Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2399902 times)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #6825 on: November 06, 2017, 11:17:25 AM »
Bilic has now been given the Spanish archer.

How long before there is another one closer to home.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6826 on: November 06, 2017, 03:17:31 PM »
Moyes set to be unveiled as the new West Ham boss tomorrow...they didn't hang about did they!
MAGA!

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6827 on: November 06, 2017, 03:19:19 PM »
Moyes is a good manager who has just been unlucky in recent jobs. He will do well at West Ham.

Alan Irvine will be joining him.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 03:31:00 PM by Legend »
the regime don't like it man

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6828 on: November 06, 2017, 04:26:59 PM »
Moyes set to be unveiled as the new West Ham boss tomorrow...they didn't hang about did they!
weird but I posted this yesterday after reading it in the mail online yet it was only announced today.

12:12:40 PM »
Bilic dismissed by west ham

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6829 on: November 06, 2017, 04:29:32 PM »
Moyes is a good manager who has just been unlucky in recent jobs. He will do well at West Ham.

Alan Irvine will be joining him.

Give it a rest please!   WUM's are not whats required at the moment when people are fraught.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6830 on: November 06, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »
Incredibly bad appointment by West Ham if true and something we would do if Pulis gets the heave no.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6831 on: November 06, 2017, 07:18:42 PM »
Incredibly bad appointment by West Ham if true and something we would do if Pulis gets the heave no.
Got to agree with you there, cannot see how that will be an improvement, hope we are correct, we need as many clubs in turmoil as possible.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6832 on: November 06, 2017, 07:25:24 PM »
Unbelievable WHU have appointed Moyes! 

There’s 1 relegation place sealed.  I’ll back CP to finish to finish above them as Hodgson is infinitely better.  It really makes you wonder about these owners.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6833 on: November 07, 2017, 04:46:51 PM »
And so the sloppy management merry go round continues to turn. Pathetic. Football management is full of deadwood. I think the football world needs some fresh blood.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #6834 on: November 07, 2017, 07:16:01 PM »
And so the sloppy management merry go round continues to turn. Pathetic. Football management is full of deadwood. I think the football world needs some fresh blood.
It's certainly harder these days for managers of football league clubs to pick up new jobs in the prem (unless they get their sides promoted there). Wilder at Sheff Utd has worked wonders with Northampton and Sheff U over the past 3 years ...will anyone try to prise him away or will he have to get Sheff U to the prem ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6835 on: November 09, 2017, 07:11:29 PM »
Good article calling out the Allardyce nonsense about British Coaches

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/sports/soccer/rory-smith.html?smid=tw-nytsports&smtyp=cur

The old school British Coach is a menace they keep hopping on and off the management merry go round and frankly their football sucks. There is a reason why the top 6 won't touch them with a barge pole because they aren't very good certainly when pitched against the rest of Europe.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6836 on: November 09, 2017, 07:38:22 PM »
Good article calling out the Allardyce nonsense about British Coaches

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/sports/soccer/rory-smith.html?smid=tw-nytsports&smtyp=cur

The old school British Coach is a menace they keep hopping on and off the management merry go round and frankly their football sucks. There is a reason why the top 6 won't touch them with a barge pole because they aren't very good certainly when pitched against the rest of Europe.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Pulis wasn’t even mentioned in the article. Even the New York Times can’t be bothered to mention us. Probably because they’re not aware that we even exist.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6837 on: November 10, 2017, 02:41:14 AM »
[quote authohr=costa blanca baggie link=topic=7483.msg569481#msg569481 date=1510256230]
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Pulis wasn’t even mentioned in the article. Even the New York Times can’t be bothered to mention us. Probably because they’re not aware that we even exist.
[/quote]

The article is by Rory Smith who is a very well established English football writer who happens to write for NYT. His previous employers include The Times and The Independent. I think he is aware of us. The article is no less valid for failing to mention Pulis, there are plenty of other managers in the British neo brutalist school of coaching that he doesn't mention e.g. Pardew. Maybe he missed a trick by failing to mention Pulis because his very existence proves the point.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6838 on: November 10, 2017, 04:55:07 AM »
The article is by Rory Smith who is a very well established English football writer who happens to write for NYT. His previous employers include The Times and The Independent. I think he is aware of us. The article is no less valid for failing to mention Pulis, there are plenty of other managers in the British neo brutalist school of coaching that he doesn't mention e.g. Pardew. Maybe he missed a trick by failing to mention Pulis because his very existence proves the point.
That was my point. Surprised that he wasn’t mentioned, being as he’s been in a job with us so long, and is a perfect example for the article.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6839 on: November 10, 2017, 06:53:05 AM »
The article is clearly about the lack of job opportunities for young british managers, rather than about how poor older British managers are.
 If we had just got Pulis in then he probably would have been mentioned in the article as another example of an old fashioned coach taking a job that could have been offered to a younger British manager.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6840 on: November 13, 2017, 09:25:59 PM »
Watford have rejected an approach from Everton for their highly-rated Portuguese manager Marco Silva.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41977289

Everton may still come in for Pulis and Megson. ;)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6841 on: November 13, 2017, 09:28:20 PM »
Watford have rejected an approach from Everton for their highly-rated Portuguese manager Marco Silva.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41977289

Everton may still come in for Pulis and Megson. ;)

The stock of Silva continues to rise then. Ah to be progressive as Watford were, not accepting the mediocrity of a mid table finish with a season of generally poor Football they acted to get rid of Mazarri and bring in a man whose star was only ever going to be rising. We could learn a lot from them.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6842 on: November 14, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »
Alan irvine joining Moyes at West Ham. Makes sense I suppose as they worked together at Everton. Have my doubts about both however.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6843 on: November 14, 2017, 03:51:32 PM »
The stock of Silva continues to rise then. Ah to be progressive as Watford were, not accepting the mediocrity of a mid table finish with a season of generally poor Football they acted to get rid of Mazarri and bring in a man whose star was only ever going to be rising. We could learn a lot from them.

I suppose it depends on who they get in to replace Silva as to whether they are a model to be replicated

No one said anything about 'progressive Watford' with their previous managers...who all failed and got sacked

They took a chance on Silva (who I very much like personally) but lets get real he got relegated with Hull (even though he gave them a good shot at staying up)

Watford may well struggle to keep hold of him...thats how progressive they are

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6844 on: November 14, 2017, 05:27:51 PM »
I suppose it depends on who they get in to replace Silva as to whether they are a model to be replicated

No one said anything about 'progressive Watford' with their previous managers...who all failed and got sacked

They took a chance on Silva (who I very much like personally) but lets get real he got relegated with Hull (even though he gave them a good shot at staying up)

Watford may well struggle to keep hold of him...thats how progressive they are

It's all levels, and with the money Everton now have they are a level above Watford and ourselves. Ultimately, Watford have been in the league for what...five fewer seasons than we have? Maybe six? They have already reached our current 'level' and if they retain Silva then I would imagine they will soon be a level ahead of us.

I would still say they were progressive with their previous managers. They let Jokanovic go after he got them promoted, brought in QSF who was a big name but as soon as they decided the football was too dull they got rid of him, appointed Mazzarri and felt his football was too negative also so let him go before going for Silva who they were able to witness at first hand and had impressed most and they are reaping the rewards currently.  I would say them identifying that they want more than just safety from their managers by playing dull football and dismissing them after only a season if they feel they are not providing sufficient entertainment is progressive. In the same period they have been in the Premier League, we have appointed Alan Irvine which was just ridiculous, then replaced that mistake with Pulis and have been bored into submission for going on three seasons now all in the name of safety.

I know which model I would rather be supporting currently.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6845 on: November 14, 2017, 07:02:43 PM »
Without checking I'm quietly confident that TP was in charge when Watford came up.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6846 on: November 14, 2017, 07:14:46 PM »
Without checking I'm quietly confident that TP was in charge when Watford came up.

I believe he was too, Pulis was appointed January 2015 I believe, with Watford being promoted that summer, I just had to cram in the disbelief I still feel when I remind myself that we actually appointed Irvine.

What do you feel about the rest of my point? In essence being that we have stood still/gone backwards whilst the likes of Watford have been promoted and attempted to grasp the new money by the horns and progress themselves as a side with a more progressive manager at the helm

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6847 on: November 14, 2017, 07:22:38 PM »
I think you make some very valid points, however, I also think it's fair to say our board are more risk averse than those at Watford. Time will tell who's correct in the long run. Sorry if that sounds enigmatic or boring but I'm posting from the pub and don't have time to go into things in greater detail. Off to hear the words of Tony Brown at Sutton supporters club shortly. BOING BOING.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6848 on: November 14, 2017, 07:41:29 PM »
Off to hear the words of Tony Brown at Sutton supporters club shortly. BOING BOING.
You'll have to let us know if you know who and you know what gets mentioned!  ;)
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6849 on: November 14, 2017, 07:57:33 PM »
I think you make some very valid points, however, I also think it's fair to say our board are more risk averse than those at Watford. Time will tell who's correct in the long run. Sorry if that sounds enigmatic or boring but I'm posting from the pub and don't have time to go into things in greater detail. Off to hear the words of Tony Brown at Sutton supporters club shortly. BOING BOING.

No it is very much a valid point.