Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556580 times)

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2450 on: February 06, 2015, 10:19:23 PM »
Always be grateful for what you've got and never forgot where you've come from. Unfortunately Saido is probably being influenced off the pitch by hangers on. Good lad under the surface I'm sure. Hope he sorts himself out.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2451 on: February 06, 2015, 10:50:39 PM »
This is a storm in a teacup.  If he keeps us up he's done his job.  If someone is going to double his wages and play for a club in champions league next season and we receive £20 million so what?  The difference between Kane and Berahino is 1 plays with world class players and the other plays in a snail like midfield with little quality.  Until we get sharper in terms of buying better players and ruthless with ones below standard then it'll happen again and again.  The days of player loyalty are gone for good, get used to it.  This is the work of the London media, desperate to see little West Bromwich relegated instead of the West London glamour boys QPR.  They don't like the fact we've got Pulis and are desperate to unsettle the camp.

I cannot express how much I agree with this  ;D
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2452 on: February 07, 2015, 08:32:19 AM »
This is a storm in a teacup.  If he keeps us up he's done his job.  If someone is going to double his wages and play for a club in champions league next season and we receive £20 million so what?  The difference between Kane and Berahino is 1 plays with world class players and the other plays in a snail like midfield with little quality.  Until we get sharper in terms of buying better players and ruthless with ones below standard then it'll happen again and again.  The days of player loyalty are gone for good, get used to it.  This is the work of the London media, desperate to see little West Bromwich relegated instead of the West London glamour boys QPR.  They don't like the fact we've got Pulis and are desperate to unsettle the camp.

I can think of a media pundit with connections not far from here, who would love to see us fail.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2453 on: February 07, 2015, 09:11:38 AM »
Judging by his comments yesterday Pulis has got him worked out. Quick to stress that not one club made an enquiry for him in January and he is a long way to go before he's ready for a big move. All Saido has to do is let his football do the talking and if he goes on to realise his potential then his big move will come much sooner.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2454 on: February 07, 2015, 09:44:32 AM »
Just watched him on Fantasy Fun on Sky Sports. The host posed a question where he said 'West Brom have a penalty shoot out in the Champions League final - hilarious who wrote these questions I know it's fantasy but come on!' And he looked genuinely annoyed at him saying that.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2455 on: February 07, 2015, 11:06:34 AM »
Pulis said he'd 'had a word with Saido's people' ....assume that means agent(s). They are making Saido look a bit of a dick at the moment and I'm sure Pulis will have mentioned words to that effect.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2456 on: February 07, 2015, 12:51:37 PM »
I can think of a media pundit with connections not far from here, who would love to see us fail.

Can imagine he'll be in for a right doggin' of it live on air if the Vile go down instead.
 8).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2457 on: February 07, 2015, 01:58:15 PM »
It is not a storm in a tea cup, its most likely going to upset the dressing room. get rid asap
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2458 on: February 07, 2015, 02:05:40 PM »
Hope he is watching Harry Kane today...does his talking on the pitch and infront of RH...needs to shut up and get on doing what he is paid extremely well for...in danger of becoming Balotteli Mark 2

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2459 on: February 07, 2015, 02:13:52 PM »
Hope he is watching Harry Kane today...does his talking on the pitch and infront of RH...needs to shut up and get on doing what he is paid extremely well for...in danger of becoming Balotteli Mark 2

Well Roy Hodgson certainly is and I know who I'd prefer as my first choice striker between the two of them if I were Roy.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2460 on: February 07, 2015, 02:15:54 PM »
Lets hope hes not picked for England peg him back a peg or two
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2461 on: February 07, 2015, 02:33:55 PM »
After watching Harry Kane today. .SB will be lucky to be picked to carry the kit off the England Team Bus..

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2462 on: February 07, 2015, 02:54:48 PM »
Kane is a different class - by miles.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2463 on: February 07, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »

Yeah! Kane has a great attitude. Saido would do well to take note!

merson94

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2464 on: February 07, 2015, 04:40:38 PM »
Saido pretty much sums up what I don't like about modern footballers. Completely un appreciative of what he has got and has treated us so disgracefully, seeing as we took him in and looked after him for most of his life in this country and for him to talk and act like he has is so poor. If he thinks he can walk into the likes of Tottenham and Liverpool first team he must be dreaming.
EAT MY GOOOOAAALLLLL

reynirver

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2465 on: February 07, 2015, 05:08:49 PM »
If we can get £20 million for a lad who scores half of his goals from penalties than that would be amazing.

Hes just very very overrated british player like most british players are. He will have serious problems getting in starting eleven after 2-3 years at this club given that he stays and we won't be relegated.

But having said that, the guy is in his prime and could score the goals that could keep us up, and I hope he does.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2466 on: February 07, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »
If Saido was foreign he'd be valued around £8million. Not simply down to talent but his age and the fact he is a striker.

Because he is English this increased to around £15million +.

It's a shame that one of the best academy products we have produced in a long time is so disliked; he conducts himself poorly though and the ill feeling from many fans' is thoroughly merited. Saido seems to be speak humbly whilst acting in a supercilious manner, add that too his driving conviction and various other misdemeanour's and this feeling has been amplified. For me his talent IS in doubt as well, I do think he is overrated, whilst having the potential to be a very competent premiership player he is not at the same level as Kane at the moment. He may become a top four player, he may not. I would happily see us make a substantial sum of money from his sale and reinvest it in the summer.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2467 on: February 07, 2015, 05:42:38 PM »
I think we need some perspective here.  Burnley are in a similar situation with Danny Ings.  Berahino and Ings are probably on a similar level ability wise.  They're doing a great job for teams in and around the bottom 3.  The likelihood is both will depart in the summer to new clubs.  However, one club will gain £20 million, the other compensation as he's under 24 so let's say £3 million.  Now who will have the best deal?

Why be downbeat about the situation when the kid could earn WBA a whopping £20 million?  Saying Berahino is no good is childish IMO.  Without the lad's goals we could be rock bottom right now as no-one else regularly hits the onion bag.  He has said and done some bad things but he's only young.  I don't personally know him so would rather judge on footballing ability.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2468 on: February 07, 2015, 06:20:00 PM »
What annoyss me in this debate are the comparsions to Kane. Kane is already at a big club, so has no reason to look for an exit strategy. He is a more rounded player, but whenever they have played together in the u-21s it is Berahino who has shone.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2469 on: February 07, 2015, 06:26:17 PM »
What annoyss me in this debate are the comparsions to Kane. Kane is already at a big club, so has no reason to look for an exit strategy. He is a more rounded player, but whenever they have played together in the u-21s it is Berahino who has shone.

Under 21 records mean little as the opposition is mostly poor. Francis Jeffers shone for the under 21s. Craig Dawson has a great record yet he's an average player. Kane has forced himself into the first team of a big club and is shining, Tottenham are a top 6 club not a top 4 club and he wouldn't get in front of Kane. I use the comparison because I don't think he is good enough to be selected for a top 6 club let alone 4. He's at the right level at the moment if he wants a regular platform to play or he can go and do what Rickie Lambert is doing
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:27:53 PM by KingKoren »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2470 on: February 07, 2015, 07:03:48 PM »

There are enough similarities between the two players that it is enevitable they will be comparators I'm afraid.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2471 on: February 07, 2015, 08:33:28 PM »
Kane is a different class - by miles.
Do's he get better service from his team mates YES
is he better in front of a camera YES
is he better in how he conducts himself in his life YES
is he a better forward NO
is he a better finisher NO
P/S HK as a better attitude to the game to.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2472 on: February 08, 2015, 11:10:31 AM »
Saido's unauthorized interview was an embarrassment and has resulted in him being publicly criticised by the manager, possibly fined by the club and, if we believe media stories, given a hard time by his team mates, all of which seems perfectly understandable. But it did occur to me that there is an element of double standards going on. Joleon Lescott also did an unauthorised (presumably) interview in which he was critical of the manager and suggested that he wouldnt play where the manager told him to play (albeit that most fans would agree that he was right). Yet no public telling off or fine for Lescott. I know the two situations are different, but in both cases what was said could be interpreted as arrogant or petulent or not knowing their place, yet the reactions are a million miles apart.

PepeMel

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2473 on: February 08, 2015, 11:13:31 AM »
Deserverd to be dropped

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2474 on: February 08, 2015, 02:24:23 PM »
I think the lad did OK when he came on today. No sign of any sulking at being dropped to the bench and worked hard for the team IMO.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部