Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556514 times)

jim68

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2525 on: February 22, 2015, 12:42:08 AM »
Yes, Cattermole went through him from behind (no booking yet again for some reason) and he struggled limping for next ten minutes or so.
i agree  with that challenge from cattermole should have been booked but aside from that saidos passing was  shocking alot to work on yet i"m afraid a great finisher as others have said  but general play still a lot to learn but still happy with a point away from home  ;) ;) 8)

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2526 on: February 22, 2015, 07:33:11 AM »
He worked hard again today and lost his bearings after that Cattermole cut down.Very special player with time on his side.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2527 on: February 23, 2015, 09:06:55 AM »
Berahino and Brown worked well I thought. Should have took Berahino off after 65 minutes he looked either shattered or knackered.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

asa62

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2528 on: February 23, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »
I was watching on Saturday and was surprised cattermole got away with it . That  idiot poyet was grinning like a clown after as if to say "well done" . I was also amazed we didn't  make more of it after the match with the way they carried on about Lescott and Yacob .

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2529 on: February 23, 2015, 10:21:21 AM »
Yeah that challenge from Cattermole was a yellow card at least as it was awful, he is a dirty player he is.

Seemed to affect Berahino after that.

To see Poyet laughing over it though was a bit shameful on his part
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2530 on: February 23, 2015, 10:39:01 AM »
Lescott didn't lay as much as a finger on a Sunderland player and got booked, Cattermole cynically chopped Berahino down from behind and got nothing.
"This crack is really moreish."

Ihsaan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2531 on: February 28, 2015, 07:35:54 PM »
The kid really knows how to finish.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2532 on: February 28, 2015, 10:09:31 PM »
Any news on his injury or Brown's?

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2533 on: February 28, 2015, 11:13:12 PM »
Stunning goal today. I hope to God he and Bobby will be fit for the Seals. As Pulis has said Saido has the potential to be a top player but needs 'guidance'. Needs a few seasons at the Albion playing week in week out and then if he is going to move on he can move on

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2534 on: March 01, 2015, 09:53:57 AM »
Only 3 posts on here since yesterday. Had he said anything about leaving this site would have gone into meltdown. Our fans really don't appreciate how good this kid has been for us. Credit where it is due. Lets hope he scores the winner v the seals.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2535 on: March 01, 2015, 10:07:36 AM »
Really hope his injury is not bad

Absolutely stunning finish yesterday

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2536 on: March 01, 2015, 10:24:15 AM »
http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/west-bromwich-albion-tony-pulis-saido-berahino-2303144.aspx#ePCw8FiJO4HW0xlR.99

"He was carrying an injury and hadn't trained all week. He needed an injection"

Not fully fit but still score a stunning goal.That's why I opposed the club to sell him in winter transfer window.You can't let your goalscorer left in january,never.

The PRIDE of midlands

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2537 on: March 01, 2015, 02:18:24 PM »
Only 3 posts on here since yesterday. Had he said anything about leaving this site would have gone into meltdown. Our fans really don't appreciate how good this kid has been for us. Credit where it is due. Lets hope he scores the winner v the seals.

For me I think this is because most of us are worried about the injury and whether he'll be fit for Tuesday/Saturday. I felt deflated about him after the game, not cause of his performance but because he limped off and you can see so much of our attacking flair go with him.

It was a stunning strike, which I full expect to be in the goal of the month on MOTD tonight  8)

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2538 on: March 01, 2015, 02:28:29 PM »

I think it's mostly a few issues which I think most people would deem to be facts:

A) He's a talent, a fairly big one, according to Wiki he's got 26 goals in 67 games for us, which is 38 goals in 100 games at all Pro levels. That is a huge talent and he'll only get better over the next 3 or 4 years.

B) He's not that bright and he's obviously not got great support giving him good advice. There's been about 6 incidents over the past 3 years and I don't really blame him. Fame, money and people telling you you're great must be difficult to deal with coming from nothing.

C) He is capable of playing at a higher level and wants to.

D) He's our first youth team player to really hit the big time in a very long time.

I think all of this means he's doing a great job for us, but he won't be here for long and thus i don't think he'll ever get any real affection from the fans. Even if he were to totally fake it, if he publicly approached the fans like Bobby does, he'd be loved and most of us would wish him well when he moves onto Man City's Bench.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2539 on: March 01, 2015, 06:33:05 PM »
He's got class in his finishing, no doubt about that. Just about all his goals have a touch of class about how he strikes the ball. That was a difficult shot to control especially with his left foot which seems to be only marginally weaker than his right. I was expecting it to fly over the bar.
Sky said both Saido and Bobby are being assessed re knee injuries. Hope they are wrong and it is a foot injury with Saido.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2540 on: March 19, 2015, 02:01:55 PM »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2541 on: March 19, 2015, 02:05:45 PM »
He won't see it as an omission based on form/attitude he will just take it personally and think they are out to get him or something like that. Que a daft statement/interview from Saido about Hodgson/England/The FA.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:10:21 PM by BB74 »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2542 on: March 19, 2015, 02:08:24 PM »
The penny will drop soon with Saido unless he's Balotelli-like stupid. If your attitude is pooh, you won't get where you want to be. If he grows up and wises up, there'll be plenty of opportunities for him.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2543 on: March 19, 2015, 02:23:38 PM »
Youd think the smart thing to do was pick the strikers who have scored the most goals. Saido over Danny Wellbeck any day of the week.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2544 on: March 19, 2015, 02:26:06 PM »
Given that he has been reportedly carrying an injury for some time I was quite happy for him to have been left out.

Pity he made the U21's if I am honest.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2545 on: March 19, 2015, 02:30:13 PM »
Youd think the smart thing to do was pick the strikers who have scored the most goals. Saido over Danny Wellbeck any day of the week.

Welbeck is my pet hate, I think he is ****. He does get goals for England but never when it matters, against top opposition when it's needed. He would never get in a squad of mine. A flat track bully, not good enough technically at the very highest level.

Berahino has the natural ability but he's too naively arrogant at the monent, he needs to understand the bigger picture and get his head right. If he does that he can have a big future at any level. If he doesn't do that he'll waste his potential. People can only offer so much help, at the end of the day it's down to him.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:16:12 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2546 on: March 19, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »
I actually think he will take it on the chin and just get on with things. I would hope that Roy phoned him for a chat and pep-talk about his future England prospects.

Additionally, I would suspect his agent and TP would also be counselling and mentoring him. The best demonstration he can give Roy of his dedication and professionalism is by scoring goals from now until the end of the season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2547 on: March 19, 2015, 05:07:54 PM »
The thing is even though he is back on form you can't really argue with him being left out on merit regardless of questions over his fitness and attitude.

Rooney and Sturridge are the 2 best CF's we have by some distance. Kane is undoubtedly deserving of a call up which leaves a shoot out between Welbeck and Berahino.

Berahino's club form is definitely better than Welbecks even with his previous drought. But for whatever reason Welbeck manages to score goals at a good ratio for England whilst performing a number of other duties well. Considering Rooney or Sturridge will be playing the CF role you would rather have Welbeck in that left sided attacking role that Berahino.

Throw in Berahino going through a dry spell a couple of months back, questions over his attitude and fitness and the fact he plays for West Brom and not Arsenal and it's not a surprise.

Unless next season he can score 25 goals, or Kane drops off badly he's not going to get a look in unless one of Rooney/Sturridge/Welbeck gets injured (or he joins a top 6 club in which case he will automatically be in the squad) 

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2548 on: March 19, 2015, 05:12:21 PM »
Welbeck seems happier to play the wide role under Hodgson, where I'm not sure Saido would be. Sure he's done it, both under AI and TP, but I get the feeling he would be more vocal about wanting to play up top

He/him

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2549 on: March 19, 2015, 11:15:40 PM »
Welbeck seems happier to play the wide role under Hodgson, where I'm not sure Saido would be. Sure he's done it, both under AI and TP, but I get the feeling he would be more vocal about wanting to play up top
I think Saido has played wide for the under 21s on occasions and I doubt even he would be too pushy about playing centrally for the full team at this stage.
Think its more that Hodgson wants to be loyal to the people who have produced the goods and Welbeck has played pretty well for him in fairness.