Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2399963 times)

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2012, 05:04:58 PM »
Next seasons premier league line up. Whos your favourite to win the league and the three to go down.

Man City will win the league

Norwich
Southampton
Reading
Will all get relegated
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2012, 05:25:23 PM »
Wigan loose Martinez then they will go.

Seem to have had an exodus of players leaving as well, including Rodegella (spelling).

Think Moses might leave as well.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #302 on: May 23, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
Joey Barton banned for 12 games. That's nearly a third of the season. With cup games as well, providing QPR go through a few rounds, it is still a quarter of the season.
Boing Boing

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #303 on: May 23, 2012, 07:43:41 PM »
Joey Barton banned for 12 games. That's nearly a third of the season. With cup games as well, providing QPR go through a few rounds, it is still a quarter of the season.

Still dont think it's long enough. If I did that on the street i'd be in jail for assault so why because he was on a football pitch should he get away with it. Taking into account his past behavior and antics i would have given him around 25 games without pay and if he does anything reckless again his registration in England will be cancelled. Maybe it would wake the little scrotum up to the fact that he cant do as he pleases on the football pitch.   

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #304 on: May 23, 2012, 11:20:30 PM »
Still dont think it's long enough. If I did that on the street i'd be in jail for assault so why because he was on a football pitch should he get away with it. Taking into account his past behavior and antics i would have given him around 25 games without pay and if he does anything reckless again his registration in England will be cancelled. Maybe it would wake the little scrotum up to the fact that he cant do as he pleases on the football pitch.

Whilst I agree mostly, I'm sure there's some kind of sport rule/law which basically condones violence to an extent?
I remember saying something similar but my friend corrected me, basically it's to do with "seeing red" due to adrenaline etc...don't know how much truth is in it though.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2012, 08:24:28 AM »
Its the same when the Rugby kicks off, if you saw a brawl like that in town, around 5-6 lads would be jailed for the night.

Sarniabaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2012, 08:39:20 AM »
Still don't think it's long enough. If I did that on the street I'd be in jail for assault so why because he was on a football pitch should he get away with it. Taking into account his past behavior and antics i would have given him around 25 games without pay and if he does anything reckless again his registration in England will be cancelled. Maybe it would wake the little scrotum up to the fact that he cant do as he pleases on the football pitch.

I would like to have seen Barton get more but I thought he would get around 9/10 games out, so 12 has to be a bonus in my view.

As for bringing in the law, I think it would be up to the individual to make it official by way of a complaint to the police.

I would hate to think that every time there is a spate on a sports field there would be police involvement.  Only the extremely serious stuff, like if someone suffered a serious injury through a deliberate action, would I want to see Police involvement.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:21:22 PM by Sarniabaggie »

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18184132

Taking into account all of that he should have been suspended for alot longer it's clear that he does give a flying so neither should the f.a when it comes to his punishment.

I don't think the law should come in and I like bloodthursty sports such as boxing but I go to watch a Football game not some jumped up tosspot try and fight everyone in sight. At least in other sports such as Rugby real men sort out there problems like men instead of snidley punching someone in the back of the head or kneeing someone when their not looking. The guy is an absolute scrotum and should be working in a McDonald's drive through earning a pittance instead of making millions. I wonder if he'd ever try and do that to Duncan Ferguson or Roy Keane, I think I know the answer.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2012, 07:45:17 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18184132

Taking into account all of that he should have been suspended for alot longer it's clear that he does give a flying so neither should the f.a when it comes to his punishment.

I don't think the law should come in and I like bloodthursty sports such as boxing but I go to watch a Football game not some jumped up tosspot try and fight everyone in sight. At least in other sports such as Rugby real men sort out there problems like men instead of snidley punching someone in the back of the head or kneeing someone when their not looking. The guy is an absolute scrotum and should be working in a McDonald's drive through earning a pittance instead of making millions. I wonder if he'd ever try and do that to Duncan Ferguson or Roy Keane, I think I know the answer.
I hope to God your not working, in any way, shape, or form, with recruitment. :o
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2012, 07:49:45 PM »
Why? The fact that Barton may have a bit of talent in no way overshadows the fact that is an idiot with mental issues. Idiots with mental issues should be nowhere near WBA let alone our first team. It is the job of our scouts to weed them out before we find ourselves with the problem of having one on our books.

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2012, 12:41:37 AM »
I hope to God your not working, in any way, shape, or form, with recruitment. :o

:D :D  :D  it was the first thing that came to my head. Mind even a McDonald's drive through job might be intellectually above Barton

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #311 on: May 30, 2012, 03:24:32 PM »
Thought there'd already be somewhere to post this but couldnt see so ive started i new topic. I've been listening to Talksport a lot lately, might be something to do with being newly single but i am sick to the teeth of Liverpool "Football Club" (why do they alway have to add "Football Club"?!) and the attitude their fans have. They haven't finished well for a few years and yes, they are a big club but right now there's plenty more attractive jobs than Liverpool so they should be happy to get somebody in Like Rodgers. I like to think Rodgers is using Liverpool as stepping stone to a bigger club, like Manchester United for example  ;D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #312 on: May 30, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »
Liverpool have a great history, but at the moment they're a middle table club and with a squad that reflects that. Managers from other mid-to-lower clubs like Rogers, Martinez and Lambert are about as good as they can expect. They aren't a top 4 team any more who compete for the title and the Champions League every season, if they were they could expect a massive name like Guardiola, but they aren't.

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #313 on: May 30, 2012, 03:41:51 PM »
If he does go to Liverpool, then Swansea will struggle big time. He has played a major part in there surge the past 2 years, he is very difficult to replace. I bet the Swans fans are worried now.

I think Rodgers is better suited to Liverpool than Martinez is.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #314 on: May 30, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »
I think it is a huge mistake on his part managing Liverpool is starting to look like the worst job in football. He pretty much hs to deliver Champions League football or he'll be fired with a squad which might be the 6th best in the Division and a greatly reduced transfer budget. He will also be the managing in the shadow of Kenny why anyone would want it is beyond me.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2012, 03:59:05 PM »
Don't think the shadow of Kenny applies anymore - he's had his second dart at it - they are hardly likely to appoint him again.
Re Swansea - they tend to appoint managers to suit their style so they won't necessarily fall apart - though granted, Rodgers took them up a couple of gears and will be hard to follow.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2012, 04:26:18 PM »
Guillem Balague ?@GuillemBalague

I've been told the new LFC manager will be announced within the hour, not sure how true this is. I'm on holidays,but will keep an eye on it

and yes it is Brendan Rodgers

Galahad

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
Rogers will be announced new Liverpool manager with a 3yr deal within the hour.

Come on JP, lets get Ralf signed up and stop any further speculation.  ;)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #318 on: May 30, 2012, 04:31:53 PM »
It's done. A three year deal.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #319 on: May 30, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »
Have we come to a time whereby Managers now command a transfer fee which is always mentioned when they sign. Before it was just 'x has signed a deal' now it always mentions the compensation package. AVB £12million, Rodgers £5million. How long before it they are listed as official managers transfer fees the same way players transfers are. 

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #320 on: May 30, 2012, 04:35:39 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18235961

Brendan Rodgers has agreed a deal to become the new manager of Liverpool Football Club.

The 39-year-old is understood to have signed a three-year contract at Anfield and his appointment is likely to be officially confirmed within 24 hours.

Liverpool will pay Swansea City between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18235961

Brendan Rodgers has agreed a deal to become the new manager of Liverpool Football Club.

The 39-year-old is understood to have signed a three-year contract at Anfield and his appointment is likely to be officially confirmed within 24 hours.

Liverpool will pay Swansea City between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services.

This is exactly what I mean, it never used to be mentioned. Now its all about the compensation.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #322 on: May 30, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »
Sigurdsson to Liverpool now then?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2012, 04:45:54 PM »
This is exactly what I mean, it never used to be mentioned. Now its all about the compensation.

5 million down the drain if he ends up a flop.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2012, 04:50:38 PM »
If Liverpool players didn't respect Hodgson what chance is there for Rodgers!