Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556595 times)

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2375 on: February 05, 2015, 04:09:37 PM »
Not sure what the fuss is here.

It's been an open secret that Saido will be going at the end of this season. The contract talks were halted ages ago. Nothing has changed. The only thing that's happened is that Berahino has spoken (hardly in intemperate terms) to a news outlet without the club's permission. He didn't say anything bad or suprising about either the Albion or his own ambitions.

The Baggies are happy to move him on for a pot of money. If a club had come in with a big offer last week they'd have taken it. Both parties (SB and WBA) are realistic about this.

(Sadly) I'm old enough to remember Bryan Robson's departure to ManU in the early 80s. He was courted by Utd and Liverpool for ages, and Albion offered him a pot of money to stay, but he let it be known that he wanted out, and put in a transfer request. Can't see that Berahino's situation is much different. So long as he keeps playing with a professional attitude (which he's said he'll do, and which he'll need to do in order to demonstrate to "bigger" clubs that he is the type of player that will be worth rewarding with a contract) then everything will be fine.

He could do a lot worse: refuse to play, not put in any effort etc. Many players do this in order to force a move.

I'm with you mate I honestly can't believe the backlash, the only quote I can find is this;

“If I can keep them in the Premier League and score as many goals as I can, I’m pretty sure the fans wouldn’t mind me pushing on and going on to bigger things.”

If that is giving people the hump then maybe its them with the issues not Saido. Its not as if out of no where he has thought to himself he's getting a big move people have been on about it for about 5 months.

He has not disrespected the club or nothing like players such as Robbo and Curtis Davies did. Just a shame that we have waited years for a young lad to come through the academy and now we have one the fans can't wait to get rid  :-\
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:18:13 PM by leeiswba »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2376 on: February 05, 2015, 04:10:04 PM »
Talking about him on Talksport if anyones interested

Can you post a précis of what was said?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2377 on: February 05, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »
Seeing what he has said holds no surprises for anyone who has also seen the totally idiotic sort of money the likes of Ronaldo are on.

He has said he wants to keep us up and is focused on doing so.

We have stated that if someone comes in with the right amount of money we will sell him.

Loyalty works both ways and in the current fantasy world of modern football it does not mean anything when tempted with a huge pay cheque for the player or the club.

Lets hope to goodness he stays focused and scores a plenty, because if he doesn't we are relegated.

But how id like Brown Ideye to come on after 75 minutes at Turf Moor and score a hat-trick!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 04:29:27 PM by kris_boing »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2378 on: February 05, 2015, 04:39:24 PM »
Seeing what he has said holds no surprises for anyone who has also seen the totally idiotic sort of money the likes of Ronaldo are on.

He has said he wants to keep us up and is focused on doing so.

We have stated that if someone comes in with the right amount of money we will sell him.

Loyalty works both ways and in the current fantasy world of modern football it does not mean anything when tempted with a huge pay cheque for the player or the club.

Lets hope to goodness he stays focused and scores a plenty, because if he doesn't we are relegated.

But how id like Brown Ideye to come on after 75 minutes at Turf Moor and score a hat-trick!

Melchester rovers I'm afraid ! Would be nice if dreams came true though :D
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2379 on: February 05, 2015, 04:44:20 PM »
Melchester rovers I'm afraid ! Would be nice if dreams came true though :D

hah ha true. More Blackey Grey than Brown Ideye!!!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2380 on: February 05, 2015, 04:52:16 PM »
Surely there MUST be a few talented strikers in the lower leagues who would snap our hands off to play for 'little old albion'. I really don't get this current obsession with 'premiership experience' etc. Most premiership players are hardly Messi are they? It cant be that much of a step-up to play up front for us. And enjoy every second of it.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2381 on: February 05, 2015, 05:03:15 PM »
Between 5-6 on talksport, give them a call
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2382 on: February 05, 2015, 05:09:54 PM »
I wonder what tony thinks.we will know on Sunday .seriously when I think of bomber brown and what he earned this little shirt wants a good kicking . Sorry lads that's my opinion .

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2383 on: February 05, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »
I honestly cant wait for the summer to come along so we can sell the arrogant little tosser.  I'm beyond sick of hearing about him now.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2384 on: February 05, 2015, 06:15:32 PM »
Dare I say it?..... What about Lee Hughes?
He could tell him what can happen when you go "over the top" with anything, and the consequences.
Also he would make a good back up striker.

simonbaggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2385 on: February 05, 2015, 06:24:28 PM »
Alright saying sell him - needs to find someone to buy him first. If he keeps saying in the media he wants to leave, and has a lazy attitude who is going to want to pay a lot of money for him?

Liverpool look set to sign Ings
Spurs have Kane on fire / would probably go for Austin if qpr go down

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2386 on: February 05, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »
Same, sad to state of affairs that we have to use him as a means to an end because we screwed the transfer window up. Not a great example to other players, but we have no choice.

Unless Ideye miraculously comes up good in the next few weeks.
.    How did we screw the transfer window up ?. Typical fans Boo a player who loves the club in Brown and want him out . Yet a player who the club have looked after, educated, housed him and his family , put him a position where he will have the wealth most people can only dream  does nothing but try and undermine the club who feed him I say don't offer him a new contract , make him see out his present one till 2017 and only sell him  when it suits the club 

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2387 on: February 05, 2015, 06:42:35 PM »
Alright saying sell him - needs to find someone to buy him first. If he keeps saying in the media he wants to leave, and has a lazy attitude who is going to want to pay a lot of money for him?

Liverpool look set to sign Ings
Spurs have Kane on fire / would probably go for Austin if qpr go down
Regarding saido : if his ability matched his mouth and ego , he would have been playing for a top Four side already.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2388 on: February 05, 2015, 06:51:22 PM »
Crazy backlash. Sometimes I wonder if his background works against him in the eyes of some fans.

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2389 on: February 05, 2015, 07:13:21 PM »
Crazy backlash. Sometimes I wonder if his background works against him in the eyes of some fans.

For me the backlash is because this statement is the straw that broke the camels back, it's not the statement alone that has caused all this but after all of the shenanigans listed on here there has to be a point of no return with regards his actions.

Yes, other players have done silly things off the pitch (we've had our fair share!) but the continual list of off field mistakes and attitude issues coupled with the "I'm too good for you lot" statement has become too much.

I love players to be ambitious and want to move on, I don't even mind them mentioning it (occasionally) but there are ways of doing it that keeps everyone onside. Saido is too young to remember Enzo but if he wanted to see a young player enjoying his game at the Albion and then moving to a big club it wouldn't be a bad place to start!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2390 on: February 05, 2015, 07:23:25 PM »
You really want to like an Albion natural goalscorer - how often do they come along !

However, this guy really does make it difficult to take to him with his persistent attitude problems.

Unfortunately, with our failings in the Transfer Window to bring in a competent striker, we have to rely upon this guy to knuckle down and stay on form and injury free - literally our survival is in his hands as none of the other players have the ability to hit the net regularly.

Imagine having to rely upon Vic and Ideye for a period of time ?  Might as well hold up the white flag because those two will struggle to get another 5 league goals against them.

Very sad situation and yet another feeling that we've been here before.................... >:(
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2391 on: February 05, 2015, 07:25:00 PM »
.    How did we screw the transfer window up ?.

Must have missed something then ?   Did we get a striker and another pacey winger/forward player in then ?

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2392 on: February 05, 2015, 07:44:52 PM »
Crazy backlash my backside . Stick to facts . From an early age he has been looked after by the club . He was on 800 pound a week which is more than a lot of people get . This supposedly was increased to 14k a week . Not a bad rise hey . Numerous examples of bad behaviour and this is his latest example . His colour is nowt to do with it . His behaviour has . Some people don't have the values of respect for our club . I would have run a mile to play for this great club . He has been given a talent , it's time he started to repay the great way he has been treated.

baggiecarl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2393 on: February 05, 2015, 08:04:13 PM »
Well ,if Saido keeps his own counsel and shows a touch of humility ; instead of referring to the club as keeping "Them up" instead of  "Us UP"  , then there would be no perceived  backlash or hostility towards him.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2394 on: February 05, 2015, 09:08:30 PM »
He is in desperate need of some proper media/PR coaching. He needs to learn to dodge/ignore certain questions from the press which may cause controversy. In short, he needs to start giving generic/boring/predictable answers to questions and a lot of this trouble would go away.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2395 on: February 05, 2015, 10:23:04 PM »
He is in desperate need of some proper media/PR coaching. He needs to learn to dodge/ignore certain questions from the press which may cause controversy. In short, he needs to start giving generic/boring/predictable answers to questions and a lot of this trouble would go away.

Or better still just keep his mouth shut. Act dumb, he should be able to do that with aplomb
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2396 on: February 05, 2015, 10:41:36 PM »

It's a fair point. But you would suspect that avoiding leading questions is a basic thing that is taught to young footballers.

The Journo no doubt asked him "so what happens after this season". I doubt he just starting off on that line without being asked. But as others have said, he needed to give an answer that was non committal. It's not like his agent won't be telling the top 8 clubs what they really want.

Either he has no one in his life giving him decent advice, or he's really really stupid. Probably both! It's just a huge shame, because he could easily play this differently. Still leave for a Champions League club, but leave with our blessing. This way around I'm going to end up hoping his knee explodes like Pete's the day after he goes.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2397 on: February 05, 2015, 11:04:05 PM »
Must have missed something then ?   Did we get a striker and another pacey winger/forward player in then ?
.    Fact! the parent club pulled the plug on the Cole deal. 2  Must have forgot about  Mr McManaman signing  3 People read into to Much press hype when players names are banded about in the papers , andalso read Bill Howells tweets on transfer deadline day we was trying to bring in another But unless you are the Chelsea's of this world with the odd millions in petty cash it's a bad time to do business ,ask Hull,Burnley, and QPR

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2398 on: February 05, 2015, 11:12:51 PM »
.    Fact! the parent club pulled the plug on the Cole deal. 2  Must have forgot about  Mr McManaman signing  3 People read into to Much press hype when players names are banded about in the papers , andalso read Bill Howells tweets on transfer deadline day we was trying to bring in another But unless you are the Chelsea's of this world with the odd millions in petty cash it's a bad time to do business ,ask Hull,Burnley, and QPR

No, hadn't missed that but Cole was hardly the greatest after a month of trying ! Plus we NEEDED more in key areas.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2399 on: February 05, 2015, 11:27:44 PM »
No, hadn't missed that but Cole was hardly the greatest after a month of trying ! Plus we NEEDED more in key areas.
.    Is that your opinion or Tony Pulis or is it the Royal We. Only I haven't heard any quote from our Manager/ Head Coach on a disappointing transfer window , matter a fact I think he got his two main targets