Author Topic: Ahmed Hegazi leaves for Al-Ittihad  (Read 245999 times)

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Ahmed Hegazi
« Reply #800 on: June 28, 2020, 10:00:13 AM »
Needs to be dropped next game. People can say all they want about Bartley as a player but Ajayi and Bartley are a better partnership than Ajayi and Hegazi.
I agree.
I think helgazi is the better defender than bartley but Ajayi/Bartley is the better partnership.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #801 on: June 28, 2020, 10:08:16 AM »
I agree.
I think helgazi is the better defender than bartley but Ajayi/Bartley is the better partnership.
Or we go three at the back....
That way we have Hegazis height and presence, Bartley’s talking and semi doing what semi does.....
Or O’Shea in with hegazi and Bartley..with semi in front of them so an extra protection for the 3 cb’s when under pressure but the extra man to overwhelm opposition midfield .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #802 on: June 28, 2020, 10:09:05 AM »
I agree.

Yes but what about Hegazi
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #803 on: June 28, 2020, 11:29:17 AM »
Since Hegazi returned against Bristol City we have had 4 clean sheets in 6 games. We conceded one goal in each of the other two games. At no other stage of the season have we had a defensive record close to that.

Centre back is the one area of the team that is functioning properly.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:43:35 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #804 on: June 28, 2020, 11:53:21 AM »
Since Hegazi returned against Bristol City we have had 4 clean sheets in 6 games. We conceded one goal in each of the other two games. At no other stage of the season have we had a defensive record close to that.

Spot on. The two centre backs are among 5 players who should be guaranteed starts at present.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:44:35 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #805 on: June 28, 2020, 11:59:39 AM »

Indeed it is , and a good job too.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:44:52 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #806 on: June 28, 2020, 12:31:22 PM »

A lot of the thoughts which pass for opinion on this site leave me baffled. Such as your continued insistence last season that Gayle was fine out on the left. However, I am in agreement with you re Hegazi.

If I'm honest I do have my doubts about Ajayi's positioning and aerial contributions at times, something I've mentioned elsewhere previously. But for me the Hegazi/Ajayi partnership is worth sticking with.

It would take a serious drop in form from either of them before I'd bring Bartley back into the starting eleven. I think I'd rather see O'Shea given a run out at centre half before that.

No insult meant to Kyle or his growing number of admirers.....
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:45:02 PM by LiamTheBaggie »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #807 on: June 28, 2020, 12:47:26 PM »
Hegazi is way better than Bartley for me.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #808 on: June 28, 2020, 12:50:06 PM »
Yep our CBs are decent I’d say and happy with the current selection. Hegazi also hit three outstanding cross field balls against Birmingham.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #809 on: June 28, 2020, 12:56:30 PM »
Yep our CBs are decent I’d say and happy with the current selection. Hegazi also hit three outstanding cross field balls against Birmingham.

Hegazi is streets ahead of the others in possession.

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #810 on: June 28, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »
The centre backs are nowhere near my top concerns at the moment, I would actually say not much blame at all. I was very much convinced Brentford would score a couple on Friday more so because they are a good confident team with dangerous forwards, Benrahma and Watkins produced as expected when the opportunity arose. I will not say it was a clanger on our part.

The defensive record recently is approved and I am pleased to see the partnership of Hegazi and Ajayi, the clean sheet record is looking much better and even Sam come and claimed a few crosses on Friday. I have no major issue with Bartley, sometimes he is a bit shaky but has had a much improved season and is an adequate replacement to step back in if needed.

Ahmed can be a bit rash, is not as strong as attacking the ball as Bartley and can sometimes be over confident. I do think he is a good footballer and very good defender, international level. A partnership with Ajayi who I feel is the most complete defender, I do not have a big issue with those players making the step up if we make it. Generally crosses have been poor and I will not place too much blame on them attacking corners, at the moment we need a goal from anywhere which will hopefully improve the confidence of the team.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #811 on: June 28, 2020, 01:25:07 PM »
The defensive record recently is approved

Birmingham didn't cross the half-way line and Logan still worked our keeper more than our team did Lee Camp. If you remember Hegazi watched Logan head a free kick straight at Johnstone and then the same with a volley from a tight angle late on. Brentford dug in one they went one nil up but still missed two very chances second half to finish us off. The Egyptian pyramid plays and looks like he's stoned. He's permanently comotosed. His much fabled size and presence is a myth. He's managed 3 goals for us in 86 games and is a walking time bomb defensively. Slow, deep, drags the team back, hogs the ball. Takes too many chances. Doesn't have a defenders instinct.  Ask Ajayi who he would like to play with and place his trust in. The answer won't be Hegazi.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #812 on: June 28, 2020, 01:48:26 PM »
Of course it's not. It gives much needed context to the post in question.   :-X

Hegazi is on your list of protected players, you've made excuses for every poor performance and mistake he's every made so in that context I take everything you say about the bloke with a pinch of salt.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #813 on: June 28, 2020, 02:58:15 PM »
Birmingham didn't cross the half-way line and Logan still worked our keeper more than our team did Lee Camp. If you remember Hegazi watched Logan head a free kick straight at Johnstone and then the same with a volley from a tight angle late on. Brentford dug in one they went one nil up but still missed two very chances second half to finish us off. The Egyptian pyramid plays and looks like he's stoned. He's permanently comotosed. His much fabled size and presence is a myth. He's managed 3 goals for us in 86 games and is a walking time bomb defensively. Slow, deep, drags the team back, hogs the ball. Takes too many chances. Doesn't have a defenders instinct.  Ask Ajayi who he would like to play with and place his trust in. The answer won't be Hegazi.

Yet is still a better option than Bartley.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #814 on: June 28, 2020, 08:46:25 PM »
Hegazi is on your list of protected players, you've made excuses for every poor performance and mistake he's every made so in that context I take everything you say about the bloke with a pinch of salt.

Could Brunty play centre half ? :D

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #815 on: June 28, 2020, 08:50:00 PM »
Couldn’t play half....and shouldn’t be near the centre 😂😂
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #816 on: June 28, 2020, 09:00:46 PM »

Better than Bartley yes...

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #817 on: June 29, 2020, 04:48:22 PM »
Bizarre appraisal of a perfectly acceptable central defensive performance.
Have to agree, if that ball hadn't nicked off Ajayi, they wouldnt have scored.   IF
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #818 on: July 01, 2020, 08:18:56 PM »
Third game in a row now with no NHS logo on his shirt. I’m not bothered about it, just wondering why?  ::)

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #819 on: July 01, 2020, 08:46:24 PM »
And it’s not a conversation I want on this forum given some of the previous comments to that were deleted..
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #820 on: July 01, 2020, 10:28:02 PM »
Best player on the pitch for us by a distance tonight.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #821 on: July 01, 2020, 10:30:12 PM »
Best player on the pitch for us by a distance tonight.

I'd give MOM to Sawyers. Hegazi replicated our performance in general. Very shaky in the first half (rescued by Gibbs who ironically was our weakest link in the first 45 mins) and much improved and controlled in the second. He put himself about which was pleasing to see. Just needs to learn to stay goal side and keep his concentration.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #822 on: July 01, 2020, 10:38:16 PM »
I'd give MOM to Sawyers. Hegazi replicated our performance in general. Very shaky in the first half (rescued by Gibbs who ironically was our weakest link in the first 45 mins) and much improved and controlled in the second. He put himself about which was pleasing to see. Just needs to learn to stay goal side and keep his concentration.

Just shows how differently we all see games.
 I thought Hegazi was our best player first half (apart from the one blip when he was rescued by Gibbs) and was very solid second half. MOM for me.

I thought the whole midfield was poor first half and we really missed Livermore. Sawyers did nothing positive for me in the first half, better in the second but so was everyone else.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #823 on: July 01, 2020, 10:38:44 PM »
it was tailor made for Hegazi tonight, put little nippy forwards against him and he has problems, now isn't time for that though, I thought the defence nullified wednesday completely and credit is due to them all.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #824 on: July 01, 2020, 11:09:17 PM »
I thought he was excellent tonight. In fact full credit to the whole back four.