worded it badly.

Berahino does care what people think; if you read some of his tweets then he's often defending his behaviour and he's also said that the media often pick at his weaknesses and build them into stories.

Personally I think this is a non-story and agree that it's harmless. I understand that it's sensationalism at it's best. However, I do find it hypocritical from Berahino that he's quick to moan about the media picking on him, and then he does something like this...again. Sure, it's pretty harmless but he knows fully well that it will cause him negativity.

You could argue that it only comes up because of fan expectation. If a paper thinks it can sell a story, it will. Therefore I believe it more shows the pathetic need to dig into famous/ successful people's lives just so they can be judged by normal people (as a stereotype, women's magazines have made an industry out of this).

He was successful last season, but not the walking Jesus Kane is made out to be (which I find funny as I believe out of the 4 England hopefuls ie Saido, Ings, Kane & Austin he's the weakest player). Coming from a smaller club as well meant they had no reason to hold back negative information as they can sell to the "see, celebrities are bad" people, so they printed the first hippy crack paper (which is legal and is basically like saying "my god, Player A went to a pub!he must be castigated") . Another example is Sterling, unsurprisingly negative press has followed him ever since he DARED to not sign his life away to the Vatican of football.

Essentially, I wouldn't be surprised if all this magically disappeared once he moved...

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2593 on: April 19, 2015, 11:37:12 PM »
Giving an unnamed source as saying, this is disappointing for a professional and International football had me laughing. Rubbish article. A mild anaesthetic that as was mentioned is no more harmful than a couple of pints.
In regular amounts, alcohol is probably MORE dangerous over time due to increased risk liver failure, yes there is documentation of overdosing, but that's the case with any drug... You can die from too much Coffee, chocolate.. Even water can kill you if you drink too much!!

FLETCH

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2594 on: April 20, 2015, 07:41:47 AM »
i would sell saido ASAP. he don't look interested.

Charlie Austin is a far better "overall" player than cheebs, brown or saido when it comes to work rate and what he brings to the team.

it aint like we even getting saidos goals now
yea i have done your mom..........so what!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2595 on: April 20, 2015, 07:56:25 AM »
i agree, get rid in the summer but whos going to want him
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2596 on: April 20, 2015, 08:08:56 AM »
Id say most teams outside the top 4 would want him, that is a complete non-story too. Don't get albion fans sometimes, seem to love hard workers who 'put a shift in' yet someone with a bit of actual technical footballing talent and a bit of arrogance to go with it (which pretty much every successful footballer has) they want to get rid. No wonder we can't move on to the next level.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2597 on: April 20, 2015, 09:36:05 AM »
On the basis of one stupid incident I would not ship him out of the club but it is not one stupid incident. It is a steady drip drip of off field indiscretions that range from the relatively petty to the downright dangerous and crassly stupid.

After the first incident of being filmed using "hippy crack" which is legal and by all accounts relatively harmless he apologised and said he would learn form the experience. Twelve months on with a drunk driving case on his rap sheet he does it again. That does not seem to be someone who is learning from his mistakes.

Setting aside the tabloid moral outrage which is as others have pointed out is easily over done. The far bigger issue is his willingness or otherwise to commit to an extended contract. With two years left this summer will be his peak market value. Equally Pulis is playing him as number 10 and that is not his game but equally he is not the big target man up front that Pulisball needs.

Overall we have a young player who has put in a few eye catching performances, might not sign a new contract is a little bit too fond of the party lifestyle and the current head coach won't play to his strengths. If someone makes a good offer then the club is going to sell.

The bigger issue for both parties is if no offer is forthcoming, then what? 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2598 on: April 20, 2015, 09:46:00 AM »
The only thing for me which is worth a rollocking is the drink driving, no excuse for that at all although there probably isn't many people who can say they haven't done it.

The rest is all petty stuff that people who have an agenda against him try and use when they are nothing stories in my opinion

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2599 on: April 20, 2015, 11:56:18 AM »
Not the brightest pin in the box really is he.
Hes already banned for DD, been caught twice doing this stuff, and boasting about it on social media.
If he's trying to work his ticket he should be aware that other managers/coaches/directors read the press as well and he's not that good at painting a very good picture of himself is he?
He should be concentrating on getting himself in the papers for the right reasons not this rubbish he persists with.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'