Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 90916 times)

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

Re: FA Cup
« Reply #250 on: April 07, 2019, 06:40:39 PM »
Oh the crushing disappointment.

Let's send a plane over the custard bowl with a message of our sincere condolences.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #251 on: April 07, 2019, 06:41:07 PM »
So relieved.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: April 07, 2019, 06:41:54 PM »
Anyone else cheered up by that? Thought so.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #253 on: April 07, 2019, 06:43:06 PM »
They’ll just have to be content with a top four finish and Champions League next season ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #254 on: April 07, 2019, 06:43:38 PM »
The D1ngle5 manager's game management has been right up there with Michael Appleton 3 nil up at half time!!!
Alf Ramsey 1970

tennant1wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2019, 06:44:50 PM »
brilliant shut them cocky c&@ts up wont it
we all hate wolves scum 💩

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2019, 07:33:11 PM »
Anyone else cheered up by that? Thought so.

Just couldn't have THEM in a Cup Final.   ;D
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2019, 06:41:48 PM »
City 5 up with 10 mins to go...left Aguero on the bench...woudnt have fancied playing them next year !!!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2019, 06:47:50 PM »
6-0 now. Can you imagine how we’d fare against teams like Man City and Liverpool if we had got promoted. I think we have dodged a bullet by not getting promoted.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2019, 06:51:22 PM »
Does Pep fancy a proper challenge? No. Ok cya later
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2019, 06:54:51 PM »
6-0 now. Can you imagine how we’d fare against teams like Man City and Liverpool if we had got promoted. I think we have dodged a bullet by not getting promoted.

Not Going up didn’t bother me , losing to the vile did  :(

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2019, 07:09:01 PM »

Opposite for me.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2019, 07:14:47 PM »
That said if City don't go out early and Liverpool keep picking weakened teams the showpiece match will become a farce. That was a joke today joint biggest win matching Bury vs Derby over a 100 years ago.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2019, 07:14:56 PM »
Most muted celebrations I can ever remember.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2019, 08:43:08 PM »
Same here. A further chance to go up would have been nice though.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2019, 08:53:26 PM »
Club that spends huge sums of money wins FA cup, is this sport, really.
Baggie in Southampton

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2019, 10:13:03 PM »
They were clearly looking to enjoy themselves today after the pressure Liverpool put them under in the title race. de Bruyne lifts an already very good team to another level.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2019, 11:50:30 PM »
A bench that is worth £240 million and Aguero on the bench wins 6-0 in the final against the 10th best team in the country, While completing a domestic treble. You would think it's Football Manager stuff but it's reality.

Spend the most, Win the most. Simple really.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #268 on: May 19, 2019, 08:49:21 AM »
A bench that is worth £240 million and Aguero on the bench wins 6-0 in the final against the 10th best team in the country, While completing a domestic treble. You would think it's Football Manager stuff but it's reality.

Spend the most, Win the most. Simple really.

There are a couple of points here firstly the bench is not worth £240m, it cost £240m in fees because a handful of rich clubs have inflated fees and wages to a point where it is virtually impossible for any team outside the cartel to compete.

The spend the most win the most does not always work United have spent nearly as much as City outbid them for players on occassion e.g. Van Persie and Sanchez but are nowhere near this City team.

Yesterday's result highlighted the gap between the top 6 and the rest.  England is fortunate most of the top 5 leagues have a top team cartel of no more than 3. In Germany Bayern have won 7 titles in a row France PSG 6 on the spin and Italy Juve 8 in sucession and generally those titles have been won at a canter.

All sport is only engaging if it is an evenly matched contest. Football is in danger of not being a contest there was no point to yesterday's final. A team that finished 10th cannot be as big of an underdog as Watford were. Why go? Why tune in (I didn't). What is the point?

I am not sure what the answer is maybe floating off the elite into a Europen Super League is one solution BUT when the elite move on so does the money they generate and how what is left is distrubuted and controlled within the game needs to be better manged than it is currently or we end up back here but on a greatly diminished scale.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #269 on: May 19, 2019, 02:59:04 PM »
There are a couple of points here firstly the bench is not worth £240m, it cost £240m in fees because a handful of rich clubs have inflated fees and wages to a point where it is virtually impossible for any team outside the cartel to compete.

The spend the most win the most does not always work United have spent nearly as much as City outbid them for players on occassion e.g. Van Persie and Sanchez but are nowhere near this City team.

Yesterday's result highlighted the gap between the top 6 and the rest.  England is fortunate most of the top 5 leagues have a top team cartel of no more than 3. In Germany Bayern have won 7 titles in a row France PSG 6 on the spin and Italy Juve 8 in sucession and generally those titles have been won at a canter.

All sport is only engaging if it is an evenly matched contest. Football is in danger of not being a contest there was no point to yesterday's final. A team that finished 10th cannot be as big of an underdog as Watford were. Why go? Why tune in (I didn't). What is the point?

I am not sure what the answer is maybe floating off the elite into a Europen Super League is one solution BUT when the elite move on so does the money they generate and how what is left is distrubuted and controlled within the game needs to be better manged than it is currently or we end up back here but on a greatly diminished scale.

Sorry but Man City have spent a lot more than Man Utd. As of September 2018:

Man City £1.325billion
Chelsea £1.310billion
Man Utd £993.45million
Liverpool £965.50million
Arsenal £604.90million
Everton £538.19million
Spurs £530.98million

Other than that Chelsea's expenditure is however proof that those who spend the most don't necessarily win the most.

Whilst people may ridicule Americans for a lot of things, their drafts are arguably the best way of equally distributing talent and encouraging competitiveness in any sport in the world.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2019, 03:33:17 PM »
When i was a lot a younger the day started at 11.0Clock. Go down the Bookies then the Offy and then down your mates house. Totally soulless now!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #271 on: January 04, 2020, 05:00:55 PM »
Fulham and Brentford are through to the next round of the FA cup.
It may mean that they may take some of their eyes off the championship, thus giving us a better chance to get promoted.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #272 on: January 04, 2020, 06:56:55 PM »
Fulham and Brentford are through to the next round of the FA cup.
It may mean that they may take some of their eyes off the championship, thus giving us a better chance to get promoted.
Until we win tomorrow then everybody will be saying it’s the momentum we need for the league ...
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #273 on: January 04, 2020, 07:10:59 PM »
Bristol City and Reading being taken to replays is quite useful. Reading were just starting to mount a bit of a promotion push themselves while Bristol C are only 3 points outside the play offs.

I think i'm happy to see Sheff Wed, Brentford and Fulham all in the next round, as while there is an argument to say it gives them momentum and allows opportunities to get some of their back up players game time, it still leaves them open for fatigue and injuries (as seen with Fletcher).

I'll still be happy to see us win tomorrow but i'd like to see the majority of our players (like last season) being squad players. Provided we don't go to replay, it will be good for the likes of Zohore, Austin, Hegazi, O'Shea, Brunt, Barry and Edwards to keep their foot in.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #274 on: January 04, 2020, 07:44:28 PM »
Wolves will have to have a replay mid week at Old Trafford to make the 4th round. Not great news when they also have their league and European campaigns to juggle.

Perfect result really 😁
Boing Boing