Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2400021 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #11150 on: January 05, 2021, 09:15:07 PM »
All I can think is because he got a red in a single game he misses the next game regardless.

CG is suspended due to an accumulation in a certain competition, the PL

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #11151 on: January 05, 2021, 11:34:43 PM »
40 cases of covid in the premier league - double the figures of last week.

With the bubbles seemingly burst we surely have to give consideration to a temporary halt?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11152 on: January 06, 2021, 03:13:27 PM »
We should punish the players who break lockdown they have the got the Money to pay fines so fine and ban them. If they wanted to play tough you shouldn't be breaking a National Lockdown. Also it amazes Me how Lys Mousset a fairly average Striker can afford a 300K Lamborghini Aventador and Black Rolls Royce despite playing for Sheffield United and Bournemouth two teams who are small In comparison to Man City someone like Kyle Walker or Deli Alli I could understand owning cars like that but Lys Mousset. I don't even think anyone at our club owns a Lambo or a Rolls.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #11153 on: January 06, 2021, 03:29:10 PM »
We should punish the players who break lockdown they have the got the Money to pay fines so fine and ban them. If they wanted to play tough you shouldn't be breaking a National Lockdown. Also it amazes Me how Lys Mousset a fairly average Striker can afford a 300K Lamborghini Aventador and Black Rolls Royce despite playing for Sheffield United and Bournemouth two teams who are small In comparison to Man City someone like Kyle Walker or Deli Alli I could understand owning cars like that but Lys Mousset. I don't even think anyone at our club owns a Lambo or a Rolls.

I doubt they really "own" the car more that they lease the cars (or the club does), nevertheless the majority of Pl players are multi-millionaires so could easily afford a 300K car.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11154 on: January 06, 2021, 03:35:26 PM »

With the bubbles seemingly burst we surely have to give consideration to a temporary halt?

Yes, provided training can continue so Sam can get his mini pre-season.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11155 on: January 06, 2021, 03:38:01 PM »
I doubt they really "own" the car more that they lease the cars (or the club does), nevertheless the majority of Pl players are multi-millionaires so could easily afford a 300K car.
yup, Mousset is on an estimated £25,000pw at Sheffield, so he’d be able to pay for an Aventador outright with about 12weeks of income.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11156 on: January 06, 2021, 03:38:11 PM »

From what I understand there simply isn't space in the calendar for a pause due to the Euros.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11157 on: January 06, 2021, 03:42:47 PM »
Multi Millionaires and yet done nothing I wonder what cars the likes of Shearer and all the old retired players own. Based on what I saw from MOTD when they did it over Zoom they spent on a nice house. Footballers today according to Micah Richards are about Cars, Women, Houses and Fashion

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #11158 on: January 06, 2021, 04:19:32 PM »
Multi Millionaires and yet done nothing I wonder what cars the likes of Shearer and all the old retired players own. Based on what I saw from MOTD when they did it over Zoom they spent on a nice house. Footballers today according to Micah Richards are about Cars, Women, Houses and Fashion

I agree with your point about players getting away with breaking regulations.

I imagine Shearer drove an expensive car when he was playing.

Even in the 1960/70's some footballers were all about cars, women, houses and fashion (George Best, Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles etc) nothing has changed really...apart from the vast sums of money.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11159 on: January 06, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »
I agree with your point about players getting away with breaking regulations.

I imagine Shearer drove an expensive car when he was playing.

Even in the 1960/70's some footballers were all about cars, women, houses and fashion (George Best, Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles etc) nothing has changed really...apart from the vast sums of money.
A few years back I heard something about how much Man utd players and Murhino there boss at the time were getting paid and if you combined it all together you would have enough to fix the NHS

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11160 on: January 06, 2021, 05:14:27 PM »
A few years back I heard something about how much Man utd players and Murhino there boss at the time were getting paid and if you combined it all together you would have enough to fix the NHS
there is not enough money in the existence of mankind that could do that!

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11161 on: January 06, 2021, 05:25:03 PM »

Average salary of a Premiership footballer is £3m a year. A 300k car represents 10% of an average yearly salary. Wonder how many people you know drive around in cars that are 10% of the total of their annual salary?

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11162 on: January 06, 2021, 06:06:11 PM »
Average salary of a Premiership footballer is £3m a year. A 300k car represents 10% of an average yearly salary. Wonder how many people you know drive around in cars that are 10% of the total of their annual salary?
Not many I know a mate who's dad owns a Jaguar Ftype SVR coupe the big V8 one it cost him about £120,000 he works at Birmingham Airport as an Air Traffic Controller and also a Ground Controller I don't how much he gets paid but I know he saved up for that Ftype and brought it in 2019 as I noticed it on my mates drive and he said his dad had just brought it after saving up for ages. I also know it cost £120,000 because I sat in it as the Ftype is my dream car and me and my other mate used to play with the Jaguar Configurator and his options were the same me and my mate used to add.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11163 on: January 06, 2021, 06:07:50 PM »
yup, Mousset is on an estimated £25,000pw at Sheffield, so he’d be able to pay for an Aventador outright with about 12weeks of income.

Only if his income's tax free.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #11164 on: January 06, 2021, 06:09:22 PM »
Also depends on Spec I read it was worth 300K but could be more could be less

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11165 on: January 06, 2021, 06:21:12 PM »
From what I understand there simply isn't space in the calendar for a pause due to the Euros.

Scrap the Euros and all internationals until things calm down. Honestly don't think they should be taking place anyway and posted such in relation to potential future fixture congestion prior to the restart.

The major plus point of internationals for supporters are banter with like minded supporters, away days and associated excursions. Can't imagine the experiences being what they were for some time so just bin them off.

Klopp and co' would trip over their erect appendages at the prospect. The only thing not to like for me would be the gurning Teuton's unbounded happiness.....
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11166 on: January 06, 2021, 09:37:45 PM »
Scrap the Euros and all internationals until things calm down. Honestly don't think they should be taking place anyway and posted such in relation to potential future fixture congestion prior to the restart.

The major plus point of internationals for supporters are banter with like minded supporters, away days and associated excursions. Can't imagine the experiences being what they were for some time so just bin them off.

Klopp and co' would trip over their erect appendages at the prospect. The only thing not to like for me would be the gurning Teuton's unbounded happiness.....

Agree with you mate, but I'm sure they've ruled out cancelling completely or postponing further.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #11167 on: January 06, 2021, 09:45:20 PM »

A lot, but you don't pay for it in 1 year, and not everyone drives new or even newish cars
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11168 on: January 06, 2021, 10:01:33 PM »
Agree with you mate, but I'm sure they've ruled out cancelling completely or postponing further.
I think it might become unavoidable, so just asking for a friend who's club are in danger of relegation, nothing to do with us you understand, what exactly was decided about what happens if the season is less than half finished and has to be called off?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11169 on: January 06, 2021, 10:06:49 PM »
Funny how the Villa mob aren’t shouting null and void this time round!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11170 on: January 06, 2021, 10:20:01 PM »
I think it might become unavoidable, so just asking for a friend who's club are in danger of relegation, nothing to do with us you understand, what exactly was decided about what happens if the season is less than half finished and has to be called off?

When it was mooted it was going to be either 2 thirds or 3 quarters had to be played or season would be declared null and void, but as far as I was aware this detail was to be decided at a later date.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11171 on: January 07, 2021, 11:03:11 AM »
"Man City v West Ham postponed. Follows @TelegraphSport
 revealing this week four City players tested positive for Covid-19 after trips to Dubai.
City told the FA they cannot field a squad of 14 players...
Seems likely Arsenal's game is OFF too.
Other clubs understandably unhappy"

Very naughty. City should throw the book at them.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11172 on: January 07, 2021, 11:44:33 AM »
"Man City v West Ham postponed. Follows @TelegraphSport
 revealing this week four City players tested positive for Covid-19 after trips to Dubai.
City told the FA they cannot field a squad of 14 players...
Seems likely Arsenal's game is OFF too.
Other clubs understandably unhappy"

Very naughty. City should throw the book at them.

Should probably clarify this is the WSL fixture. A fair few of the women pro game were quite unprofessional over Christmas it seems.
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11173 on: January 07, 2021, 11:54:00 AM »
Should probably clarify this is the WSL fixture. A fair few of the women pro game were quite unprofessional over Christmas it seems.

YEs sorry! Extrmely unprofessional.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11174 on: January 07, 2021, 03:08:59 PM »
Vile close training ground Girl ish   lost his hairband or a covid outbreak yet to be confirmed.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:10:31 PM by KYA »