Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1350951 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #9175 on: May 16, 2024, 10:04:46 PM »
Leeds played a high press with such intensity first half that Norwich struggled get over half way line. I trust Carlos was watching and had his notebook out, as we would need to put in our best performance of the season were we to get to Wembley.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9176 on: May 16, 2024, 10:42:55 PM »
Leeds played a high press with such intensity first half that Norwich struggled get over half way line. I trust Carlos was watching and had his notebook out, as we would need to put in our best performance of the season were we to get to Wembley.

One way to look at is that if we play as well as we can for the next two - just two - games, then we'll most likely be in the Prem next year!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9177 on: Yesterday at 10:16:34 AM »
Wagner sacked hours after Norwich lose to Leeds!!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BagAlbion123

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #9178 on: Yesterday at 10:24:55 AM »
The early goal destroyed whatever game plan Norwich seemed to have and after that it was pretty dire. Leeds have won it without even getting out of 2nd gear.

According to some comments on BBC earlier in the week Norwich's plan was to 0-0 their way to the Prem on pens

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9179 on: Yesterday at 10:30:14 AM »

Can't blame them really, never rated him as a manager and was fearful when we were linked with him a few years back

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9180 on: Yesterday at 12:08:23 PM »
The Norwich keeper was all at sea for the first 2 goals from the highlight's i've just seen. Everything thrown away in the frist 20 mins.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9181 on: Yesterday at 12:35:06 PM »
The Norwich keeper was all at sea for the first 2 goals from the highlight's i've just seen. Everything thrown away in the frist 20 mins.
Norwich tried to play out from the back but Leeds just rolled over them. They got in behind the passive Norwich defenders time after time.  I think the Leeds crowd played a role also from all sides of the stadium. I didn't hear anything from Norwich fans all evening. I hope our fans make some noise this evening. If Leeds play anything like that in the final, they will take some stopping. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9182 on: Yesterday at 12:38:07 PM »
Norwich tried to play out from the back but Leeds just rolled over them. They got in behind the passive Norwich defenders time after time.  I think the Leeds crowd played a role also from all sides of the stadium. I didn't hear anything from Norwich fans all evening. I hope our fans make some noise this evening. If Leeds play anything like that in the final, they will take some stopping.

Why does that make the Norwich keeper make those mistakes though? I'm not disagreeing with your statement as i was at work and not seen the game but the keeper is sleeping for the first one and indecisive for the 2nd which is almost criminal in keeper terms.

20 mins in the game is done after those 2 things.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9183 on: Yesterday at 12:40:45 PM »
not surprised at all, he was on the verge pretty much the entire season even before the new Technical Director came in.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9184 on: Yesterday at 01:10:53 PM »
Why does that make the Norwich keeper make those mistakes though? I'm not disagreeing with your statement as i was at work and not seen the game but the keeper is sleeping for the first one and indecisive for the 2nd which is almost criminal in keeper terms.

20 mins in the game is done after those 2 things.

Maybe the keeper takes some of the blame, but the whole Leeds team were up for it from the start, whereas half the Norwich players were passive on the back foot and let themselves get boxed into their own half.
I actually thought the first goal was an excellent free kick. Reminded me of the Fulham back who shot one in at the near post in a Play Off game. The keeper was expecting a high cross towards the far post. 

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9185 on: Yesterday at 03:25:55 PM »
Norwich seem to have lost their Midas touch of late. They fired Smith when they were in touching distance of the play-offs which was probably rightly seen as an under performance and appointed Wagner, who made them worse on the face of it. Yet they backed him in the summer with 4 or 5 experienced and expensive free agents (the thought here being they could add some nous to a young squad).

Given who had been relegated and as it turned out who got promoted the League was tougher and the best outcome they could reasonably expect was a top 6 finish. They have now saddled themselves with the back end of the veteran contracts they gave out last summer are out of parachute payments and it all looks a bit of a mess. Although they have players they can sell for decent money. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9186 on: Today at 12:54:24 PM »

Blackburn Rovers

@Rovers
📰 𝐂𝐥𝐮𝐛 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Gregg Broughton, Director of Football, who joined us in June 2022, has now left the club by mutual agreement.

We wish him well in the future.

#Rovers 🔵??