Author Topic: 6 Aug 2021 AFC Bournemouth 2 Albion 2  (Read 35427 times)

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #425 on: August 07, 2021, 07:02:08 PM »
It was an enjoyable game very enjoyable. If this is Val Ball this is going to be good Defending was suspect as to was goalkeeping, Attack saved us should have won 2-3 or 2-4 listened on Radio So haven't seen any replays of the disallowed goals.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #426 on: August 07, 2021, 08:27:03 PM »
Watching on TV you get a far better view than the ref so i can see how he missed it. Try refereeing as most local leagues are short.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #427 on: August 07, 2021, 08:33:24 PM »
Calamity Kyle was rattled and out thought by Marcondes all game. Absolute liability.
He seemed to be looking for retribution all game after that late tackle on him early doors.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #428 on: August 07, 2021, 10:04:42 PM »
Alot of refs give keepers extra protection in those kind of crowded goalmouth situations.
I was more relieved he didn't spot O'Shea tugging at someone's shirt in our penalty area. 

The disallowed goal was always going to happen. Before the corner was taken the referee stopped play to have a word about the tussling going on even though it was one of their players throwing himself to the ground after no contact from anyone. As soon as that happens 99 times out of 100 as soon as the corner comes in the referee gives a free kick to the defending side and to me that's exactly what happened there.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #429 on: August 07, 2021, 10:48:01 PM »
The ref was poor but he also never spotted O’Shea trying to remove an opponent’s shirt in the penalty area in the second half.

Cannot agree with this. The ref gave nothing because he must have seen the Bournemouth man wrap his shirt around Dara's hand and tried to run away from him. In fact he almost brought Dara to his knees in his efforts, and in my entirely objective view should have been sent off for simulation or dangerous uncontrolled play, or something similar. This might have gone some way to make up for the stuff he did not give us.   ;)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #430 on: August 07, 2021, 11:05:06 PM »
Cannot agree with this. The ref gave nothing because he must have seen the Bournemouth man wrap his shirt around Dara's hand and tried to run away from him. In fact he almost brought Dara to his knees in his efforts, and in my entirely objective view should have been sent off for simulation or dangerous uncontrolled play, or something similar. This might have gone some way to make up for the stuff he did not give us.   ;)

The best one was no yellow card for their full back for chopping down Diangana just outside the box.

Ten mins later Mowatt does the same thing on the touchline, guess what, yellow card.

Gotta loves referees.

Still glad we dont have VAR in this league though whatever the refs are like.

JMullen95

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #431 on: August 08, 2021, 01:16:04 AM »
Watching on TV you get a far better view than the ref so i can see how he missed it. Try refereeing as most local leagues are short.

They haven’t got the bottle to.

Jeb-Dog

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #432 on: August 08, 2021, 09:12:25 AM »
Liked the intensive play. Was fun to watch. Thought the same defensive lapses of previous 3 seasons is still there, let’s hope Clarke is a decent defender as we are really short of them. Teams are going to target us out wide over the top. And we looked in trouble every time Bournemouth did. On the plus side Mowatt was excellent and we were the better side in my opinion.

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #433 on: August 08, 2021, 12:13:25 PM »
They haven’t got the bottle to.

Nah few of us are bent enough to turn pro ref.  ;D

Either that, or like me don't need the money from the Levi the Gold types, nor the Arab or American owners.   :P

More than happy to criticise and moan from the safety of me (new) electric rise and recliner ;D

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #434 on: August 09, 2021, 06:50:59 PM »
A promising start to the season. Like the pressure on their goal and the determination throughout - it will gain a lot of points. Longer term the style could also result in suspensions and injuries but the contrast with last season is positive.