Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2400017 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #14200 on: July 23, 2023, 05:09:56 PM »
You can always rely on Fulham to overspend like the Seri days. Mitro has refused to ever play for them again, so their answer is the ding. Relegation certs if they lose Paulinha and this swap happens imo.

He had said his goodbyes to the dingles and isn't the shadow of the player he was before his fractured skull, yet the dings still get £5.5m for a player they should be paying off to leave.

It's only us who get shafted in the transfer market.

Surprised they got 5m for him as you say. He's nowhere near his previous levels.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14201 on: July 23, 2023, 05:32:29 PM »
How do Everton manage to attract quality technical players like Danjuma? Does his agent not realise he'll be expected to fit in with Sean Dyche's kick and rush? I suppose money talks.  Everton do however seem to have some very good scouts who know what to look for.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14202 on: July 24, 2023, 08:51:26 PM »
Wilfried Zaha officially signs for Galatasary. Slightly odd choice for me but his life.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14203 on: July 24, 2023, 10:28:09 PM »
Wilfried Zaha officially signs for Galatasary. Slightly odd choice for me but his life.

Absolutely.

I had just read about it, and it's "only " a £2m signing on fee and £70k a week.

I think he must have an injury issue as Palace would have easily beaten that imo and many other prem clubs.

Going to Turkey is like going to Saudi, and I read last week he rejected a massive offer from the latter.

Maybe he wants to emulate Souness's flag antics.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14204 on: July 24, 2023, 10:52:56 PM »
Absolutely.

I had just read about it, and it's "only " a £2m signing on fee and £70k a week.

I think he must have an injury issue as Palace would have easily beaten that imo and many other prem clubs.

Going to Turkey is like going to Saudi, and I read last week he rejected a massive offer from the latter.

Palace offered him a lot.kore than that. Crazy

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14205 on: July 25, 2023, 12:26:32 PM »
Absolutely.

I think the Turkish tax regime is somewhat easier than here. If he preferred Turkey to Saudi it might be because there is more of an established league there with proper fan base etc. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14206 on: July 25, 2023, 02:40:22 PM »
Galatasaray can offer Champions League football which is something he wouldn't get in either Saudi or at Palace. He will also have a good chance of getting a league winners medal there too.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14207 on: July 25, 2023, 05:32:28 PM »
Galatasaray can offer Champions League football which is something he wouldn't get in either Saudi or at Palace. He will also have a good chance of getting a league winners medal there too.
and mental fans that adore or hate you. No happy clappers there. What's not to like a a pro footballer.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14208 on: July 25, 2023, 08:49:17 PM »
And he’s upfront with icardi ,zaniolo and mertens
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14209 on: July 26, 2023, 09:08:39 AM »
i predict they will love him in turkey. he is exciting, energetic and volatile ideal for the cauldron.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14210 on: July 27, 2023, 11:55:57 AM »
Ekrem KONUR

@Ekremkonur
🚨Nottingham Forest have signed Chilean free agent striker Alexis Sánchez on a 1+1-year contract. 🇨🇱 🔴 #NFFC

Blimey. That came out of nowhere.

EDIT - Romano saying it's a load of bull.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:44:38 PM by gazberg »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14211 on: July 29, 2023, 04:14:36 PM »
If Luton sign Palmer they will have a really decent Champo team if/when they come back down and for not that much money. Giving themselves a chance to yo-yo and build.

Their owners and executives looking further than the next 24 hours and building something in direct opposition to our quality management.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14212 on: August 02, 2023, 03:37:07 PM »
Ekrem KONUR
@Ekremkonur

🚨Aston Villa are set to trigger the £25 million  release clause in Tyler Adams.
🇺🇸 🔵 #AVFC 🟡 #LUFC

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14213 on: August 04, 2023, 01:44:39 AM »
Brighton making £25m for their second choice keeper is peak Brighton isn't it.

Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14214 on: August 04, 2023, 05:18:36 PM »
....And Chelsea paying Brighton £25m for their second choice keeper is totally on brand as well  8)
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14215 on: August 07, 2023, 01:51:23 PM »
Nixon Patreon:

Burnley offering 12m to Sheff Utd for Berge who is in last year of deal.

Wonder if they would sell to a relegation rival

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14216 on: August 08, 2023, 12:54:18 PM »
Berge having medical at Burnley

Also Wolves in talk with their boss who wants out. Gary O Neill lined up to replace him

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14217 on: August 08, 2023, 01:04:08 PM »
Berge having medical at Burnley

Also Wolves in talk with their boss who wants out. Gary O Neill lined up to replace him

I'm not sure O'Neil is the answer. He was great at Bournemouth but it's a big gamble. Seems like Wolves's bubble is starting to burst.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14218 on: August 08, 2023, 01:37:53 PM »
I'm not sure O'Neil is the answer. He was great at Bournemouth but it's a big gamble. Seems like Wolves's bubble is starting to burst.

The bubble is bursting but sadly still years ahead of us

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14219 on: August 09, 2023, 10:01:42 AM »
The bubble is bursting but sadly still years ahead of us

It's not that long ago that it was us who were years ahead of them, it just feels like it is. Football is cyclical. Currently they have a slow puncture in need of repair and they're trying to patch up and make do. All it takes is a couple of bad decisions and they'll be down.

If we have a knight in shining armour waiting in the wings we could be years ahead of them again before they or we know it. If though is a deceptively long word for one with two letters so don't forget to breathe between now and then ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14220 on: August 09, 2023, 10:04:23 AM »
It's not that long ago that it was us who were years ahead of them, it just feels like it is. Football is cyclical. Currently they have a slow puncture in need of repair and they're trying to patch up and make do. All it takes is a couple of bad decisions and they'll be down.

If we have a knight in shining armour waiting in the wings we could be years ahead of them again before they or we know it. If though is a deceptively long word for one with two letters so don't forget to breathe between now and then ;D .

If football is cyclical when are the Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Arsenal going to get relegated and were going to get our turn winning League titles,? ::)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14221 on: August 09, 2023, 10:48:59 AM »
If football is cyclical when are the Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Arsenal going to get relegated and were going to get our turn winning League titles,? ::)

No idea chap but Manchester United have at least been relegated in my lifetime. In all honesty it was a very long time ago and I can only just about remember it but it was definitely after the alleged moon landings.

The football landscape has changed quite a bit since then and there may be a pronouned mission to Mars before it happens again. You might even get a chance to write a song about it, a bad one no doubt but hopefully better than the Rabid Ear Mangler's (REM) attempt  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14222 on: August 09, 2023, 11:11:10 AM »
No idea chap but Manchester United have at least been relegated in my lifetime. In all honesty it was a very long time ago and I can only just about remember it but it was definitely after the alleged moon landings.

The football landscape has changed quite a bit since then and there may be a pronouned mission to Mars before it happens again. You might even get a chance to write a song about it, a bad one no doubt but hopefully better than the Rabid Ear Mangler's (REM) attempt  ;D .
And I remember watching Man City getting soundly beaten by Wycombe Wanderers, but seems like a long time ago. But yes indeed, would be nice to see Man Utd, City etc. put to the test on a cold foggy night in Port Vale or somewhere similar.   

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #14223 on: August 09, 2023, 11:16:58 AM »

I won't be holding my breath. Until Lai is gone anyway

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #14224 on: August 09, 2023, 12:33:25 PM »
I won't be holding my breath. Until Lai is gone anyway

Please don't hold your breath until Lai is gone, you seem a decent bloke, be a shame to see your demise
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!