Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556478 times)

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1750 on: January 04, 2015, 01:25:08 AM »
Brunt and Morrison I reckon have been told they are available but don't want to go, Berahino wants to go but only at our price rather than at his price, and Anichebe fed up because he was injured again and had wanted to come off!

But I may be wrong!

Source?

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1751 on: January 04, 2015, 02:01:19 AM »
I know he is a problematic individual including on loan spells but those so called Albion fans giving him grief on Twitter should hold their heads in shame.

We have not produced a finisher like him for many a year I reckon and the nearest we have had in recent times was KP.

We do not have anyone at the club with his natural goal scoring ability and although Gateshead gave him plenty of space which he wouldn't get in the Premiership the finishing was still top draw.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1752 on: January 04, 2015, 02:26:02 AM »
Source?

It's pure conjecture. Berahino was fine, they just weren't rubbing the Gateshead players faces in it. As an aside the fact Pulis tried to sign Brunt for Stoke may disappoint a few on here.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1753 on: January 04, 2015, 02:50:37 AM »
It's pure conjecture. Berahino was fine, they just weren't rubbing the Gateshead players faces in it. As an aside the fact Pulis tried to sign Brunt for Stoke may disappoint a few on here.

I can imagine TP talking about the the squad -" gone, gone, hahaha, gone, Morison and Brunt? Yeah they're about the the best we've got, keep them". Seriously, have you got a clue if you think we will get rid of them? (Not you jacko).

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1754 on: January 04, 2015, 08:24:14 AM »
For me, this  was exactly how it was. I couldn't even be that bothered about celebrating myself, even though I enjoyed the  goals.
In terms of Berahino, I will  be interested to see if Liverpool are genuinely interested or not. For me, he'd be another gamble, not necessarily in terms of talent but certainly  baggage. Can Rodgers take another risk? 

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1755 on: January 04, 2015, 08:31:16 AM »
might have been said before but just watched MOTD and none of the players who scored celebrated, just newspapers causing a bit of trouble.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1756 on: January 04, 2015, 08:53:45 AM »
You're a prem player, scoring against conference opposition. Why would you celebrate?

Shout be a routine training match, as it was.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1757 on: January 04, 2015, 08:56:20 AM »

That's what I think Jacko, I think they'd all decided that they weren't going to humiliate them. Although I think Brunty changed his mind when the full back tried to cut Yacob in half  :)
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1758 on: January 04, 2015, 10:16:42 AM »
All I see is a player who clearly has a very high transfer value (hopefully something like the £20M-£25M being talked about in the media), who scored 4 excellent goals (appreciate it wasn't against top notch opposition but you still have to knock them in) who may or may not leave the Albion at some time in the future, if at all.

He didn't smile and celebrate much yesterday for reasons we don't know? Maybe it was respect for Gateshead? Who knows? Surely the important thing is he played exceptionally well and scored 4 goals, rather than how he chooses to celebrate?

We won 7-0 and he scored 4, so all in all a good day (especially as Pulis will have learnt a lot more from the first 40 mins than he did from the rest of the match).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 11:55:34 AM by Brummie Road »

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1759 on: January 04, 2015, 10:17:58 AM »
You're a prem player, scoring against conference opposition. Why would you celebrate?

Shout be a routine training match, as it was.
.   Totally agree, to many people trying to read into something that's not there . Don't think for one minute he will be sold in this window not while we are  fighting a relegation battle . Summer could be different  when TP  wants to rebuild the squad then I think you will see a major revamp

The Stroller

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1760 on: January 04, 2015, 11:04:34 AM »
All getting a bit silly now: http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30669567
Presumably, this is what web news people call "clickbait".  ???

Pelsall_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1761 on: January 04, 2015, 11:23:46 AM »
For me it's just a personality trait.

I run an Under 14s team and one particular lad scores plenty of goals, I've never seen him smile either.

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1762 on: January 04, 2015, 12:04:38 PM »
Have to agree - none of our players particularly celebrated, but that was hopefully more out of respect for Gateshead.
Is they'd have been doing knee slides towards the Brummie after every goal we'd have no doubt had people moaning that they've 'only scored against Gateshead' so why the OTT celebrations!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1763 on: January 04, 2015, 12:16:18 PM »
I am not on Twitter, but do read through some of the players accounts. Saido gets a combination of praise and stick, that goes with the territiory on social networking sites. The stick he received for praising Robin Van Persie for instance was uncalled for. Fans of other clubs try to attract his attention regarding transfers, while many of ours practically  beg him to 'follow' them. Pathetic in my humble opinion.

Some time ago he tweeted something like 'nobody knows where I have been or what I have been through'. He even got stick for that. From a  quick scan of his account today, this appears to have been removed. We are all aware of his past regarding how he came to be  here, but I think there is much more to Saido than meets the eye. He has commented more than once on twitter that he can barely breathe. The lad is well paid to produce the goods under pressure and he is doing so. He is not paid to reveal his life on social media, but then I am not of his generation. I would like him to stay and fulfill his potential with us. I would also like him to get off twitter. Too many distractions from an unreal world of needy hangers on.

All the very best young man.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1764 on: January 04, 2015, 12:39:46 PM »
First half I was getting v.frustrated with the lad for what to me looked like a lack of effort but the second half he really really pulled his finger out and worked very hard for the team
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1765 on: January 04, 2015, 12:51:54 PM »
Saido is our answer to Justin Bieber. Their antics bear many similarities :D

baggieboyfred

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1766 on: January 04, 2015, 01:15:23 PM »
it may well be that we will lose the best goal scorer we have had since one Kevin Phillips, you cannot replace that sort of goalscoring ability irreguardless of the opposition it was scored against, that cheaply, circa one 10m  player Brown Ideye, who is nowhere near the mark.
hopefully TP can persude him to stay at least until the end of the season, if he still ain't happy then we will have to cash in.
i have this feeling though that selling him at this point is the best price we are likely to get for him so you would have to consider 20-25m very  carefully, providing it is all going into the transfer kitty
look at Southampton, in the summer they lost half a team but they still brought good players in at reasonable prices and they ain't strggling against relegation, it could be time for the recruiting staff to step back up to the plate and do a better job than they did in the summer, ay least it will be with TP's approval

palmaroy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1767 on: January 04, 2015, 01:20:37 PM »
In all the years of watching football I've never seen a forward stand absolutely stationary as an attack is building up.The only thing he seems good at is striking the ball,possibly with both feet.Where is there any term play

mrmojorisin

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1768 on: January 04, 2015, 01:24:20 PM »
In all the years of watching football I've never seen a forward stand absolutely stationary as an attack is building up.The only thing he seems good at is striking the ball,possibly with both feet.Where is there any term play

Yes, but he didn't need to move in many cases.  Gateshead stood off him and gave him plenty of space, so what should he do?  Run into a marked area?

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1769 on: January 04, 2015, 01:42:53 PM »
Yes, but he didn't need to move in many cases.  Gateshead stood off him and gave him plenty of space, so what should he do?  Run into a marked area?

Funny how he never moved but the ball came to him and he despatched with aplomb into the net. If you look closely that was not an easy chance, many could have ballooned it over the bar. Perhaps he can just read things better than others.......

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1770 on: January 04, 2015, 01:47:32 PM »
I notice Anichebe didn't celebrate his goal, I wonder if that means he's off to Liverpool for £25m? Absolute garbage non story!
Gera, Gera, Gera

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1771 on: January 04, 2015, 01:49:37 PM »

Exactly. He was already in a good position in a lot of space. Why would you give that up?  Anyone contradicting his decision to hold his ground in acres of space has never played football at a semi decent level.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1772 on: January 04, 2015, 01:52:22 PM »
Trust the albion fans to try and find a negative out of something good, support has changed so much over the last 10 years

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1773 on: January 04, 2015, 01:55:50 PM »

I watched Kevin Philips do it on more than one occasion. It's called talent and can't be taught ::)
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1774 on: January 04, 2015, 02:07:33 PM »
I watched Kevin Philips do it on more than one occasion. It's called talent and can't be taught ::)

Too true.....you'll find many of the most natural goal-scorers have similar characteristics. Sometimes standing still while everyone else is scrambling about has an even better effect - of course there are those that do it well, and those who are just lazy!