Author Topic: Boaz Myhill  (Read 136693 times)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Re: Boaz Myhill
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »
On the os they're talking about a possible dislocated finger.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2015, 06:23:03 PM »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2015, 06:26:05 PM »
Well done Boaz, he hasn't let anyone down so far and, excuse the pun, is a safe pair of hands  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2015, 07:21:02 PM »
Named in the European Team of the Week after Saturday

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/shock-as-west-star-star-is-named-best-in-europe

Some great errors with the names in that article! Glyn Myhill! Where on earth did they get that one from? Alan Irvine instead of Irvine is a bit more of an understandable mistake for a foreign journalist but even so, you would have thought they would have done a bit of basic research!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 07:23:57 PM by Nathan »

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2015, 07:26:22 PM »
Some great errors with the names in that article! Glyn Myhill! Where on earth did they get that one from? Alan Irvine instead of Irvine is a bit more of an understandable mistake for a foreign journalist but even so, you would have thought they would have done a bit of basic research!

I'd say they had done their research, his name is Glyn Myhill, Boaz is simply a nickname.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

ComebackStrodds

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2015, 07:27:12 PM »
Well done to him. When I see Boaz step up I feel like I used to when Scott Carson used to turn out for us, but that's probably because he hasn't had a good enough run out of games.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2015, 07:47:22 PM »
I still maintain his distribution is far superior to Foster's and his shot stopping is only very slightly marginally poorer.
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2015, 07:52:46 PM »
I'd say they had done their research, his name is Glyn Myhill, Boaz is simply a nickname.
According to Wikipedia;
Glyn Oliver Myhill (born 9 November 1982), more commonly known as Boaz Myhill is a professional footballer who plays for West Bromwich Albion as a goalkeeper. Myhill also represented Wales until his international retirement in 2014. Having started his professional career at Aston Villa he later moved to Hull City, establishing himself as first choice goalkeeper.
Born in Modesto, California, the son of an American father and a Welsh mother from Llangollen, Myhill moved to England at the age of one. He attended the Marches School, Oswestry.
Myhill's parents originally intended to name him Boaz, a Hebrew name which they encountered and liked while travelling in Israel, but were dissuaded from doing so by relatives. Nevertheless, Myhill has been called Boaz, rather than by his official name Glyn, throughout his life.
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2015, 07:55:07 PM »
I still maintain his distribution is far superior to Foster's and his shot stopping is only very slightly marginally poorer.

I think I'd go along with that
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2015, 08:42:34 PM »
I have never felt uncomfortable when Myhill has been called upon. He has his strengths and weaknesses just like Foster, and in some aspects he is better than Foster. I think Foster has had his poorest season since he joined us.

People point to the number of clean sheets Foster has kept, but in a lot of games this has been due to the defenders in front of him doing their jobs properly, and often limiting the opposition to long range efforts
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2015, 09:13:48 PM »
Well done to him. When I see Boaz step up I feel like I used to when Scott Carson used to turn out for us, but that's probably because he hasn't had a good enough run out of games.
Spot on mate, i feel the same, i will support him when he turns out for us but never fills me with confidence.
It will be interesting to see how our goalkeepers progress now we have a coach who does more than play keep me up at half time like the last joker we had.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2015, 09:21:09 PM »
I am glad we have 2 decent Prem quality keepers to call upon.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2015, 11:39:47 PM »
Spot on mate, i feel the same, i will support him when he turns out for us but never fills me with confidence.
It will be interesting to see how our goalkeepers progress now we have a coach who does more than play keep me up at half time like the last joker we had.

There have been a few times this season when Foster hasn't filled me with confidence
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

bakebaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #163 on: April 21, 2015, 01:08:02 AM »
According to Wikipedia;
Glyn Oliver Myhill (born 9 November 1982), more commonly known as Boaz Myhill is a professional footballer who plays for West Bromwich Albion as a goalkeeper. Myhill also represented Wales until his international retirement in 2014. Having started his professional career at Aston Villa he later moved to Hull City, establishing himself as first choice goalkeeper.
Born in Modesto, California, the son of an American father and a Welsh mother from Llangollen, Myhill moved to England at the age of one. He attended the Marches School, Oswestry.
Myhill's parents originally intended to name him Boaz, a Hebrew name which they encountered and liked while travelling in Israel, but were dissuaded from doing so by relatives. Nevertheless, Myhill has been called Boaz, rather than by his official name Glyn, throughout his life.
Heard the story from the man himself last summer in the hotel bar in Sacramento. His 'hippie' (his words, not mine) parents were on a visit to California and camping in Yosemite when his mom went into labor, she had to be airlifted to the nearest hospital, which was in Modesto. That's how Boaz came to be born in California. Gotta be the best #2 in the league.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #164 on: April 21, 2015, 09:52:54 AM »
According to Wikipedia;

i aint keen on my name Glyn either, what would you like to call me :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #165 on: April 21, 2015, 02:37:21 PM »
Heard the story from the man himself last summer in the hotel bar in Sacramento. His 'hippie' (his words, not mine) parents were on a visit to California and camping in Yosemite when his mom went into labor, she had to be airlifted to the nearest hospital, which was in Modesto. That's how Boaz came to be born in California. Gotta be the best #2 in the league.
Erm, Petr Cech?

wbasoprano

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #166 on: April 21, 2015, 06:54:51 PM »
Erm, Petr Cech?

Indeed. Victor Valdes?
Allllllll aboard

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2015, 07:36:50 PM »
Erm, Petr Cech?
There's Petr Cech, Victor Valdes, Wojech Szczesny, Michel Vorm's good too & although he's not played in ages, West Ham have Jussi Jaaskelainen... Is Rob Green QPR's no2 or No1?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 07:45:05 PM by Hunnington Baggie »

bakebaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2015, 07:51:21 PM »
There's Petr Cech, Victor Valdes, Wojech Szczesny, Michel Vorm's good too & although he's not played in ages, West Ham have Jussi Jaaskelainen... Is Rob Green QPR's no2 or No1?
Well, it must be the 'baggie blinders' I wear.
I liken it to what Jeff Beck said when asked about the greatest guitar player. Jeff said 'it's like asking what's the best breakfast; it's what you fancy'.
To each his own.

Mr Cynical

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2015, 10:37:36 AM »
Named in the European Team of the Week after Saturday

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/shock-as-west-star-star-is-named-best-in-europe

It was a good show from him.  Needs to be more consistent though - didn't make a save as we lost at home to Leicester and QPR.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2015, 10:54:57 AM »
He's a solid enough back-up keeper, he knows his role and accepts it but always seems to put in some solid performances when called upon.

Raymond

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2015, 09:38:07 AM »
He's a solid enough back-up keeper, he knows his role and accepts it but always seems to put in some solid performances when called upon.

Two clean sheets is good in my book

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #172 on: April 27, 2015, 11:11:17 AM »
Not sure what the clean sheet table looks like now, but I know around 4-5 weeks ago we were 2nd in it behind Southampton?

Boaz's two clean sheets will improve that figure, I read we have had 9 clean sheets since TP been here, which is quite impressive.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #173 on: April 27, 2015, 11:13:31 AM »
Solid handling the weekend
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2015, 10:17:01 PM »
our best keeper.
Nowt against Foster,I just prefer Glynn
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..