Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556363 times)

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1050 on: October 26, 2014, 12:40:05 PM »
Berahino went the opposite corner against Newcastle, and Newport last season anyway.

I'm fairly sure he went keepers right in the Newcastle game, don't know about Newport
Baggie in Southampton

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1051 on: October 26, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1052 on: October 26, 2014, 01:25:06 PM »
I'm fairly sure he went keepers right in the Newcastle game, don't know about Newport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFCjtwgKsEs

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1053 on: October 26, 2014, 01:31:08 PM »
Are contracts worth the paper there written on these days? Clauses and stubborn stars almost make them worthless don't they.

Clauses are an issue, but i doubt there are any in his contract as they would have been mentioned by now. I'm sure any new contract would have clauses, but they will result in Albion getting £££ when/if Saido leaves.

The player getting stroppy is a risk, but all the talk over the past 6 months is how Saido has grown up and improved and isn't the kid he was before. So i think that's a limited risk also.

If he keeps up with the ways things are going he may go next summer, but only for £25mill+ and only when we are ready. I can't see the top 3 wanting him and i can't see anyone out the top 6 being able to afford him. So it's basically Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs.  We shall see.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1054 on: October 26, 2014, 01:31:26 PM »
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1055 on: October 26, 2014, 01:32:31 PM »
I thought it was a typical strikers performance yesterday.

Didn't do too much, nor did he offer much but when the opportunity arose and you needed someone to keep their calm he stepped up and did the business.

I like his attitude this season - it's refreshing. He also looks a lot leaner this season. I thought he looked a bit chubby towards the back end of last season.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1056 on: October 26, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »
Extended thoughts on Saido's rise

http://lookbackinmildbewilderment.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/much-ado-about-saido.html

Good article mate, interesting and reasoned response. I did write a comment, but it asked me to ,log in with google and when i did that my comment was gone.....
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

charliemike

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1057 on: October 26, 2014, 02:09:02 PM »
Is there anyone who thinks if we are offered 25m next season he will be gone . It's a lot of money and if we have stopped up and can add to that its a nice wedge to further rebuild the side .he will go if he carrys on scoring I can state with certainty .

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1058 on: October 26, 2014, 02:35:16 PM »
At the moment both club and player are right for each other. As ever a lot depends on whether or not he signs a new contract and how he progresses during the remainder of the season. Assuming he carries on at his current level and assuming that Liverpool make Champions League and they rock up with a bid of £25m it would be tempting if he only has two years to run on his contract. However if he extends on balance the best decision for both player and club would be to wait.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1059 on: October 26, 2014, 03:22:33 PM »
Any one who would be tempted to accept 25 million would be seriously short changed in my opinion. I believe to get jp to the negotiation table bids north of thirty million would be required, think about it we are a well run club wwhich dosnt need to sell player. I hope to see him in baggies top banging in the goals

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1060 on: October 26, 2014, 03:32:28 PM »
Any one who would be tempted to accept 25 million would be seriously short changed in my opinion. I believe to get jp to the negotiation table bids north of thirty million would be required, think about it we are a well run club wwhich dosnt need to sell player. I hope to see him in baggies top banging in the goals

In an ideal world thats what would happen but if the sounds that come from the player and his representatives are that he will let his contract run down or he is unwilling to agree a new one you have to bite the bullet and start discussing fees with other clubs. When he steps up to the full England squad thats when other players will be passing messages on and sounding him out about how he feels about moving to x,y or z club etc.

At the moment realistic fee would be starting at £20m plus add ons

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1061 on: October 26, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »
We are a well run club who has no need to sell that doesn't compete in Europe and are some way off being a side that realistically challenges for it.
Saido, if he continues to progress in the manner that he is (well played coaches  ;)) will leave our club in the future for someone bigger and,  if we continue with having shrewd chairman in place, we will get a bucket load of dosh for him.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1062 on: October 26, 2014, 06:46:49 PM »
I thought JP was about to meet Berahino's agent either last week or next week?

Good thing is, he is on a longish contract so there is no need for any panic.
Baggie in Southampton

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1063 on: October 26, 2014, 08:57:47 PM »
The one common theme in these kind of situations, and really whenever we have sold any of our higher profile players over the years, is just how strong Jeremy Peace and the Board are when it comes to negotiations.

As always with these stories, it's impossible to say how near the mark they actually are, and it's not hard to understand why the media are linking numerous strikers with Liverpool at this moment in time.

I could just imagine the prospective negotiations in the unlikely event that this story was true:

Liverpool: We want Saido and will pay you £10M

Jeremy Peace: the price is £25M plus add ons

Liverpool: No way! we'll pay you £12M and that's it

Liverpool: Look we'll go to £15M take it or leave it

Liverpool: You're being unreasonable, £18M and that's our final offer

(Liverpool become increasingly desperate as none of their strikers can score and Mario's set off another firework in his bathroom)

Liverpool: Ok, make it £20M and let's bring this deal to a close, and that's it, no more negotiation

Jeremy Peace: the price is £25M with add ons

Liverpool: Ok, (exasperated Liverpool negotiator now mentally worn down) agreed.   

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1064 on: October 26, 2014, 09:12:22 PM »
 ;D

I think that's quite an accurate summary. Especially with the way Liverpool have blown their money this summer

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1065 on: October 26, 2014, 09:48:52 PM »
Go do one and swivel Liverpool
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1066 on: October 26, 2014, 10:35:49 PM »
Liverpool are used to blowing huge money on English players, we'd take them to the cleaners.
the regime don't like it man

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1067 on: October 26, 2014, 11:06:50 PM »
Wonder if they'd try throw Jerome Sinclair in the deal :o

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1068 on: October 26, 2014, 11:07:37 PM »
Not being funny but would you join Liverpool??

Their one and only world class player is no longer the player he was they have Sturridge who would play over Berahino aswell

Wouldn't be a good move, they had a good season last year but that was down to Suarez this year they have been found out for the poor side they are and their lack of consistency

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1069 on: October 26, 2014, 11:39:37 PM »
Wonder if they'd try throw Jerome Sinclair in the deal :o

...and Yan Dhanda ;)

I would hope Jezza gives them a hard time (if they are after Berahino) after poaching our most promising youngsters previously.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1070 on: October 26, 2014, 11:44:24 PM »
I thought JP was about to meet Berahino's agent either last week or next week?

Good thing is, he is on a longish contract so there is no need for any panic.

Nope. In his interview with the papers he stated it was some point in early November.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1071 on: October 26, 2014, 11:55:44 PM »
Not being funny but would you join Liverpool??

Their one and only world class player is no longer the player he was they have Sturridge who would play over Berahino aswell

Wouldn't be a good move, they had a good season last year but that was down to Suarez this year they have been found out for the poor side they are and their lack of consistency

Massive club, any concrete interest and Berahino would be out of the door before it hit him. If they could agree a fee with Jezza of course.  :D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1072 on: October 27, 2014, 12:00:33 AM »
Which is why his career will falter if he did move there. He would be backup for Sturridge if he goes there!!

I agree with what you are saying but it wouldn't be a good move for him in my honest

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1073 on: October 27, 2014, 07:01:16 AM »
This is all speculation. Spurs and Liverpool playing poorly and struggling for goals so they need something to write about.  As for the numbers, this is just made up by journos.

devonbaggiecjaj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1074 on: October 27, 2014, 08:12:12 AM »
i can't see him going to Liverpool they have Divock Origi who they loaned out to Lillie coming back next year