Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2399902 times)

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #4475 on: December 20, 2015, 10:25:13 AM »
Hoping for a West Ham win today, that'll leave me feeling more comfortable over Christmas if we can stay 6 points afloat.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4476 on: December 20, 2015, 10:37:27 AM »
We are not winning games.
We cheer when we get a draw.
We are sliding back down.
We need to get going again.
Pullis has to do his job.

His job is to keep us in the league which he's doing.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4477 on: December 20, 2015, 10:43:23 AM »
Still not at all worried. People seem to have short memories, we recently got 5 points out of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. We'll grind out enough results to survive reasonably comfortably.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4478 on: December 20, 2015, 10:47:46 AM »
Still not at all worried. People seem to have short memories, we recently got 5 points out of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. We'll grind out enough results to survive reasonably comfortably.

When will people understand it is not simply about results for some of our fan base, me included.

5 points against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool is good, and I have no doubt we could grind out results against other top sides, however that does not detract from the fact that in general I do not like our style under Pulis.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4479 on: December 20, 2015, 12:24:36 PM »
When will people understand it is not simply about results for some of our fan base, me included.

5 points against the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool is good, and I have no doubt we could grind out results against other top sides, however that does not detract from the fact that in general I do not like our style under Pulis.

When will some people understand nobody inside the club cares about the style as long as we pick up points?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4480 on: December 20, 2015, 12:37:10 PM »
When will some people understand nobody inside the club cares about the style as long as we pick up points?
And stay in the Prem.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4481 on: December 20, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »

Fair point and a persepctive which I respect.

However, if this is your stance then perhaps you should consider changing the signature at the bottom of your posts from.........."It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts" to......

....... 'It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts so long as it is with style, swagger, panache and executed in a manner of true footballing romance'  :) ;).
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4482 on: December 20, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »

I was referring to relegation worries, nothing to do with the style of football.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4483 on: December 20, 2015, 01:24:21 PM »
Fair point and a persepctive which I respect.

However, if this is your stance then perhaps you should consider changing the signature at the bottom of your posts from.........."It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts" to......

....... 'It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts so long as it is with style, swagger, panache and executed in a manner of true footballing romance'  :) ;).

If I thought we would win every game, even with Pulis and his style of football, I'd take it.

However I believe we would in fact secure more points if we set up to suit each game on its merits, it's one thing trying to hit the likes of Arsenal on the break, but one man up front against teams below and around us is unacceptable in my opinion.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4484 on: December 20, 2015, 01:29:02 PM »

I don't see many if anyone from inside the club coming on a forum to criticise fans who have a different perspective though, do you?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4485 on: December 20, 2015, 01:39:36 PM »
If I thought we would win every game, even with Pulis and his style of football, I'd take it.

However I believe we would in fact secure more points if we set up to suit each game on its merits, it's one thing trying to hit the likes of Arsenal on the break, but one man up front against teams below and around us is unacceptable in my opinion.

As stated previously, fair point.
I was just being tongue in cheek regarding the signature statement, no offence intended  :).

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4486 on: December 20, 2015, 01:40:58 PM »
As stated previously, fair point.
I was just being tongue in cheek regarding the signature statement, no offence intended  :).

None taken mate 😝

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4487 on: December 20, 2015, 01:58:20 PM »
Why such vitriol towards him??

I love Jose, think he is brilliant for the Premier League and I hope he sticks 2 fingers up at Chelsea and becomes Man Utd manager

Or alternatively he can stick the two fingers into somebodies eye, because he is very, very good at that.

A horrible, horrible individual.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4488 on: December 20, 2015, 03:33:36 PM »
Liverpool battered 3-0 by Watford. I wonder what Klippertys words of wisdom will be today
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4489 on: December 20, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »
Liverpool battered 3-0 by Watford. I wonder what Klippertys words of wisdom will be today

Probably blame Watford for playing too much football!. Welcome to the Premier League Jurgen.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4490 on: December 21, 2015, 10:52:27 AM »
Reports are coming out that if LVG loses against wither Stoke or Chelsea, he's gone. Personally I think it's already set in stone that he's going to be sacked but they're waiting until after the Chelsea game for whatever reason - maybe they are after Mourinho?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/louis-van-gaal-set-for-christmas-sack-if-manchester-united-lose-to-stoke-or-chelsea-a6780771.html

He/him

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4491 on: December 21, 2015, 11:59:46 AM »
Reports are coming out that if LVG loses against wither Stoke or Chelsea, he's gone. Personally I think it's already set in stone that he's going to be sacked but they're waiting until after the Chelsea game for whatever reason - maybe they are after Mourinho?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/louis-van-gaal-set-for-christmas-sack-if-manchester-united-lose-to-stoke-or-chelsea-a6780771.html

I called it as soon as he was sacked by Chelsea. Mourinho to Utd is a def for me!

Personally its the appointment they should have made when Fergie left! I think Jose would be great at Utd

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4492 on: December 21, 2015, 12:16:42 PM »
I called it as soon as he was sacked by Chelsea. Mourinho to Utd is a def for me!

Personally its the appointment they should have made when Fergie left! I think Jose would be great at Utd

Ironically, the impression I get is that by and large Utd supporters cannot stand Mourinho.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4493 on: December 21, 2015, 12:38:07 PM »
Ironically, the impression I get is that by and large Utd supporters cannot stand Mourinho.

By and large our fans couldn't stand Pulis either! A lot still don't!  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4494 on: December 22, 2015, 08:02:23 PM »
Luca Momoli ?@MomoliLuca 4 minutes ago
#AFCB have reached an agreement with #ASRoma for #Iturbe on loan (€2M) with option to buy for €22M. #Transfers

Bournemouth

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4495 on: December 22, 2015, 08:10:29 PM »
Don't think the United owners will care what the fans think, they'll see Mourinho as guaranteed top 4 finish this year. The first year isn't the problem with Mourinho...it's the 2nd or 3rd if he gets there.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4496 on: December 23, 2015, 03:26:27 PM »
Don't think the United owners will care what the fans think, they'll see Mourinho as guaranteed top 4 finish this year. The first year isn't the problem with Mourinho...it's the 2nd or 3rd if he gets there.
I think he's right up their street. He'll get them top 4 this season with slight improvements, possibly win the league next year (the second year is usually his best) and be sacked in the third, if that is what history shows us. Either way, I think he would improve both their football and their league places compared to Van Gaal. I definitely wouldn't view him as long-term however.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4497 on: December 23, 2015, 03:32:58 PM »
Mourinho was the guy they should have got to take over Fergie, the only man with the enough personality to have taken it on.

Personally I think Mourinho will fit Utd perfectly and ive always thought that

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4498 on: December 26, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »
Stoke 2-0 up against United after 25 mins.

Surely LVG will be gone

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4499 on: December 26, 2015, 02:29:20 PM »
sacked in the morning ringing out by any chance ? in stoke