Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 444125 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #925 on: March 05, 2014, 06:17:36 AM »
Just goes to show that some of the ill feeling at the club probably goes deeper than we thought.
Always liked Morrison, all he's done is said what he thinks, no harm in that.
We've all got our opinions on what's going on at the club.
Thanks for being honest Jimbo.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #926 on: March 05, 2014, 08:31:43 AM »
After a week of headlines, I'd prefer it if he'd do his talking on the pitch.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #927 on: March 05, 2014, 09:00:21 AM »
After a week of headlines, I'd prefer it if he'd do his talking on the pitch.

Yeah, as I keep saying: The old core players need to stop talking and start performing if we are to survive. We haven't seen the 'real' Morrison, Olsson, Mulumbu etc for about a year. Time for those players to show they are as good as they say they are.

colinmax

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #928 on: March 05, 2014, 09:51:54 AM »
Could someone explain to me what Morrison does that is extra to what any professional player could do?
Any professional could make the occasional tackle,have one or two wild shots and make a few passes to team mates but we as supporters are entitled to ask more of a premiership player in our team.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #929 on: March 05, 2014, 09:53:21 AM »
Lets just hope if selected he dont have a stinker on Saturday
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

joeymayo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #930 on: March 05, 2014, 10:34:38 AM »
Could someone explain to me what Morrison does that is extra to what any professional player could do?
Any professional could make the occasional tackle,have one or two wild shots and make a few passes to team mates but we as supporters are entitled to ask more of a premiership player in our team.

When Pepe eventually goes i'm going to throw your name in the hat for head coach, jeez Hodgson, Di Matteo, Clarke, Mel some eloquent names have been head coach and picked Morrison so show some respect if not for him the coaches mentioned, that notwithstanding at least three national coaches who have been selecting him.

Not one person has stated that he mentiones the camaradarie with the players if fine but then again soap operas are by definition what they are useless actors in useless productions!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #931 on: March 05, 2014, 12:08:35 PM »
Don’t see the point of him stirring the pot up even more if I’m honest, should just get his head down and do his stuff for Scotland.   To me it sounds like a dig at JP, and it’s not the first one from Morrison, he is basically saying the decision to sack Clarke was the wrong one and that if he sacks Mel it will also be a poor decision.  Quite brave comments from an average footballer, probably thinks he is better than he is – a reflection of a squad with an over inflated ego.  Its about time these players woke up and realised they are largely responsible for our current predicament.
"This crack is really moreish."

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #932 on: March 05, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »
I come here and yes i had my Moan about Clarke and the transfer policy and even give my opinion about who should play and in what position. However slating some of the players has got ridiculous on here. Morrison has said this and yes it's not the smartest thing to say. Yes some of the players aren't good enough for this division however we are stuck with them until summer, so lets get behind them and the new manager.

If it comes may and they have got relegated and they have had a go il be gutted and il be ready for next year. If they go down with a whimper il be p****d off but il be behind them again for next season, regardless of division.

I was one of those who didn't think long was good enough but he's gone we didn't replace him and like with not replacing odemwingie and lukaku we find ourselves in a mess.

We need to stop laying into the players we have, including Morrison despite his daft comments, support the team do our part and hope they do there's
O Albion we love you

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #933 on: March 05, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »
I come here and yes i had my Moan about Clarke and the transfer policy and even give my opinion about who should play and in what position. However slating some of the players has got ridiculous on here. Morrison has said this and yes it's not the smartest thing to say. Yes some of the players aren't good enough for this division however we are stuck with them until summer, so lets get behind them and the new manager.

If it comes may and they have got relegated and they have had a go il be gutted and il be ready for next year. If they go down with a whimper il be p****d off but il be behind them again for next season, regardless of division.

I was one of those who didn't think long was good enough but he's gone we didn't replace him and like with not replacing odemwingie and lukaku we find ourselves in a mess.

We need to stop laying into the players we have, including Morrison despite his daft comments, support the team do our part and hope they do there's

I share some of those sentiments. We are where we are and all we can do is get behind whoever plays and hope for the best. I would however draw a distinction between being critical of a player on here and moaning at them when I am at the game or giving them abuse on twitter. Fans moaning at players does no good if they have an ounce of professional pride they know they have made mistakes and want to do better if they haven't got that then a negative reaction from the fans is not going to give it to them. If they are struggling with confidence or carrying injuries having a few thousand people on your case doesn't help either.

I think we have every right to be critical of a group of players who have demonstrated that they are good enough at their best for this Division but have in some cases not produced their best for the last 12 months or if they have it has only been for a few matches here and there. I put Morrison very much in that category he is a Senior Professional he has Premier League contract and a 100 plus games at this level I expect leadership instead I get whining and excuses.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #934 on: March 05, 2014, 02:19:57 PM »

Clarke wanted Anelka Sinclair he got them (neither for me have done anything, Anelka having a few moments is not enough)

Mcdonut was responsible for Anichibe, Lugano and Vydra. Vydra loaned as a panic signing purely of a good championship season, Lugano of reputation. Clarke wanted someone to replace odemwingie he got Sessi, started well gone off boil.

The sumemr window has saw us sign 3 journeymen: Sinclair hasnt kicked a ball when hes been on the pitch, Anelka floats around and i think was carried for many matches, Lugano came with reputation and has cost us so many goals and points- vill park the worst!

Sessi we paid over the odds same with big vic and both have had spells doing ok- both panic buys. Vydra distinctly average yes he scored an important goal saturday and agaisnt Hull but he looks out of his depth!

Yep, lets get behind them eh.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 02:22:01 PM by Signor_Maresca »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #935 on: March 05, 2014, 02:28:12 PM »
Totally agree. We must get behind them all if we stand anychance of staying up
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #936 on: March 05, 2014, 03:02:06 PM »
Cant see whats wrong with what he has said to be honest, read in The Sun today he said the whole season has been a shambles which is true. Mozza has been a good servant over the years I hope he can find some form back and is here for a few more years to come.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #937 on: March 05, 2014, 03:06:05 PM »
Not very sensible comments and a bit unnecessary. Best keeping any comments about Clarke to himself and I doubt the rumours and events of last week really impacted on the players at all. I doubt there was any speculation outside of the press that Mel could have departed last week. Maybe best to listen to what they hear first hand and ignore the press.
That said there's no point in any of the crowd having a go at him on Saturday (if selected). 
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #938 on: March 05, 2014, 03:47:28 PM »
I agree with Standaman, i dont think there is anything wrong fans picking up on somebody saying something they dont agree with on a forum or social networking, it doesnt mean we are not behind the player or not backing the team.

If people boo and jeer him then thats different but i havent seen any comment from what i have read that suggest people will do that, it seems a fair few people arent really that bothered what he said (me included) but just think it was a bit of a stupid thing to say.

My opinion is as before, i dont understand what he has gained from saying it, if the players had played well and were doing there bit then i think comments about the club in general are fair game, however as they have played rubbish for 18 x months, got  Clarke the sack, i would be more inclined to say get your own house in order before slating others.

I think the fans can do more and be more positive, but i think after 18 x months of witnessing very half hearted performances  in 3/4 of those games, i think the players owe the fans a bit more than the fans owe the players. I think there is a bit of ill feeling towards the players at the moment, last weeks rumoured stuff about the players visiting the clubs hierachy to complain, training camp been finished earlier than planned,  the overall poorness of the last 18 x months, etc all build up so personally i dont really care what the players have to say, i would prefer to see actions on the pitch rather than comments on other stuff.

I can accept it players arent good enough or beat by better teams, cant do much about it, but i think there have been a number of occasions when we have gone through the motions and lacked effort (games v bigger clubs excepted) its time for the players to show if they are good enough or if they have had their day at this level.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #939 on: March 05, 2014, 04:40:02 PM »

Never mind Earnshaw and Horsefield!

Lesson learned.  I don't think so. 

We have a lot of attacking options, but none of them are good enough, including Long.  Our striking options are like a team that has just been promoted.  This is our 4th consecutive season we should have decent strikers (of our own) by now.  Very small time.  If we are going to play 4-5-1 we only need 3 good strikers, maybe a midfielder who can play there as an option - not Long, Anichebe, Anelka, Vydra, Rosenberg, Sessegnon, Berahino (and now Theivy).  3 good strikers and Gera as cover would have been adequate.

I had no problem selling Long.  But not bringing in an adequate replacement is a real misjudgement.

How much would we have got for Long in the summer?  We are taking a really major risk for the sake of around £2m IMO.  Money in the bank won't look good if we end up with parachute payments.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #940 on: March 05, 2014, 05:24:36 PM »
Yep, lets get behind them eh.

I admit I have criticised as have alot of other people but we have reached a point when it's beyond healthy. We have changed the manager we have sacked Mdonut now it's do or die.
O Albion we love you

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #941 on: March 05, 2014, 05:27:19 PM »
So what will the atmosphere really be like Saturday folks. Upbeat or tense?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:32:10 PM by WBAinDEVON »

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #942 on: March 05, 2014, 05:53:48 PM »
Well if we're to have any chance of getting out of this mess it needs to be good!
I'll be bellowing my head off on Saturday & I know Maresca & his mates behind me will be too, but what about the rest of you? We've gotta raise the roof & even (like me) if you think Mozza should be left out, still get behind him & the team. Sitting on your hands & feeling sorry for yourself won't help us win, so man up!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #943 on: March 05, 2014, 05:55:19 PM »
Turn the music off and Bring Emily back. It did work under Hodgson
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:58:38 PM by WBAinDEVON »

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #944 on: March 05, 2014, 06:23:03 PM »
I have only just joined the forums and think they are great for having a moan and getting rid of the frustrations we are all feeling at the moment,
Come Saturday we will shout our heads off whoever is wearing our shirts and long after they have gone'

I think Morrison should concentrate on getting his form back, we have not seen it for a while. He only said a few weeks ago he was not that upset with Clarke going has he did not always get picked.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #945 on: March 05, 2014, 06:36:58 PM »

I think the atmosphere will be decent, although lunch time kick offs always sterilises things a little.  As supporters this season we seem to have only raised ourselves for the bigger games, coincidentally a bit like the team, goes hand in hand I guess.  But we really need to get behind them and also BACK MEL!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #946 on: March 05, 2014, 06:43:01 PM »
Drowned out by the Man United fans like every other year unfortunately.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #947 on: March 05, 2014, 07:15:50 PM »
Never mind Earnshaw and Horsefield!

Lesson learned.  I don't think so. 

We have a lot of attacking options, but none of them are good enough, including Long.  Our striking options are like a team that has just been promoted.  This is our 4th consecutive season we should have decent strikers (of our own) by now.  Very small time.  If we are going to play 4-5-1 we only need 3 good strikers, maybe a midfielder who can play there as an option - not Long, Anichebe, Anelka, Vydra, Rosenberg, Sessegnon, Berahino (and now Theivy).  3 good strikers and Gera as cover would have been adequate.

I had no problem selling Long.  But not bringing in an adequate replacement is a real misjudgement.

How much would we have got for Long in the summer?  We are taking a really major risk for the sake of around £2m IMO.  Money in the bank won't look good if we end up with parachute payments.
Agree 100%, its the "head in the sand and lets HOPE it'll be OK" attitude that's got us into this position in the first place !!!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #948 on: March 05, 2014, 10:14:28 PM »
Poor Morrison . I bet he's dreading going back to the soap opera
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #949 on: March 05, 2014, 10:18:26 PM »
Poor Morrison . I bet he's dreading going back to the soap opera

Nearly as much as us fans are dreading going back!