Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556608 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2475 on: February 08, 2015, 02:28:16 PM »
Thought he was poor and missed open goal from inside 6 yard box.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2476 on: February 08, 2015, 02:28:19 PM »
Wasn't happy with Saido in the tunnel today, Fletcher tapped him as he went by and he completely ignored him.

But he came on today and I thought he did well..

A much better option than Anichebe, as strong as him and holds the ball up better aswell as being a goal threat.

Cant stand the lad but can't fault his effort today for the team
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2477 on: February 08, 2015, 02:29:43 PM »
Thought he was poor and missed open goal from inside 6 yard box.

I thought he was going to rifle it home as well!

Good fingertips from the keeper but still lucky to have a man on the line to block it...thought it was a handball at first glance

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2478 on: February 08, 2015, 02:32:02 PM »
I thought he was going to rifle it home as well!

Good fingertips from the keeper but still lucky to have a man on the line to block it...thought it was a handball at first glance

Looked like handball from the stand.

Pulisisabaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2479 on: February 08, 2015, 03:46:45 PM »
He tried hard today good job needs better service.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2480 on: February 08, 2015, 04:05:16 PM »
Apparently resting him because of 3 close games
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2481 on: February 08, 2015, 04:37:29 PM »
I don't care about what he said outside the pitch,as long as he works hard and gives 100% on the pitch.I didn't find any attitude problem from him today.
The PRIDE of midlands

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #2482 on: February 08, 2015, 06:35:15 PM »
Don't think anyone can complain about him on the pitch today and if you are then for me you are nitpicking for no reason. Did well and didn't deserve the pathetic booing when he came on.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2483 on: February 08, 2015, 07:40:01 PM »
Definite split in the fan base - some cheering, some booing and some just totally indifferent towards him.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2484 on: February 08, 2015, 09:08:16 PM »
Anyone who was booing him are pathetic and an embarrassment to the club, he's just been badly advised and came out and said what every single player at this club would if they had the potential and ambition to play for a top 6 club. He worked hard missed a good chance but his movement getting in behind today to just see embarrassing balls being hoofed nowhere near him would frustrate any striker.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2485 on: February 12, 2015, 01:26:12 PM »
No-ones posted in here yet so I thought I would be the first.

The kid was fantastic lady night, worked his socks off, linked well with the rest of the team and took his goal very well. Keep it up and let your goals do the talking. Was interesting to see him retweet Ian weight after the game with something to the effect of 'people can't twist goals' . Also read into his celebration what you will
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2486 on: February 12, 2015, 01:32:46 PM »
Thought he played well last night.
Dropped back when needed to help out in midfield and linked well with Ideye.
Cracking finish for the second goal too.
More of the same please Saido.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2487 on: February 12, 2015, 01:39:02 PM »
He is a young KID with the world at his feet & like 99% of people he/they need  to think before they open their mouth, let your feet do your talking SB just like TP has told you

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2488 on: February 12, 2015, 01:57:09 PM »
the smile was back on his face and he held the badge when he scored, not kissed it.Good to see
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2489 on: February 12, 2015, 07:06:09 PM »
The guy is a natural finisher.  Sort out the other issues with his game and he could become a great player.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2490 on: February 12, 2015, 07:08:25 PM »
the smile was back on his face and he held the badge when he scored, not kissed it.Good to see

Holding and kissing the badge means nothing.

He won't be holding or kissing the badge when he gets offered £60k elsewhere.

Saying that, I thought he was very good last night, both going forward and defensively.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

MulumbuPower!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2491 on: February 13, 2015, 12:22:17 AM »
Interesting bit about Berahino and the FA at the end of this article.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/jack-wilshere-roy-hodgson-forgives-arsenal-midfielder-and-reveals-his-own-shisha-session-10042984.html

Hodgson also revealed that Berahino, 21, who pleaded guilty to drink-driving last month, was contacted by the Football Association and reminded of his responsibilities as an England footballer by Dan Ashworth, the FA’s technical director. Berahino, a key player for the Under-21s, was selected in Hodgson’s last senior squad but is yet to make his senior debut.

Hodgson said: “It’s been dealt with. He [Berahino] has been reprimanded and as far as we are concerned the matter is closed. It is up to him to put that behind him and show with his future behaviour that he has taken the reprimand on board.”

Quite like that it was Dan Ashworth that gave him a talking to. I wonder if he had to have words with Berahino before when he was the T.D?
I'd like to apologise for my spelling and grammar. I post from my phone.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2492 on: February 13, 2015, 08:14:06 AM »
Interesting bit about Berahino and the FA at the end of this article.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/jack-wilshere-roy-hodgson-forgives-arsenal-midfielder-and-reveals-his-own-shisha-session-10042984.html

Hodgson also revealed that Berahino, 21, who pleaded guilty to drink-driving last month, was contacted by the Football Association and reminded of his responsibilities as an England footballer by Dan Ashworth, the FA’s technical director. Berahino, a key player for the Under-21s, was selected in Hodgson’s last senior squad but is yet to make his senior debut.

Hodgson said: “It’s been dealt with. He [Berahino] has been reprimanded and as far as we are concerned the matter is closed. It is up to him to put that behind him and show with his future behaviour that he has taken the reprimand on board.”

Quite like that it was Dan Ashworth that gave him a talking to. I wonder if he had to have words with Berahino before when he was the T.D?

Probably, when he got returned from Brentford after 'attitude problems'.
Baggie in Southampton

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2493 on: February 13, 2015, 09:29:25 AM »
He gets a lot of reprimands doesn't he. Doesn't seem to have sunk in yet that he has responsibilities beyond his performances on the pitch.

The bloke is 21 now, I wonder if it ever will?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

jTony

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2494 on: February 14, 2015, 12:44:22 AM »
http://www.thfclatest.com/2014/02/14/berahino-i-need-to-watch-my-comments/

SAIDO BERAHINO insists he will always wear his heart on his sleeve and be honest in saying what he believes when the time is right.

The West Brom striker angered some Baggies fans by admitting he could move on to “bigger things” once Albion’s top-flight future is assured.

Berahino’s outburst saw him dropped by manager Tony Pulis but the 21-year-old took his goal tally for the season to 15 when recalled for the 2-0 midweek win over Swansea.

That record has seen the England Under-21 star being tracked by the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham.

Whatever happens in the future, he will find it hard to change but admits he needs to think more carefully about future comments.

Ahead of today’s FA Cup clash at home to West Ham, Berahino revealed: “It’s important to say what you believe. Everyone should be able to give their opinion when the time is right.

“Some might take what you say the wrong way because it can come across differently to certain people. You have to know when it’s the right time to speak your mind.

“You could say the most harmless thing and someone will always take it the wrong way. I’ve gone through that this season and last season.

“I tend to make headlines with certain comments but I don’t really take too much notice of any bad things that might be said about me.”

Pulis made his feelings known when he dropped Berahino for the draw at Burnley, before giving him a second chance at home to the Swans.

Berahino bears no grudges because he is a massive admirer of how honest Pulis is with his squad.

And ‘Bera’ can pinpoint the exact moment when every West Brom player was left in no doubt what Pulis expected when he took over from Alan Irvine.

Pulis’ straight-talking demand was made at half-time at Birmingham, where the Baggies were bidding to reach the FA Cup fifth round.

West Brom started the Midlands derby like a train with two quick goals, only to infuriate Pulis by easing off before the break.

Berahino admitted: “Lack of effort is something that would really annoy the manager.

“The most I have seen him fired up was half-time at St Andrew’s in the last round of the FA Cup.

“He said, ‘If no one wants to work for me right now, then let me know and you can come and sit next to me on the bench and don’t take any part’.
“I suppose it was a bit of a classic half-time team-talk because it forced us to put in greater effort and worked, as we won 2-1.

“He is who he is. He is one of the game’s strong characters and is not afraid to put his opinion across.

“Yes, he is old school but old school works for him as a manager. I don’t think he is ever going to change for anybody because it works and he has a great record of keeping teams in the Premier League.

“His starting point with players is total commitment. He says hard work can beat anything.

“He believes if you outwork your opponent, then you are giving it a right go and, if they beat you, then it is done through skill or a bit of flair but not hard work.”

Pulis, 57, has built a reputation on walking into clubs in deep trouble before turning them around in spectacular fashion — and has yet to be relegated as a manager.

His survival blueprint is stunningly simple — work, work and work some more and Berahino is one of those who has bought in to what last season’s manager of the year preaches.

Berahino added: “When he took over, he stressed how he wanted to get all the lads playing as a team and the need to stick together as a group, especially the way things have been going for us this season.

“He has a game-plan, wants us to stick to it and not be afraid of playing with confidence and for each other — which is the most important thing. It’s about the team, not any individual.

“What makes him one of the best? His attention to detail is spot on. In fact, his attention to everything is.”

Pulis’ impact at The Hawthorns is backed up by the stats.

Before he took over West Brom had lost seven in nine but, with him in the hotseat, they have lost just one in seven.

Berahino said: “We have tightened up considerably at the back and you can’t knock the man down for that.

“Also, in his first two games — West Ham and then Gateshead in the FA Cup — we scored eight goals, so we can’t complain there, either.

“The manager has been trying to get me to run over 13 kilometres in each match. He pointed out that the very top players — your Agueros and Messis — all run that kind of distance and he wants me to reach that level of running as well.

“If I can look back at the end of the season with 15-20 goals then it will make me a very happy man — it would make my manager a very happy man as well!

“As far as goals go, it couldn’t have gone much better for me. I planned to get into double figures, now the aim is to finish in the Premier League’s top-five goalscorers.

“It’s going to be hard for us but what puts a smile on my face is the fact I’m chipping in with goals.

“And I’m still learning — don’t forget I’m only 21.”
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:41:13 AM by OldburyWBA »

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2495 on: February 14, 2015, 06:02:02 AM »
It's nice to see that Berahino has changed his mind and he admires Pulis very much,a win-win situation for him and the club.
The PRIDE of midlands

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2496 on: February 14, 2015, 07:46:09 AM »
I'll give it three weeks before he says something daft again. Saido will never not learn. Get rid in the summer for anything more than £15m.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:06:16 AM by BB74 »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2497 on: February 14, 2015, 11:53:03 AM »
Berahino has just been on Soccer AM and his comments about his future in football would suggest he is now toeing the party line, which is good as it demonstrates  the lad is learning from his previous indiscretions and credit to him for that.

PS he scored a lovely goal the other night, more please
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Ihsaan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2498 on: February 14, 2015, 04:50:14 PM »
He's the most natural finisher I've seen for us in a long long time. 16 goals in February, could well go on to hit 20-25 this season which would be a great return for a 21 year old (and justifies the lofty price tag).

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2499 on: February 14, 2015, 05:00:44 PM »
Very good finish again today, but something amiss in general play?