Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2399904 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #5550 on: May 23, 2016, 12:11:53 PM »
i suppose all the major transfer activity will develop after the euros
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

The Stroller

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5551 on: May 23, 2016, 04:47:33 PM »
It's over for Van Gaal then

Speculation from a fevered brow here:
With Van Gaal departing United and Mourinho replacing him it looks very unlikely that Giggs will stay at Old Trafford.
Three senior members of our squad, Fletcher, Evans, Foster, have all worked closely with Giggs. Pulis doesn't seem nailed on for another season. Wonder what the odds are...

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5552 on: May 23, 2016, 05:02:48 PM »
Speculation from a fevered brow here:
With Van Gaal departing United and Mourinho replacing him it looks very unlikely that Giggs will stay at Old Trafford.
Three senior members of our squad, Fletcher, Evans, Foster, have all worked closely with Giggs. Pulis doesn't seem nailed on for another season. Wonder what the odds are...
why would you want Giggs?

The Stroller

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #5553 on: May 23, 2016, 05:43:54 PM »
why would you want Giggs?
Not saying I would... It's just that I have a feeling that Pulis isn't going to be here next season - the rest of it is, as I say, the work of a fevered mind!  :)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5554 on: May 23, 2016, 06:28:54 PM »
Good players don't always make good managers.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5555 on: May 23, 2016, 07:00:52 PM »
Not that we should speculate but Giggs would be another disaster, not fit for purpose with no PL experience.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5556 on: May 23, 2016, 08:12:14 PM »
If Giggs was serious about a coaching career he would have got himself out of the Manchester United bubble.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5557 on: June 02, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »
Ronald Koeman to Everton, why? are they in a better position than Southampton. Everton for me are the most critical supporters in the land so he will have to deal with that too
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5558 on: June 02, 2016, 10:48:33 PM »
Are Everton really that much of a step up from Southampton to seriously consider moving? Always thought he seemed a good fit at Southampton

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5559 on: June 04, 2016, 02:30:26 AM »
Arsenal trigger £20 million release clause in Jamie Vardy's contract... He won't fit in at Arsenal, but happy to see the dismantling begin.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5560 on: June 04, 2016, 06:16:34 AM »
Arsenal trigger £20 million release clause in Jamie Vardy's contract... He won't fit in at Arsenal, but happy to see the dismantling begin.

He hasn't gone there yet.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5561 on: June 04, 2016, 12:19:36 PM »
Ronald Koeman to Everton, why? are they in a better position than Southampton. Everton for me are the most critical supporters in the land so he will have to deal with that too

According to reports, he's been offered VERY big money at Everton. Sky and many others have said his wage will be at £6 million per year - I imagine he's on less than half that at Saints. Then they've said he can spend £100 million (I don't know if it's this season alone) and even more if they sell Lukaku...AND they've said they'll be moving into a bigger stadium within 5 years or so.

I agree that right now, Saints are probably in a very similar position - however, the new Everton chairman has promised to spend big. It may be a masterstroke or turn out to be the next Aston Villa situation, but right now he is promising an awful lot to get Koeman.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5562 on: June 06, 2016, 03:28:35 AM »
Vardy has agreed terms, finalised tomorrow, Arsenal now want Mahrez, meanwhile PSG will trigger Kante's release clause according to the French press.

Brilliant news.

Breaking up the band.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5563 on: June 06, 2016, 06:30:31 AM »
Vardy has agreed terms, finalised tomorrow, Arsenal now want Mahrez, meanwhile PSG will trigger Kante's release clause according to the French press.

Brilliant news.

Breaking up the band.

Why is that brilliant news? It's been refreshing to see another team stick it to the big boys. Having Leicester compete at the top only makes for a more competitive league which is better than watching Chelsea spunk £200 million on players and walk away with the title. I think it also sends a negative image to clubs like us saying if you have an amazing season the big boys will pick of your best players leaving you to rebuild, which kind of makes me think what's the point?

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5564 on: June 06, 2016, 08:43:11 AM »
Why is that brilliant news? It's been refreshing to see another team stick it to the big boys. Having Leicester compete at the top only makes for a more competitive league which is better than watching Chelsea spunk £200 million on players and walk away with the title. I think it also sends a negative image to clubs like us saying if you have an amazing season the big boys will pick of your best players leaving you to rebuild, which kind of makes me think what's the point?

Was always going to be the way, and if you look at it, its always been like that regardless of what level your at.

Saido had a good season last year and was wanted by the 'bigger fish' in the league. Regardless of the level we are at thats always the way, look at Villa, Ayew was probably their best player and no doubt he will be off.

Bigger clubs will always be after your best players, and lets face it, Leicester are not a big club.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5565 on: June 06, 2016, 08:48:24 AM »

They have gone from possibly signing Benzema, Higuain, Aubamewang and ended up with Vardy. Arsenal fans not best pleased. Can see this going the way Andy Carroll did at Liverpool.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5566 on: June 06, 2016, 09:33:01 AM »
It makes me smile that Arsenal are after Vardy and apparently Mahrez.

Are they missing the point here? Shouldn't they be after Ranieri instead?

I feel a bit sorry for Leicester TBH - without Vardy and Mahrez, I think they will get battered in the CL,  and as an English football fan I would love to see how the European 'big guns' handle their style of play. 
MAGA!

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5567 on: June 06, 2016, 10:28:56 AM »
Was always going to be the way, and if you look at it, its always been like that regardless of what level your at.

Saido had a good season last year and was wanted by the 'bigger fish' in the league. Regardless of the level we are at thats always the way, look at Villa, Ayew was probably their best player and no doubt he will be off.

Bigger clubs will always be after your best players, and lets face it, Leicester are not a big club.

Good job we don't have any then!  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5568 on: June 06, 2016, 11:32:37 AM »
Good job we don't have any then!  :D

Really? You must have missed all the news stories about Man United and Real Madrid sniffing around Ricky Lambert then   ;)

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5569 on: June 06, 2016, 02:08:25 PM »
They have gone from possibly signing Benzema, Higuain, Aubamewang and ended up with Vardy. Arsenal fans not best pleased. Can see this going the way Andy Carroll did at Liverpool.

Vardy is a far better striker than Carroll. To be honest I'd choose him over any of those on the list, Benzema probably the only one I'd hum and ha about.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5570 on: June 06, 2016, 03:01:52 PM »

Vardy is a far better striker than Carroll. To be honest I'd choose him over any of those on the list, Benzema probably the only one I'd hum and ha about.

Higuain scored 36 goals in 35 games this season. If one of Europe's top clubs isn't going all out to get him this summer then they're mad. Was a bit part player at Real and still had a better than 1 in 2 record. You're mental if given the chance you'd pick Vardy, a man who has had one decent season in terms of goals at the highest level.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5571 on: June 06, 2016, 03:03:30 PM »

Pass us over the crack pipe pal!

It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5572 on: June 06, 2016, 03:24:51 PM »

You must be joking surely?
Out the 3, youve chosen the one with the worst scoring rate last season to have over Vardy.

Higuain and Abemayang will be 2 of the most sought after signings this summer.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5573 on: June 07, 2016, 08:22:00 AM »
I take it you lot don't agree with me lol. Cool, all about opinions.

Personally, I don't think the Premier League would particularly suit Higuain. Aubameyang is good but I really don't see him as any better than Vardy who is what I call a proper striker.

Benzema has always been a good striker.

You lot are wrong and i am right. Now get over it.  ;D ;)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5574 on: June 07, 2016, 06:07:56 PM »
Ronald Koeman becomes Everton manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36455355