Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556486 times)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #2225 on: February 01, 2015, 01:29:39 PM »
To be fair it wasn't just one fan, as I was sat right in front of this argument there were at least 20 or 30 swearing and abusing him. It's absolutely ridiculous, people wonder why he gets moody or doesn't seem to be enjoying himself but how would a fan like it if 20 or 30 people came into their place of work and started abusing them.

As long as it's not personal that's all part of being a high profile, highly paid footballer !

Up my wage and conditions to that of a 'Berahino' and I'd gladly take the rough with the smooth !
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2226 on: February 01, 2015, 01:32:23 PM »
Maybe not but remember he was most likely frustrated already at the time, as we were losing. If he is already in a bad frame of mind then it wouldn't take too much for him to snap- he is human.

Plus I think you trivialise the 'full scale abuse'. One of the fans three rows back shouted 'I'm going to break your f***ing mums neck'. Now you may reduce that to 'diddums' but I for one would definitely react to that.

If that was said then that's gone over the top and I'd expect fellow Albion fans to get the bloke chucked out!

Baggie Boy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2227 on: February 01, 2015, 01:35:00 PM »
If that was said then that's gone over the top and I'd expect fellow Albion fans to get the bloke chucked out!

It was that quote I am/was objecting to, as I've said before the paying fan has a right to complain but this was OTT.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2228 on: February 01, 2015, 01:56:25 PM »
Fans are very cynical these days. I remember Colin West  getting dogs abuse following lacklustre displays with no goals. To abuse your top scorer who came through the youth system from 10yrs old and who is the clubs greatest asset is just weird! It's like people are bitter about their own lives so turn up to matches wanting make our players suffer. We are like Wolves a few years ago!

All stems from the amount of money modern day footballers earn for being bang average the majority of the time.

Berahino is a typical young English footballer in many respects and destined for mediocrity. Score a few goals then all of a sudden he's the best thing since sliced bread and worth £25m.

Maybe it's different for the slightly younger generation but I just can't take to him. He's another one who's off the pitch antics will see him fade into obscurity.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2229 on: February 01, 2015, 02:17:33 PM »
People go to football matches for many different reasons. In the "passionate good old days" that some people are being all misty eyed about the main reason for some attending games was for a bust up. Although things have changed I still question some supporters motives since abusive behaviour comes in many different forms.

Most of those who are having a go at Saido are resentful of his talent and success and justify this petty behaviour with "if I had that much money" type whining. I agree that the greed league is wrong but it ain't Saido's fault.  He is a young chap trying to make sense of it as much as we are. Money don't bring happiness and there are plenty of examples of people being destroyed by fame and fortune - as far as I am concerned you can stick it!
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2230 on: February 01, 2015, 03:14:25 PM »
Nobody has actually said that the fan who said anything 'couldn't take it'. You're missing the whole point. Us, the paying supporters, are there to watch so called professional footballers play football. No matter what gets said. In a passionate atmosphere of a football match things get said, it is not like walking down the street and shouting abuse is it. You don't here 20,000 people up Merry Hill chanting "The toilet cleaner's a w*****" or such like do you? You can't compare the two. These players are getting paid obscene amounts of money to play football and the fans are paying obscene amount of money to watch it. If I and thousnds of others are spending more money than they can really afford watching some overpaid arrogant football under performing, I've got every right to be fuming.

Berahino was the only one who looked remotely troubling Spurs yesterday. I've seen from your other posts you say why shouldn't fans have a pop well they're more than likely the same 'fans' who moan when players go straight down the tunnel after a game, you can't pick and choose when to support the team and when not to.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2231 on: February 01, 2015, 03:36:11 PM »
Always been like that and it'll never change BUT be careful what you wish for as if you taken the passion out of the ground then you are left with nothing.

I'm not wishing for anything, I just find it hilarious when football fans dish out a sack load of abuse and then whinge whenever somebody has a pop back.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2232 on: February 01, 2015, 05:09:43 PM »
There's no common link now between players and fans.
Years ago you could see Hartford, Robson, Cantello etc in the Sandwell Centre, they used to go in the mother in laws shop to have their suits made.
Robson used to run the Four in Hand football team on Sunday mornings, I saw Cantello get banjo'd one Friday night in The Spinney up on Charlemont.
Its us and them now, they go from the ground and get back to their big houses behind electric gates and that's it, the common touch has gone for ever.
Bomber used to live in a 3 bedroom detached house on The Broadlands Estate in Willenhall.
Willie Johnson used to catch the bus home after training, Ally Robertson was in digs on Hill Top
In those times the differential between players and fans was much closer than it is now.
That's why were so less forgiving than years ago
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 08:07:52 PM by tuamigos »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

labaggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2233 on: February 01, 2015, 05:32:26 PM »
There's no common link now between players and fans.
Years ago you could see Hartford, Robson, Cantello etc in the Sandwell Centre, they used to go in the mother in laws shop to have their suits made.
Robson used to run the Four in Hand football team on Sunday mornings, I saw Castillo get banjo'd one Friday night in The Spinney up on Claremont.
Its us and them now, they go from the ground and get back to their big houses behind electric gates and that's it, the common touch has gone for ever.
Bomber used to live in a 3 bedroom detached house on The Broadlands Estate in Willenhall.
Willie Johnson used to catch the bus home after training, Ally Robertson was in digs on Hill Top
In those times the differential between players and fans was much closer than it is now.
That's why were so less forgiving than years ago

Excellent post....
Penny Arcade.

elkiellis

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2234 on: February 01, 2015, 08:02:01 PM »
our best player by miles,the way he is being utilised by successive mangers is not helping,he should play centre forward

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2235 on: February 02, 2015, 11:43:17 PM »
On this young lad's shoulders rests our Premier League survival. He may not be the hero Albion deserves, but he's the one we need.

He/him

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2236 on: February 03, 2015, 12:09:44 AM »
He's one of our OWN, He's one of our OWWWWWNNNN. SAIDO BERAHINO HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN.

We have got to get behind this lad now.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2237 on: February 03, 2015, 12:11:49 AM »
Need to play him as the centre forward as he's wasted elsewhere.

What happens if he gets injured now !!!!!!

baggiebuckster

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2238 on: February 03, 2015, 12:12:29 AM »
On this young lad's shoulders rests our Premier League survival. He may not be the hero Albion deserves, but he's the one we need.

Totally agree with this. We should sing his name loud and proud and get behind him and maybe just maybe we will get a positive reaction from him. When he scored the winner against Hull that was the first time I have heard his name being sung so loudly which is ridiculous when you consider how important he is to the team.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2239 on: February 03, 2015, 12:14:05 AM »
Totally agree with this. We should sing his name loud and proud and get behind him and maybe just maybe we will get a positive reaction from him. When he scored the winner against Hull that was the first time I have heard his name being sung so loudly which is ridiculous when you consider how important he is to the team.
You're joking right? we only believe in sticks, not carrots.

baggiebuckster

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2240 on: February 03, 2015, 12:17:40 AM »
You're joking right? we only believe in sticks, not carrots.

I know what you mean. The lack of vocal support has been shocking at home games this season. I have a 7 year old lad that I bought a season ticket for this season and I can sense he is getting bored with the sterile ambience around the ground. On the rare occasions that we get behind the team he visibly changes and absolutely loves it. The only home game with any atmosphere this season was Villa and that was poor for a local derby.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2241 on: February 03, 2015, 12:27:51 AM »
I know what you mean. The lack of vocal support has been shocking at home games this season. I have a 7 year old lad that I bought a season ticket for this season and I can sense he is getting bored with the sterile ambience around the ground. On the rare occasions that we get behind the team he visibly changes and absolutely loves it. The only home game with any atmosphere this season was Villa and that was poor for a local derby.

Do you sing at games?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggiebuckster

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2242 on: February 03, 2015, 12:30:26 AM »
Do you sing at games?

Yes - why do you ask?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2243 on: February 03, 2015, 12:41:42 AM »
After tonight...how much pressure is Berahino under?

I remember last season towards the end he kind of became our saviour (the goal against West Ham was massive). It seems as though most of our survival is pinned on him again. Lets just hope he doesn't get injured  ???

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2244 on: February 03, 2015, 12:41:54 AM »
Yes - why do you ask?

Good to hear.  8).
I get behind the team too but will admit that the atmosphere is somewhat lacking and has been for some time.
I asked because there are a quite a few fans who moan about lack of atmosphere but do F all to change it.
Glad to know that you're not one who moans about a problem while not being part of the solution.
Happy cheering.
 ;D.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggiebuckster

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2245 on: February 03, 2015, 12:46:18 AM »
Good to hear.  8).
I get behind the team too but will admit that the atmosphere is somewhat lacking and has been for some time.
I asked because there are a quite a few fans who moan about lack of atmosphere but do F all to change it.
Glad to know that you're not one who moans about a problem while not being part of the solution.
Happy cheering.
 ;D.

To me it is a big part of going to matches. Last season I took the little one to about a dozen games in the East Stand and couldn't handle - it was like being in church and the thought of standing up to sing would have made me feel like I was some kind of freak. So this season I returned to where I have been since I was a kid and went back to the Brummie. I am not the type to start the chanting off but I certainly don't need much encouragement to join in.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2246 on: February 04, 2015, 08:03:27 AM »
Anybody seen his Sky interview, hes wants to leave in the summer.Keep it to yourself i say
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2247 on: February 04, 2015, 08:06:10 AM »
Anybody seen his Sky interview, hes wants to leave in the summer.Keep it to yourself i say

I'm sure if he worked hard,scored goals and led us to safety that none of us would begrudge him a move to a top 5 club. He just doesn't need to say these things at all.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2248 on: February 04, 2015, 08:09:59 AM »
I'm sure if he worked hard,scored goals and led us to safety that none of us would begrudge him a move to a top 5 club. He just doesn't need to say these things at all.

Trouble is if hes halfhearted with an attitude the crowd wont like it creating a bad atmosphere not helping our survival cause, to be honest i be glad when hes gone, he will always be trouble
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2249 on: February 04, 2015, 08:14:41 AM »

Trouble is if hes halfhearted with an attitude the crowd wont like it creating a bad atmosphere not helping our survival cause, to be honest i be glad when hes gone, he will always be trouble

Just seen the interview, only read about it before. Saying things like "training isn't as enjoyable" and he "wants to move on to bigger things next season."

It's very poorly timed and poorly worded. You want players coming out and rallying the troops. How can he say that at the moment he needs to be focused on scoring goals for us and say he wants to leave all in the same breath.

Only a few weeks ago he was saying he needs to develop.

All he has to do is keep is mouth shut and score goals, bigger and better things will come. His attitude will stop him moving at the mo, don't think we even had an enquiry in the end in January.