Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 631498 times)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2012, 01:31:22 PM »
Lazy journo's imo,id bet if Pete had played at Stoke we wouldnt be seeing this but as he was unused on the bench they put 2 and 2 together.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

mb1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2012, 07:57:16 AM »
Lazy journo's imo,id bet if Pete had played at Stoke we wouldnt be seeing this but as he was unused on the bench they put 2 and 2 together.

Didn't play yesterday either.  I hope that there is nothing in this, but I thought he'd have been a good option off the bench yesterday.

Lego

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2012, 08:44:59 AM »
Didn't play yesterday either.  I hope that there is nothing in this, but I thought he'd have been a good option off the bench yesterday.

I agree seems very odd that he didnt get on the pitch yesterday. I don't think the club will sell this transfer window but I do have my doubts. If we get a replacement or not this would be a risky move.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2012, 10:06:34 AM »
The reality is Fortune deserved to keep his place after the game at Stoke and Long seems to be a little ahead of him in the pecking order especially after the impact he made when replacing Odemwingie in the game against Norwich in the league the other week. We had already had our hands forced with injuries to Jara and Thomas with the other two changes made, I think people are genuinely reading too much into rumours and recent team selections.

mb1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2012, 11:50:49 AM »
The reality is Fortune deserved to keep his place after the game at Stoke and Long seems to be a little ahead of him in the pecking order especially after the impact he made when replacing Odemwingie in the game against Norwich in the league the other week. We had already had our hands forced with injuries to Jara and Thomas with the other two changes made, I think people are genuinely reading too much into rumours and recent team selections.

What about Cox starting ahead of him?  Albeit on the right of midfield he did eventually go up top (so I am told).

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2012, 12:01:47 PM »
Keeping him fresh for the next 2 games I would think. On his day PO is the best player we have. A genuine match winner. Lets not forget he had an off period over Xmas and around this time last year. Once he hit form again he carried us through the end of the season. He needs the fans to get behind him. Very much a confidence player who needs to feel the support of the fans.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

TLMS17

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2012, 12:10:47 PM »
Pete probably didn't play as I'm sure Roy said the other day he would rest players as we have 3 games in 7 days least now he will be fit Wed and will have no excuse as he didn't play last week nor yesterday
Born For Albion     Live For Albion     Die For Albion

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »
Couple of odd retweets from pete.

Paraphrasing here (slightly):

Don't bare a grudge, a grudge bares you.

He who would move the world must 1st move himself.

Read into this what you will.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2012, 02:50:46 PM »
When he does move he will blame everyone but himself just like hes done at his previous three clubs

Tequila Rich

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2012, 06:11:10 PM »
he's going to go isnt he.

im not happy with this at all...

when managed well and in form he's by miles our best player and a constant threat and a genuine match winner!

i just hope we get a good profit from this and re-invest it straight away!

Andzy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2012, 06:19:43 PM »
Think we are all aware of whats going to happen here he'll go Tuesday evening with no replacement.
Fortunes recent good form will be given as the reason as why we haven't replaced PO and the money will disappear into running costs.
Been here before i think getting very upset at the lack of ambition shown by our chairman.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »
I haven't thought for a second he will leave. Can't see it myself.

mb1

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2012, 06:27:12 PM »
Think we are all aware of whats going to happen here he'll go Tuesday evening with no replacement.
Fortunes recent good form will be given as the reason as why we haven't replaced PO and the money will disappear into running costs.
Been here before i think getting very upset at the lack of ambition shown by our chairman.

I will go crazy if this happens....  :( >:( :'(

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2012, 06:35:39 PM »
Everyone getting worked up. He ain't going anywhere. Club won't allow it. Simple.
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2012, 06:41:18 PM »
Dont think he will go.

If the rumours are right though and he goes Fulham, we could well be seeing him Wednesday night, imagine that  ;D  :o

baggie steve

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2012, 07:18:30 PM »
Everyone getting worked up. He ain't going anywhere. Club won't allow it. Simple.

If the club is offered £6m I bet he will go !!  ::)

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2012, 08:19:23 PM »
Apparently it's been on Sky sports that he's off to Fulham . Anybody seen that report?

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2012, 08:57:58 PM »
I think 6 million is Peace's magic no. ......he won't be able to resist!

reiss

« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2012, 09:00:27 PM »
I think 6 million is Peace's magic no. ......he won't be able to resist!

i would only let him go iff, we was offered a good amount and if we bought someone as good t replace him

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
The club won't sell him without a replacement. I know people will mention Earnshaw and Horsfield, but a) you'd think we'd learn from that and b) neither of them were anything like first team as much as Odemwingie is when they were sold. Nor did either of them have anything like the quality.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »
Can we as a club justify keeping him when most are calling for a 451 and clearly Roy appears to want to put Long before him , fortune is good back up and pete is sat on the bench at +35k a week ??

If he went , we got 6m+ and signed ridgewell and a good winger I would see it as good business.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2012, 10:36:42 PM »
Can we as a club justify keeping him when most are calling for a 451 and clearly Roy appears to want to put Long before him , fortune is good back up and pete is sat on the bench at +35k a week ??

If he went , we got 6m+ and signed ridgewell and a good winger I would see it as good business.

No chance! What if Long got a really serious injury!?!

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2012, 10:50:18 PM »

I think it is a possibility for the reasons you state.
Baggie in Southampton

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2012, 10:59:52 PM »
We are all asking will he or won't he , but has he become our Teves and causing disharmony amongst the squad. Something has happened but what ? ::)

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2012, 11:03:22 PM »
Thats my worry is that his problems are causing others within the club.