Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2567066 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #6000 on: January 05, 2016, 02:55:05 PM »
Yes mate mentioned it in the post before that it would go to tribunal once his contract ends. Not sure how they would work out the fee for him though.

Sorry mate, I didn't read it  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6001 on: January 05, 2016, 04:00:38 PM »
I would imagine we will have to accept a low up front payment and the rest of the money liked to future club and country appearances and goals scored.
Pretty much the same payment terms that we refused at the start of the season.
I can't realistically see anybody offering big bucks for this Championship based on his recent behavior.

I agree which makes it even more frustrating that we didn't move him on in the summer. I can see us selling on the last day of the window.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6002 on: January 05, 2016, 04:05:23 PM »
I still think we could see a Jeremy special, I reckon Spurs and Liverpool will be in with him and we'll get around £15-20M
"This crack is really moreish."

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6003 on: January 05, 2016, 04:09:38 PM »
Don't see why we would have to accept low up front payments. If it goes to tribunal then we may not get as much in terms of addons but we will get decent up front payment.

Theres no guarantee what he will do at internationl level so is it worth risking taking the chance on addons ??

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6004 on: January 05, 2016, 04:24:08 PM »
With regard to the tribunal there are all sorts of factors which they take into account but had Saido's contract expired last summer there is every reason to believe we would have got a fee similar to the one Danny Ings went to Liverpool for, which was around £8m.

However Ings an England under 21 International was a regular starter and goal scorer in the Premier League when he moved as Saido was. Unfortunately with another 18 months of this Saido will be a bit part player at a Premier League club and he might not be even moving to another Premier League side. Or even worse he could move abroad and the tribunal rules would simply not apply.

Quite simply we have to sell this window or next. The fee is not going to be anything like what we would have hoped for but it still could be more than Spurs were guaranteeing to pay. However I no longer trust Berahino's temperament to be confident that he will do well enough to trigger any add-on's in a deal so we need to get as much up front as is possible  and be done with him.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6005 on: January 05, 2016, 05:54:30 PM »
The way I see this whole thing is we have put on a one pound accumulator and are waiting for the last leg. I would not cash out. Berahino has cost us only what we've paid him. I'd take losing the pound if it made an example of him and Tottenham. £25 million or take our chances with the tribunal.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6006 on: January 05, 2016, 07:30:54 PM »
The way I see this whole thing is we have put on a one pound accumulator and are waiting for the last leg. I would not cash out. Berahino has cost us only what we've paid him. I'd take losing the pound if it made an example of him and Tottenham. £25 million or take our chances with the tribunal.

That is exactly what Peace will do, and I don't blame him. It's worth losing out on a few million to set a precedent that will protect our assets in the future.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6007 on: January 05, 2016, 08:01:48 PM »

Ings went for about £9m at the tribunal, there's no way a tribunal would give us anything like what we (the fans) are expecting. ie £25m
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6008 on: January 05, 2016, 08:10:24 PM »
Ings went for about £9m at the tribunal, there's no way a tribunal would give us anything like what we (the fans) are expecting. ie £25m

Agreed.  I suspect we would only get £10m but we might only get that anyway if the likes of Norwich are the only buyers so have little to lose by running down his contract.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6009 on: January 05, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »
Agreed.  I suspect we would only get £10m but we might only get that anyway if the likes of Norwich are the only buyers so have little to lose by running down his contract.
In the scenario where we don't sell him and it goes to tribunal, if he has hardly played any first team football for us during that time, we would do well to get £4 or 5 million, absolute tops. At the minute, he is only a peripheral part of Pulis's plans, he is overweight, he is coming in late for training and meetings, and none of this looks likely to change any time soon. Who in their right senses would pay £20 million plus for him? Even if they are desperate, it is a hell of a punt. And if no-one buys him, and he continues as present, his value will have plummeted. He will not be Berahino the great young talent any more, he will be Berahino the bell end who wasted his career.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6010 on: January 06, 2016, 12:23:26 AM »
This window might open bigheads eyes if no one is interested in him, his attitude has been appalling and wouldn't it be great if he runs back to JP with his tail between his legs and begs forgiveness or spuds will come in with same offer on last day of window as last deadline

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6011 on: January 06, 2016, 11:14:49 AM »
It's difficult to see how any EPL chairman would want to pay more than £10million cash for a player who is not playing regularly. IMO the likely scenario is a structured offer, which means that we wouldn't have the funds available to replace him.

From Saido's point of view, surely, it's in his interests to ensure he's visible for selection for the England Euro's squad, If selected, he could put himself in the shop window for a number of European, as well as our own EPL teams.

On that basis, I could see Saido staying with us to the end of the season.

If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6012 on: January 06, 2016, 11:16:30 AM »
It's difficult to see how any EPL chairman would want to pay more than £10million cash for a player who is not playing regularly. IMO the likely scenario is a structured offer, which means that we wouldn't have the funds available to replace him.

From Saido's point of view, surely, it's in his interests to ensure he's visible for selection for the England Euro's squad, If selected, he could put himself in the shop window for a number of European, as well as our own EPL teams.

On that basis, I could see Saido staying with us to the end of the season.

sadly this hasn't been the case so far.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6013 on: January 06, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »

He's either thick as pig rubbish or he's being very badly advised as that is exactly how he should have handled himself since the summer.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6014 on: January 06, 2016, 11:35:10 AM »
Berahino has ignored or cannot see the very obvious benefits of knuckling down and delivering the goods here since August and in the process probably inebriated off Pulis who now feels disinclined to play him in any event. I cannot see any benefit in keeping him here other than to prove a point to a stroppy young man.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6015 on: January 06, 2016, 11:37:32 AM »

Norwich bid 12million+ for Afobe, so I would imagine they would be willing to part with at least 15 million for Saido.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6016 on: January 06, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »
I will be astounded if he becomes a Norwich City footballer, i want him gone though
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 12:00:34 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6017 on: January 06, 2016, 11:53:47 AM »
He is not going to Norwich.

Was the rumour made up by a 2 year old ?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6018 on: January 06, 2016, 12:03:30 PM »
Have I missed an actual link to Norwich or are people misreading posts on here?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6019 on: January 06, 2016, 12:20:19 PM »
Have I missed an actual link to Norwich or are people misreading posts on here?

the only thing I can find is this rumour. Very vague.

http://readnorwich.com/2016/01/04/norwich-interested-west-brom-outcast/?

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6020 on: January 06, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »
The usually reliable John Percy of the Telegraph mentioned Norwich's interest

" Saido Berahino's future remains uncertain with Newcastle and Norwich understood to be showing tentative interest along with Tottenham Hotspur. "

in the following article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/12080038/Arsenal-transfer-news-Serge-Gnabry-recalled-from-West-Brom-loan-spell.html?wb48617274=5A27D1B1

Percy is thought to be close to Pulis so it can't be completely pie in the sky stuff, that said a tentative interest could mean anything really.....e.g. "we like Saido but can't afford or or don't like his attitude enough to sign him"...........

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6021 on: January 06, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »
The usually reliable John Percy of the Telegraph mentioned Norwich's interest

" Saido Berahino's future remains uncertain with Newcastle and Norwich understood to be showing tentative interest along with Tottenham Hotspur. "

in the following article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/12080038/Arsenal-transfer-news-Serge-Gnabry-recalled-from-West-Brom-loan-spell.html?wb48617274=5A27D1B1

Percy is thought to be close to Pulis so it can't be completely pie in the sky stuff, that said a tentative interest could mean anything really.....e.g. "we like Saido but can't afford or or don't like his attitude enough to sign him"...........

Not sure how close to Pulis Percy actually is. The article states that Gnabry has had his loan cancelled whereas todays Brummie mail says it's not a done deal yet. I posted a link in the Gnabry section.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6022 on: January 06, 2016, 12:53:05 PM »
I'm sure Pulis is experienced enough to only feed the press messages he wants them to hear! It's a time of year where you can't always trust what clubs come out with because they might have ulterior motives e.g. if Spurs think others are interested it might 1) make them hurry up and 2) offer a better price?

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #6023 on: January 06, 2016, 04:43:02 PM »
Hardly rushed off our feet refusing offers for Berahimo are we?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6024 on: January 07, 2016, 06:27:29 AM »
Hardly rushed off our feet refusing offers for Berahimo are we?

No.
7 days in you would have expected Spuds to have sent in a snatch squad by now wouldn't you.
I wonder how this will affect 'The Stupid One's' mind set?

Spuds now questioning his behavior!

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-transfer-news-spurs-worried-saido-berahino-would-disrupt-squad-spirit-a3150771.html?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 11:36:31 AM by tuamigos »
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'