Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2399965 times)

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #2700 on: July 25, 2014, 05:42:47 PM »
Burnley, villa and one of Swansea, Leicester, qpr or us.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2701 on: July 26, 2014, 12:57:16 AM »
It looks like Southampton are about to lose Lovren to Liverpool they are losing players faster than they can hire them. I think Tadic and Pelle are decent replacements for Llallna and Lambert but I think Lovren is the biggest loss and will be much harder to replace.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2702 on: July 26, 2014, 09:11:39 AM »
It looks like Southampton are about to lose Lovren to Liverpool they are losing players faster than they can hire them. I think Tadic and Pelle are decent replacements for Llallna and Lambert but I think Lovren is the biggest loss and will be much harder to replace.

Calum Chambers leaving as well! I've never known a financially sound club sell so many first team players so quickly. They could be in trouble next season.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2703 on: July 26, 2014, 10:58:06 AM »
Calum Chambers leaving as well! I've never known a financially sound club sell so many first team players so quickly. They could be in trouble next season.

Big big trouble, might even have a bet on them going down.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2704 on: July 26, 2014, 11:26:30 AM »

Could be going to Arsenal for £16M according to Sky Sports. They have taken in some serious money but will they spend it?

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2705 on: July 26, 2014, 11:30:20 AM »
Incredible isn't it, we finish 8th nobody gets poached, they finish 8th and half the team goes!

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2706 on: July 26, 2014, 11:33:38 AM »
West Ham seem to have a bit of drama going too with Sam and the board... hopefully we will have a quiet season this year. :D

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2707 on: July 26, 2014, 11:37:18 AM »
Could be going to Arsenal for £16M according to Sky Sports. They have taken in some serious money but will they spend it?

And will they spend it wisely? Spurs got all that money for Bale but didn't replace him adequately.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2708 on: July 26, 2014, 11:57:22 AM »
Kathrina Liebherr was always looking to recover the money after her fathers open cheque book - I don't think she envisaged recovering so much money however. They have been given some staggering amounts of money and not only do they now have the problem of trying to replace these players, clubs now know they are loaded with around £100million through sales and clubs will haggle for a slice of that cake. I tipped Southampton for a relegation this season on another forum and I think I might stand by that prediction unless they bring in some quality additions quickly - those quality additions won't be cheap.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2709 on: July 26, 2014, 11:57:57 AM »
Saints fans are going bonkers with this one. They seem to have zero confidence that the board will significantly reinvest in the squad and themselves are talking relegation. Interestingly they think even the top end fee is too low.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2710 on: July 26, 2014, 12:48:56 PM »
I wonder what Ronald Koeman must be thinking!Was he made aware that his best players were to be sold?.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2711 on: July 26, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
Best you can get on Southampton going down is 7/1, might be worth a few quid.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2712 on: July 26, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »
Saints simply have to struggle next season. When a team gets ripped apart like theirs has in such a short space of time there is never any quick fix. No matter how many players they bring in they are effectively creating a new team. All of their best players are gone and they are going to find it practically impossible to bring in players that are going to have the same influence especially in the short term. It's not as if its one area of their team that has been affected it is all over from front to back.

If Southampton stop up they will have had a good season.

boing boing baggies

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2713 on: July 26, 2014, 07:48:35 PM »
Saints simply have to struggle next season. When a team gets ripped apart like theirs has in such a short space of time there is never any quick fix. No matter how many players they bring in they are effectively creating a new team. All of their best players are gone and they are going to find it practically impossible to bring in players that are going to have the same influence especially in the short term. It's not as if its one area of their team that has been affected it is all over from front to back.

If Southampton stop up they will have had a good season.

Sounds a bit like us  ???

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2714 on: July 26, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »
Sounds a bit like us  ???

It does a little bit but the difference is with the exception of perhaps Billy Jones the players we have departed company with are players we don't want. Southampton would've dearly loved to keep the players they've departed company with, they just didn't have the stature / resources to keep them.

So, roughly (and maybe a fraction harshly) translated the players we've lost were rubbish, the players they've lost were their best players.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2715 on: July 30, 2014, 11:50:50 PM »
Lukaku signed for Everton tonight. £28m
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

tgd26

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2716 on: July 31, 2014, 12:46:16 AM »
Lukaku signed for Everton tonight. £28m

That is a lot of money for one playerwhen there is a limited transfer budget at the club (or so I believe)

A serious injury or a loss in form will mean that they will lose a lot of money for a club like Everton.

I wish him well though and quite like Everton and Martinez so I hope it goes well for him there. At least he will be valued like he was when he was here too - rather then getting the cold shoulder from Jose at Chelsea for another couple of years.

Chelsea have done very well out of that deal - £28m and a reported 8m loan fee from Everton last year. Not bad on an £18m purchase!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2717 on: July 31, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »
Everton fans seem very happy with their business so far this summer but I'm not so sure. Its worth remembering that with the exception of Muhamed Besic who they have signed they have essentially spent the best part of £30m and have exactly the same squad as last season, spending so much money to pretty much stand still.

Don't get me wrong its a great deal for Lukaku, wages rumoured to be around £75k-a-week and I expect he will only improve as a player from here.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2718 on: August 05, 2014, 08:20:37 AM »
I think Everton will be very happy to get Lukaku but it is very much a similar squad to last season and it very much is a aging team too. II hope Rom has a good season apart from the two games against us of course.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2719 on: August 05, 2014, 03:22:36 PM »
Everton fans seem very happy with their business so far this summer but I'm not so sure. Its worth remembering that with the exception of Muhamed Besic who they have signed they have essentially spent the best part of £30m and have exactly the same squad as last season, spending so much money to pretty much stand still.

Don't get me wrong its a great deal for Lukaku, wages rumoured to be around £75k-a-week and I expect he will only improve as a player from here.

Just look at the difference to us when we lost him. He's a formiddable striker and makes a real difference for whoever he plays.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2720 on: August 05, 2014, 07:42:08 PM »
Well done to Steven Naismith of Everton for buying matchday tickets for Everton fans wh cant afford to go to games
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2721 on: August 06, 2014, 12:53:21 PM »
I watched the Schalke cup on telly over the weekend. Couldn't believe how poor West Ham were..hardly created anything in 2 games, 0 goals (they beat Schalke on pens)..Malaga tore them to shreds. I'd be worried if I was Sam Allardyce.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2722 on: August 12, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »
This league is getting boring now, same old same old
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2723 on: August 12, 2014, 04:45:09 PM »
Would be a bit worried if villa get Sanchez and Leicester get cambiasso both good additions for them unlike there business so far, Think QPR have strengthened with hoddle coming in as first team coach, watch out Harry.

johhnybaggies 4life

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2724 on: August 12, 2014, 06:06:56 PM »
Rihanna wants to invest in Liverpool
Stick Together Through Thick And Thin