Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556656 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1800 on: January 05, 2015, 06:44:26 AM »
If I was him, I would have second thoughts about leaving anyway.
How many have left us, and have gone onto better things.
Not many, and definitely not many in the last few seasons.

Most modern day footballers move clubs for more money, that's their interpretation of 'better things'
The PIG one example, went to Man U to keep the bench warm, lost his chance of playing as an international goal keeper but no doubt had a healthy bank balance.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1801 on: January 05, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1802 on: January 05, 2015, 07:10:27 AM »
Interesting article today with quotes from Berahino.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/550217/West-Brom-Tony-Pulis-best-out-of-Saido-Berahino

Just been reading the same article. The lad is a real puzzle to me. Taken at face value his comments seem a mixture of reasonable good sense and sulky teenager.

He has surprised me this season by developing as a player to a level beyond that which I thought he could achieve. Maybe under Pulis he will develop as an adult too.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1803 on: January 05, 2015, 08:27:32 AM »
Whether or not he does stay or go, you cant deny the lad knows how to finish.

With the right manager and guidance he can go on to become a very good player, but also, the wrong move or wrong manager, and this could be the best season he has.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1804 on: January 05, 2015, 09:27:51 AM »
Berahino revealed his non-celebration after his goals at the weekend were not out of respect to the non-league opposition.

“I was just handling business and acting professionally and that’s it,” he said.

“There’s no need for me to explain myself on not celebrating goals. It is what it is.

“I just didn’t want to celebrate and that was it.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you have it , ''It is what it is'' . Whatever that means
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1805 on: January 05, 2015, 09:31:08 AM »
Surely if they are not celebrating it's the complete opposite? They feel non-league teams don't warrant celebrations...quite disrespectful if you ask me.

Agreed! The "celebrating against small teams is disrespectful" argument makes no sense.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1806 on: January 05, 2015, 09:57:25 AM »
Too big for his boots for me.
It will end one of two ways now, either he will shape up or he will be shipped out, no middle ground with Pulis.
Personally, I think he can be a big player for us, but with his current attitude it's hard to warm to him.
£20m+ = Cheerio

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1807 on: January 05, 2015, 10:24:07 AM »
I sometimes I despair of our fans a young lad who has come through the system scores 4 quality goals in a comfortable win and all they do is complain that he didn't celebrate enough !

Why not enjoy a prestigious talent whilst we have him ?
I'm sure that some of our fans just look out for things to moan about, he didn't celebrate by running around the pitch and didn't have a smile on his face so bloody what.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

The Stroller

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1808 on: January 05, 2015, 10:36:11 AM »
Berahino remains a truly great prospect. The best natural finisher since SKP (but doing it at a level higher than Kev was achieving when he was at Albion) and the greatest talent that Albion have produced since Bryan Robson.

I'd love to see him stay until the end of the season, scoring for fun and growing his reputation (= more £££s for the Baggies!) along the way. Pulis could do this for him. Everything depends on whether the two gel in the coming couple of weeks.

For what it's worth, I think he'll go.  :(

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1809 on: January 05, 2015, 10:37:45 AM »
Really good player, good ability and a natural goalscorer which is difficult to find for clubs of our ilk.

I always have sympathy with youngsters thrust into the limelight for a number of reasons, from the expectations, to the media coverage also the differences in your personal life and how people must treat them. Growing up at 20/21 is a time full of mistakes and bad decisions for most people; it's the same for most people, in and out of the public eye.

If there had been no improvement from Saido during his time with us, I'd say ship him out. However he has improved, certainly on the pitch and I would say off the pitch it appears so, even if the progress is slow.

The Stroller

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1810 on: January 05, 2015, 10:39:17 AM »
I sometimes I despair of our fans a young lad who has come through the system scores 4 quality goals in a comfortable win and all they do is complain that he didn't celebrate enough !

Why not enjoy a prestigious talent whilst we have him ?

Agree 100%. The most exciting home-grown talent we've had for 30 years+ and all people do is moan! Bizarre!

Modern footie fans are a seriously negative bunch.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1811 on: January 05, 2015, 10:48:41 AM »
Before his 4 goals against a non-league team many were doubting him, questioning his goal tally and pointing out he hans't really score many aside from penalties.

Now it's back to Berahino the world beater  :-\

For me, he has a raw talent and I think Pulis could be the man to stick an arm round him and guide him through it, see it out till the end of the season with the Albion. Hopefully he kicks on and keeps us up, then we will sell for probably £25mill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1812 on: January 05, 2015, 10:49:48 AM »
The more I think about the whole situation the more it confuses me.

Ask any football fan and they will tell you, seeing 'one of your own' come through the academy and make the 1st team is nice to see, just look at the impact Harry Kane is having with the spurs fans.

However for some reason, Berahino seems to split the fans 50/50 and people will moan about him just for the sake of moaning.

Some of the criticism he is getting on twitter is beyond pathetic from some of our so called fans.

I for one will enjoy watching some score goals and playing for us for as long as we have him. I couldnt care less if he did nothing for 70 minutes and then popped up with a goal to gain us points.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1813 on: January 05, 2015, 10:55:27 AM »
I just think he was acting cool,,, arrogant (in a good way), this is what I do, many more to come.

No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1814 on: January 05, 2015, 10:59:56 AM »
he's a very complicated person by the sounds of it. the type of player that needs more man managing than most footballers.

reading that article says he was unhappy and didn't agree with being dropped by Irvine, nothing about knowing why he was dropped.

sounds like he's becoming a bit of trouble and will be even more so as the money gets more for him.

he'll leave us at some point I don't think it'll be this window but the summer possibly

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1815 on: January 05, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »
suspect there is an element of "I'm not celebrating with the idiots who slag me off"

The lad lives in a bubble and what he see's or his "possee" see on twatter, instagram etc is what he percieves to be "reality".
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1816 on: January 05, 2015, 11:20:14 AM »
Whether or not he does stay or go, you cant deny the lad knows how to finish.

With the right manager and guidance he can go on to become a very good player, but also, the wrong move or wrong manager, and this could be the best season he has.

The lads future is in his own hands all he has to do is tell TP & JP he wants to play for us or if the right calibre of club comes in for him at a price that suits the club i wish to move.

SB is a talented lad with a very bright future all he needs now is time to grow on & off the pitch.
It's all down to you SB

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1817 on: January 05, 2015, 11:24:08 AM »
Without wishing to be disrespectful about his (or anybody elses) religious beliefs, he wouldn't be the first to think he had been specially chosen to be on a "mission from God".

he should have told the old bill he was on a mission from god when he got pulled on the M6
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1818 on: January 05, 2015, 11:31:15 AM »

Ask any football fan and they will tell you, seeing 'one of your own' come through the academy and make the 1st team is nice to see, just look at the impact Harry Kane is having with the spurs fans.

However for some reason, Berahino seems to split the fans 50/50 and people will moan about him just for the sake of moaning.

Some of the criticism he is getting on twitter is beyond pathetic from some of our so called fans.

I for one will enjoy watching some score goals and playing for us for as long as we have him. I couldnt care less if he did nothing for 70 minutes and then popped up with a goal to gain us points.

Perhaps we should sing it, make him feel wanted  :-*

''He's one of our own, he's of one of our ownnnnnn
 Berahino, he's one of our own! ''

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1819 on: January 05, 2015, 11:32:08 AM »
he should have told the old bill he was on a mission from god when he got pulled on the M6
At least it didn't involve a car chase around the drive-in movie or shopping mall !!  ;)
He's a lad from the Wrenna

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1820 on: January 05, 2015, 11:34:53 AM »

I don't see Berahino as 'one of our own'. It doesn't feel the same as the Chambers twins, Oliver or even Lee Hughes.

I think his behaviour and attitude alienates people, certainly me anyway.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1821 on: January 05, 2015, 11:36:46 AM »
he's a very complicated person by the sounds of it. the type of player that needs more man managing than most footballers.

reading that article says he was unhappy and didn't agree with being dropped by Irvine, nothing about knowing why he was dropped.

sounds like he's becoming a bit of trouble and will be even more so as the money gets more for him.

he'll leave us at some point I don't think it'll be this window but the summer possibly

Money no doubt has contributed to his perceived attitude but he was a bit problematic before he started earning big money. It's unfortunate that he is not more humble after getting refugee status and the time and effort that the club has employed to nurture him these past 10 years into the player he is today. Perhaps Pulis, like Ferguson with Rooney, can guide him in the right way.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1822 on: January 05, 2015, 11:51:33 AM »
I don't see Berahino as 'one of our own'. It doesn't feel the same as the Chambers twins, Oliver or even Lee Hughes.

I think his behaviour and attitude alienates people, certainly me anyway.

Yeah, but its youz got the problem bruv, innit !!  Nahmean
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1823 on: January 05, 2015, 11:53:02 AM »
Yeah, but its youz got the problem bruv, innit !!  Nahmean

Yeah bled, skillz.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1824 on: January 05, 2015, 12:26:48 PM »
If we can get 25m for this kid then I think we'd be foolish to turn it down.We will have more chance of stopping up giving the money to pulis and let him bring in the people he wants than leaving it up to Saido to keep us up.
 I know scoring goals breeds confidence and hopefully if he stays he will kick on and get back to his early season form but just as good as his finishing was on sat against a conference side it was as poor against Man City on boxing day.