Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556640 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1700 on: January 03, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »
you do know the majority of fans BARELY celebrated at all? they just gave a small cheer and clapped. like it was Golf.

the goalscorers didn't celebrate (bar Morrison where he put his arms out for 2 seconds), the players walked to each scorer and hugged and high five'd and all that, not many smiled. Saido wasn't alone in this, but because he scored 4 his face was on screen.

In the way the team reacted to the game and to the goals, I think this was seen as a glorified training session. Which, in the end, it turned out to be.

Probably because they were in shock at seeing the goals being racked up  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1701 on: January 03, 2015, 08:15:21 PM »
The post match video of him:

He's saying "we" about Albion

He's talking of scoring as many as possible for the team for the rest of the season.

I think there's little things there showing he's not totally out the window as far as staying for the season.

I just think the lad isn't very bright and is a little moody. thus he gets into stupid situations. I guess it'll be interesting to see how the court appearance goes. For the club to stop contract talks with him is a big move.

I'd be amazed if we sell him in Jan and can only see that happening if we have X, Y, Z lined up and the £20m+ from saido is needed..... But having said that we need his goals.... He may well go in the summer. But not before.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

albiondean

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1702 on: January 03, 2015, 08:15:38 PM »
None of them celebrated! Most of the fans didn't even celebrate, mostly just clapped! The stick he's getting is crazy, he just scored 4 world class goals, get off his back. Absolutely ridiculous. Also think they've been told to celebrate as a team to show the unity by pulis as every player high 5ed each other after every goal.

Yep, me too, just clapped our goals, but out of respect for a non league side, if they had scored, i'm sure many Albion supporters would have clapped also.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1703 on: January 03, 2015, 08:18:16 PM »
i did post on here the other day that some posts by "baggies fans" on his twitter account are a disgrace.

Totally shocking if they do. are they brain dead kids or something
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1704 on: January 03, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »
He was annoyed when he came off the other day and I'm thinking maybe it was a "this is what I can do and I'm serious" sort of reaction to the goals.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

albiondean

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1705 on: January 03, 2015, 08:20:19 PM »
btw, if we are going to sell Berahino, why make him cup tied ?

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1706 on: January 03, 2015, 08:21:25 PM »

Totally shocking if they do. are they brain dead kids or something

Very likely - the problem is if he thinks they represent the average fan...
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1707 on: January 03, 2015, 08:22:31 PM »
None of the goalscorers celebrated at all. A simple case of people making a mountain out of a mole hill for me, as usual.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1708 on: January 03, 2015, 08:24:54 PM »
btw, if we are going to sell Berahino, why make him cup tied ?

That's a good point indeed, maybe he was hacked off for being played
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1709 on: January 03, 2015, 08:28:59 PM »

That's a good point indeed, maybe he was hacked off for being played

Shane long left days after we lost to palace last season so i wouldnt read anything into that. Long had to miss the cup final aswell

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1710 on: January 03, 2015, 08:31:02 PM »
I can only relate to when money wasn't the be all and end all to our game . The money these footballers get removes them from any loyalty or kinship to the club and fans . He ain't no different to any other kid with an attitude . Money gives them power to do what they want and creates this arrogance . He may not go in jan but he will at the end of the season . Sorry folks I can remember when players were paid not so much and there was loyalty .

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1711 on: January 03, 2015, 08:31:57 PM »
Why would you want to sell your best forward and goalscorer?
Baggie in Southampton

Andio

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1712 on: January 03, 2015, 08:36:57 PM »
Unfair criticism being aimed at him regarding his non celebration of goals.

I didn't celebrate the goals as much as I usually do, like most people in the stands didn't either.

It was to be expected, so why go crazy?

When Prem players score against non league opposition, they show respect and don't go running around like they have just scored the winning goal in a World Cup final, give the kid a break.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1713 on: January 03, 2015, 08:39:52 PM »
I respected him (and others) for not making a meal out of his well scored goals.The Guys up against will never reach Prem quality but deserve respect.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1714 on: January 03, 2015, 08:42:28 PM »
I really hope liverppol bid 20 million. I still don't rate him.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1715 on: January 03, 2015, 08:45:19 PM »

Who do you rate then?becasue there isnt a player in th sqaud that can finish like him. God you must really hate anichebe,ideye and samaras.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1716 on: January 03, 2015, 08:47:49 PM »

If it was a direct choice between your assessment and TP's, I'd have to go with TP, sorry   :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1717 on: January 03, 2015, 08:50:31 PM »
Keep him if TP wants and and and get rid of Vic and a few others. They do not cut it and will take us down not good enough simple as.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1718 on: January 03, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »
I just had a thought about all the players who came in to the prem this summer in the £6-15mill region.

Bafetimbi Gomis - 4 goals in 20 games (and that's only helped by his brace today Vs a non-league team - "Free" transfer, but with a reported £6mill signing on fee.

Emmanuel Rivière - 2 goals in 16 games - Very nearly came to us, about £6m I think.

Abel Hernández - 3 goals in 9 games (but not sure why he's only played 9 times?) - £10mill after selling Long

Shane Long - 3 goals from 12 games - we know all about him. I still think selling him was good business, shame we spent it badly.

There are no doubt people I'm missing, but from the top of my head on Sakho at West Ham (8 in 14) has been the only new guy to a team who has been a success. With this in mind and defending Bobby to a degree (because he's not done any worse than these guys) I think selling Saido would be utter madness.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

baggielad82

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1719 on: January 03, 2015, 09:01:18 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't slating him for not celebrating....he scored 4 cracking goals today and put a good shift in. I was merely pointing out that he didn't look happy, the lad scored a hatrick plus 1, he should be overjoyed no matter who we were playing. Ok, maybe it was out of respect for Gateshead....but don't you shake hands before and after the game to show respect?

Anyway, I hope he doesn't go anywhere, we're going need his goals if we want to stay up.
I'm watching you Ghandi!!!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1720 on: January 03, 2015, 09:02:50 PM »
Back in the days of old an handshake was how most goals were celebrated.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1721 on: January 03, 2015, 09:05:47 PM »
could he be another
"my name is Andrew Cole, not Andy Cole" personality ?

Petulant but a marvelous goal scorer.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1722 on: January 03, 2015, 09:10:50 PM »
Shane long left days after we lost to palace last season so i wouldnt read anything into that. Long had to miss the cup final aswell
TBF that was more Hull's fault for trying to be cute and missing out on him him the previous window, otherwise he'd have been there that whole time.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1723 on: January 03, 2015, 09:19:00 PM »
I take onboard all those that went to the game today said about why SB didn't celebrate, out of respect for inferior opposition etc.

But, if my memory serves me correctly, did he not do the same against West Ham when he scored, although he did look and point up to the sky on that occasion
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1724 on: January 03, 2015, 09:23:35 PM »
I take onboard all those that went to the game today said about why SB didn't celebrate, out of respect for inferior opposition etc.

But, if my memory serves me correctly, did he not do the same against West Ham when he scored, although he did look and point up to the sky on that occasion
If I remember right after he scored he ran straight into a player the went off the other way wincing.